PDA

View Full Version : Who in This Forum is Afraid of the Al-Qaeda Boogiemen Killing Us Here?

michaelwise
02-09-2008, 08:37 PM
The capability of Al-Qaeda Boogiemen actually inflicting massive harm to our country again is quite remote. A comprehensive congressional and intelligence agency study should be conducted in order to determine the actual combat capabilities of Al-Qaeda.

1) What is their actual combat readiness to mount an attack against us on our side of the planet?

2) What is the size of their army and where are their bases located. Satellite images of their bases should not be difficult to produce.

3) What would be their mode of transport to move their armies to our side of the planet?
a) What is the size and location of their Air force?
b) What is the size and location of their Navy?
c) What missile systems do they control that need to be neutralized.

4) Through what gates of entry into our country would they enter.
a) Hijacked airplanes? What is the probability of this occurrence.
b) Open borders? Ports of entry? What level of head count would make them easily detected? 10, 100, 1000?

5) What level of damage could they actually accomplish given the billions we are currently spending on homeland security.

6) Is the Iraq War justified given the anemic amount of damage the AL-Qaeda could actually do to us currently on our side of the planet?

These and many other questions should be answered in order to justify "killing them there so they don't kill us here", and spending hundreds of billions of dollars doing it.

I have a better chance of hitting the mega-powerball lottery or being struck by lighting than I do of being killed by an Al-Qaeda Boogieman on my side of the planet. This is why i don't live in fear of them.

We spend hundreds of billions on the war on terror with thousands of American lives lost and wounded, you'd think we could spend a couple of million to assess the true nature of the Al-Qaeda threat and ask the question; Is the price justified?

dsentell
02-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Even though I think Homeland Security is a multi billion dollar worthless joke, and even though they could easily walk right across our border, I have no fear of them due to your points 1, 2 and 3 above. Their chances are nill in those categories.

I do, however, have a degree of fear of some segment of our government pulling off some kind of attack and blaming it on Al-Qaeda . . . . .

Neomatrix
02-09-2008, 08:41 PM
BOO!!!:D

Paulitical Correctness
02-09-2008, 08:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHhta6dmnSE

madRazor
02-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Sadly, I'm more afraid of the bogeymen in/around our government.

cswake
Believe it or not they have been consistent in their attacks:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4677978/

Attacks on our soil:
1993 WTC bombing
1998 US Embassy Bombings
2001 WTC bombing

Chibioz
we know who the real terrorists are

TSOL
02-09-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm more afraid of our own government than Al Queda

jeff43
Whether or not we're afraid is irrelevant. It's convincing those out there who are to vote Ron Paul.

freelance

Attacks on our soil:
1993 WTC bombing
1998 US Embassy Bombings
2001 WTC bombing

How many more people die in auto accidents every year? Have we stopped driving yet?

kyleAF
The biggest direct-force threat that we have from a terrorist cell is the detonation of a nuclear device at a port after entering in one of thousands of unchecked comex containers.

Device != weapon.

With my engineering degree, I could (nearly) successfully develop a nuclear device. The original uranium bomb wasn't even tested, as it was known for sure that it would work... just a collision to reach critical mass.

A device has no incorporated method of delivery. A weapon does.

The biggest hurdle to the process of making a device is obtaining the material.

That threat is a real threat, but what we're doing now in the "War on Terror" is not addressing the threat, but instead merely fomenting it by getting them even more pissed at us.

The next biggest threat from terrorists is a leeching of our economy through a never-ending war!!! Asymmetric warfare. The terrorists spent something like $1,000,000.00 on 9/11 (roughly), while we've spent untold billions on our response, and still haven't captured Bin Laden (officially). That isn't a sustainable strategy on our part, IMO.

This, btw, was straight out of the mouth of Gen Habiger, former commander of USStratCom when he came and spoke at my school.

Pharoah
02-09-2008, 08:56 PM
MSM tells us they're under the bed, behind the desk and in the flower pots! It'll be a while yet before the fairy tale is exposed.

Inflation
02-09-2008, 08:58 PM
OH LAWDY, I is just so scared of the Al Qaeda terror man!

Can't someone DO SOMETHING??!!

I hope that brave Navy Prince, John MuhCain, keeps the 1000 year rise of America going stong. It's the only way to keep me safe from the devil and his boxcutters.

