PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Art- The Second Amendment - My Latest Painting

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Hi RPF. Another stiff neck, blurry eyes, 100 cups of coffee and a few dopzen pipefuls i present Lady Liberty in a Second Amendment political propaganda poster.

She stands guarding the Second Amendment Bridge over Jackboot Gorge locked and loaded for close quarter fighting with an antique engraved silver pistol, two revolvers in her boots, and an M38 machine pistol at the ready and a dagger on her thigh. The garter button and ribbon holding her skirt up has the "R3volution" graphic on it.. The Mountain Billy Goat at rest is symbolic of the wild sprit of Liberty, inhabiting the mountaintops and being the King of His Hill. Mess with him or be a troll and you will feel the blunt force of his horns butting you or piercing you. I was gonna put an Uncle Sam hat on him till my son frowned.. OK.. dumb idea or not. On the other side of the Jackboot Gorge is LibertyLand "The Constitution Enforced Here". The hills beyond are covered in rainbows of wildflowers with golden dollar signs on their peaks symbolising the growing riches and prosperity to be had when following the organic law of the land.. The ribbon across the top says "The Second Amendment Puts Teeth In The Bill Of Rights" The Arch portal to Liberty Land breaks up the ribbons so that the words appear inside the archway, reinforcng the Constitution Enforced Here thematic. Hope ya like it.. The prints are 24x36 inches and the canvases are 48x72 inches, both limited editions.

http://www.libertyeditions.com/img/Second_Amendment_900x600.jpg

a high res version is at this link to see better detail
http://www.libertyeditions.com/SecondAmendment1600x1067.html

I was going to add RP and some other figures but after I posed her and figured out how to put the bridge in the gun would have pointed at them even though in the other direction. So.. I didn't.. RP , Lady Liberty and the 1776 Patriots destroying the 1984 Jackbooted media military industrilal vote fraud machine is my next painting.

I basically use three tools in Photoshop. The brush, the eraser and the smudge tool. I will sketch and fill in color and draw details with semitransparent colors and when happoy with the draughtsmanship I duplicate the layer, which is similar to adding a second coat of paints to the canvas and makes it opaque.. The nice thing is not having to smell the turpentine fumes, getting colors everywhere on my hands from accidentally laying it in wet oils and the ability to lock a layer as though the color dried and i am applying another thin coat for shadows or speculars. The other advantage to painting digitally is the ability to reproduce more than one which allows me to get the price down and the ability to work quicker which makes a painting that took three months for the thirty to fifty coats of paint to dry and layer to one to three weeks of work of the same intensity but able to concentrate on the subject and not manipulating the mediums and being a slave to their chemical processes.

Best Regards
Randy

Dustancostine
02-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Good Job Rev,

FreeTraveler
02-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Awesome work, dude!

Spirit of '76
02-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Awesome work, Randy!

Guys, I ordered a print of "Liberty's Shield" from Randy's site ( http://www.libertyeditions.com/ ), and it's fantastic! The online images are great, but they don't do the prints justice.

Can't wait for the prints of "Liberty Spears the Enemy" to become available...

Thanks, Randy! Keep it up.

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Awesome work, Randy!

Guys, I ordered a print of "Liberty's Shield" from Randy's site ( http://www.libertyeditions.com/ ), and it's fantastic! The online images are great, but they don't do the prints justice.

Can't wait for the prints of "Liberty Spears the Enemy" to become available...

Thanks, Randy! Keep it up.

Hi Kent. I have all the prints available now. I got the Liberty's Shield printed in quantity by an art printer, but since I have gotten several requests for that print and and the new one posted here I am going to go to a local digital printer specializing in artists renders and get them done and sent as the orders come n. I take a hit financially compared to quantity pricing but whatever.. I do these for fun to relieve my boredom. These works will become more well know as a lady with a friend driopped by today to fire one up and she freaked out about a painting on the wall i did 15 years ago and i said..look at these on my site I am doing./. She was a fine arts dealer by profession and the dollar signs went off. She has me hooked into the most prestigious political art gallery on DC coming soon and thinks it is an awesome time to be doing this type of artwork. Oh..yeah.. She loves Ron Paul too.. Bonus! She went home and ordered a print of The Second Amendment. She wanted to give me the cash and come back and pick it up but I thought it might cause her too much hassle. Now I think about it she was damned good looking and maybe wanted to come back..She asked if liked gallery shows. I hate gallery openings and crap. i am antisocial with all that plastic phony facade and cheap wine. Where is a good Guinness or Sam Adams for crying out loud. All us artisst ain't a bunch of pantywaists ya know.:D

Autoblither off.

best
Randy

Spirit of '76
02-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Nice! Another order's coming up, then.

