PDA

View Full Version : Last stand for Ron Paul: OPERATION COME AND TAKE IT!

terlinguatx
02-10-2008, 12:14 AM

QCB79
02-10-2008, 12:16 AM
dont forget the flag http://www.comeandtakeit.com/small230.gif

terlinguatx
02-10-2008, 12:21 AM
[QUO

SophisticatedFarmGirl
02-10-2008, 12:23 AM
Awesomeness.

slamhead
02-10-2008, 12:23 AM
Going to talk to my meetup and see if we can rally a couple people out your way.

slamhead
02-10-2008, 12:24 AM
This thread needs to be stickied.

Beerhall Agitator
02-10-2008, 12:27 AM
This thread needs to be stickied.

Hell yeah! This is a great effort. We're going to rock the lonestar state.

Jim_Karr
02-10-2008, 12:28 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-20991175565568698&q=bad+to+the+bone&total=2589&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

terlinguatx
02-10-2008, 12:51 AM
[QUOTE

VoteForRonPaul
02-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Good luck guys out there!

TruthAtLast
02-10-2008, 04:18 AM
i think the donation button needs to be a little more prominent.

Akus
02-10-2008, 04:21 AM
The legacy and longevity of this movement will depend on Paul's performance in the March, 4th primaries in Texas, both congressional and presidential.

On the congressional front we must assure Ron Paul secures the Republican nomination in the Texas 14th district. For all intensive purposes this is the congressional election as the district does not elect Democrats, so the Republican nominee is a shoo-in.

On the presidential front, we must win Texas for Paul to send out a message that we will not fade away. From a practical standpoint there are 140 delegates to be gained. With such a huge block behind him, Paul will once again have the leverage needed to make a difference at the convention and it could result in a brokered convention.

With these goals in mind, I have been coordinating with local Texas meetup groups, and also the Texan administrators of this forum, to launch a grassroots political action committee for this final push for Ron Paul. In the spirit and companionship of Operation Live Free or Die (the New Hampshire sate slogan) we are launching Operation Come and Take It! Based on the famous slogan of the Texas revolution uttered by patriots in the battle of Gonzales when Mexican officials demanded that the Texas colonists surrender their arms.

We are making one last final call for volunteers to come to Texas and donations to be made to fund our efforts. Our mission being threefold:
1. Provide room and board for out of state Ron Paul volunteers
2. Provide supplies and office space for meetup groups and grassroots efforts
3. Hire professional canvassers and phonebankers, if needed, to fill in any regional gaps

There are no official presidential campaign headquarters in Texas. This is entirely a grassroots based effort; Democracy at its purest. We have an amazing group of supporters here, and the largest meetup groups in the nation. The sacrifices some of the people have made are amazing. Personally I have spent thousands of my own money traveling to campaign in New Hampshire and Nevada, but it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. The revolution must continue, and Texas will be the last great stand. I urge you to donate or come volunteer. The website is in its final stages of completetion. Please visit:

www.OperationComeAndTakeIt.com

Also, beginning February 10th, during Ron Paul's Lake Jackson, TX rally , we will be launching a fundraising drive: $10 for Texas. Please spread the word and make a $10 dollar donation:

www.TenForTexas.org
for all intends and purposes

just trying to help;)

jake
02-10-2008, 04:22 AM
for all intends and purposes

just trying to help;)

intents.

link88
02-10-2008, 04:35 AM
sticky this!

TRosen75
02-10-2008, 04:40 AM
bump!

Doktor_Jeep
02-10-2008, 05:03 AM
out-farking-standing.

Ball
02-10-2008, 06:01 AM
I'm driving there NOW!

After a month-long stint in NH and a few days in Vegas (which was
really successful). I should have probably gone back to OR to get my
life back in order, but after Romney dropped out I got excited about
the possibilities!

