PDA

View Full Version : Would anybody help support this?

nate895
02-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Last month there was a couple threads about a website with all the information about our rEVOLution. I was considering putting together a website and a PAC to put this together:

1: Our core issues

2: The various campaigns being waged at that time on behalf of the revolution

3: Forums to discuss strategy, the issues, and whatever else you want to talk about

4: Organizers right down to the county level for the grassroots

5: The main show: the current Presidential campaign, and it will never be empty. If Ron Paul wins, that's awesome, if he loses, we'll just put someone new up there to coalesce around the next time.

For the PAC, we can even hold annual conventions where we decide who is our candidate for next cycle in the GOP race. We should hold it in November just after the election and we can have several people speak (including, hopefully President-Elect Paul), as whoever else wants to come.

If I can get support for a the initial website building ($2300 since I want an awesome website designed by the experts) someone can draw up the FEC paperwork.

nate895
02-10-2008, 01:01 AM
shameless self-bump

Thunderbolt
02-10-2008, 01:05 AM
I will support the Libertarian party. They already are in existence. They already are on many ballots. They have a platform that fits us or at least me to a tee.

Issues

Email this page
Printer friendly page

The Libertarian Party on Today's Issues

"Libertarians believe the answer to America's political problems is the same commitment to freedom that earned America its greatness: a free-market economy and the abundance and prosperity it brings; a dedication to civil liberties and personal freedom that marks this country above all others; and a foreign policy of non-intervention, peace, and free trade as prescribed by America's founders."

I don't see the need to start from scratch. But I do think people on this board should stop being so pig headed about the libertarian party and consider it.

http://www.lp.org/issues/issues.shtml

nate895
02-10-2008, 12:45 PM
I will support the Libertarian party. They already are in existence. They already are on many ballots. They have a platform that fits us or at least me to a tee.

Issues

Email this page
Printer friendly page

"Libertarians believe the answer to America's political problems is the same commitment to freedom that earned America its greatness: a free-market economy and the abundance and prosperity it brings; a dedication to civil liberties and personal freedom that marks this country above all others; and a foreign policy of non-intervention, peace, and free trade as prescribed by America's founders."

I don't see the need to start from scratch. But I do think people on this board should stop being so pig headed about the libertarian party and consider it.

This has nothing to do with parties, just an organization for the national movement and we get together annually, like CPAC, to decide on who deserves our endorsements, and our organization.

It would preferably work to secure the GOP nomination for President for whoever the current Constitutionalist is.

AlexMerced
02-10-2008, 12:51 PM
yeah having something that crosses the message between party lines is what we need

nate895
02-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Bump...

Mark
02-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Something like that is already in the ideas stage.

With everything focused on the current election efforts, not much has been put into details yet. But the plan is has been initiated.

It's, perhaps, along the lines of a new CATO Institute. A thinktank of sorts for planning and political action.

Perhaps you would like to be a part of it? By all means email me if so.

Again, we're concentrating on the current election, but this election cycle is only the beginning.

http://TheFreedomRevolution.com is the current "starter" domain/site - nothing there but a placeholder site for now.

FreeTraveler
02-10-2008, 02:02 PM
There are already several projects underway along these lines. Hook up with one of those and contribute.

These forums will become LibertyForest, for example. McKarnin has an educational organization coming together. Freople or something like that is getting a lot of support too.

Mark
02-10-2008, 02:11 PM

Issues

Email this page
Printer friendly page

The LP sent out a "time to give up on Ron and "come home"" email yesterday. There has been a bit of discussion regarding it. I believe the LP's tepid support of Ron shows that it has become nothing more than another power play by a few insiders. It's time to start anew and forget the LP. They've shown their true colors now.

---------------------------

Email disscussions:

Kathy wrote: Hi everyone,

I just received this in my e-mail. Did any of you? It looks like they are sending to all Ron Paul Supporters. Should we contact campaign HQ about this?

Kathy

------------------------

I got it too Kathy. It seems a bit early to send something like a "give it up" message.
I've heard various stories about factions withing the LP that have given tepid support at best
to Ron during the campaign. I think jealousy and egos were involved.