Tratzman
02-09-2008, 08:59 PM
The real terrorists are the nameless, faceless ones in the black suits and ties.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-09-2008, 09:00 PM
2001 WTC bombing??

BS!!

AJ Antimony
02-09-2008, 09:00 PM
There's no reason to fear them. They don't have an army at all, they don't have an air force at all, and they don't have a navy at all. For Christ's sake in the 1940s Japan had a hell of a navy and Germany had a hell of an army but they didn't step foot on US soil!

dawnbt
02-09-2008, 09:01 PM
I live in Mi and I'm not afraid of the Al Qaeda boogiemen! Hell, we got the Michigan Militia!

Ayse
02-09-2008, 09:02 PM
I have no fear of Terrorists...but I'm God Damned frightened at the destruction of the dollar...

JonathanR
02-09-2008, 09:08 PM
They don't have to attack us here anymore. They've already almost bankrupted us from over there, and caused America to throw away our freedoms for security. I don't buy into lines that they "declared war on our way of life" but they sure have done a good job trashing it.

MelissaCato
Good Questions Mike. I'll pop some corn and wait for someone to answer Ya. :D

mrd
IRAQ had nothing to do with the War on Terror. No connections to Al Qaeda. Bush went out of his way to pull some unvetted intel out of his hat claiming Saddam had WMDs and was therefore a terrorist nation in need of a good invasion.

Since we've been there, we helped establish their 'democracy' and we're trying to get them to contractually guarantee their oil fields remain open to corporate control. Meanwhile, we're setting up permanent bases while extremists rally against the US occupation. Al Qaeda has found a fertile recruiting ground there, with the many relatives of Iraqis injured or killed by our army.

We're spending ourselves into oblivion to stay, nations around the world have formed a horrifically negative opinion about the USA, Al Qaeda is growing by leaps and bounds due to our own militarism, Arab Muslims think the US is waging a war against Islam, and the American public at large is clueless about any of it.

Worse, our politicians are either bought by the defense contractors to stay the course, or they tout rhetoric about the necessity of our War on Terror for our protection, completely inverting the true logic of the situation! Ron Paul is and has been the only light at the end of this dark tunnel and I fear where we are headed without his much-needed insight.

michaelwise
02-09-2008, 09:09 PM
I'll bet MS-13 in our country right now could kick the Al_Qaeda boogeyman's ass in a New York Minute if they entered our soil.

cswake
02-09-2008, 09:09 PM
How many more people die in auto accidents every year? Have we stopped driving yet?

I see what you're trying to do, but you cannot reasonably compare accidents versus murder. It's absurd because the latter is a crime and justice needs to prevail. Paul just so happens to be giving the truth on how to bring them in. (Letters of Marque and Reprisal) He also has a plan of action to stop giving them reasons to want to kill Americans, unlike any other candidate.

And in reference to the op, the War on Terror is vague in nature just like the War on Drugs, War on Poverty, and War on Cancer. All four of these will never be "won" and do more harm than good.

lucius
02-09-2008, 09:14 PM

Attacks on our soil:
1993 WTC bombing
1998 US Embassy Bombings
2001 WTC bombing

From the article:

"--Feb. 26, 1993

The first World Trade Center attack and the first terrorist attack on America. A bomb built in nearby Jersey City is driven into an underground garage at the trade center and detonated, killing six and wounding 1,500. Yousef, nephew of Khalid Sheik Mohammed, masterminds the attack, working with nearly a dozen local Muslims. While U.S. officials disagree on whether Osama bin Laden instituted the attack and Yousef denies he has met bin Laden, the CIA later learns that Yousef stayed in a bin Laden-owned guest house in Pakistan both before and after the attacks."

The FBI knew about this attack before hand, could of stopped it and provided viable components for the explosive device used--rubes then, rubes now.

CBS News: FBI Foreknowledge of 1993 WTC bombing: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5570099052976089104&q=dan+rather+wtc+1993&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

It is increasingly clear that an American police state is no longer some distant event to fear.

Ninja Homer
02-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm much more afraid of modern health care.

Modern Health Care System is the Leading Cause of Death
http://www.advancedhealthplan.com/leadingcauseofdeath.html

JordanQ72
02-09-2008, 09:26 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that there are Islamic individuals spread across the world working hard on acquiring any of the dozens of nuclear armaments that 'disappeared' from Russian inventories post collapse with the intent of using them against targets inside the United States.

