PDA

View Full Version : US Allowing Chicken with Bird Flu!!!

freelance
08-10-2007, 11:41 AM
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Agriculture officials say they have no concerns about sending turkeys that carry a mild strain of bird flu into the food supply.

More here:

http://www.action3news.com/global/story.asp?s=6905640&ClientType=Printable

Pardon me, but why do these agencies (USDA, etc.) exist ?

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-10-2007, 11:50 AM

mdh
08-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Beware the rice people.

freelance
08-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I've already quit eating rice and soy. It's getting harder to eat meat at all anymore, and you have to be really careful about produce. I think that they're destroying the entire food supply. I just don't know how anybody can understand all of what's happening (it's even in the old media) and think otherwise.

If you want to dig a little deeper than the old media, you're in for the shock of your life.

What the hell are we supposed to eat??? I have stockpiled enough to get by for over a year, but then what?

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-10-2007, 01:09 PM

sickmint79
08-10-2007, 01:24 PM
what happens to the rice? i like rice.

Cindy
08-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I just got done with a semi-rant at another political forum where someone was asking why an environmentalist would vote for Ron Paul, because he would deregulate industry regarding toxic pollution containing measures.

I do think he is the best candidate for turning the "toxic red tide" when you look at the big picture.

This is a huge topic with me, having currently been suffering from toximia symptoms and investigating what is in the water and air of the new area I moved into ten months ago ( More corrupt crap with local phospahate mines poisoning us in central West florida I learned).

Its more then that, I am sure my 39 year old body is full of toxic crap I ingested having trusted that government protection agencies were looking out for us in my earlier and more naive years. No doubt the high mercury in me is mostly from the mercury in my teeth roots from root canals. How is it legal they can use that stuff just so the root fillings will show up better in x-rays?:mad:

I came across a report that said many many years ago the phosphate mining industry didn't know what to do with its toxic waste, flouride being one of them (has a toxicity level between that of lead and arsenic) and so through the government they worked with the dental industry to make flouride appear beneficial and have it put in our water supply. Really, the idea was to just use our livers and kidneys to filter the toxic waste from these plants for them.

They can't use us for all of it. Much of it just sits around in stacks polluting the air and when rain over floods the waste holding ponds it fills our water supplies and kills the wild life. To stop that, some moron decided to take it tons of it 20 miles into the gulf and dump it. hello Red tied and more sick people and dead fish as it washed back ashore.

It's all disgusting. Same with the government genetically altering our food and seeds.

I've been figuring out how to get the best natural pure water and that is a sad research task.

The worlds water supplies are so tainted and many purification systems actually make water that is worse for us because many processes (like reverse osmosis) make it more acidic then alkaline, ( highly acidic bodies set the stage for most cancers and diseases to bread) and stirp it of minerals we need. It also all has mercury in it now which sucks because I love tuna fish and that is probably another source of my toxic poisoning. I use to eat a ton because I thought Tuna was a healthy source of protien. I only learned in the last year that large fish are loaded with it and you shouldn't eat more of it then one serving a week.

Like you said, what food is safe anymore?

The closest I can come to getting pure, spring bubbling brook like water is through the use of technology now at a cost of over $1,000 for the tech. So sad it all is.

Don't even get me started on what I learned about aspertame in flavored waters and diet sodas ( which I use to drink a ton of) I learned that Rumsfield was behind pushing for that poison to be okayed. They have been serving it to soldiers ( diet sodas) as well to keep hyrdrated on the field and many are dropping dead from it. Might as well be serving our troops fermaldyhyde in the hot desert son. Can we at least get them some unflavored bottled spring water. Yeesh.

I am litterally sick of all the legalized poisoning of our air, water and food supplies.

Paul would DOUBLE his support base if he better explained HOW his libertarian and republican small government views would clean this mess up.

It really requires WE the People taking action. His part is just stopping the subsidizing of polluting industry and openning the way for more environmentally friendly consumer goods and companies to compete and win in the market place. We have to change what we buy though and DEMAND cleaner products and practices from industry or quit buying their crap, in favor of responcible business.

If that were the stage set by him and the people made consumer changes under his guidance and leadership, causing an eating away at their profits, it would be the environmentally unfriendly corporations whose profits would die a slow cancerous like death for a change.

VOTE RON PAUL and get environmentally active with your health and planet please!!! If we don't ALL do the second part- things would get much worse under Paul.

Paul should do a 30 minute infomercial on how he would set the stage for US, every American citizen, to take more progressive action with depolluting our health and planet. He needs to show more leadership here and speak out more on preventative health care , how Big pharma is a big part of supporting what gets us sick and then, through their drugs, keep us sick with side effects and never actually curing the orginal problem, and how the FDA had been banning much of what is good for us and approves toxic poisons instead.

I like what he said about using strong consumer watch dog groups instead.

Paul could be assured victory if he did just that and ran them like Perot did.

My mom called Pelosi when that bill to ban vitamins recently came up. She was luke warm about Paul until I told her what was up with that bill and that Paul votes against bans on alternative health care. She was fired up and said she would march the streets if it got any worse, and is fully behind him now just because of that alone. ( She's big on nutritional supplements and knows how that industry is being given a hard time by the FDA)

Get those people behind Paul as activists and we get much more bang to the revolution!

I wouldn't put Dr. next to his name either. Most people turned off by the government who quit voting are also turned off by docters who they see as a part of the corruption with big pharma and the FDA.

