PDA

View Full Version : We never get any news media attention at all...until

Fox McCloud
02-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Ron Paul hints that a brokered convention "is unlikely" in his most recent letter to us all....the media doesn't hop on us when we raise millions, have some event, or get 2nd place...but they hop on us when Ron hints that things are unlikely to swing way: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23087158

I hate the news media-let them all be damned.

J Free
02-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Just take names. When this campaign is over, I believe it is time for a boycott to the death. Drive them out of business entirely - and drive out of business all those who advertise on them.

But that will require an effort to identify alternative RP-supporting businesses so that people can make a switch

sophocles07
02-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Ron Paul hints that a brokered convention "is unlikely" in his most recent letter to us all....the media doesn't hop on us when we raise millions, have some event, or get 2nd place...but they hop on us when Ron hints that things are unlikely to swing way: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23087158

I hate the news media-let them all be damned.

I thought the same thing: I just typed www.msn.com, and it came up with a page to get to my hotmail account; it came up with a headline: "Paul won't run third-party race".

Yeah, this shit is fucking repulsive.

It's more than repulsive.

These corporations controlling the politics, which is what it is, are fucking repulsive.

It should be embarrassing for Americans to have allowed such a system to manifest itself in our lifetime (or anytime).

But they take Wolf Blitzer, Brit Hume, Chris Matthews, and Jim Lehrer at their word; so what can you expect?

JFR-Clay
02-10-2008, 11:05 AM
If Dr.Paul was like the other candidates we would still be on the sidelines.
We do not want media attention !
We do not want to be popular !
We do not want to be mainstream !
We want freedom...freedom is the goal, not popularity.
Either this movement goes without Ron Paul or it fails.
Dr.Paul knows this, we should learn from the example he has set.
Live freedom, no pandering
Live the constitution, no media manipulation
Live liberty, people follow us because we do things right. If we lower our standards for quick popularity we have become a part of the establishment and thus the enemy to freedom.
We need to be looking to the congressional races, looking for more principled constitutionalist, not the media. THe media is the enemy. THe next Ron Paul out there running for congress is the answer

foxx
02-10-2008, 11:14 AM
ya . Dr.Paul admits things are slim and he gets headlines ... what gives

CountryboyRonPaul
02-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Ignore Ron Paul for 6 months, then make it the top story when he writes one sentence saying that he is unlikely to take the nomination.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I think it's obvious the media has it's own agenda, and Ron Paul threatens that agenda.

angelatc
02-10-2008, 11:52 AM
This is satire, written by Warren Redlich

Fox News broke its own rules today and did a major story on Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul. The company's chairman, Roger Ailes, explained the decision rather simply: "Now that he's not in the race any more, we figure we might as well mention he was in it. This is part of our fair and balanced coverage. It was the right time."

Ron Paul fans had been extremely critical of the Fox News blackout on their candidate. The most controversial moment was a debate held in New Hampshire before the primary. Ron Paul was excluded while Rudy Giuliani and Fred Thompson were included, even though the latter two didn't really campaign in the state.

Even though their candidate is now being covered, Ron Paul fans (known by many as Paultards) are still not satisfied. One supporter, known only as Ethan, expressed disgust at the inaccuracy in the latest coverage: "They're saying Dr. Paul is out of the race when he's not! Those bastards will pay!!!"

Hearing the accusation, Fox News promptly apologized and assured all that they will go back to the previous policy of pretending Ron Paul doesn't exist. "We're not really sure he does exist," noted spokeswoman Alyson Juan-Derlan, "we've never seen him on our channel so maybe he doesn't."

Printed from: http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i30207

VoteForRonPaul
02-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Just take names. When this campaign is over, I believe it is time for a boycott to the death. Drive them out of business entirely - and drive out of business all those who advertise on them.

Cannot agree more!

sophocles07
02-10-2008, 01:51 PM
We do not want media attention !

Well, we'll finish last in every election we attempt to win then.