PDA

View Full Version : Delegates and Alternates- Read this

Rusty John
02-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Okay, I'm becoming that guy and repeating things- but, for those of us who haven't done this caucus thing before it is very, very important that you show up for your county caucuses. My brother-in-law says he has been caucusing since 1976 and every presidential election at least 1/4 of the elected delegates do not show up at the county caucuses allowing many alternates to vote. So show up!!!

Highstreet
02-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Good to know

Cascadian
02-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Absolutely. Wouldn't miss it. We haven't worked so hard just to walk away.

nate895
02-10-2008, 12:54 AM
Don't worry, our delegates our showing up in our precinct since we know that the alternates are not Paul supporters. We hope none of them come.

hillbilly
02-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Okay, I'm becoming that guy and repeating things- but, for those of us who haven't done this caucus thing before it is very, very important that you show up for your county caucuses. My brother-in-law says he has been caucusing since 1976 and every presidential election at least 1/4 of the elected delegates do not show up at the county caucuses allowing many alternates to vote. So show up!!!

And those of us who don't have caucuses, but do have meetings for our voter precincts need to do the very same thing! All too often spots are filled in name only & folk don't show up. Openings are there.....and if not you could at least go & support your local precinct Ron Paul supporter!

demidog
02-10-2008, 01:07 AM

What's most important to note is that Ron Paul alternates could add 25% more support at the county and state level just by making themselves available to do so. When those McCain Ronmey or Huckabee supporters don't show up, a 21% number jumps to 46% if that pattern held.