I hear ya on the gallery opening stuff. Who says art and pretension must go hand in hand? You disprove that, methinks.

Tronchaser
02-09-2008, 10:11 PM
I like it... but should Lady Liberty be packing a Nazi-Germany made MP40 sub machine gun?

Just a thought.

mexicanpizza
02-09-2008, 10:14 PM
I like it... but should Lady Liberty be packing a Nazi-Germany made MP40 sub machine gun?

Just a thought.

Ha.

I think the whole thing is garish. :eek:

Jeremy
02-09-2008, 10:17 PM
The goat is cute :p

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Ha.

I think the whole thing is garish. :eek:

Its a propagnda poster. That is the style. 3 Heavy Primaries, symbolic iconography placed in symbolic proximity and a slogan. It ain't meant to match your couch or slipcover or complment the HDTV woodgrain in your trailerhome.. I think it would look great in Captain Rednecks downstairs recroom bar and neighborhood pool hangout. Or at my rehearsal space..or in some hemp enthusiasts den.:D

Best Regards
Randy

steph3n
02-09-2008, 10:30 PM
where can I find libertyland? :)

jumpyg1258
02-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Why does lady liberty look like a tranny with the man legs and face. Though the first thing I noticed was the german MG.

ambiguousscion
02-09-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm going to have some weird dreams after seeing that.

cheese
02-09-2008, 10:36 PM
breasts could be a lil bigger...

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 10:36 PM

Just a thought.

It s an MP 38. Truth is I tried draughting an American hi tech one they used in iraq and Shink mentioned and I could not find one with the detail needed to draw one at the angle and still have it correct. I found other boring american weapons but wanted something she could wield in one hand because i loved the engraved antique pistol. So I dug out a book on movies and I found that weapon at an angle i could draw and enough resolution to recreate the parts. It was not a Nazi holding it but some american action hero spraying bullets. I looked t up after I had spent hours rendering it I found out its name and thought, well fuck it.. you were gonna strap a luger to her leg because it looked mean and a weapon s a weapon. German gunsmiths ain't too bad at their craft either. Final philosophical irony.. Yer gonna not get across Jackboot Gorge if yer a troll/nazi and it is your own sword hanging over yer head. And I am stuck.. My rule is once the sig is applied the painting is done..because it will never ever be finished to my satisfaction.

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 10:37 PM
where can I find libertyland? :)

Across jackboot Gorge. we are trying to divert the bus to a different entrance..heh..

Best
Randy

Spirit of '76
02-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Disregard the nay-sayers, Randy, and keep doin' what ya do.

cheese
02-09-2008, 10:42 PM
the goat looks incredible btw

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Why does lady liberty look like a tranny with the man legs and face. Though the first thing I noticed was the german MG.

That s a tough question and keep referring back to the strongness of the face in the classical lines of the sculpture. My mother was built like this woman is and all the teachers uised to give me problems about the bodies of women i drew. Seems a big butt, strong legs, tight waist and large breast with strong shoulders disturbed them like i was drawing dirty pictures or something. As well, I was self trained very young by copying Michaelangelos work as wel as PP Rubens..I was also influence by the best of the Marvel artists with john Buscema of the Conan The Barbarian graphic novel standing out to me.. In this style the muscles on male and female are accentuated with strong chiaroscuro or light and dark and three point lighting to "pop" thing more. A very important feature along with the wash of venetian yellows thyat defined the venetian masters paintings.

