PDA

View Full Version : Listen to our Enemys

tekkierich
05-24-2007, 01:54 PM
So here I was doing work on my computer today with the news in the back ground and His Majesty George W. was having a press conference.

The next time someone comes out and says that it is ridiculous to listen to Osama and his reasons in attacking quote them from todays press confrence:

Yesterday, in my speech, I quoted quotes from Osama bin Laden. And the reason I did was, is that I want the American people to hear what he has to say -- not what I say, what he says. And in my judgment, we ought to be taking the words of the enemy seriously.

Now some come to different conclusions obviously, but at least we have it on the table that it is fair to look at what they say when formulating strategy in dealing with it.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070524.html

I don't know who said it but some famous Jewish guy left Germany in 1934 or so. He was asked in the 40's why he left when he did. He said "I read mein kampf and I thought the fellow meant what he said".

billv
05-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Of course, I'm sure he picks and chooses which words he conveniently listens to seriously. Such as skipping the part about 9/11 being blowback. He probably only hears the part about they're coming to kill us and fills in the rest.

mdh
05-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Excellent post, I wholeheartedly agree.
But lets' not be that German guy. Lets make our stand here, and not let the US turn into what we all know happened there.