PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Results Show the Incompetence of the Campaign

Rusty John
02-09-2008, 10:45 PM
A lot of those uncommitted delegates are Ron Paul supporters. The reason why is we were told by RP state headquarters NOT to identify ourselves as Ron Paul supporters when we first caucused. However, the way the state GOP ran this thing is when everyone signed in they asked us to put our presidential preference on the sheet. I put Ron Paul- but was hesitant to. I spoke to other people in my precinct who were Ron Paul delegates who put down uncommitted. We thought that after the delegates were chosen they would ask us who we supported. Instead, after we picked delegates, the PCOs wrote down our presidential preference from the sign-in sheet.

As a result, there is a significant amount of the 10 or 11% showing "undecided" who are Paul supporters. Their thought process on this was we'd sneak more delegates under the radar, but right now, in my opinion, we don't need more delegates under the radar, we need to win a friggn' state so we get press coverage.

Rangeley
02-09-2008, 10:46 PM
If this is the case, then that is unfortunate that we missed an opportunity to win a straw poll (again, if true.) However, if we win the delegates... well, its still a win.

ElectRonPaul2008
02-09-2008, 10:48 PM
... Their thought process on this was we'd sneak more delegates under the radar, but right now, in my opinion, we don't need more delegates under the radar, we need to win a friggn' state so we get press coverage.

You won't get any press coverage. Didn't you figure this out by now. The power will be taken by force, or you will be had by the globalists for the rest of your life. They will not give up their powers. They will declare marshall law if they have to. But they will not give up power.

slamhead
02-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Yep..once again because of bad or false information we hurt ourselves...just like in Southern California. An email went out from some paranoid that told everyone to vote with paper ballots. We did a poll and 76% percent of Ron Paul supporters in Orange County voted on absentee ballots or paper ballots that would not be counted for weeks.

Ex Post Facto
02-09-2008, 10:49 PM
It is one of those catch 22 things. You can win on one method and lose on the other method. I guess the important thing at this point is winning delegates, not the straw poll.

RSLudlum
02-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Their thought process on this was we'd sneak more delegates under the radar, but right now, in my opinion, we don't need more delegates under the radar, we need to win a friggn' state so we get press coverage.

I understand your concern but also remember that even if we win WA the media is gonna downplay it. They already started doing it earlier tonight stating that it doesn't mean much.

Rusty John
02-09-2008, 10:50 PM
You won't get any press coverage. Didn't you figure this out by now. The power will be taken by force, or you will be had by the globalists for the rest of your life. They will not give up their powers. They will declare marshall law if they have to. But they will not give up power.
Wow, you sound absolutely fucking insane. Please go to Steilacom and check yourself into Western State Hospital.

rdwndysrf
02-09-2008, 10:50 PM
I think you're right on about that. I just checked by official sheet and realized that we don't indicate presidential preference on there... they must be cross referencing the Delegates with the choice they indicated when they signed in. And I know that many of us did say "undecided", particularly if the precinct was going to be contested.

I'll bet most of those uncommitted's are RP supporters, in which case we're winning even this "official" count.

Ex Post Facto
02-09-2008, 10:51 PM
This thread is dead.

Rangeley
02-09-2008, 10:52 PM
It is one of those catch 22 things. You can win on one method and lose on the other method. I guess the important thing at this point is winning delegates, not the straw poll.
Yea, that is the only thing that matters in the end. There is a general feeling though that a straw poll win would help combat the "he cant win" factor, however, keep this in mind. They wont give much if any coverage if he does win a straw poll, thus it wont actually have an impact on anyone outside of those you tell. Ie, someone says "he cant win!" and you point out he did in Washington, or wherever. But you can still do this when its a win via delegates... the burden is going to be on you either way, so I dont think that the whole "we need to win a straw poll" idea has much merit.

Rusty John
02-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I understand your concern but also remember that even if we win WA the media is gonna downplay it. They already started doing it earlier tonight stating that it doesn't mean much.
I don't care if the media "downplays" it. If we actually won a state and campaigned to win a state or were given advice that was sound then we'd get press coverage. There is no vast conspiracy people!!!! The press are sheep and if one of the sheep reports on the news the others follow suit- the whole knock on this campaign was that the candidate couldn't win- that he was unelectable. Tonight we won, but because of this stupid "undecided" thing we are showing up in third place. Great, we took four delegates tonight- we'll go into the campaign with 51 while McCain has 1400.

ElectRonPaul2008
02-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Wow, you sound absolutely fucking insane. Please go to Steilacom and check yourself into Western State Hospital.

Insane are those that beleive they are living in democracy. Your democracy was suspended in 1913. Anything after that has been a sharade for the populace. You really think someone who owns all the wealth in the world would let you for a second run it. They will not give up power. It will have to be taken from them, or you will be serfs all your life working and paying taxes straight into their pockets.

golf247
02-09-2008, 10:55 PM
A flat out win would be great, but I don't think it would have the effect of swaying voters that we all expect. Not now, anyway. Too many people I know have already given this to McCain. An RP win would be treated as an anomaly and not taken seriously, by both the media and the public.

MozoVote
02-09-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't think a RP win in Washington would be buried in the news, if Huckabee keeps his lead in Louisiana and won it too. The headlines would not be about Ron, though. They'd be all tabloid-style talking about the problems McCain faces from the conservatives who won't vote for him.

Rusty John
02-09-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't think a RP win in Washington would be buried in the news, if Huckabee keeps his lead in Louisiana and won it too. The headlines would not be about Ron, though. They'd be all tabloid-style talking about the problems McCain faces from the conservatives who won't vote for him.
Exactly- for those of you who aren't GOP members, there were a ton who voted for anyone other than McCain- Huckabee is getting a lot of support because many think that he is the only one who can beat McCain at this point- sort of like the whole existence of Romney people. The one Romney guy in my precinct voted for Huckabee on this basis as did another Huckabee supporter.

Jean
02-09-2008, 11:09 PM
In my county the uncommitted were mostly republican party regulars!

parocks
02-09-2008, 11:11 PM
I don't care if the media "downplays" it. If we actually won a state and campaigned to win a state or were given advice that was sound then we'd get press coverage. There is no vast conspiracy people!!!! The press are sheep and if one of the sheep reports on the news the others follow suit- the whole knock on this campaign was that the candidate couldn't win- that he was unelectable. Tonight we won, but because of this stupid "undecided" thing we are showing up in third place. Great, we took four delegates tonight- we'll go into the campaign with 51 while McCain has 1400.

Another thing to consider is the effect winning would have on our ability to counter the "not electable" argument.

I would like to say "he won Washington" as opposed to explaining some theory about delegates.

Whatever, the math, is, um, not on our side.

mattwalter
02-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Insane are those that beleive they are living in democracy. Your democracy was suspended in 1913. Anything after that has been a sharade for the populace. You really think someone who owns all the wealth in the world would let you for a second run it. They will not give up power. It will have to be taken from them, or you will be serfs all your life working and paying taxes straight into their pockets.

Please tell me you aren't out in public, campaigning for Ron Paul.

ElectRonPaul2008
02-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Please tell me you aren't out in public, campaigning for Ron Paul.

I am not. I don't beleive the public has the guts to know the real truth. Keep up the soft campaigning. Most people can't swallow the hard reality. I will just wait till the realization comes to them by having their faces jammed against the asfalt. That is how most people learn things.

Sally08
02-09-2008, 11:40 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=117505

Please read - you'll feel better!