. The effing jpeg compression either flattens the image make the leg look flat or the colors get saturated which cause what are subtle shadows in the 10500 by 7050 pixel originals to spread as it is downsized and one pixels color is decided by the neighboring 528 pixels and gets solid colors giving what is a smooth gradient surface at high res a very angular and hard light/hard shadow gradient at low res. .She also has her eyebrows arched in a concentrated stare at something just slightly to the right of the frame..and the small speculars and shadows in the high res version show this much better. I used a 1 pixel brush to paint in hundreds of eyebrow hairs..Al you see is a grey dark line..like drag queen makeup. I would touch these up to correct what pisses me off..but what is the point. Ask Kent how much more the details show up in the prints.. You can count the hairs on Ronis head in Liberty Sheld. They were done with a one pixel brush and took me several hours. I generally use the 9 pixel brush for drawing and a five pixel on for fine detail.. so in a 24x36 at 300dpi print that is similar to painting details with a size 000 sable hair brush.

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Disregard the nay-sayers, Randy, and keep doin' what ya do.

I am taking their points and giving a little education in the fine arts, which is sorely lacking in this country but which I was immersed in since childhood. I am truly glad to be doing art again and my hand is getting tighter..but crap.. I need a Cintiq..this mouse is a bitch after ten hours of precision moving asnd my neck is killing me because the monitor is always in the same place..even if i move it..if ya know what i mean.. You can see her face and fine eyebrows in the print. You know what I mean about the compression crushing the fine gradients..and killing the subtler face hilites.

best
randy

risiusj
02-09-2008, 11:05 PM

Just a thought.

That was one of the first things I noticed.
Too much Call of Duty for me, I guess.

Spirit of '76
02-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Good point. I'm learning something here.

And yeah, the print is much more impressive than the compressed jpeg.

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 11:11 PM
The goat is cute :p

My son sent me a pic of the big daddy of all Mountain Goats. Since they symbolize liberty in iconography because of their rule of the wild and remote heights, their tendency to wander alone and being non agressive till faced with a threat and then deliver massive punch power ..as well as the troll problem in general and the billy goat gruff stuff i thought at a whim he would be a great mascot. He is also Uncle Sam-mish. Since these ain't exactly baroque altarpieces I was gonna toss an uncle sam top hat with stars around the hat brim and stripes for the loft.. My son just looked at me like "yer frigging nuts" So he didn't get a hat.. Though I still see one there. I can use that in a future set of iconography.

Best Regards
Randy

mexicanpizza
02-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Its a propagnda poster. That is the style. 3 Heavy Primaries, symbolic iconography placed in symbolic proximity and a slogan. It ain't meant to match your couch or slipcover or complment the HDTV woodgrain in your trailerhome.. I think it would look great in Captain Rednecks downstairs recroom bar and neighborhood pool hangout. Or at my rehearsal space..or in some hemp enthusiasts den.:D

Best Regards
Randy

Hey man, I didn't mean to come across as a dick. I think it's really very good, undoubtedly far beyond anything I could do! I appreciate the mini-education on propaganda style.

:D

Dave39168
02-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Awesome pic. That is one lady i wouldn't mess with!... cuz she looka like a man.

0zzy
02-09-2008, 11:16 PM
She seems rather strong. This would also be a good poster for those who like their women muscular.

pennycat
02-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Really nice work!

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Hey man, I didn't mean to come across as a dick. I think it's really very good, undoubtedly far beyond anything I could do! I appreciate the mini-education on propaganda style.

:D

No sweat my friend. I figured that I could use the posts to explain a little about the arts instead of just saying thanks to compliments.. I was looking through a PP Rubens book today. I could make statements about the womens bodies he painted..but that is what he saw as ideal or classical. I personally do not like the SF Babe style of woman. They look like they cannot wield the weapon they are holding and are simply soft core with props. Maybe I overanalyze, but i am like..OK..that weapon is about 35 pounds and you would need so much muscle to move it around and if yer on an upswng the top of the forearm bulges and the biceps is contracted.. blah blah..Her arm needs to show this..

The couch color matching comments.. You would not believe how many US households buy art based on whether it matches the sofa.. WTF??? I wanna cry..LOL!

Best
Randy

misericordia
02-09-2008, 11:27 PM
sweet

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Awesome pic. That is one lady i wouldn't mess with!... cuz she looka like a man.