On the other hand, invading Iraq had nothing to do with nullifying this threat.

RockEnds
02-09-2008, 09:33 PM
No, I'm not afraid of Al Qaeda.

kyleAF
02-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that there are Islamic individuals spread across the world working hard on acquiring any of the dozens of nuclear armaments that 'disappeared' from Russian inventories post collapse with the intent of using them against targets inside the United States.

On the other hand, invading Iraq had nothing to do with nullifying this threat.

That's true.

Unfortunately for us, it really is this BLOWBACK that is inspiring such individuals to attack the United States. I suspect if it weren't for our meddling, their having the bombs would be no more a danger to us than China having the bombs.

I mean, do the Swiss have much to fear? Seriously? They've "western" values.

But we're stuck with our past actions and future consequences. That's the crappy part... same as with our economy.

Securing our borders is key, as that's the only way they'll get nuclear material into the country. I wish we didn't even have to do that, but we've up and hit the hornets nest... we have to run for some cover, lest we get stung.

Staying in no-win wars in the middle east, and thereby PISSING them OFF more is *not* going to help.

/preach to choir :)

Akus
02-09-2008, 09:37 PM
The capability of Al-Qaeda Boogiemen actually inflicting massive harm to our country again is quite remote. A comprehensive congressional and intelligence agency study should be conducted in order to determine the actual combat capabilities of Al-Qaeda.

1) What is their actual combat readiness to mount an attack against us on our side of the planet?

2) What is the size of their army and where are their bases located. Satellite images of their bases should not be difficult to produce.

3) What would be their mode of transport to move their armies to our side of the planet?

b) Open borders? Ports of entry? What level of head count would make them easily detected? 10, 100, 1000?

5) What level of damage could they actually accomplish given the billions we are currently spending on homeland security.

6) Is the Iraq War justified given the anemic amount of damage the AL-Qaeda could actually do to us currently on our side of the planet?

These and many other questions should be answered in order to justify "killing them there so they don't kill us here", and spending hundreds of billions of dollars doing it.

I have a better chance of hitting the mega-powerball lottery or being struck by lighting than I do of being killed by an Al-Qaeda Boogieman on my side of the planet. This is why i don't live in fear of them.

We spend hundreds of billions on the war on terror with thousands of American lives lost and wounded, you'd think we could spend a couple of million to assess the true nature of the Al-Qaeda threat and ask the question; Is the price justified?
I'm afraid al qaeda might kill us, but not because we leave, but because we stay and make them that much stronger. I suspect bin laden's goons hate each other as much as they hate Americans and their hate for "great satan" is the only thing that unites them.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
02-09-2008, 09:45 PM
nt

Bold As Love
02-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Ronald Reagan said these were the 9 most terrifying words in the English language.

Revolutn
02-09-2008, 09:50 PM
You mis-spelled AlCiaDuh. ;)

thePhilosopher
02-09-2008, 09:51 PM
There really are people who want to kill Americans, but RP has opened my eyes as to why. I believe that the threat is real, but it would certainly be diminished if we moved to a non-interventionist foreign policy. Like most on this board, I currently am more concerned about the government reaction to threats (real or imaginary) than the terrorists themselves.

hvac ak47
02-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Dont worry NATO will save us, we have to give up our guns first!!

emilysdad
02-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Not afraid of AQ.

On the other hand, I do wonder sometimes who is smarter. Ya know, in complete secrecy, AQ planned an attack on U.S. soil, penetrating the most sophisticated national defense system on the planet. An attack which lasted about 2 hours, killed thousands of people, caused billions in property damage, destoyed the confidence of a nation, caused a recession/bubble/recession, caused a nation to fear it's shadow, led to deterioration of our constitution, caused a collapsing currency, and all started by 19 dudes.

We (will) have spent trillions of dollars in a foriegn country trying to catch the mastermind while killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people, including our own, over a 5 year period.

No, I am not afraid of AQ.

But, I do wonder who is smarter sometimes.

kickzman
02-09-2008, 10:15 PM
The idea Alqaida can hurt us is BS, and just to scare the public. The majority of the world see our government on par w/ if not worse than Alqaida b/c atleast their honest when killing ppl.:p

Bold As Love
02-09-2008, 10:18 PM
We need to remember that they "hate us for our freedom and prosperity". So the most obvious way to fight them would be to make us both less free and less prosperous.:cool:

The Machine
02-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Comparatively, the US Government is a much greater threat to the 300+ million people that live here and the international community that it continuosly threatens.

