PDA

View Full Version : ACTION ITEM : Article from Google News calls RP "libertarian candidate"

rpf2008
08-10-2007, 12:22 PM
This is so funny....

Look at the middle of the article :

He who can spend the most tends to win the most (and every straw poll since it began in 1979 has predicted the eventual GOP caucus winner).

Now look at the bottom :

For example, libertarian candidate Ron Paul, who launched his debut round of ads in the Hawkeye state this week, is probably in for the long haul regardless of where he fares after Saturday.

http://thegate.nationaljournal.com/2007/08/ames.php

email the author : itsikitas@njdc.com

Since this runs on Google millions will see it. I already emailed the author and asked them to correct their mistake.

Bradley in DC
08-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Relax. Dr. Paul IS a libertarian. In fact, he's even a Libertarian (never gave up his lifetime LP membership).

If you want to email the author, nicely thank him for acknowledging Dr. Paul has the support and money to survive Ames no matter what and is in it for the long haul!

rpf2008
08-10-2007, 12:33 PM
I know he is a libertarian, but he's running as a republican.

Many people have no idea what a libertarian is and may be turned off to Dr. Paul simply for "being one".

Bradley in DC
08-10-2007, 12:38 PM
I know he is a libertarian, but he's running as a republican.

Many people have no idea what a libertarian is and may be turned off to Dr. Paul simply for "being one".

Capitalization may be the point of confusion. He is both a libertarian and a republican (so is Hillary for that matter) and is both a Libertarian and a Republican (Hillary is not). Yes, he is running for president (and congress) as a Republican, but the statement is simply true.

rpf2008
08-10-2007, 01:07 PM
The statement is technically true but on the whole it's misleading. Ron Paul is running as a republican. He's been serving as a republican in Texas for some time now.

It seems to me that some libertarians are using Pauls new found popularity to spread the libertarian message vs just trying to make sure Paul wins.

tony.angelo
08-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Mind your little "L"s and big "R"s. The article is accurate as stated.

kylejack
08-10-2007, 03:15 PM
The statement is technically true but on the whole it's misleading. Ron Paul is running as a republican. He's been serving as a republican in Texas for some time now.

It seems to me that some libertarians are using Pauls new found popularity to spread the libertarian message vs just trying to make sure Paul wins.

Ron Paul is not running as a republican. He is running as a Republican. Ron Paul is not running as a Libertarian. He is running as a libertarian. It is you that is confused. The author of the article is correct.

kylejack
08-10-2007, 03:16 PM
And by the way, I fully support using Ron Paul's campaign to spread the libertarian message, because its a good message that should resonate beyond this campaign.