I will do a effeminate bimbot holding a mascara bottle just for you. I will make her look like an especially emaciated anime so you can recognise how feminine she is from your memory bank of culture. This lady came to my house today though I never met her before. Good looking lady about 40. She had a very strong angular lawline, very strong cheekbones, cateyes and arched eyebrows. Egyptian mascara..Nice ass and powerful legs. My height. 6'0...After she left i thought..huh..the chick i just painted showed up and bought a print less than 24 hours after I signed it. She had a more olive complexion. She brokers fine art prints and understood instantly the style this was.

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Really nice work!

You do really nice work too. The votes are rigged there so take heart..We kicked ass and they didn;t count it.

Thanks for the kind words.

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 11:40 PM
sweet

Thank you sir.

Best Regards
Randy

H Roark
02-09-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm sure it took you a long time to produce, but sorry just not a fan of computer generated art. Sable brushes > Wacom tablet.

I've seen your other piece as well. I gotta say they're both rather crude and heavy handed. The objects in your work have varying degrees of realism and it just throws the whole thing off.

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 11:44 PM
She seems rather strong. This would also be a good poster for those who like their women muscular.

The person who bought print 1/900 of that series was a lady about 40 who was a strong muscular woman.. Hot stuff and well put together for 40.

Best Regards
Randy

DAFTEK
02-09-2008, 11:45 PM

lol i felt the same way, thats the first thing i noticed, picture is awesome, good size poster but lady liberty needs some work...

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm sure it took you a long time to produce, but sorry just not a fan of computer generated art. Sable brushes > Wacom tablet.

I've seen your other piece as well. I gotta say they're both rather crude and heavy handed. The objects in your work have varying degrees of realism and it just throws the whole thing off.

I use a mouse and the brush in Photoshop. I did render the foreground for one but decided i can paint one with more precision. I am a master with oils but an unfortunate incident stopped me from painting with them for several years and i do not have the time to wait for the layers to dry. I was painting and my 13 month old had just learned to drink from a cup. the phone rang, I got up to answer it, said hello and heard him choke. He thought the colored turps was a drink and he spent a week in intensive care. I stopped oil painting. So these are the first artworks i did for several years in 2D having done alot of 3D and SFX. The advantage to digital painting is in the reproduction. For the time spent on a canvas I have charged and recieved up to 20K for a large 48x72 inch painting. Once sold i ever see t again. This s similar to creating a CD.. Analog buffs can complain about the subtle differences but musicians find benefit n the digital recording medium. As well..Say I do a canvas and wanted reproductions of it.. Well..first there is the specular reflection problem killing detail even with polarized lenses. then their is an additional cost to make the plates and the whole thing makes it very expensive and the detail tranferred to the printing press leaves alot to be desired. However..I am sure that every pixel i create is rendered in the digital prints. The way I like them.<--the key to the process or why bother.

BTW.. where is the site your work is located at?:D

Best Regards
Randy

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-10-2008, 12:03 AM
cool poster.
LadyLib's knockers cannot be real. ;-p
I'm also feeling a little Grace Jones from Mad Max inspiration went into her...?

Revolution9
02-10-2008, 12:07 AM
lol i felt the same way, thats the first thing i noticed, picture is awesome, good size poster but lady liberty needs some work...

Here is Lady Liberty for ya..http://stockimages.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/statue-of-liberty.jpg

Here s a fairy woman I painted in oils
http://www.libertyeditions.com/img/FeyAmanita.jpg

Here are some more women in pencil
http://www.libertyeditions.com/img/Jokers.jpg

Hope that clears something up.. Maybe some acne..heh

Best
Randy

Revolution9
02-10-2008, 12:14 AM
cool poster.
LadyLib's knockers cannot be real. ;-p
I'm also feeling a little Grace Jones from Mad Max inspiration went into her...?

It was the phrase The Second Amendment Puts Teeth Into The bill Of Rights that sparked that. Since the robe thing would have gotten in the way of holsters and stuff then I decided to giver her the velvet waist jacket and corset. i used to design custom leather stage clothes for Rock Star types back in the eighties so that comes into this. Things were knda just designed as i went along as the only thing I knew was she was locked and loaded and what the ribbon would say. The rest came out of a few bags of good hemp and a hundred cups of coffee. Beats hanging out at the local rock bar and watching emaciated coke whores drool all over the latest clique star.
Oh and no//the breasts are not real..they are digtally enhanced..:)

best
Randy

AlabamaWildMan
02-10-2008, 12:14 AM
"...copying Michaelangelos work as wel as PP Rubens..."

