PDA

View Full Version : So, is he in or is he out?

fedup100
02-09-2008, 08:25 PM
If Paul is trying to say that the email was taken wrong and he is no quitter and he is in it all the way to the convention. Then why is that email still plastered on the Paul2008 website?

Where is the correction or the press release I saw earlier that the MSM had wrongly reported he had quit the race.

I am tired of being yanked around!!

Paulitical Correctness
02-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Nobody is yankin' ya around chief, settle down.

Ron Paul is no quitter.

Spirit of '76
02-09-2008, 08:27 PM
If Paul is trying to say that the email was taken wrong and he is no quitter and he is in it all the way to the convention. Then why is that email still plastered on the Paul2008 website?

Uh... The email never said he was quitting. It said he's going all the way to the convention.

rajibo
02-09-2008, 08:28 PM
But that does not affect my determination to fight on, in every caucus and primary remaining, and at the convention for our ideas, with just as many delegates as I can get.

This quote answers your question.

FreedomRings
02-09-2008, 08:29 PM
He should definitely post a clarification, and/or add these sentences somewhere to his message:

John McCain will not take the Republican nomination without the fight of his life. The revolution has just begun.

This is from http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/02/08/message-from-dr-paul-onward-to-the-convention-and-beyond/

rajibo
02-09-2008, 08:29 PM
And this...

This Candidate Doesn’t Quit
February 9th, 2008 by Dan McCarthy
A few news sources are misreporting Ron Paul’s e-mail from last night. The presidential campaign is not ending, not being suspended, and not even drawing down. It’s slimming down and ramping up — with over twenty states having already voted, we’ve shed staff, and we’re concentrating financial and organization resources on the remaining states. We’re going to the convention, and we’re fighting for every vote and every National Delegate along the way.

Republicans do not want John McCain to be their nominee. He has only been able to become the front-runner because the field was so divided and because he’s a media darling. We can see just how unpopular McCain is in the heartland by his performance in the Kansas caucuses today. Kansans resoundingly rejected the Arizona senator, and McCain’s big wins so far have mostly been in blue states — states he won’t win in November if, heaven forbid, he’s the Republican nominee.

Republicans want and need an alternative. Some people think Mike Huckabee provides an alternative to McCain. But Huckabee, who now tries to sound like Ron Paul when he talks about abolishing the IRS, raised taxes in Arkansas and vastly expanded spending in that state when he was its governor. Huckabee is no alternative at all. Ron Paul, on the other hand, has never voted for a tax increase, never voted for an unbalanced budget or for an unconstitutional war or government program.

At stake here is not just the Republican nomination — which McCain still has not locked up — but the future of the Republican Party and, much more importantly, the future of our liberties. We have to organize in every single state, including the ones that have already voted in the primaries and caucuses, to continue the fight to take back the Republican Party and to ensure that Ron Paul’s principles, the principles of Washington and Jefferson, prevail. For the sake of that cause, Ron Paul’s campaign continues, all the way to the convention.

kyleAF
02-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Give it up Fedup... we're getting fedup. I understand your concern, just like I did the last 8 times you posted it in various threads.

Ninja Homer
02-09-2008, 08:31 PM
The email was really poorly worded, and many people took it as "there's no possible way to win the nomination so let's focus on a congress win". I think another email needs to go out clarifying that there IS still a chance, and Ron Paul IS still fighting for the Republican nomination.

BreakYourChains
02-09-2008, 08:33 PM
He is in! Go to the campaign website and read the Daily Dose! I doubt that any Joe Blow can post on this blog, can they? Don't you have to be official? Well, Dan McCarthy says he is still in the race, and going all of the way to the convention! How much more proof do you require? So someone published a false press release calling him a quitter. So what else is new? More media lies. We fight on!

fedup100
02-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Uh... The email never said he was quitting. It said he's going all the way to the convention.

So, are you saying the MSM all 15 of them reported this with glee because they misunderstood it just as 45k of his supporters did. If the email didn't elude to that fact, why did the official HQ have to issue a statement saying it aint so.

I was born at night boys but it wasn't last night. I know a carefully worded concession letter when I see it. I can read and write and I have understanding of what the words mean. I mean come on. He is going to keep on fighting what or who?

Don't get me wrong, I want him to go on, but we need something definitive now to save the base.