It's not like Paul turned into a Deepak Chopra who won mega millions of fans. Though, he is health conscious and takes care of his own.

Serioulsy, environmental health issues is ussually the one topic that keeps many 3rd party and democrat voters from making the complete switch.

It's so sad that we now have to use technology to get clean air and water and that our food supply and "modern medicine" is tainted with so much yuck!

If anyone asks about Paul and the environmen you can keep it simple by these 3 points-

-Stop government subsidies of oil, logging companies and all those that pollute and rape the environment, as well as legalize comercial grade hemp to save trees.

-Open the doors for alternative fuels and health care, and environmental friendly products and services to better compete with the polluters and starve them off and out of the market. (he'll be counting on the consumer for that) Paul is for the electric car and wants us off oil.

-He votes against bans on alternative health care products and services.

THAT is much better to me then the current status quo.:)

~end second semi rant of the day.

freelance
08-10-2007, 01:56 PM
what happens to the rice? i like rice.

It's been a Frankenfood for a few years.

freelance
08-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Cindy,

It's almost an easy argument--along the line of "with friends like this (the regulatory agencies), who needs enemies?" If the agencies, with all of their regulations (let's see, organic food is now radiated, and the states can't set their own regulations????????) are doing such a fine job of policing, then why are we DYING! Why is our food, air and water poisoned like never before? Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

The entire system is a scam!

I know that's incredibly simplified, and it doesn't even get into Dr. Paul's plan, but that's the first step. Who can argue it? I'd rather go up against the individual companies than the agencies--ASSUMING A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD!

granny miller
08-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi Folks:)
Complicated issues here.

Big part of my blog is about these types of questions

Without regulations:

Small farmers (like me) might be able to make a living again.

People could buy raw milk, eggs, meat & other off farm products

Bottom line:

Food has become less safe due to government regulations & government in bed with large corporate interests.

Best thing you folks can do for yourselves is try to eat local & grow some of your own food.

Read Wendell Berry on this topic

http://grannymillerblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/pleasures-of-eating.html

sickmint79
08-10-2007, 03:10 PM
It's been a Frankenfood for a few years.

i have a hard time understanding what is bad about stuff like this though. is there some odd chemical in it now, or it it just rearranged dna? i mean i'd be fine if i ate a person with brown eyes or blue eyes. there is a lot of fear and bad science regarding genetically engineered food i think, and it clouds up what real issues may be.

McDermit
08-10-2007, 03:23 PM
i'd be fine if i ate a person with brown eyes or blue eyes.

:eek:

granny miller
08-10-2007, 05:03 PM
i have a hard time understanding what is bad about stuff like this though. is there some odd chemical in it now, or it it just rearranged dna? i mean i'd be fine if i ate a person with brown eyes or blue eyes. there is a lot of fear and bad science regarding genetically engineered food i think, and it clouds up what real issues may be.
2 things going on with rice

1. Most rice in this country is GMO. Some folks in Africa would rather starve than eat our rice. No kidding.
GMO is much more complicated than blue or brown eyes and the long term effects on humans, animals, insects (honey bee CCD:mad: ) soil & water is unknown.

What is known is that GMO crops will ready cross pollinate with other crops. This has been a nightmare for some farmers - with law suits from Monsanto and others.
Big stink about this very issue in Louisiana & Kansas recently. GMO rice escaped .
Google it.

2. Within the last 9 months or so, gene from Human milk has been spliced into rice. Supposedly for pharmaceutical reasons.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-10-2007, 05:28 PM

buffalokid777
08-11-2007, 01:05 AM
Certain plants are fit for human consumption, others are not. We eat rice, we have eaten rice for thousands of years. When rice is genetically altered, it is no longer the same form of life. As GM food goes largely untested, no one can say whether that food is still as nutritious as real rice, not to mention whether it is potentially dangerous.

One common genetic alteration is creating crops that produce their own pesticide. It's bad enough trying to scrub chemical pesticides off a piece of fruit, now the pesticide is incorporated directly into some crops.

Another common genetic modification is "Round Up Ready." This lets the crop withstand huge quantities of the commercial herbicide Round Up. So there's more herbicide all over your food. This genetic modification allows farmers to spray so much herbicide that in Argentinian fields where Round Up Ready crops are grown, organic material that falls to the ground doesn't even decay. The entire process of death, decay and rebirth is upset by these farming methods.

BTW, you shouldn't eat people no matter what color their eyes are. Species which eat their own dead are at greater risk of disease (kuru, scrapie, mad cow, etc.)

Listen to this man....he speaks truth.....

The round up ready GMO stuff....especially nasty....

Monsanto is one of the most EVIL corporations on the face of the earth....they've been poisoning the earth for 80 or so years....many of the most hazardous poisons released into the environment can be traced back to Monsanto...and they have even had the nerve to sue organic farmers who's crops have been cross polinated by other farmers who are growing gmo monsanto seed for patent infringement....BOYCOTT ALL MONSANTO PRODUCTS....THEY ARE PURE EVIL!

Learn more about these scum....

Google "Millions against monsanto" for more info......

And buy organic foods whenever possible....just avoid organic food companies owned by Monsanto....

I hate monsanto with all my heart for what this evil corporation has done to the american people.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-30-2007, 08:39 AM

Twest
08-30-2007, 11:23 PM
It is sickening... in the future if no food is fit to eat to the point we will die from it...doesn't that mean the end of the world (not what most people visioned the end)