This part left me wondering if the LP really did all it could to support Ron.

Unfortunately, the Ron Paul campaign has unintentionally taken a toll on our party.
Many of our members have changed their voter registration to vote for Ron Paul
in a primary while others have allowed their support to lapse as they gave all that
they could for a candidate that represented their values.

Early on, I made the decision to not interfere or discourage this activity.
I felt it was wrong for me to place our party above such an incredible opportunity
for liberty that existed with Dr. Paul's run for the White House.

The part, "I made the decision to not interfere or discourage this activity.", really made me wonder.
"Interfere" and "discourage" are not even close to "support wholeheartedly" ect.

There might be such a "power grab" mindset within the LP between different factions that
it's ability to affect real change is fading away. The LP doesn't seem much different than the
Reps and Dems in terms of people vying for personal power instead of focusing in on the good of
the country as a whole. It may be time to start a new party that REAL Ron Paul message supporters
can begin to build from scratch.

In terms of your question as to whether or not we should contact RP HQ, I would imagine there are enough
people on the LP mailing list in HQ that have seen the email so that we don't need to forward it to them.

-----------------------------------------

You have to remember that a Libertarian is a Republican that ran away when the fascists (big government conservatives) came into the Republican Party and took control. The fact that they are in the Libertarian Party is prima facie evidence that they cut and run when things get tough (this is why Ron’s LP pres run is his largest liability to overcome). If these Libertarians would have stayed in the Republican Party and fought years ago, in contrast to swelling the ranks of a nut job party, we would not be in the mess we are in now as a Republic. The hell with the LP, good riddance, they are the weak link.

------------------------

I've spoken to several people who were part of the Libertarian party from the beginning. Several have said the factions and egos killed it. Most of them are now Republicans. I believe the best way to proceed is to take back the Dem and Rep parties from the ground on up. Both parties have strayed so far from what they once were, it's downright disgusting. Then again, that's been the gameplan all along. Create a divide and just keep widening it until each is so far apart, we would no longer be able to band together in cooperation to hold onto our own government. An enemy divided is far easier to conquer. That has been the beauty of Dr. Paul's message. It's not divisive. It unites us all.

---------

Original LP letter:

FROM THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY:

Dear friend,

Late Friday evening, Ron Paul sent out a message to his many supporters stating that he had a "nearly zero" chance of winning the Republican nomination in a brokered convention. Dr. Paul also stated loud and clear that "there will be no third party run."

Many of our own members, maybe even you, have been enthusiastic supporters of Dr. Paul's campaign over the past year. Many thousands have given their time, money and their passion to support the efforts of Ron Paul's presidential campaign.

The efforts of these thousands of supporters were noble, but in the end, Republicans rejected Dr. Paul's message of peace, prosperity and freedom.

The GOP will more than likely move forward with the nomination of a compromising politician who does not cherish the merits of liberty and shows little interest in shrinking the size and power of government.

This leaves the Republican Party right where it started and where it has been for many, many years -- a party without principle. With its partner on the left, both parties continue to represent a compromising beast that continually thirsts for more power at the expense of our liberty, our property and our privacy.

In stark contrast, the Libertarian Party stands firm. Our values are unwavering. Our commitment is unstoppable.

This is not because we hold a strong partisan loyalty to our party structure, it's because we have trust and love for liberty in its purest form. Our party serves as the vessel to affect change within our nation. And unlike the GOP, we don't need to change the party from within and regain our principles, as they have never been lost.

The Libertarian Party is the last remaining stronghold for liberty in American politics.

Unfortunately, the Ron Paul campaign has unintentionally taken a toll on our party. Many of our members have changed their voter registration to vote for Ron Paul in a primary while others have allowed their support to lapse as they gave all that they could for a candidate that represented their values.

Early on, I made the decision to not interfere or discourage this activity. I felt it was wrong for me to place our party above such an incredible opportunity for liberty that existed with Dr. Paul's run for the White House.