Needless to say, I'm still bleeding red (or should I say huffing gas).
I haphazardly setup this chipin in case anyone wants to help:

http://ball.chipin.com/ron-paul-campaign-texas-gas-money

Anyway, I'm off to sleep (in my truck near Albaquerky. It's cold, but I've done this
before). Been up for over 20 hours and I have plenty of driving ahead
of me.

constituent
02-10-2008, 06:04 AM
http://www.crwflags.com/FOTW/images/u/us-tx-go.gif

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/texas/texas-troutman-flag_small.jpg

constituent
02-10-2008, 06:07 AM
and lest we forget:

Capt. Phillip Dimmit's "First Flag of Texas Independence"

http://www.presidiolabahia.org/images/nine_flags/dimmitsarmflg.gif

goldstandard
02-10-2008, 06:23 AM
Please sticky this thread.
http://www.adopt-a-texan.net/RonPaulTexas.jpg

luvthedoc08
02-10-2008, 06:34 AM
Texas is on the front lines here, with the nafta superhighway gutting your state you all have more to lose in the immediate sense, my heart goes out to you all and you can bet i'd be there too if not for school.

jblosser
02-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Originally posted 02/02 to the *20* Meetup groups in the DFW Metroplex:
================================================== =======

The FW HQ opening was a big success today. We talked to or left lit with
around 250-300 targetted voters in the 3 precincts around the HQ. We'll be
doing a lot of followups next week, and we expect to take on a lot more
volunteers.

One thing many of you that come by the HQ or see the business cards/etc.
will notice is that we've chosen the "Come and Take It" flag as one of our
symbols. For any of you that don't know the history of that flag, or
wonder why we picked it, I figure it's worth a bit of an explanation of
what it means at least for me. It's not just a Texas version of "Live Free
or Die" or because we like the 2nd amendment. It's not because we want to
pick a fight with someone.

For those that don't know, or those that have forgotten, the story of that
flag goes back to the Texas revolution, when part of Santa Anna's army was
dispatched to take back a small cannon that had been given to the citizens
of Gonzales. The citizens, who believed themselves to be fighting to
defend their Constitution from a dictatorial government, refused, and
used fabric from a wedding dress to fashion a flag with a picture of the
cannon, a lone star, and the phrase "Come and Take It". Tensions escalated
until the cannon fired the first shot of the Texas revolution, killing a
Mexican soldier.

This is the part that's important to me: they didn't fight back with
anything resembling a sure victory. They only had 18 men to stand against
the Mexican army initially, so they buried the cannon to hide it and
stalled while they called for reinforcements. They didn't have regular
ammunition for the cannon, so they loaded it with scrap metal and chains.
And not long after the battle where they fired the cannon, they lost the
use of it anyway when the cart it was on broke and they had to burn and
bury it. Some months later, several of those same Texans answered the call
to join those already at the Alamo. They were the only group of
reinforcements to arrive, and we all know what happened there next. They
held off an incredibly superior force for around two weeks. And then they
died.

Were they wrong?

We think of them as heros, but the whole thing kind of reads like a morbid
comedy of errors. So were they wrong? Were they foolish or stupid to
stand against so many with so few? Were they "kooks" to choose certain
death over a life of surrender? Did Liberty sound any more "electable"
standing against Santa Anna with one cannon full of scrap metal than some
think it does now?

Of course they weren't wrong, but you might think so to listen to the media
today and the people we talk to who "like Ron Paul, but won't vote for him
because he can't win". Sure, if you asked them directly these people would
probably tell you they consider the Texas revolutionaries heros,
particularly those that held the line when they had no hope of success or
survival. Yet they show by their actions that they are not of the same
cloth, and what matters to them is being part of what looks like a sure
thing, evil if that thing is evil.

Now this message is not to any among us who might be tired or wondering how
the campaign is doing or anything. There have been some other messages
about that, and of course if you want the best information on how the
campaign is doing you can go look at the returns from Maine this weekend.
This message is for those that probably aren't even on these lists, or are
only on them out of curiousity. The ones that complain Liberty and the
Constitution are not "electable", whether the data even says that's true or
not.

To me, the use of that flag and phrase is not so much a challenge as it is
a reminder. It's a reminder that the right thing isn't always the sure
thing or the safe thing. Sometimes it's just the right thing. We wouldn't
be who we are or where we are if those men hadn't made their stand and died
for it and for us.