Idealistically, our original Constitutional based government was not only a model for the world, but a mechanism to ensure the freedom and liberty of US citizens. We no longer have that form of government; it has morphed into the largest international terrorist organization.

zbus12
02-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I am more afraid of Clinton, obama, or McCain taking the office of president than any terrorists.

jkm1864
02-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I am more afraid of our government than I am of the terrorist!

N13
02-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Statistically, you are more likely to be struck by lightning than harmed by a terrorist.

Dave39168
02-09-2008, 11:19 PM
I am very afraid of the terrorist! And the more we provoke them the stronger they get! That is why i support non-intervention.

pickpocket
02-09-2008, 11:25 PM
if Patriot Act is the boogieman, i'm afraid.

Shabow
02-09-2008, 11:38 PM
If I die, I die.

I'm not giving up my liberty.

Jae0
02-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Im more afraid of my government then I am any terrorists or other country.

EvilEngineer
02-09-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm not scared of any camel jockey. I'm surrounded by the types all day, ever day... scrawny little things I could break with one hand.

hotbrownsauce
02-09-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm more scared of our government than anything else........

Jae0
02-09-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm not scared of any camel jockey. I'm surrounded by the types all day, ever day... scrawny little things I could break with one hand.

You should be afraid of people who dont put up with racist.

justatrey
02-09-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm much more afraid of the terrorists running our country than I am of Al-Qaeda.

Time for Change
02-09-2008, 11:55 PM
I am more afraid of a multi nation force attacking US because we keep screwing around in everyone elses countries.
It is kind of like the school yard bully...one day he'll pick on the wrong person and get his ass handed to him...only this is a MUCH larger scale.
Then we will see NO personal liberties at all.

snpage
02-09-2008, 11:56 PM
There's no reason to fear them. They don't have an army at all, they don't have an air force at all, and they don't have a navy at all. For Christ's sake in the 1940s Japan had a hell of a navy and Germany had a hell of an army but they didn't step foot on US soil!

Awesome...awesome point. I dont understand what people dont get by this point. We are suppose to fear roughly 1k men but all they do is blow things up or themselves. I know its a little more sophisticated than that, but that is about it.

Alast as someone made a really good point earlier: the only person I fear is G-D. granted the devil is a pesky little, well, devil and tries to convice me otherwise, but the only fear I have consistantly is G-D.

Jim_Karr
02-09-2008, 11:56 PM

The question should be,are they doing anything that we wouldn't do? Couple nuts getting together to hi jack a plane. Something to think about.When one becomes pissed off they will do anything to take out as many as they can. What did happen to Charles Manson? They put him in prison. How many followers did he have? I think we should look at the suicide attacks as just that. A cult.A isolated situation. Now who is actually doing the bombing now? We take out a country because of a cult.This is world domination excuse.Nothing more nothing less. We control the oil we control the world. Without fuel now battles can be fought. Now think people how true this is.Without fuel,what army can move?

NinjaPirate
02-10-2008, 12:01 AM
The people are not afraid of a full scale attack against the US courtesy of Al-Qaeda, but another 9/11 happening. I'm afraid of that happening, too.

Jae0
02-10-2008, 12:02 AM
The people are not afraid of a full scale attack courtesy of Al-Qaeda, but another 9/11 happening.

Well then they should still be afraid of that. Airport security is a freaking joke.

Time for Change
02-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Well then they should still be afraid of that. Airport security is a freaking joke.

It is a sock check...lol

Carole
02-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Gosh, I have lost at least two seconds of sleep over concern that Al-Queda will get me. :D

But I have worried many, many hours and hours over my government getting me.:mad:

nate895
02-10-2008, 12:18 AM

I fully support us withdrawing from the World to establish our own home defense, but this is the part that I think Ron Paul may possibly be wrong on. The Muslims idea of just war theory is if an infidel steps too close to certain Mosques, then his country ought be burned to the ground. I'm not entirely sure if modern Muslims will do this, however.

If that happens however, we'd win the war provided that the Europeans start to reproduce instead of drink beer and wine and live life just for the sake of the next party.