But today, it's time to come home.

If you have switched your party registration, allowed your membership to lapse or have put off your decision to join the LP, I now ask that you reverse course and renew your support for our principled party.

In spite of the events of this past year, we were still able to make significant gains in membership with a 28 percent increase while we moved onto a firm financial footing. We did this while seeing inspiring electoral success by winning 20 percent of our races.

This proves that Americans are waking up to liberty and a historic opportunity for growth exists for the LP in 2008. However, in order to take advantage of this time, we need every last man and woman back in our party.

It's time to come home.

Liberty is alive in America today but it is suppressed by the significance and power of the two-party system. Partisanship, combined with ignorance, is destroying our nation by taking away our freedoms and even the lives of those we love through wars of aggression.

The two-party system must be beaten back and destroyed.

Fighting from within either the Republican or Democratic structure does nothing to accomplish this goal and only increases our many problems as time, energy and money is wasted to change a monstrosity that is corrupt beyond repair.

Why fight to move your own party in the direction of freedom when you can fight each day to move your nation in the direction of freedom?

It's time to come home.

Liberty is something that can be everything to one man and nothing to another. Some accept that, while they are born free, they do not live free. They go about their existence either in resignation that they cannot change their personal destiny or they have grown comfortable in their shackles.

Libertarians are different.

Our hearts burn for freedom. We wake each morning, intent on moving our nation in the direction of liberty.

Our passion cannot be diminished or compromised through party labels or the actions of cunning men. Libertarians working through the Libertarian Party will continually challenge those who mean to enslave us through taxation, fear and warfare.

It's time to come home.

Among the many opportunities that exist for our movement, one of the most important is reaching out to the thousands of men and women whose passions have been ignited by the Ron Paul campaign.

All Libertarians must put out a welcome mat to these Americans as they continue to learn more about liberty but are now politically homeless. Most importantly, we must tolerate the minor differences that we may have and accept the differing stages of development of our political thought.

Many of you will be receiving a letter in the mail with the intent of welcoming Ron Paul and his supporters into our party. While that letter was written before the rush of recent events, it is vital that you respond to signal your support for giving these supporters a home within our party.

It's time to come home and to offer a home to those whose minds have been opened to liberty.

Take action today:

To renew your membership, go to www.lp.org/renew (http://announce.lp.org/t/4404/208132/84/0/)

To join the Libertarian Party, go to www.lp.org/join (http://announce.lp.org/t/4404/208132/85/0/)

To donate, go to www.lp.org/donate (http://announce.lp.org/t/4404/208132/86/0/)

To change your voter registration to Libertarian, contact your state party, by visiting www.lp.org/states (http://announce.lp.org/t/4404/208132/87/0/)

Also, do not hesitate to contact me or any other member of our staff by calling 1-800-Elect-Us.

Please take action after you finish reading this message.

In closing, I would like to give the following words to those who stubbornly continue their fight to change the corrupt and destructive Republican or Democrat parties from within.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams, 1776

Our founding fathers did not hope to change the tyranny of British rule from within. They faced their challenge head on. They did not waver, even in spite of the very real possibility that they would lose their very lives against an overwhelming power. They stood together, and eventually they won their freedom.

It is up to us -- we passionate Libertarians -- to reclaim our liberty.

With respect and sincerity,

Shane Cory
Executive Director
Libertarian National Committee

Mark
02-10-2008, 02:22 PM
There are already several projects underway along these lines. Hook up with one of those and contribute.

These forums will become LibertyForest, for example. McKarnin has an educational organization coming together. Freople or something like that is getting a lot of support too.

Agreed. Efforts should be concentrated and not spread out. But egos and personal benefit should be left out. Some seem more interested in having people give them money to start their own personal business that they will make a living off of.

The one I'm involved in was not my idea, but the idea of someone who has been already involved in such organizations, and has become disillusioned with certain entities like the LP and CATO due to their actions in this campaign. This person has the personal means to initiate the effort. The proper personal to contribute to the Organization is one of the next steps. This person doesn't need a business to support themselves and their family, they are already successful. This person's intentions are pure and beyond question.