Of course, we all also know the Alamo wasn't even the end of the story, and
those of us in this campaign know that Ron Paul is plenty electable. But
we also know we'd be here regardless. We aren't here working for him
because it's the safe thing or the sure thing. We're here because it's the
right thing. In Texas at least, that puts us in pretty good company.

jblosser
02-10-2008, 06:36 AM
And from George W. Davis, one of the "old 18" that stood against the Mexican army at Gonzales:

"You are not interlopers or intruders on the rich inheritance of liberty; your share of these rights, were bought and nobly paid for by the blood and toils and suffering of more than one ancestor. Your Ancestors in the first place have been long on the soil contributing to them, subduing the wilderness and the early settlement of the country bearing all the toils and hardship natural to such enterprises. And when the great war for liberty was commenced sacrificing every comfort and convenience and cheerfully taking up arms for the great cause, never ceased nor quit until the great work was accomplished and this country saved."

Molly1
02-10-2008, 08:25 AM
You need a Christian outreach.

Hagee is there telling everyone that Jesus is not the Messiah and Armageddon is good.

Find Christians and Christian ministers there who will speak out.

Maybe we should send missionaries to Texas rofl!

immanent12
02-10-2008, 08:31 AM
bump for greatness

eukreign
02-10-2008, 08:51 AM
www.OperationComeAndTakeIt.com

On the first page I believe there is a spelling mistake:

It says "Our right to keep what we earn, bare arms, and even free speech are in jeopardy." I do not believe there are any restrictions yet on wearing short sleeve t-shirts and thus having bare arms. Maybe what was really meant is the right to "bear arms"? :D

terlinguatx
02-10-2008, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE

terlinguatx
02-10-2008, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE

Beerhall Agitator
02-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Awesome banner! Hopefully they go up on this forum. See ya at the rally everyone!

DirtMcGirt
02-10-2008, 10:10 AM
We need to round up our best canvassers from around the country and send them there... The dream team of canvassers...

terlinguatx
02-10-2008, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE

Ball
02-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Morning in the LOVE-Mobile:

http://oregoniansforronpaul.com/images/fbfiles/images/morning_sm.jpg

Ball
02-11-2008, 01:32 AM
BTW the more I learn about the process here in Texas, the more optimistic I get!

It's similar to Iowa in that only people who stick around after the stupid poll choose the delegates. A campaign strategy similar to Nevada will be HUGE here!

People, get your arses over here! Republicans here HATE McCain! Look at the straw poll results! In a brokered convention, McCain will be resoundingly REJECTED (and in spite of what Ron said, it is still well in play). WE CAN WIN THE PRESIDENCY!

terlinguatx
02-11-2008, 11:16 AM

hyoomen
02-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Dallas, TX checking in. I'm going to work with some other college students and try to get the N. Texas campuses canvassed or at least have flyers hung.

Have there been any ideas about how to get out the Hispanic vote? This seems difficult given a tough stance on illegal immigration, but I think if we play on how people come to America because of the American dream, and that the dream depends upon support of our constitutional ideals, we can ultimately demonstrate the importance of the Congressman's stance.

Also, how are we going to rock the older & religious votes?

Ball
02-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Have there been any ideas about how to get out the Hispanic vote?

Only Hispanics who came here legally can vote. Why would they be in favor of letting people cut in line?

Anyway, do they really want this country to turn into Mexico? There is a reason why one body politic has managed to create prosperity better than the other, and elimination of that difference will eliminate their relative prosperity.

Also, how are we going to rock the older & religious votes?

Ask them if they would recognize a man who was chaste, well tempered, charitable, diligent, patient, kind, and humble, or if they need someone who waves the Bible around to show how Christian they are.

Ball
02-11-2008, 02:05 PM
BTW, college students don't vote. The only exception I've heard of is Louisiana, and I don't know how they did it.

Perhaps you can do better to contact the college political groups who are more likely to caucus.

jblosser
02-11-2008, 02:07 PM
No offense to you fine people but I'm not talking hard strategy in this forum given what happened in LA and the fact that the GOP here is even redder (though LA does have infamous corruption going for it).