Heck - REAL Women have curves, anyway. ! !! ! !! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

Those that favor that highway from Ft. Worth -to- Dallas (aka: No Curves) just don't make it ! !!

....but...that's just my opinion.... :cool:
That, along with a buck, ought to buy coffee anywhere....

Jim_Karr
02-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Hi RPF. Another stiff neck, blurry eyes, 100 cups of coffee and a few dopzen pipefuls i present Lady Liberty in a Second Amendment political propaganda poster.

She stands guarding the Second Amendment Bridge over Jackboot Gorge locked and loaded for close quarter fighting with an antique engraved silver pistol, two revolvers in her boots, and an M38 machine pistol at the ready and a dagger on her thigh. The garter button and ribbon holding her skirt up has the "R3volution" graphic on it.. The Mountain Billy Goat at rest is symbolic of the wild sprit of Liberty, inhabiting the mountaintops and being the King of His Hill. Mess with him or be a troll and you will feel the blunt force of his horns butting you or piercing you. I was gonna put an Uncle Sam hat on him till my son frowned.. OK.. dumb idea or not. On the other side of the Jackboot Gorge is LibertyLand "The Constitution Enforced Here". The hills beyond are covered in rainbows of wildflowers with golden dollar signs on their peaks symbolising the growing riches and prosperity to be had when following the organic law of the land.. The ribbon across the top says "The Second Amendment Puts Teeth In The Bill Of Rights" The Arch portal to Liberty Land breaks up the ribbons so that the words appear inside the archway, reinforcng the Constitution Enforced Here thematic. Hope ya like it.. The prints are 24x36 inches and the canvases are 48x72 inches, both limited editions.

http://www.libertyeditions.com/img/Second_Amendment_900x600.jpg

a high res version is at this link to see better detail
http://www.libertyeditions.com/SecondAmendment1600x1067.html

I was going to add RP and some other figures but after I posed her and figured out how to put the bridge in the gun would have pointed at them even though in the other direction. So.. I didn't.. RP , Lady Liberty and the 1776 Patriots destroying the 1984 Jackbooted media military industrilal vote fraud machine is my next painting.

I basically use three tools in Photoshop. The brush, the eraser and the smudge tool. I will sketch and fill in color and draw details with semitransparent colors and when happoy with the draughtsmanship I duplicate the layer, which is similar to adding a second coat of paints to the canvas and makes it opaque.. The nice thing is not having to smell the turpentine fumes, getting colors everywhere on my hands from accidentally laying it in wet oils and the ability to lock a layer as though the color dried and i am applying another thin coat for shadows or speculars. The other advantage to painting digitally is the ability to reproduce more than one which allows me to get the price down and the ability to work quicker which makes a painting that took three months for the thirty to fifty coats of paint to dry and layer to one to three weeks of work of the same intensity but able to concentrate on the subject and not manipulating the mediums and being a slave to their chemical processes.

Best Regards
Randy

It looks like the bridge is being guarded from crossing where the crimes are taking place at though.

Revolution9
02-10-2008, 12:30 AM
It looks like the bridge is being guarded from crossing where the crimes are taking place at though.

The dichotomy of composition. I logic it away with you got Jackboot Gorge. This s not a place they inhabit. It is their doom. Only those who follow The Constitution make it through the gateway to LibertyLand. She don;'t wanna shoot anybody. Gruff will handle them:D I still wanna put an Uncle Sam hat on him but then I would have to explain that every second thread.

Best
Randy

Jim_Karr
02-10-2008, 12:32 AM
The dichotomy of composition. I logic it away with you got Jackboot Gorge. This s not a place they inhabit. It is their doom. Only those who follow The Constitution make it through the gateway to LibertyLand. She don;'t wanna shoot anybody. Gruff will handle them:D I still wanna put an Uncle Sam hat on him but then I would have to explain that every second thread.

Best
Randy
Make her crossing the bridge for to follow?

Revolution9
02-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Make her crossing the bridge for to follow?