Mandrik
02-10-2008, 12:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHhta6dmnSE

LOL!

RoamZero
02-10-2008, 12:23 AM
The main scare tactic seems that seems to be tossed around is just one of them slipping in here with somekind bio-weapon or nuke.

Revolution9
02-10-2008, 12:25 AM
A Texas rancher stepping into his backyard got more worries from ornery critters and microscopic threats than e does from Al Ciada and Old Sammy Bin Laddy..

Best
Randy

RickyJ
02-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Considering they are on this side of the planet, CIA, they can attack at will anywhere in the USA. Anyone that still thinks 19 Arabs did 9/11 needs mental help.

RSLudlum
02-10-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm more frightened of our government than Al Qaeda...sometimes i think the gov't is actually using the 'terrorist boogieman' threat as a tactic to quell any future domestic public uprisings.

Didn't McCain state at CPAC that he would not allow any 'political revolution' to occur?? Although he states that he himself was "a foot-soldier in the Reagan Revolution"; classic political hipocrisy

Chibioz
02-10-2008, 12:35 AM
AQ as an enemy of the American people is a fabrication. Their enemy is the US government because our government violated their liberties over there and they want the US government to stop. Our enemy is the US government because they are violating our liberties and we want them to stop too. Now, the enemy of our enemy doesn't mean that they are our ally. Forgetting for a moment that I believe it would have been damn near impossible for AQ to pull off 9/11, if they were to attack a civilian target within the US it would most likely be out of desperation to get the attention of the American people, since our media obviously isn't going to tell us that crimes that our government commits over there. My point is that we the people don't have much of a reason to fear Al Qaeda, and we even share a common foe. They are essentially fighting for their liberties over there, but the tyranny commited against them is greater than what we experience here. So.. in conclusion, our government sucks, I'm not scared of Al Qaeda.

RickyJ
02-10-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm more frightened of our government than Al Qaeda...sometimes i think the gov't is actually using the 'terrorist boogieman' threat as a tactic to quell any future domestic public uprisings.

Didn't McCain state at CPAC that he would not allow any 'political revolution' to occur?? Although he states that he himself was "a foot-soldier in the Reagan Revolution"; classic political hipocrisy

You should be more afraid of your government. Phony Osama videos put out to scare the sheeple are documented facts. Osama told us about the government within our government that really controls America. I didn't believe him then, but I do now.

bcreps85
02-10-2008, 12:42 AM
I have absolutely no fear of Al Qaida or any other terrorist group. What I fear is our government and the eminent police state that it is perpetrating upon us.

ty1er
02-10-2008, 01:04 AM
Guys don't you get it?! If we don't fight them over there, we'll be fighting them here! Islamic extremists are the greatest threat our country has ever faced! We can't let these terrorist bastards trumpet a victory...no matter what! Not even if the dollar crashes, or the economy tanks. I don't care if we sell our souls to red china...whatever it takes to win! You guys must be a bunch of liberals...

But seriously...this is the level of ignorance were up against. This is what most of my "conservative" family believes. It's sad that they are so afraid of terrorists, but are completely blind to the fact that they are actively being terrorized. The same people who think their saving their country are allowing it's defeat.

gaazn
02-10-2008, 01:10 AM
the people cannot win. if nothing happens in the future, the government will say the security measures have protected us so we need them but we need more measures because the terrorists are getting smarter. if something does happen in the future, the government will put more security measures in place. in the end, we lose. the scary thing is most of america supports security over liberty.

RonPaulMania
02-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Anyone who doesn't fear radical Islam is in for a shock. Currently they are slaughtering people by the thousands and are committing genocide in Africa by the millions. The Sudan is a tragic example of the sleeping giant that for centuries converted by the sword.

Does that mean that they are the biggest problem? Nope, we are, and I fear our abuses in this country far more than any group outside of the U.S. Also, to think they are just targeting us for foreign involvement is slightly misleading. They have attacked France and Spain as well.

They don't attack us because we are free or prosperous as Paul said, but they will attack us because of our infidel lifestyles and hatred against God. Many a good person has died before our attacks in the Middle East for just being a Christian, for a secular woman not to wear proper head-gear, and the list goes on.