If you want to help, donate or get here. Believe me when I say anything is possible if we just have the boots on the ground and the flyers in hands. Romney dropping out sucked the air out of the entire metroplex and we have party people calling us now.

jblosser
02-11-2008, 02:08 PM
BTW, college students don't vote. The only exception I've heard of is Louisiana, and I don't know how they did it.

Perhaps you can do better to contact the college political groups who are more likely to caucus.

Yeah. The college groups here have been worthless for getting work done.

What we need more than anything is neighborhood canvassers. We have a lot of people but most blew their vacation time campaigning long ago and only have weekends right now.

LibertyEagle
02-11-2008, 02:08 PM
bump

kigol
02-11-2008, 02:10 PM
awesome

manny
02-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Excellent work guys.

I hope you're all stressing the illegal amnesty McCain worked with Kennedy for. Surely not one Texan will support him.

The only real suggestion I have is to learn from the other states and deal with reality - that being that the old folks vote in larger numbers than the young ones. Maybe they don't have the passion, but they vote.

Go to old fokes homes, get old relatives involved, target areas where they live - whatever it takes. And make sure they know how conservative Ron is. If they've been watching Fox they'll likely think he's some liberal. Gun rights, low taxes, anti-illegal amnesty, national independence - Ron aligns perfectly for Texans concerns.

A win here would be so sweet, setting us up with the momentum. Go all out guys! Good luck.

manny
02-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Also I wanted to ask - anyone out there or who otherwise knows - how big/highly populated is Ron's congressional district compared to Texas as a whole? Is it likely to have much of an impact on the statewide vote?

Kotin
02-11-2008, 02:30 PM
bump

jblosser
02-11-2008, 02:32 PM
The Texas public will support McCain just like the public of every other state because he's the default vote for those that watch the MSM. The issues are not relevant to that crowd. We only beat that by canvassing.

The Texas GOP is another story. They will split over Paul and Huckabee.

Ron's CD will probably be enough to take Houston, which is one of 3 major populated areas. Austin is more libertarian-leaning and has been Ron Paul land for months. The fight is in DFW.

manny
02-11-2008, 03:06 PM
The Texas public will support McCain just like the public of every other state because he's the default vote for those that watch the MSM. The issues are not relevant to that crowd. We only beat that by canvassing.

The Texas GOP is another story. They will split over Paul and Huckabee.

Ron's CD will probably be enough to take Houston, which is one of 3 major populated areas. Austin is more libertarian-leaning and has been Ron Paul land for months. The fight is in DFW.

:eek:

It seems to be going that way :mad:

Are you in Texas? Are people there of all places not angered by McCain's far left wing positions on illegal immigration? Do they know he's allied with Ted Kennedy?

Generally I honestly think we're all going about this the wrong way - trying to run before we can walk. No need to get everyone to agree with Ron's ideas on business cycles and their links to credit-based currencies etc.

He's the most conservative on gun rights, taxes, states rights, the constitution, illegal immigration, national independence.

For credibility - 5 years ago he said Iraq would be a mess. It was. 5 years ago he said that artificially low interest rates from the Fed would lead to a boom followd by bust. It's happening. Compared to the mediocre intellects of Huckabee and McCain, both of whom have never even read a book by Hayek.

He's also a pro-life doctor, with an impeccable family life, married to the same woman for decades.

This stuff might not matter to us but it does 100% to the average republicans.

There's real debates to be had abaout foreign policy, free trade, monetary systems, central banks - I love that stuff. But we need votes in the next week. We need them yesterday. Get average republicans to understand how conservative Ron is, especially versus the other two.

peznex
02-11-2008, 11:30 PM
:eek:

It seems to be going that way :mad:

Are you in Texas? Are people there of all places not angered by McCain's far left wing positions on illegal immigration? Do they know he's allied with Ted Kennedy?

Generally I honestly think we're all going about this the wrong way - trying to run before we can walk. No need to get everyone to agree with Ron's ideas on business cycles and their links to credit-based currencies etc.

He's the most conservative on gun rights, taxes, states rights, the constitution, illegal immigration, national independence.

For credibility - 5 years ago he said Iraq would be a mess. It was. 5 years ago he said that artificially low interest rates from the Fed would lead to a boom followd by bust. It's happening. Compared to the mediocre intellects of Huckabee and McCain, both of whom have never even read a book by Hayek.