Mark
02-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Also, there is already an established funding vehicle in place for Educational endeavors that, unlike a PAC, can accept unlimited contributions that are tax deductible.

And, you'll have to forgive me if I seem a bit skeptical of some who have initiated efforts long after the same idea has been previously proposed. Especially when the persons ask for people to just give the the money to start their business, in fact, to just give them quite a large sum of money, after initial attempts to make a living off of the grassroots has failed.

nate895
02-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Also, there is already an established funding vehicle in place for Educational endeavors that, unlike a PAC, can accept unlimited contributions that are tax deductible.

And, you'll have to forgive me if I seem a bit skeptical of some who have initiated efforts long after the same idea has been previously proposed. Especially when the persons ask for people to just give the the money to start their business, in fact, to just give them quite a large sum of money, after initial attempts to make a living off of the grassroots has failed.

Are you accusing me of trying to take your money? Because I wouldn't take a dime of it, I swear it.

It seems as if this is being ignored and I'm afraid that it won't happen. Plus the idea of a national convention like CPAC hasn't come up that I know of.

Mark
02-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Are you accusing me of trying to take your money? Because I wouldn't take a dime of it, I swear it.

It seems as if this is being ignored and I'm afraid that it won't happen. Plus the idea of a national convention like CPAC hasn't come up that I know of.

Yep, a convention hasn't been proposed that I know of. I would imagine that would/could be a part of the Org.

No, not you at all Nate. There has been other recent efforts that have co-oped ideas that had been mentioned long before, and those involved are asking for people to give them thousands of dollars to start their idea instead of just doing it with some of their own money first. That seems a bit suspicious in terms of motive.

Personally, I've spent quite a bit of my own money and time so far on this, without asking for a dime from anyone first. The person who asked me to begin has given a small fortune of their own money for other efforts. And when someone comes along and proposes the same ideas and asks people to just give them thousands of dollars to do it, it seems suspicious.

I need to get ready for a photo shoot for a local magazine's story about our local meetup, but I'll subscribe to this thread and check in later.

But again, NOT AT ALL was I referring to you Nate.

nate895
02-10-2008, 10:00 PM
bump

JimInNY
02-10-2008, 10:07 PM

Yeah, like this one: http://newr3volution.com/

I need help dammit! lol

I can manage the site, I need contributors from each state that know the ins and outs of the GOP in their state.

The content management system I am using for the site can grow into anything we want. Right now I have user blogs, private messaging, a small forum, newsletters, and categories for all 50 states and 5 territories. I can add chat, more categories, polls. petitions, you name it.

JimInNY
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Continuing the above, all registered users can blog there. Anyone that knows anything about the GOP process in their state can be made an author who can post articles in the state category.

The last 5 blog posts will show up at the bottom of home page as latest news.

There's not much we can't do with that site.

nate895
02-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Anybody planning on hosting a convention later this year for us to organize the movement, that is what we should focus should the worst happen, and it very well might.

darkdruid
02-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Last month there was a couple threads about a website with all the information about our rEVOLution. I was considering putting together a website and a PAC to put this together:

1: Our core issues

2: The various campaigns being waged at that time on behalf of the revolution

3: Forums to discuss strategy, the issues, and whatever else you want to talk about

4: Organizers right down to the county level for the grassroots

5: The main show: the current Presidential campaign, and it will never be empty. If Ron Paul wins, that's awesome, if he loses, we'll just put someone new up there to coalesce around the next time.

For the PAC, we can even hold annual conventions where we decide who is our candidate for next cycle in the GOP race. We should hold it in November just after the election and we can have several people speak (including, hopefully President-Elect Paul), as whoever else wants to come.

If I can get support for a the initial website building ($2300 since I want an awesome website designed by the experts) someone can draw up the FEC paperwork.

I am putting together a website for the purpose of further spreading out Ron Paul's message and taking back our country. http://washingtonrevolution.com/ :cool: