PDA

View Full Version : Will Huckster get us the brokered convention we were hoping for?

Sematary
02-09-2008, 11:11 PM
???

RonPaulVolunteer
02-09-2008, 11:18 PM
small, remote, possibility...

jrich4rpaul
02-09-2008, 11:19 PM
It's possible. Huck is rising, and if we keep in the fight for Ron Paul he will do better as well. If McCain gets 35% or less in every following state, it's very possible.

jeff43
02-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Basically there is no chance as Ron Paul himself has said. I'm going to focus on his Congressional run, as he is, and geting others like him in Congress. His Presidential bid is pretty much over, but that does not mean we should quit spreading the message. The sticky at the top of the guy in Alaska changing the Republican Party in his state is exactly what we should be doing. McCain doesn't even have to win a lot of the remaining states as they're proportional delegate. Once McCain sweeps all 3 contests on Tuesday, it'll put this brokered convention nonsense to rest.

affa
02-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Basically there is no chance as Ron Paul himself has said.

Give it a rest, would you?

Sematary
02-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Basically there is no chance as Ron Paul himself has said. I'm going to focus on his Congressional run, as he is, and geting others like him in Congress. His Presidential bid is pretty much over, but that does not mean we should quit spreading the message. The sticky at the top of the guy in Alaska changing the Republican Party in his state is exactly what we should be doing. McCain doesn't even have to win a lot of the remaining states as they're proportional delegate. Once McCain sweeps all 3 contests on Tuesday, it'll put this brokered convention nonsense to rest.

I don't know how much time YOU put into this campaign but I (and many others) have spent the better part of the last year working our ASSES off and fighting the goddammed campaign tooth and nail to get ANYTHING done and I am NOT ready to give up now!

misericordia
02-09-2008, 11:25 PM
bump

jeff43
02-09-2008, 11:26 PM
That's fine. You do what you think is best and I'll do what I think is best. We're both working for the same man and the same message here. I will be focusing on Paul's Congressional race as he is doing. I'm just saying that the chances of a brokered convention are virtually zero. Huckabee won't even get close to defeating McCain in the contests on Tuesday like Virginia, Maryland, and D.C.

cswake
02-09-2008, 11:26 PM
+1 We fight for delegates and hope for the convention. Nothing is absolute.

affa
02-09-2008, 11:27 PM
I don't know how much time YOU put into this campaign but I (and many others) have spent the better part of the last year working our ASSES off and fighting the goddammed campaign tooth and nail to get ANYTHING done and I am NOT ready to give up now!

Don't even bother with Jeff43. He's been posting pretty much the same thing all day in every thread remotely connected with... um... Ron Paul.

Edit to add: Nice sig, Jeff43. You're a class act.

The Only Woj
02-09-2008, 11:27 PM
CNN just did a projected outcome

if, for the remaining states, each break down:

Huck 50%
McCain 40%
Paul 10%

based on the way they award delegates, McCain surpasses the need delegate count. even if Huckabee WINS all the states, McCain will still amt enough delegates to lock it up.

RP supporters should NOT start voting for Huckabee, because that won't affect McCain's numbers.

If anything, do NOT go after Huckabee supporters. We need McCain supporters. to vote for us OR Huckabee.

that's the new mission, to get McCain supporters onto either RP or Huckabee, to keep his % low and prevent him from getting delegates.

Basically, we need a bunch more Kansas-like states. But I don't think that's going to happen.

Carole
02-09-2008, 11:29 PM
According to CNN even if he won all states but DC, Virginia and Maryland, it would not be enough. McInSane will win. Especially after we just lost Washington to him. Unbelievable!

BiPolarBear
02-09-2008, 11:30 PM

Exactly. Enough with all the negativity already...

I think the brokered convention is very much still a possibility. Romney "suspended/dropped out" to save his checkbook. The GOP isn't in love with McWar and the Bible thumpers luv them some Huckster...The battle will continue. With or without all the fair-weather supporters or not! The hardcore people are here until the end.

For me, as I have said before, that means I will be going into the voting booth in November with a sharpie, a can of spray paint, and whatever else I may need and I WILL VOTE FOR RON PAUL.

Carole
02-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Sematary, here is a big {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks for all your hard work. :)

Sematary
02-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Sematary, here is a big {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks for all your hard work. :)

Thanks. Hugs back. :)

rocketless
02-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Once McCain sweeps all 3 contests on Tuesday, it'll put this brokered convention nonsense to rest.

A lot can change in three days, just look as to what has happened since tuesday. I think after today the huckster has a good chance of upsetting Mcbane

http://susanmernit.blogspot.com/rainierwolfcastle-aka-mcbain.gif =http://www.flipfloppers.org/images/mccain.jpg=http://punchup.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/john_mccain.jpg

gaazn
02-09-2008, 11:56 PM
yes. the math says mccain won't win 40% of the remaining delegates. virginia, nc, nebraska, ohio, wisconsin, texas? no way.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-10-2008, 06:28 AM
CNN just did a projected outcome

if, for the remaining states, each break down:

Huck 50%
McCain 40%
Paul 10%

based on the way they award delegates, McCain surpasses the need delegate count. even if Huckabee WINS all the states, McCain will still amt enough delegates to lock it up.

RP supporters should NOT start voting for Huckabee, because that won't affect McCain's numbers.

If anything, do NOT go after Huckabee supporters. We need McCain supporters. to vote for us OR Huckabee.

that's the new mission, to get McCain supporters onto either RP or Huckabee, to keep his % low and prevent him from getting delegates.

Basically, we need a bunch more Kansas-like states. But I don't think that's going to happen.

I watched this on CNN also, but it has a few flawed premises. First, what if the "split" is closer to the numbers in Kansas, like 55% Huck, 35% McCain, 10% Paul. Alot of the states are WTA by Congressional district, and 35% will capture none of the delegates, as in Kansas.

Second, CNN continued to give McCain the "superDelegates" (called unpledged in the Republican party). If McCain does not win enough delegates through primaries and caucuses to cross the 1191 threshold, these unplegded delegates may get cold feet about backing McCain, or maybe just enough of them to NOT nominate McCain. Basically, they are wild cards, anything could happen, and we will not know for sure untill the balloting at the CONVENTION. And if the balloting is the only way to know for sure where these unpledged delegates stand, it also opens up the possibility of pledged delegates being unfaithful to their states primaries (think RP delegates fronm loiusiana voting thier preference instead of voting how Louisiian told em to vote based on the caucus outcome in Jan.).

kpitcher
02-10-2008, 09:17 AM
What's the chance of NY delegates getting scrapped because of election fraud, or the LA lawsuit actually changing things?

Molly1
02-10-2008, 10:18 AM
???

I think Huck's job is to stay in the race until he can be exposed for what he is and the huge Christian vote swings to us.

Yeah, I think there will be a brokered convention. Cnn is spitting in the wind.

:D

PS Christians, what kind of man lies about having a theology degree?

Huckabee's own campaign had to come out and say that was not true.

You will know them by their fruit.

BlueCalico
02-22-2008, 11:29 PM
THE CONVENTION DOES NOT HAVE TO BE BROKERED! We can overturn Rules at the State Conventions. Google - [your state] Republican Convention. Look for your state information at ronpaul2008.com, States.

STUDY and LEARN!