He's also a pro-life doctor, with an impeccable family life, married to the same woman for decades.

This stuff might not matter to us but it does 100% to the average republicans.

There's real debates to be had abaout foreign policy, free trade, monetary systems, central banks - I love that stuff. But we need votes in the next week. We need them yesterday. Get average republicans to understand how conservative Ron is, especially versus the other two.

I'm in Texas. All I hear about is McLAME. I have never heard anyone bring up Ron Paul. It makes me very sad:( I don't know of anyone that wants Obama or Clinton around here. I try to tell them that you can't stay in a war AND cut spending but nobody listens.

hyoomen
02-11-2008, 11:37 PM
More than 80% of the people with whom I discuss Ron Paul either are not aware of him or have concluded that he is no longer in the race.

My plans for the next month of actions:

1) canvas my precinct
2) put up wanted/lost flyers on every telephone pole I can
3) try to throw door hangers on every door for every apartment complex in a 2 mile radius -- if I can afford 'em
4) my friends and I are working on some banners (and I've found one or two out on the highway I need to fix)
5) I'm waiting on my 4000 lumens overhead projector to arrive so we can do guerilla projections near highways and large buildings (until the equipment is confiscated, I suppose)
6) figure out some way to rock the elderly/religious -- I have no ideas about this as I am neither

We need large scale media events similar to the non-violent 'stunts' in Yugoslavia that helped overthrow Milosevic.

terlinguatx
02-12-2008, 12:16 PM

terlinguatx
02-12-2008, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE

terlinguatx
02-12-2008, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE

Beerhall Agitator
02-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I've got some extra literature and signs from the New Hampshire primary. You guys want me to send that down?

austin4paul
02-12-2008, 04:56 PM
I posted this on another thread, but as things get lost in these forums, am also re-posting again on this threat. If you can help us with the Austin rally, then please post those replies here

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119387

At a speech given by Newt Gingrich before CPAC last Sunday, he warned that the Republicans face a "catastrophic" election this year unless the GOP changes course. He pointed out that on Super Tuesday, 14.6 million voters took part in the Democratic races, compared to 8.3 million Republicans.

He also pointed out that this upcoming election is about MORE than just the Presidency -- there are 513,000 elected officials in the United States. If the turnout is the same at the general election as it is at the primary and those voters vote down party lines, the Republican party will face a complete WIPE-OUT in the next elections -- not just in the White House, but also in Congress, in the Senate and in every local position in elected politics!

The party leadership is beginning to realize this and a mass panic is emerging within the party ranks. We need to seize this moment of opportunity. Mr. Gingrich said: "I was in Idaho this last week, and Barack Obama on last Saturday had 16,000 people in Boise. The idea [of] the most liberal Democratic Senator getting 16,000 people in Boise was inconceivable....and every person who cares about the conservative movement and every person who cares about the Republican Party had better stop and say to themselves, 'There is something big happening in this county.' We don't understand it. We're not responding to it. And we're currently not competitive. And if we want to get to be competitive, we had better change and we had better change now."

Where do you think Newt Gingrich got the phrase "Something Big" from? Does this sound familiar?

"There's something going on in this country, and it's big. It's really big! And I happen to be lucky enough to be a part of it!"
- Dr. Ron Paul, CNN/Youtube debate, November 28, 2007

Gingrich sounded the alarm and issued an immediate call for CHANGE within the Republican party: "And let me make this very clear, I believe we have to change or expect defeat."

We have an opportunity, and it is coming up soon -- on February 23rd, Ron Paul will be holding a rally in Austin, TX.

We are already expecting at least 2,000 people to attend this rally, and we've just barely gotten started promoting it.
If we maximize participation at this rally and we can draw 20,000 people to Austin, we can show the Republican Party leaders that Ron Paul is the only candidate in their ranks that has the ability to compete with Barack Obama.

The media will not be able to ignore this. In the aftermath of Gingrich's warning, they are already more willing to speak out against McCain. We can do this -- I know we can. I propose that instead of (or perhaps in addition to) a march in Washington next summer, that we do what only the Ron Paul Revolution has the power and enthusiastic support to do. We need to bring 20,000 Ron Paul supporters to the rally in Austin on February 23rd and send a loud and clear message to the Republican leadership that it's time for change, they need to embrace us and return the Republican party to it's traditional roots -- the views and ideas being promoted by Dr. Ron Paul and his growing army of Republican Revolutionaries.

Following the rally on February 23rd, I call on those who decend on Austin to then join with Operation: Come and Take it and spread out across Texas united as modern-day patriots to united the Republican party behind the only man who can effectively compete with Mr. Obama.

I propose we call this rally SOMETHING BIG. Let's join together and show the Republican Party what SOMETHING BIG really means!
I have reserved the domain name itssomethingbig.com for use in promoting this event. I don't have much talent with web development or graphic design. If someone can help, please PM me. Let's get this going!

kirkblitz
02-12-2008, 11:04 PM
good idea.

terlinguatx
02-13-2008, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE

Beerhall Agitator
02-14-2008, 09:41 AM
YES!

alrighty, will do :)

torchbearer
02-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Shall we make our stand in Texas? General Sam Houston is on his way... we must hold this fort at all cost!!!!!!!!!

Crickett
02-14-2008, 10:38 AM
More than 80% of the people with whom I discuss Ron Paul either are not aware of him or have concluded that he is no longer in the race.

My plans for the next month of actions:

1) canvas my precinct
2) put up wanted/lost flyers on every telephone pole I can
3) try to throw door hangers on every door for every apartment complex in a 2 mile radius -- if I can afford 'em
4) my friends and I are working on some banners (and I've found one or two out on the highway I need to fix)
5) I'm waiting on my 4000 lumens overhead projector to arrive so we can do guerilla projections near highways and large buildings (until the equipment is confiscated, I suppose)
6) figure out some way to rock the elderly/religious -- I have no ideas about this as I am neither

We need large scale media events similar to the non-violent 'stunts' in Yugoslavia that helped overthrow Milosevic.

I have some help with #6.
This is a downloadable cd burnable soeech less than 10 minutes long that shows RP's stand on many issues religious people are looking for. (Christians)
http://rapidshare.com/files/91010265/libertyU_archive_cut_part1.wmv

Older people in retirement homes--call the activity director and see if she will allow you to put on a little program for them about a presidential candidate. They should, then do it. Older people may vote for a candidate because you came and told them about him.

terlinguatx
02-14-2008, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=

miketwalker
02-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Are any of the Operation Live Free or Die people still going? I know some of them went to Nevada after I talked with them at the conclusion of NH (and we all know how amazingly well Nevada went). I hope some of them are able to help get as many feet on the ground there as possible. Best of luck to all of you. Remember the Alamo!

LibertyEagle
02-15-2008, 03:45 AM
bump

a2planet2
02-15-2008, 04:04 AM
Has anybody verified where the money for OperationComAndTakeIt goes?

The site was registered by domainsbyproxy.com which is a site for people who want their identity hidden. Is anybody concerned that they have no idea who their money is going to, much less how it will be spent?

Is there any reason why this money should be donated to anyone other than the Ron Paul Presidential and Congressional campaigns?

Mark
02-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Has anybody verified where the money for OperationComAndTakeIt goes?

The site was registered by domainsbyproxy.com which is a site for people who want their identity hidden.

Is anybody concerned that they have no idea who their money is going to, much less how it will be spent?

Is there any reason why this money should be donated to anyone other than the Ron Paul Presidential and Congressional campaigns?

People on this forum concerned where their money goes? Who's getting paid? Well, it usually depends on if the person is a "grassroots celebrity".

Registrant

Domains by Proxy, Inc.
(480) 624-2599 Phone
(480) 624-2599 Fax
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

operationcomeandtakeit.com@domainsbyproxy.com

Administrative Contact

Registration Private

Domains by Proxy, Inc.
(480) 624-2599 Phone
(480) 624-2599 Fax
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
operationcomeandtakeit.com@domainsbyproxy.com

Registrant

Domains by Proxy, Inc.
(480) 624-2599 Phone
(480) 624-2599 Fax
DomainsByProxy.com
United States

tenfortexas.org@domainsbyproxy.com

Administrative Contact

Registration Private

Domains by Proxy, Inc.
(480) 624-2599 Phone
(480) 624-2599 Fax
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
tenfortexas.org@domainsbyproxy.com

constituent
02-15-2008, 06:35 AM
Also I wanted to ask - anyone out there or who otherwise knows - how big/highly populated is Ron's congressional district compared to Texas as a whole? Is it likely to have much of an impact on the statewide vote?

strange mix... urban up by houston, very rural near victoria.... veeeeeeery rural.

terlinguatx
02-15-2008, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE

terlinguatx
02-15-2008, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE

jblosser
02-15-2008, 03:56 PM
TOPIC PAC exists:
http://herndon1.sdrdc.com/cgi-bin/cancomsrs/?_08+C00444794
http://images.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?C00444794

The PAC officers are standup Ron Paul people who have been working harder than anyone I know for months to make sure we win Texas. They formed the PAC to pay for local flyers, advertising, and the like. The stuff the PCC will not be doing in Texas. By all means, give to the official campaign til you max out. For those that can't give more that way, they can give more this way, and many are.

And they're glad to have Will's operationcomeandtakeit.com and tenfortexas.org fundraising efforts helping out. They also have a direct chipin for those that prefer that method:
http://ocati.chipin.com/canvass-texas

Note, all 3 of these are currently at the top of the front page of these forums.

LibertyEagle
02-15-2008, 04:23 PM
bump

Beerhall Agitator
02-15-2008, 08:49 PM
TOPIC PAC exists:
http://herndon1.sdrdc.com/cgi-bin/cancomsrs/?_08+C00444794
http://images.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?C00444794

The PAC officers are standup Ron Paul people who have been working harder than anyone I know for months to make sure we win Texas. They formed the PAC to pay for local flyers, advertising, and the like. The stuff the PCC will not be doing in Texas. By all means, give to the official campaign til you max out. For those that can't give more that way, they can give more this way, and many are.

And they're glad to have Will's operationcomeandtakeit.com and tenfortexas.org fundraising efforts helping out. They also have a direct chipin for those that prefer that method:
http://ocati.chipin.com/canvass-texas

Note, all 3 of these are currently at the top of the front page of these forums.

This is a very worthy cause, thanks for chiming in

Bryan
02-15-2008, 09:36 PM
The money is going to the TOPIC PAC, see TopicPac.org. As stated on the FAQ page of operationcomeandtakeit.com and on the details page of the chipin: http://ocati.chipin.com/topic-pac-ocati . Bryan, the forum administrator met with us, and checked everything out. In summary, it's a federally registered PAC being run by the meetup group leaders of Dallas and Fort Worth.

As for the second question, there are no official presidential campaign headquarters in Texas. It's an entirely grassroots efforts. The meetup groups have done and amazing job at being resourceful and pooling money to get office space and materials, but much more is needed. We want to win the congressional AND presidential primary. With Texas' historically low voter turnout b/c the primary is usually neglected, and it being Paul's homestate, we're making a lot of headway. But there's so much we want to do and so little funds. Please donate or come volunteer and housing arangments will be made for you.
Bump. :)

Just to confirm, we did talk. My $0.02- I think that funding volunteer grassroots canvassing can have a better ROI than anything else, based on the fact that in involves a lot of free labor that would otherwise have to be paid for.

terlinguatx
02-16-2008, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE

terlinguatx
02-17-2008, 01:59 PM

Working Poor
02-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Hey don't mess with Texas go Ron Paul!!

terlinguatx
02-17-2008, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE

Thomas Paine
02-17-2008, 07:01 PM
March 4 is the anniversary date of the Last Stand at the Alamo.

terlinguatx
02-18-2008, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE

LibertyEagle
02-18-2008, 01:33 PM
bump

Joe3113
02-19-2008, 04:40 AM
dont forget the flag http://www.comeandtakeit.com/small230.gif

Is it just me or does that look like a guy rolled up in a piece of carpet?

terlinguatx
02-19-2008, 12:06 PM

terlinguatx
02-21-2008, 06:34 PM

terlinguatx
03-04-2008, 10:18 AM