PDA

View Full Version : Evolution of an Ad

1000-points-of-fright
08-10-2007, 11:56 AM
A few missing links (I couldn't find every permutation given that there were a GAJILLION posts in this process), but you get the general evolution. I'm pretty sure Stages 1-4 are all Lord Xar's work, but I could be wrong. Stages 5-6 is where I get in on the action. The 7th and final stage is a combo-meal.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-1.jpg http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-2.jpg http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-3.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-4.jpg http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-5.jpg http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-6.jpg

Lord Xar & I merge our brains
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-7.jpg

A job well done to everyone involved. Go ahead and buy yourselves something nice. Maybe a nice Tootsie-Pop.

jblosser
08-10-2007, 11:58 AM
This is abso-friggin-lutely beautiful. Tears to the eye and all that. Just tell me what address to send the beer to.

We need to use this over again. Flyers? More ads in other markets?

LibertyEagle
08-10-2007, 12:01 PM
That's neat to see all these together, man. Thanks for showing these.

CodeMonkey
08-10-2007, 12:01 PM
This truly is awesome. Is there a print quality version somewhere we can use or maybe some kind of source file that would be easy to modify to change the stuff about Ames?

mavtek
08-10-2007, 12:03 PM
You know by just modifying the bottom we could use this ad in every newspaper!

I ordered 3 copies btw!

spacebetween
This truly is awesome. Is there a print quality version somewhere we can use or maybe some kind of source file that would be easy to modify to change the stuff about Ames?

Haha I love your username.

joshuastjohn
I have my order in for a copy of the paper. I can frame the ad when he's elected. Great work!

jblosser
08-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah, if we could get a PDF for printing that leaves the Ames line blank to add our own bit (meetup info if nothing else), that would be awesome.

Spirit of '76
08-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Amazing, isn't it?

I'm pretty sure Stages 1-4 are all Lord Xar's work, but I could be wrong.

Actually, that first one was mine, but I'm kind of embarrassed of it now seeing it next to the finished product. :o

bernie
08-10-2007, 12:23 PM
SWEEEET Ad!

super job guys.

Can we get a 300 dpi file posted some place for 4 color posters. Also, would it be possible to get the ad done without the mosaic, just the original Ron picture. That would make a great T Shirt, but the mosaic would not print on a tee very well.

Razmear
08-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Dont forget to give credit to Danda at Rally.RonPaulPlanet.org. Without his site gathering the pics the mosaic could have never been created.

eb

david.griffus
08-10-2007, 12:47 PM
this is the best piece of advertisement I have ever seen, ever. I am truly amazed at the creative capacity of the people that put this together. Simply stunning. I would love to get a generic pdf to use to pass out to select individuals.

tony.angelo
08-10-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm looking forward to a poster too! Perhaps if you offered it for sale on a perint-on-demand basis you could charge a little extra and then use the money to buy more ads.

Brad Zink
08-10-2007, 01:07 PM
This advertisement is a masterpiece! It's perfect.

Spirit of '76
08-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Don't forget to Digg:
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/From_Grassroots_Great_Things_Grow

Get the word out. :D

libertygrl
08-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Now THAT's an ad! I actually got chills. It brought tears to my eyes! For an ad to truly work, you want to elicit an emotional response from the public. And if THAT doesn't do it I don't know what will!

This MUST be made available to ALL Ron Paul supporters. I think uploading it in pdf would be best.

I am SO proud to be part of this movement. This is really special. Unlike anything I've ever been a part of. Ron Paul is like the little engine that could and we've just got to keep pushing him on through! Way to go guys. Props to "WE THE PEOPLE!":D

Mani
08-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Absolutely beautiful. You guys are amazing! I bought myself a copy. I'd love to see this ad used in other cities.

OH IMAGINE A BILLBOARD!!!!!!!!!!

Bluedevil
08-10-2007, 01:30 PM
I havent read all the posts about this ad, but is their a version that could be used as a flyer, this would work well.

Also, how much would it cost to put a full page ad in a national newspaper like USAToday?

Razmear
08-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Now THAT's an ad! I actually got chills. It brought tears to my eyes! For an ad to truly work, you want to elicit an emotional response from the public. And if THAT doesn't do it I don't know what will!

This MUST be made available to ALL Ron Paul supporters. I think uploading it in pdf would be best.

I am SO proud to be part of this movement. This is really special. Unlike anything I've ever been a part of. Ron Paul is like the little engine that could and we've just got to keep pushing him on through! Way to go guys. Props to "WE THE PEOPLE!":D

I know I can't wait to meet everyone here on January 20th, 2009 in DC!!!

We are going to win this election!

eb

Razmear
08-10-2007, 01:32 PM
I havent read all the posts about this ad, but is their a version that could be used as a flyer, this would work well.