She is busy prepping for battle along with her war horse for the next one.:D The MSM monster needs to get taken out.

Best
Randy

kaleidoscope eyes
02-10-2008, 04:33 AM
Whoo! Glad to finally see her! It's a beautiful thing man, and the flowing hair is a nice touch this time. Super cool. ;)

constituent
02-10-2008, 07:05 AM
I still wanna put an Uncle Sam hat on him but then I would have to explain that every second thread.

+1 for the sam hat

also, like the smurfy print above.

tangent4ronpaul
02-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Perhaps a MP-40 is not the ideal weapon to display on a painting espousing liberty and freedom...

-n

constituent
02-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Perhaps a MP-40 is not the ideal weapon to display on a painting espousing liberty and freedom...

-n

i believe the background on that's been covered in the thread...

but it's been brought up a few times and i guess what gets me is that
people will allow for a specific model of gun to take on a whole world of
associations in which they then isolate that particular weapon.

i'm not familiar, but how was the MP-40 as a weapon?

maybe putting it in the hands of liberty is the right thing to do, pwn that beeyotch.

i feel this way about alot of things. insults and what not.

it's not a fight i'm personally looking to fight, it's just...

so what? the gun is the gun, not all the world of
outside associations (mental frames) you have w/ it.

not to threadjack, just sayin'

luvthedoc08
02-10-2008, 07:24 AM
lol i love the liberty goat, is there any significance to the goat that im missing?

TruckinMike
02-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Groovy Man! I love it! Even the MP38/40. I like the hard edge that it brings to the image. It's Liberty's Teeth... Grrr!

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. ~ George Washington

TMike

edit: I own some AK47's, and they are liberty's teeth as well.

pcosmar
02-10-2008, 08:44 AM
I always like your work. I have the last one as a desktop.

If you're in the neighborhood stop by.

Drknows
02-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Wow i must say thats a unique Painting. good work!

Onyx
02-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Holy freaking smokes thats awesome! Good job!

rightcoast
02-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Art is subjective and in the eye of the beholder, but on occasion you get to ask an artist their intentions and have them answer honestly. I have wondered something since the previous piece, and upon seeing this one, thought I would ask. Try not to get offended, it is a beautiful piece regardless. Obviously you don't have to answer.

Is Lady Liberty this utterly strong looking for a reason? The face in particular borders drag queen-esque. I wanted to know if this was an intentional look, making her "ugly" in the classical sense as a way to convey fierceness, or if the facial features are a byproduct of usual works and training.

Like I said, I like the piece on it's own merits, and the other as well. I have been curious about this one aspect to the the art though.

Benaiah
02-11-2008, 09:41 PM
If you make more that don't have cleavage/scantily-clad chicks I'll buy one. Those look nice.

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Art is subjective and in the eye of the beholder, but on occasion you get to ask an artist their intentions and have them answer honestly. I have wondered something since the previous piece, and upon seeing this one, thought I would ask. Try not to get offended, it is a beautiful piece regardless. Obviously you don't have to answer.

Is Lady Liberty this utterly strong looking for a reason? The face in particular borders drag queen-esque. I wanted to know if this was an intentional look, making her "ugly" in the classical sense as a way to convey fierceness, or if the facial features are a byproduct of usual works and training.

Like I said, I like the piece on it's own merits, and the other as well. I have been curious about this one aspect to the the art though.

Hello. Good questons. I am fully capable of drawing sexy women with lithe limbs and very girlie features. But the Statue Of Liberty is a very strong classical greek statue. Every pic I used as reference gave me the impression of a very strong jaw and cheekbone line, the arms are very strong and proportioned more like a thin man than a model type female which is what people seem to expect given all the game titles etc that have mere waifs wearing what would be 300 pounds of armor and a 250 pound sword. Plus alot of that style of female is just softcore kiddie porn and props. I was originally trained in anatomy and painting by the copying of Michaelangelo, Da Vinci and Rubens. In the cases of these artists they use every curve, indent, depression and muscle compression and relaxation to give the ability to lay down alot of light and shadow lines as chiarscuro. As well all the older propaganda poster had her with isis style makeup and if my iconography os correct she is an image of Isis. So in the paintng you see she has strong eye makeup. In the closeup you can see that the makeup actally surrounds the eye under and above the lashes and dives down past the tear duct into a point with the eyelids and eyebrows fully deatiled down to single hairs using a 3 pixel brush and one pixel hilite. It does not look drag queen at fiull resolution as the subtleties remain. This is an artifact of compression and making one pixel the average of 528+ surrounding pixels.