Paulitical Correctness
02-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Ok negative nancy.

freelance
02-09-2008, 08:39 PM
So, are you saying the MSM all 15 of them reported this with glee because they misunderstood it just as 45k of his supporters did. If the email didn't elude to that fact, why did the official HQ have to issue a statement saying it aint so.

I was born at night boys but it wasn't last night. I know a carefully worded concession letter when I see it. I can read and write and I have understanding of what the words mean. I mean come on. He is going to keep on fighting what or who?

Don't get me wrong, I want him to go on, but we need something definitive now to save the base.

Fedup, are you to have us believe that you have always believed that the MSM misunderstood everything that they reported? Come on! They reported what they wanted people to think.

It's like Mitt "suspending" his campaign. The only thing that is suspended is the hemorrhaging from his own bank account.

Things are not always as they seem.

My personal take on the e-mail was that he was fishing to find out what kind of support he really had among the troops--but that's just my take on it.

rajibo
02-09-2008, 08:45 PM
OK. It's official.

The Department of Education has eliminated Reading Comprehension from it's syllibus (and spelling in my case).

The email says, "Thing's just got harder, there is a very slim chance of a brokered convention and with no brokered convention, I will probably not win the nomination. But I will continue to fight, because stranger things have happened and our message is very important. I will not run third party because the chance of a third party candidate winning is zero. Instead, let's guarantee that freedom is still represented in Congress by insuring that my House seat is safe. In six months this movement has grown by leaps and bounds, and I need all of you to continue to fight the good fight, until we can bring back the government that the founding father's had intended."

That is all.

freelance
02-09-2008, 08:46 PM
OK. It's official.

The Department of Education has eliminated Reading Comprehension from it's syllibus (and spelling in my case).

It's been official. There is a lack of reading ability, comprehension and retention on these forums. Either that, or attention deficit disorder is running rampant.

fedup100
02-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Give it up Fedup... we're getting fedup. I understand your concern, just like I did the last 8 times you posted it in various threads.

put a cork in it kyle!

kyleAF
02-09-2008, 08:52 PM
put a cork in it kyle!

You just quoted my attempt at the cork!! ;)

fedup100
02-09-2008, 09:03 PM
OK. It's official.

The email says, "Thing's just got harder, there is a very slim chance of a brokered convention and with no brokered convention, I will probably not win the nomination. But I will continue to fight, because stranger things have happened and our message is very important. I will not run third party because the chance of a third party candidate winning is zero. Instead, let's guarantee that freedom is still represented in Congress by insuring that my House seat is safe. In six months this movement has grown by leaps and bounds, and I need all of you to continue to fight the good fight, until we can bring back the government that the founding father's had intended."

That is all.

1. no brokered convention
2. I probably will not win the nomination, but maybe it could happen.
3. I will not run third party.
4. I will re win my house seat to insure that freedom is still represented.
5. I need you to continue the fight UNTIL we can bring back the government our founder's intended.

He said his priority is to win back his House seat. Priority means that will come first. Yeah, that should fill the coffers and excite the troops. Stay together. I will stay in congress and continue to give speeches to the walls. I will continue to try and pass constitutional bills, none have gone anywhere so far but who knows it could happen. eventually someday, hell will freeze over and then we will bring back the government the founders intended.

Where is that "lets buy an Island thread" seriously folks, I want to get the hell out of dodge.

dawnbt
02-09-2008, 09:05 PM
I think his first email was a Jedi Mind Trick for the MSM and other candidates.

Molly1
02-09-2008, 09:05 PM
wow CNN has a nice picture of Ron Paul and ...he's.....smiling! :eek:

Only one county has reported in Washington for Republicans on the CNN map.

But the state is already called for Obama who swept the state.

Shaun
02-09-2008, 09:12 PM
He's out. Obviously.
Time to get a new religion guys.
It's over.
All the best to you.
Shaun.

hawks4ronpaul
02-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Here is The Clash song for anyone who wants to make a video about Romney, etc. dropping out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sk2LIjUnrx0&feature=related

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

rajibo
02-09-2008, 09:20 PM
1. no brokered convention
2. I probably will not win the nomination, but maybe it could happen.
3. I will not run third party.
4. I will re win my house seat to insure that freedom is still represented.
5. I need you to continue the fight UNTIL we can bring back the government our founder's intended.

He said his priority is to win back his House seat. Priority means that will come first. Yeah, that should fill the coffers and excite the troops. Stay together. I will stay in congress and continue to give speeches to the walls. I will continue to try and pass constitutional bills, none have gone anywhere so far but who knows it could happen. eventually someday, hell will freeze over and then we will bring back the government the founders intended.

Where is that "lets buy an Island thread" seriously folks, I want to get the hell out of dodge.

First of all, he said his "other priority" was to win back his house seat.

Second, did you really, honestly, in your heart and soul, swearing on the life of your family, believe that it would be a cakewalk to the nomination and a Ron Paul Presidency?

There has been so much against us, but we have continued to fight, and this movement has grown FAR larger than Ron Paul or any other liberty minded person can possibly believe.

If you are throwing all of your money in on this 1 election, you are making a mistake.

I hope and pray that the Gods are smiling down upon us and the second half of America suddenly 'gets it'. But until they do, we must be educated and educate others on the principles that make liberalism great.

Believe it or not, John Locke is smiling right now.

kyleAF
02-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Paul couldn't do too much of what he has proposed as President without support from 2/3 of congress or more except

1. Stall the government (veto everything so that congress has to override)
2. Confuse everyone with his state of the union addresses on the status of the Federal Reserve
3. Maybe elect some Constitutionalist judges (arguably a very good thing)
4. Pardon the non-violent drug addicts
5. Bring the troops home... I doubt there would be a military coup...though it's possible
6. Bully pulpit ALL THE TIME

Even just these would be AWESOME! And yes, a Presidential bid is the goal. A congressional bid is important, too, though. It's no longer Ron Paul speaking to the walls of Congress. Now it's Ron Paul says "x" and thousands of inter-connected supporters across the nation respond in kind.

He'll have the most powerful Congressional seat in the nation.

Let's take him to the white house, but let's not miss the forest for the trees. That's my opinion. I agree that the timing sucked.

affa
02-09-2008, 09:28 PM
RETRACTION -looks like they only store 800 posts.

BiPolarBear
02-09-2008, 09:34 PM
This thread and the many trolls scattered among it are a waste of time...

Shaun
02-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Oh sure, we are all trolls if we don't kneel at the alter of POSITIVE thinking.
MORE moronic thinking..
I don't like Positive thinking, in fact, there is only one thing I hate MORE than Positive thinking...
NEGATIVE THINKING.
Tell U what, how about a third option...
TRY REALISTIC THINKING. Your life may change.
HQ had the greatest support in the history of politics, they completely fucked it.
End of story.
Go get a new game.
Ron is a wonderful guy but placed no control and didn't show strong enough executive leadership over the bunch of clowns at HQ.
We spend over 25 MILLION DOLLARS to get 20 delegates.
YOU DO THE MATH BUDDY..

Thunderbolt
02-09-2008, 11:54 PM

Hey people, this man is making sense. Why are you jumping on him? Can someone tell me a reason to write that letter? Was it to inspire his supporters? Pretty stupid way to do that. Was it to get votes? He lost thousands in today's contests because people thought he quit. Was it to get press coverage? Well, the press told everyone he had quit so again many did not vote for him.

About the only reason I can see for writing it is to make it clear to anyone donating that he knows he doesn't have a chance and therefore he doesn't want anyone donating that will be hurt by the gesture. If that is so, then why the "retraction" today and the repeated requests for money?

Come on all you folks out there that attacked this poor OP, tell me, what good did that email do and what was the motivation behind it? Because if he really wanted to spit in the face of his supporters in Wa, LA, Kansas and the other place where they voted today, he could not have done a better job. Writing that email the night before elections in four different states was unforgivable. Even if he was quitting, at least let the people who worked their tails off feel they matter when they voted. That email was downright cruel.

jrich4rpaul
02-10-2008, 12:05 AM
We see who the true Revolutionaries are here every single day

The people who supported Ron because they thought it was a fad are leaving one at a time.

Thunderbolt
02-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Very few ever understood what we were fighting for anyway.

BiPolarBear
02-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Oh sure, we are all trolls if we don't kneel at the alter of POSITIVE thinking.
MORE moronic thinking..
I don't like Positive thinking, in fact, there is only one thing I hate MORE than Positive thinking...
NEGATIVE THINKING.
Tell U what, how about a third option...
TRY REALISTIC THINKING. Your life may change.
HQ had the greatest support in the history of politics, they completely fucked it.
End of story.
Go get a new game.
Ron is a wonderful guy but placed no control and didn't show strong enough executive leadership over the bunch of clowns at HQ.
We spend over 25 MILLION DOLLARS to get 20 delegates.
YOU DO THE MATH BUDDY..

You are so right...I will now give up everything I was fighting for and go join the McCain or Obama campaign. Thank you for your blast of rational thought that I was clearly lacking. I will now go back to watching American Idol and voting for whoever CNN tells me the best candidate is.

Thanks and Go Fuck Yourself!

PS - For the uninitiated, there was some sarcasm in the above post. To those with touchy eyes, sorry about the language. And yes, I will be writing Ron Paul's name on my ballot if it is not already printed on there.

Jim_Karr
02-10-2008, 12:21 AM

Where is the correction or the press release I saw earlier that the MSM had wrongly reported he had quit the race.

I am tired of being yanked around!!

He carried us this far.We must continue the fight for him.Let him rest.It is our turn to take the weight now.It wasn't about him but about us.Are people that scared or stupid to see? Did he wake up enough of us to continue?

clintontj72
02-10-2008, 12:51 AM
This Candidate Doesn’t Quit
February 9th, 2008 by Dan McCarthy

A few news sources are misreporting Ron Paul’s e-mail from last night. The presidential campaign is not ending, not being suspended, and not even drawing down. It’s slimming down and ramping up — with over twenty states having already voted, we’ve shed staff, and we’re concentrating financial and organization resources on the remaining states. We’re going to the convention, and we’re fighting for every vote and every National Delegate along the way.

Republicans do not want John McCain to be their nominee. He has only been able to become the front-runner because the field was so divided and because he’s a media darling. We can see just how unpopular McCain is in the heartland by his performance in the Kansas caucuses today. Kansans resoundingly rejected the Arizona senator, and McCain’s big wins so far have mostly been in blue states — states he won’t win in November if, heaven forbid, he’s the Republican nominee.

Republicans want and need an alternative. Some people think Mike Huckabee provides an alternative to McCain. But Huckabee, who now tries to sound like Ron Paul when he talks about abolishing the IRS, raised taxes in Arkansas and vastly expanded spending in that state when he was its governor. Huckabee is no alternative at all. Ron Paul, on the other hand, has never voted for a tax increase, never voted for an unbalanced budget or for an unconstitutional war or government program.

At stake here is not just the Republican nomination — which McCain still has not locked up — but the future of the Republican Party and, much more importantly, the future of our liberties. We have to organize in every single state, including the ones that have already voted in the primaries and caucuses, to continue the fight to take back the Republican Party and to ensure that Ron Paul’s principles, the principles of Washington and Jefferson, prevail. For the sake of that cause, Ron Paul’s campaign continues, all the way to the convention.

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates

Thunderbolt
02-10-2008, 12:57 AM
So will someone please tell me what the purpose of the email was? For the life of me I cannot make any sense of it at all.

Shaun
02-10-2008, 02:02 AM
You are so right...I will now give up everything I was fighting for and go join the McCain or Obama campaign. Thank you for your blast of rational thought that I was clearly lacking. I will now go back to watching American Idol and voting for whoever CNN tells me the best candidate is.

Thanks and Go Fuck Yourself!

PS - For the uninitiated, there was some sarcasm in the above post. To those with touchy eyes, sorry about the language. And yes, I will be writing Ron Paul's name on my ballot if it is not already printed on there.

You clearly are lacking rational thought if you think for one moment that RP is still in this. I don't think, you think that and He isn't. His focus now is on his congress seat, which we should all support him with.
Look, we all put a lot of effort into this. WE ARE ALL PISSED OFF AND SICK AT THE THOUGHT OF McCain/Clinton/BO or whoever it is. We would all LIKE a third party run. But the harsh reality is that RP is going to have zero input to the deal. Ridiculous. Insane. But true.
Of course I am not suggesting join McCain or anyone else, none of us could do that. None of us. But, please, all of us, let's stop acting like Cool aid drinkers and predicting all kinds of ridiculous scenarios for our Champ. Let him rest. He's done everything he could.
That's all....let's get real, as Ron himself has done.
It's over.

TruthAtLast
02-10-2008, 03:22 AM
I think his first email was a Jedi Mind Trick for the MSM and other candidates.

His Jedi mind trick has me and thousands of other people screwed up too. haha :D

TruthAtLast
02-10-2008, 03:27 AM
You clearly are lacking rational thought if you think for one moment that RP is still in this. I don't think, you think that and He isn't. His focus now is on his congress seat, which we should all support him with.
Look, we all put a lot of effort into this. WE ARE ALL PISSED OFF AND SICK AT THE THOUGHT OF McCain/Clinton/BO or whoever it is. We would all LIKE a third party run. But the harsh reality is that RP is going to have zero input to the deal. Ridiculous. Insane. But true.
Of course I am not suggesting join McCain or anyone else, none of us could do that. None of us. But, please, all of us, let's stop acting like Cool aid drinkers and predicting all kinds of ridiculous scenarios for our Champ. Let him rest. He's done everything he could.
That's all....let's get real, as Ron himself has done.
It's over.

If this is true (and I'm not saying it isn't) then someone should inform all of those Ron Paul supporters that are still busting their butts to win every delegate they can (like in Washington) and doing everything they can to make sure McCain doesn't reach 1191.

If it REALLY is over and Ron Paul has given up and has absolutely NO chance in hell (as you claim) then shouldn't he have the respect to tell all of his followers to throw in the towel? Shouldn't he take down the donation button on his Presidential website?

Shaun
02-10-2008, 12:21 PM
If this is true (and I'm not saying it isn't) then someone should inform all of those Ron Paul supporters that are still busting their butts to win every delegate they can (like in Washington) and doing everything they can to make sure McCain doesn't reach 1191.

If it REALLY is over and Ron Paul has given up and has absolutely NO chance in hell (as you claim) then shouldn't he have the respect to tell all of his followers to throw in the towel? Shouldn't he take down the donation button on his Presidential website?

You are quite correct, the RP campaign should take down the donation button and withdraw. Now. Absolutely.
This is over.
Only the truly insane would think that anything else is the case.
I'm sick about it, but reality is harsh.
Good luck to you. It's been a great ride and we love Ron. A true American.:)

stevedasbach
02-10-2008, 12:34 PM
It's over.

What's over?

The campaign to get Ron the nomination and win the presidency in 2008? Yeah, that's effectively over. But that was always the longest of long shots.

The campaign to take back our government and restore the Constitution? That has hardly begun.

By officially staying in the race, Ron apparently believes he can do more to advance the message than he could by dropping out. I suspect he's right.

Running for delegate will be the first step for many in getting involved in the party and taking it in a new direction. Many of those folks will be running for party office, or elected office, and others will be helping their campaigns.

Ron has shown that a pro-liberty candidate can raise enough money to be competitive without the party machine. Other candidates for Congress will be following in his footsteps and some of them are going to get elected.

The revolution has only begun.

ojokolo
02-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Click this:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=117698

Mogwai
02-10-2008, 01:02 PM
On Lew Rockwell's blog there was an article stating that Paul still has 6 million dollar on his presidential account. And with the results from washington and kansas, it's far from over. Dr. Paul probably has the most money of the three and is the only one who can still raise money ( moneybombs :) ). He will be spending 700000 on radio and tv ads in Texas :D.
I think the email was send to raise money for his seat in congress, because he cannot use the presidential money for his congressional race.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/019317.html

Shaun
02-10-2008, 01:40 PM
On Lew Rockwell's blog there was an article stating that Paul still has 6 million dollar on his presidential account. And with the results from washington and kansas, it's far from over. Dr. Paul probably has the most money of the three and is the only one who can still raise money ( moneybombs :) ). He will be spending 700000 on radio and tv ads in Texas :D.
I think the email was send to raise money for his seat in congress, because he cannot use the presidential money for his congressional race.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/019317.html

COMPLETE DEBACLE.
He has 6m left, well BIG DEAL. What the hell good is it now. This should have been spent on MASSIVE TV ADS and 1,000,000 of it should have gone to A WORLD CLASS PR company, now it's wasted. We have LESS than 20 delegates and there are some people on these boards who are drinking massive amounts of cool aid saying we can still win something!!
What a ridiculous use of resources.
This is BEYOND over.