They know they are weak fiscally, so they attack us to drain us fiscally.

gaazn
02-10-2008, 01:22 AM
why isn't radical islam trying to kill the buddhists in china? are they not also infidels? or is it because they don't police the world?

Chibioz
02-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Their attacks aren't draining us, our idiotic policies are. You seem to have a religious axe to grind judging by your post and signatures. I don't see "radical islam" as a significant threat at all.

michaelwise
02-10-2008, 01:47 AM
Why was this thread moved from Grassroots Central, as it is a valid point of discussion pertaining to Ron Paul's core beliefs? Mods, please move it back as it is a popular subject and should have full forum participation.

RonPaulMania
02-11-2008, 12:39 AM
Their attacks aren't draining us, our idiotic policies are. You seem to have a religious axe to grind judging by your post and signatures. I don't see "radical islam" as a significant threat at all.

You still don't understand the root of the problem, namely, their ideologies. I disagree with Paul philosophically on the issue, but agree with him monetarily.

They have attacked Spain, they were planning a coup in England using doctors, they were in D.C with an attack. These people are monsters. You just don't want to believe it. You should study their history. They have always been an issue, but they aren't an issue for world-domination, just a severe nuisance that will shake the powers that be.

If you want to know why they don't attack China it's because China subsidizes Iran and formerly Iraq. Also, they wouldn't allow Islamic fundamentalists have any rights in their country at all.

As for my quotes, leave me alone. It's a free country isn't it? Maybe it's you who has the ax to grind. I never said anything pro or con, but quoted Ron Paul. I think it just bothers you a little.

american empire
02-11-2008, 12:57 AM
They have attacked Spain, they were planning a coup in England using doctors, they were in D.C with an attack. These people are monsters. You just don't want to believe it. You should study their history. They have always been an issue, but they aren't an issue for world-domination, just a severe nuisance that will shake the powers that be.

a coup in england....hahahaha...do you even read what you write....

monsters i tell you monsters...like the ones hiding underneath your bed....boo

study their history?...eh...please enlighten us....do you even know where the technological advancement during the renaissance was made....it was made using the knowledge from the Muslim world....here is a beginning for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_science

when the whole of Europe was under barbaric rule the Muslims were churning out the latest scientific theories and research.....I bet they don't teach that in your school...what I am getting at is Islam has been demonized by people like you and the crazy ass people who blow themselves....actually the difference between you and them is not much...what makes you similar is that both are ignorant....

Perry
02-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Even if Al-Qaeda brings down a hundred buildings in the U.S. they don't have the power to bring down our nation. They are evil yet they are not our greatest threat.
Some things I fear more than a even nuclear bomb going off in one of our cities.
Cities can be wiped out and a nation can survive but destroy a nations currency and you destroy a nation.

RonPaulMania
02-12-2008, 01:02 PM
a coup in england....hahahaha...do you even read what you write....

I meant it in a minor catastrophic way, not as in a takeover.

study their history?...eh...please enlighten us....do you even know where the technological advancement during the renaissance was made....it was made using the knowledge from the Muslim world

And what does that have to do with their ideological and historical background as aggressors for 1300 years? Oh, that's right... nothing... but thanks for trying to look smart.

when the whole of Europe was under barbaric rule the Muslims were churning out the latest scientific theories and research.....I bet they don't teach that in your school...

Europe was never under barbaric rule, I don't know what school of thought you got that from. Barbarians were part of the Dark Ages, before there were Muslims in large communities. Secondly, aside from Muslim contributions in philosophy and science, the Muslim community never embraced such advancements. Look at the writings of Averroes and Avicenna and see how well embraced they were (I'm actually well versed in their writings which are quite excellent). I know my history extremely well, but you cannot take some advancements and claim that Islam embraced them as a whole. There were periods of advancement, but it never went anywhere: no universities, no hospitals, or large humanitarian efforts.

what I am getting at is Islam has been demonized by people like you and the crazy ass people who blow themselves....actually the difference between you and them is not much...what makes you similar is that both are ignorant....

Yah, you are so right. I must have forgotten how they converted North Africa with swords and beheading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umayyad_conquest_of_North_Africa

and I must have missed that part where it was law to convert or die, or their conquest of the Holy Land that was so vicious that blood was flowing in the streets, or their aggression on Spain through Jewish money that surprized and murdered thousands, and let's not forget their quest to destroy the Byzantium empire and take over Hagia Sophia, or their role in northern Asian nations either... I mean why do we need history to remind us what monsters they are?

