PDA

View Full Version : So I just got back from a diner...

isufferfromronpaulfever
08-10-2007, 11:55 AM
So I just got back from a diner here in Northern New Jersey. I was with a relative of mine and we were discussing the market and ironically I received a call from a friend who works for a world renowned financial corporation on Wall St. He told me the Federal Reserve pumped in billions today and jokingly said "Where's Ron Paul when you need him..." knowing my avid support for the good Dr. I joked around with him and the conversation ended shortly thereafter. I laughed about the call with my relative.

5 minutes late, a random Asian gentlemen and a girl friend took a seat next to me (approximately 20-25 years old). I couldn't help but overhear their conversation about the upcoming election... and also their avid support for Ron Paul and change.

The relative of mine (Giuliani supporter?) overheard as well. She couldn't believe it. She'd never heard of the good Dr.

Put a smile on my face. :D

mavtek
08-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Hell yes, we're getting there! We have to keep it up!

purepaloma
08-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Spreading like a Virus that even Jack Bauer can't stop !!

PatriotOne
08-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Hell yes, we're getting there! We have to keep it up!

LOL....it's a snowball rolling downhill and gathering up speed, who's gonna stop it?

Cowlesy
08-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Absolutely terrific. That's the kind of news that motivates me even more.

Thom1776
08-10-2007, 12:07 PM
and the phone call was "coincidental", not "ironic"

Ron Paul Fan Club
08-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Yes! :D

I was just reading an article related to the straw poll. It suggested that Ron Paul might or might not do well. But it said, of Dr. Paul: "The Texas congressman has risen from relative obscurity to growing popularity leading into Saturday's Republican straw poll in Ames."

Also from another thread here. One person who requested a copy of Saturday's paper was told that Ron Paul is the talk of Iowa this week, and in Ames.

DjLoTi
08-10-2007, 12:19 PM
I always say -

Irony is a blessing from God.

I think that's a sign.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 12:27 PM
So I just got back from a diner here in Northern New Jersey. I was with a relative of mine and we were discussing the market and ironically I received a call from a friend who works for a world renowned financial corporation on Wall St. He told me the Federal Reserve pumped in billions today and jokingly said "Where's Ron Paul when you need him..." knowing my avid support for the good Dr. I joked around with him and the conversation ended shortly thereafter. I laughed about the call with my relative.

5 minutes late, a random Asian gentlemen and a girl friend took a seat next to me (approximately 20-25 years old). I couldn't help but overhear their conversation about the upcoming election... and also their avid support for Ron Paul and change.

The relative of mine (Giuliani supporter?) overheard as well. She couldn't believe it. She'd never heard of the good Dr.

you're from NJ? newark here.

cool

LastoftheMohicans
08-10-2007, 01:11 PM

Which diner?

isufferfromronpaulfever
08-10-2007, 01:13 PM
A diner in Fairview NJ ;)

LastoftheMohicans
08-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Is that near North Bergen?

isufferfromronpaulfever
08-10-2007, 01:25 PM
yes