In the sense of fierceness or ugliness as you said the answer is yes.. because i tried putting the beatific womans beauty face on and then looked at it for a long time and said..nope..she would not have that look doing this or trying to look threatening as in The Second Amendment. Again modern culture is used to the penthouse.anime crossbreed of female but I never thought much of that. It s just taking Boris Vallejo, whom I scared at a DragonCon I won best color at, and adding a new outfit.. I did sci fi art and covers in the early 80's but did not like it as much as the classical subjects. I was also heavily influenced by a few of he top marvel artists like Gene Colen(sp?) and John Buiscema who also draw their women warriors with strong bodies and faces with high cheekbones, squarish jaws cat eyes and full pouty lips that look fierce and pissed.

Best Regards
randy

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 10:10 PM
i believe the background on that's been covered in the thread...

but it's been brought up a few times and i guess what gets me is that
people will allow for a specific model of gun to take on a whole world of
associations in which they then isolate that particular weapon.

i'm not familiar, but how was the MP-40 as a weapon?

maybe putting it in the hands of liberty is the right thing to do, pwn that beeyotch.

i feel this way about alot of things. insults and what not.

it's not a fight i'm personally looking to fight, it's just...

so what? the gun is the gun, not all the world of
outside associations (mental frames) you have w/ it.

not to threadjack, just sayin'

I was gonna strap a luger on her too. I will bet some Nazis got their ass shot up by Americans with the MP 38.. A gun is a gun when it is a prop and took the reference for some american action movie with a guy spraying bullets. I ain;t a gun expert so I used t and later looked t up. BTW.. The Nazis tried to take out the zionist stronghold in Londinium. They weren't all wrong..heh These are the bastards causing problems currently. I'll take an MP 38 to their ass. It shoots bullets..right?

best
Randy

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Groovy Man! I love it! Even the MP38/40. I like the hard edge that it brings to the image. It's Liberty's Teeth... Grrr!

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. ~ George Washington

TMike

edit: I own some AK47's, and they are liberty's teeth as well.

Yeah. I knew trucker type guys would like it. They appreciate a woman that won't break in two with a little rough handling and enjoy it.:D

best Regards to you and captain parker.. My cat Sparky, a big time freedom and liberty lover sends him his regards.

randy

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 10:15 PM
I always like your work. I have the last one as a desktop.

If you're in the neighborhood stop by.

I recall and am glad to see it there. it is my desktop too. wait till this next one. It will be fierce. The 1776 Patriots and Dr paul in 1776 gear smash the jackboot line and destroy the MSM Military-Industrial Cthuloid.

Where is your neighborhood. I understand yer on a farm. I could use a farm visit! I have been stuck n the city since 2003.

Best
randy

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Wow i must say thats a unique Painting. good work!

Thanks for the good words DrKnow. I do appreciate them.

Best
randy

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 10:24 PM
If you make more that don't have cleavage/scantily-clad chicks I'll buy one. Those look nice.

You can commission one from me for about 7500 bucks. That s how much I would have to charge for a one off that is not what I wanted to do. Sorry that cleavage like my mother had scares you or you find offensive. I used to have art teachers think I was drawing dirty pictures.

So.. I get to teach some art to some grade schoolers. I give them a classical perspective lesson and a simple anatomy talk and hand around some books about the European Masters. Then I give the kids an exercise to use perspective and put a person in position to match the perspective. they go merrily about their work and I look around. This one young kid has an amazing hand and draws quick. he is drawing his father diving off a diving board and I guess his dad had a big package. So, the regular teacher returns and walks around to look at the work. She gets to this sure to grow up and become an artist for a living kids work and takes him into the hall and chastises him for his drawing. The poor kid. I wanted to bitch the broad out for stigmatizing him. That was what he saw when he looked at his father and that is what he drew. She accused him of drawing dirty pictures. Fuck yeah.. get rid of the department of edumacation.

Best Regards
randy