Visit RonPaulMosaic.com

Also, how much would it cost to put a full page ad in a national newspaper like USAToday?
Lots ;)

eb

1000-points-of-fright
08-10-2007, 01:46 PM
If you guys want, I can modify my final version into a generic hi-res poster with blank space between "for President of these United States" and RP's quote at the bottom. I'll also clean it up a bit (some font modifications and the space between the A and U really bugs me) and make it 11x17 for posters. It'll probably be a JPEG.

Then you guys can add whatever issues/info you want and print then up yourselves.

brumans
08-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Do you have a .psd file so we can edit it in Photoshop?

winston84
08-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Ahhh the creative process, great work!

1000-points-of-fright
08-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Do you have a .psd file so we can edit it in Photoshop?

Sure. But a JPEG will work just as well in photoshop as a base background.

Mort
08-10-2007, 01:52 PM
The ad is amazing. It is very impressive for being put together without any campaign funds. I defintely want a high res copy of some sort to print.

Mani
08-10-2007, 01:57 PM
If you guys want, I can modify my final version into a generic hi-res poster with blank space between "for President of these United States" and RP's quote at the bottom. I'll also clean it up a bit (some font modifications and the space between the A and U really bugs me) and make it 11x17 for posters. It'll probably be a JPEG.

Then you guys can add whatever issues/info you want and print then up yourselves.

That's awesome.

I'll forward it to our meetup guy, he was talking about putting an ad in the paper.

richard1984
08-10-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm looking forward to the montage that doesn't have any repeats of photos. That's going to be the pinnacle of this project!

OURPLAN
08-10-2007, 02:19 PM
I want one!!!

I can't wait to get it, frame it, and salute ROn Paul
everytime I see it.

Gorgeous work guys!:)

How can I get one?

bernie
08-10-2007, 02:56 PM
yeah. remember the resolution must be 300 for any quality print. I see a link setup for some different versions, 140 dpi 72 dpi etc, 300 would be great. Oh, in some print processes the mosaic may not turn out correct do to the small detail, could you just swap ot the mosaic with the original pic of Ron?

thanks

danda
08-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Dont forget to give credit to Danda at Rally.RonPaulPlanet.org. Without his site gathering the pics the mosaic could have never been created.

eb

Thanks Raz. I'm just happy to see the photos put to such good use. When I started the rally site, I had visions of billboards and posters and hopefully an internet-wide phenomenon. It is really nice seeing that start to happen, and in a very powerful way through the efforts of the people on this forum.

I'd also just like to mention that I sent out an email to everyone who had uploaded a photo (and left an email addr) asking for donations for this ad. Several responded with donations, so we have them to thank also. As well as those who responded to your call on the Daily Paul.

Man from La Mancha
08-10-2007, 04:07 PM
I already have responses from my meet up group, some want posters also. I like the faces it's what make WE THE PEOPLE so powerful. Can you make a large poster like the ones we see in the stores. Then looking close it would be cool to see everyone.

BillyDkid
08-10-2007, 04:45 PM
I found me right at the bridge of Dr. Paul's nose - very exciting. It's really a great ad. Congratulations and thanks for the hard work.

Jennifer Reynolds
08-10-2007, 05:14 PM
My favorite is WE ARE RON PAUL. I think that says it all. Beautiful work!!!

disinter
08-10-2007, 05:22 PM
The very first one was the best one.

It devolved into an ugly mess after that.

DeadheadForPaul
08-10-2007, 05:24 PM

I thought the finished product was excellent. The first one was a great idea and looks good but we really needed at least a couple issues on there

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 05:26 PM
I showed the finished ad to my mom, and then showed her the chain of evolution, she loved the finished ad because she said it had the most information about Paul but was easiest to read.

jjschless
08-10-2007, 05:30 PM
I think the final version of the ad was pure genius from a marketing perspecitve. Giving a face to the people in the face of the person. It is very comfortable on the eyes and without a lot of writing it speaks volumes.

The template (less the Ames stuff) would make a great sign in nearly any setting. It has class and style.

My hat is off to you wonderful people who put this together.

thomj76
08-10-2007, 06:04 PM

How can you possibly say that :rolleyes:

I will take a breath now. Repeat as necessary...

Great job everyone.

rajibo
08-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Congratulations to everybody that had a hand in this. You guys did a great job.

ronpaulitician
08-10-2007, 10:08 PM
How can you possibly say that
You can't please 'em all. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Omnis
08-10-2007, 10:12 PM
My favorite is WE ARE RON PAUL. I think that says it all. Beautiful work!!!

I thought I was the first one to come up with "We are Ron Paul" Why isn't my image up there?

http://la.gg/upl/WeAreRonPaul800.jpg (http://la.gg)

disinter
08-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Omnis - I like that one!

DavyCRockett
08-29-2007, 10:44 PM
how much does it cost to run a ad?

LibertyEagle
08-29-2007, 10:49 PM
It depends upon the size of the ad and the newspaper in which it is run.

BTW, it was my idea to overlay the ad on a backdrop of the Constitution. So sorry you don't like it, disinter. Most of the rest of us, do.