How about now? Ever read about the Congo right now? Or the Sudan? How about the genoside in Kosovo?
Here's some history of actual murder (not science) which is the crux isn't it?
http://www.ess.uwe.ac.uk/Kosovo/Kosovo-Massacres.htm (several links)
How about Darfur (western Sudan)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darfur_conflict
How about the millions slaughtered in the Congo?

Let me tell you something, I know the stories of these people, many of them write newsletters as they live day to day not knowing when they are going to die. A Catholic bishop who was writing say he flees day to day in the jungle knowing that any day he is going to die but won't leave his people.

You need to wake up, you are an ignorant citizen who needs to understand that the pacifists of the internet and your age bracket need to learn your history. Modern schooling is avoiding teaching like the black plague, and most youth are completely unaware of how deviant they have been. You claim it was my deficient schooling that led me to understand my views, but I can use historical sources not talked about in most public universities for the obvious liberal and subversive agenda that they have. When the historian Belloc 80 years ago called Islam a "sleeping giant soon to be awoken" I agree with him.

But hey, they gave some technological advancements so who cares!!! Ahhh liberals, I love them.

RonPaulMania
02-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Even if Al-Qaeda brings down a hundred buildings in the U.S. they don't have the power to bring down our nation. They are evil yet they are not our greatest threat.
Some things I fear more than a even nuclear bomb going off in one of our cities.
Cities can be wiped out and a nation can survive but destroy a nations currency and you destroy a nation.

9/11 put us in a recession. People were afraid to spend. I know, I owned a business and deal with business owners. If they did do such acts we would be in a depression of epic proportions. Do you realize the effect the magnitude of such an atomic explosion on L.A would do? It would wipe off 1/10th of our economy right out of the gate, not to mention a severe lock-down of the economy, major shake-ups on every major corporation, and kill the tourist industry (that includes airlines, a multi-billion part of our economy). It would make the Great Depression look like the good ol' days of happiness and sunshine.

I honestly wonder how much experience and historical knowledge you guys have. You guys should be fighting a little harder to against such atrocities (and I wonder how this nation is going turn around sometimes).

You have to understand there is a problem, and the best thing we can do is pull back our troops, close the borders, and fight against the enemies.

FindLiberty
02-12-2008, 01:52 PM
...liked this thread at first - great thoughts, but now it's making me want to barf.

RonPaulMania
02-12-2008, 02:27 PM
...liked this thread at first - great thoughts, but now it's making me want to barf.

Facts do that to libtards.

billyjoeallen
02-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Statistically, we should be more afraid of bee stings, shark bites, and death by allergic reaction to aspirin.

Terrorism is the U.S. is only slightly more hazardous than lighting strikes, and twenty times less dangerous than backyard swimming pools.

CurtisLow
02-12-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm more afraid of the Bush&Company Boogieman Killing Us Here...

ChooseLiberty
02-12-2008, 04:08 PM
AQ can't destroy the US but the reaction can -

Greenspan kept rates low for so that the entire subprime mess was the fallout. The costs are still rising. Next up is the same thing for credit card debt.

Then the neocons used 9/ll and the soccer mommies to convince B&C to attack Iraq for around $1 Trillion.

Just those two effects alone can end up costing the economy a multiple $Trillions.

Not to mention progress to a fascist state.

I'd say OBL (or whoever) definitely won the first round.

If that's shown anything it's that even a small disruption can cause an insane cascade of reactions.

Americans are now officially a bunch of oprah watching soccer mommies scared of their own shadow and willing to do anything to prevent a little discomfort.

virgil47
02-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Folks I certainly hope that you are correct in saying we have no reason to fear terrorists. However if they should ever decide to begin randomly bombing schools, school buses, shopping malls and cinamas be prepared to see our safe and carefree lifestyles come to a screeching halt. One of my main concerns is them setting off a dirty bomb at a major sporting event. If they do that thousands of people will die and we will have no one to blame as they will just melt back into the fabric of society. Roadside bombs are a very effective tool when it comes to demoralizing the citizenry of a nation. You say that you are unconcerned. Is that true or are you just unwilling to accept that these things could happen at any time and we are powerless to prevent them. Pull your heads out of ... the sand and learn from history or be prepared to repeat it.