PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Mccain can unite the base... against him

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 09:48 PM
lol, this is what seems like will happen, his rise willunite the party... against him

nosebruise
02-09-2008, 09:52 PM
holy crap, that title made me lolz.

affa
02-09-2008, 09:55 PM
hah

LEK
02-09-2008, 09:55 PM
His party loathes him...yet he's the front runner and will be nominated by his party...twilight zone.

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 09:56 PM
I don't know tonight might scare the GOP establishment enough to pull the strings to have something change.

ShowMeLiberty
02-09-2008, 09:58 PM
http://nowaymccain.com/

Print the PDFs, sign 'em, mail 'em, spread it around!

Bold As Love
02-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah...I wonder what kind of trick the GOP is going to use to get Republican voters to turn out in November. (reminiscent of gay-marriage in Ohio '04).

Having said that, I think Clinton on the democratic ticket might be all they need.

LEK
02-09-2008, 10:09 PM
I don't know tonight might scare the GOP establishment enough to pull the strings to have something change.

Do you mean in favor of Huckabee or Ron Paul?

I got to thinking about Huckabee and McCain:
Huckabee has the religious right covered (and the uniformed conservatives who think he's a conservative) and McCain has the moderates and liberals covered. It's a diabolical match, don't you think? Quite genius on their part...quite sad for this country.

Huckabee and McCain are exactly the same just different personalities which,again, is quite genius...covers all the sheeple very well.

life_boy
02-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Oh good. That might delay the GOP from dealing with the real problem, which is not an unelectable warmonger, but a political acceptance of them until they run for president and look like they can win the party nomination.

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I don't think huckabee is gonna be the VP, he really damanged Mccain tonight, there is no tactical reason if Huck was in cahootz with them.

Maccain probably really hates Huck right now

gerryb
02-09-2008, 11:11 PM
I don't think huckabee is gonna be the VP, he really damanged Mccain tonight, there is no tactical reason if Huck was in cahootz with them.

Maccain probably really hates Huck right now

What did he do to damage McCain tonight?

billjarrett
02-09-2008, 11:13 PM
What did he do to damage McCain tonight?

Killed his front runner momentum.

Trigonx
02-09-2008, 11:14 PM
he won Kansas by a huge margin right? and prevented McCain from getting 50% in LA

tpreitzel
02-09-2008, 11:16 PM
lol, this is what seems like will happen, his rise willunite the party... against him

This possibility seems likely in the end. The process is well underway. :)

billjarrett
02-09-2008, 11:17 PM
he won Kansas by a huge margin right? and prevented McCain from getting 50% in LA

Yup. And McCain was hoping he was a shoe in and was just going to use this breathing room for "uniting the party" and fundraising.

He put a major crimp in his plans.

Not that I'm a Huck fan, but I think he's the lesser of two evils besides McCain. Actually, I don't know anything more evil than McCain.. Except maybe Frank Luntz.

Not to say I'd want either, and I would vote 3rd party in the general if either gets the nod... But McCain REALLY scares the crap out of me.

gerryb
02-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Huckabee's wins in those states isn't going to cause McCain any strife. People drop out when it is needed by the establishment. They don't need Huckabee to drop yet.

If Thompson didn't drop when he did Florida would have been different. If Rudy didn't drop after Florida NY, and NJ wouldn't have been McCain's. California and the other NE states would have been a lot different too. We would be guaranteed a brokered convention if the strings weren't pulled how they were.

Romney suspended his campaign so McCain can lock up the nomination, then be swift-boated by the establishment shortly thereafter. He didn't drop out completely so if something happens to McCain health wise he can step back in and be the nominee.

Huckabee is still a firewall so Ron Paul does not get reported in the media headlines.

AlexMerced
02-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Huckabee's wins in those states isn't going to cause McCain any strife. People drop out when it is needed by the establishment. They don't need Huckabee to drop yet.

If Thompson didn't drop when he did Florida would have been different. If Rudy didn't drop after Florida NY, and NJ wouldn't have been McCain's. California and the other NE states would have been a lot different too. We would be guaranteed a brokered convention if the strings weren't pulled how they were.

Romney suspended his campaign so McCain can lock up the nomination, then be swift-boated by the establishment shortly thereafter. He didn't drop out completely so if something happens to McCain health wise he can step back in and be the nominee.

Huckabee is still a firewall so Ron Paul does not get reported in the media headlines.

If you think they keep Huck in cause theya re worried about Paul at this point, your seriously being cocky about how mucht the GOP worries about RON, they worry about him. BUt seriously, Huck seriously casted a Sahdow of doubt about the a his candidacy among many conservatives.

If Huck dropped out of the race, Mccain would sweep. Cause there is wold be no way for us to build the name recogniition to win the reamining primaries, maybe the caucuses, but not the primaries.

Huck is definetley fucking over Mccain