PDA

View Full Version : the only candidate that would have widespread support is...

gaazn
02-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Mark Sanford. A lot of buzz about him being on top of McCain's VP list. But McCain might not even clinch the nomination. In that case, Ron Paul could throw Sanford's name into the convention mix for president. While foreign policy might not change too much, Sanford has proven to be for smaller government. With Sanford, everyone wins including the Ron Paul wing of the GOP. We can't have it all, but Sanford would be a good choice.

RSLudlum
02-10-2008, 12:23 AM
Mark Sanford. A lot of buzz about him being on top of McCain's VP list. But McCain might not even clinch the nomination. In that case, Ron Paul could throw Sanford's name into the convention mix for president. While foreign policy might not change too much, Sanford has proven to be for smaller government. With Sanford, everyone wins including the Ron Paul wing of the GOP. We can't have it all, but Sanford would be a good choice.

My store manager said she heard a Sanford VP slot for McCain mentioned on the radio and it stunned me. Sanford is a good man, but i just don't see how he could accept the position with his principles he's practiced in the past. He's just struck down REAL ID in SC, has always pushed for smaller gov't, definitely a fiscal conservative, and takes pride in making personal term-limits for himself, and truely believes in the Constitution. I'd love to see him run in 2012 if RP doesn't make the cut. But i would never forgive myself for voting McCain.

RSLudlum
02-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Anybody else hear about this?

BigRedBrent
02-10-2008, 01:59 AM
We MUST pave the streets with GREAT Educational Ads !!!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1228697

No1ButPaul08
02-10-2008, 02:27 AM

I agree. Sanford is my favorite politician not named Ron Paul that ever stands the chance of getting elected president. I've also heard the VP speculation. It would be a GREAT choice for McCain, from McCain's perspective. I'm not sure Sanford would take it, although I imagine he would. You're right that he is the only compromise between Ron Paul supporters and the rest of the GOP

affa
02-10-2008, 03:51 AM
McCain would need to pry my vote out of my cold dead hands and then he'd just find RON PAUL sharpie'd on the inside of my middle finger.

I don't care who his VP is.

kirkblitz
02-10-2008, 04:07 AM
sanford is awesome and i dont think he would take a VP from mccain.

He has said his last term of govenor will be last political campaign he runs in.

Besides im pretty sure hes had enough with mccain since our senator is mccains bitch. God i hate graham.

gaazn
02-10-2008, 03:08 PM
mccain is just throwing out names to make him have conservative credibility. i doubt sanford would accept a VP offer, nor be offered it. it would be very hard for a true conservative to join with a neoconservative.

From 2005 State of the State address:

"I don’t know how the situation in Iraq sorts itself out, but I do know the war spreads a gray cloud over what happens next in any economy until it is settled. Wars are expensive, both to the soldier and the taxpayer. On the taxpayer front, we’re now spending $6 billion per month in Iraq, this state’s budget for the entire year, and for the soldiers in the field, the costs are far greater. Twenty-nine South Carolinians have now been killed in the fighting overseas."

Also, Sanford is notoriously frugal, sleeping in his office as a Congressman. He was one of the few Republicans who voted against changing Washington National airport to Ronald Reagan Washington National airport. He cut a lot of spending as governor in SC and now SC agencies have to post their spending information online. A bunch of Republicans in his own state don't like him because he cut so much spending. He said he would, and he did, and for some reason everyone acts surprised. He knows that you have to cut taxes and spending to be fiscally responsible and fiscally conservative. I hope he is watching the RP revolution and be encouraged to run for President.

RSLudlum
02-10-2008, 03:37 PM
sanford is awesome and i dont think he would take a VP from mccain.

He has said his last term of govenor will be last political campaign he runs in.

Besides im pretty sure hes had enough with mccain since our senator is mccains bitch. God i hate graham.

Check out Mark McBride for US Senate...if we can use our grassroots force to push him, he could quite possibly take Grahamnesty's seat!!!

He's anti-McCain, he's against amnesty, against the iraq war, against our current foriegn policy.

official site: www.markmcbride.us

short youtube of him speaking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5WGC5Q1W4w

kirkblitz
02-10-2008, 04:36 PM
yeah i live in the myrtle beach area, so i know about mark. I hope he can ramp up his campaign, because i think he might actually do a good job.

mtmedlin
02-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Sanford / Napolitano

Napolitano / Sanford

Naraku
02-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Amazing. I was actually saying Mark Sanford is a good choice for McCain's VP, but I'm not sure he'll accept. However, look on the bright side of this, if he is his VP and wins, he stands a good chance of running for President and winning.

JS4Pat
02-11-2008, 09:08 PM
While foreign policy might not change too much....

With Sanford, everyone wins including the Ron Paul wing of the GOP. We can't have it all...

WHY NOT?

Changes in foreign policy HAS to be in the mix for my vote and support.

NO COMPROMISE FOR ME ON THAT ISSUE!