PDA

View Full Version : I got a warning for saying I might donate to Huckabee.

ItsTime
02-09-2008, 08:19 PM
I want to make it clear. THAT I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR hUCKABEE! I WILL NEVER vote FOR MCCAIN. I will BE WRITING IN RON PAUL.

Lets just make that clear.

I said I would donate if he won another state tonight to keep him in the race. That is all.

I hope all the others that personally attacked me got warnings as well.

rajibo
02-09-2008, 08:22 PM
A warning by who? I understood what you were saying. Hell, I'd donate to the Huckster if it would help Ron Paul.

You've been here forever. A warning is silly.

Carry on.

Onyx
02-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Why do you want him in the race?

zakkubin
02-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Why do you want him in the race?

Because if Paul and Huckabee can get 55 % of the remaining delegates we will have a brokered convention.

ambiguousscion
02-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Brokered Convention! Brokered Convention! Brokered Convention! Brokered Convention! Brokered Convention! Brokered Convention! Brokered Convention! Brokered Convention!

kyleAF
02-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Every convention is a brokered convention.

No1ButPaul08
02-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Because if Paul and Huckabee can get 55 % of the remaining delegates we will have a brokered convention.

McCain currently has 711 delegates. There are 1282 available delegates, some from states that have already voted. He needs 480/1282 delegates or 37% of the available delegates. So that would mean RP and Huck need 63% of the remaining delegates

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p2Ua4t0-Z5pFHScTNGq7bUg

Jobarra
02-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Unfortunately, Huck WILL cut a deal with McCain unless he wins the majority of the rest of the delegates. Heck, he may still do that since McCain supposedly is only running one term. I wish we could get all the rest of the delegates to keep them from making a deal, but that is a dream. Unfortunately, I think Dr. Paul will need to make a deal really quickly before the convention if he wants to have a shot at being president. I would vote for a Paul/Huck ticket. Not the optimal ticket I want, but it's infinitely better than McCain/Huck or Huck/McCain.

LibertyIn08
02-09-2008, 09:43 PM
McCain currently has 711 delegates. There are 1282 available delegates, some from states that have already voted. He needs 480/1282 delegates or 37% of the available delegates. So that would mean RP and Huck need 63% of the remaining delegates

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p2Ua4t0-Z5pFHScTNGq7bUg

He's confirmed for less than 700.

Huckabee and Paul are lower than actual amounts, McCain is higher.

pacelli
02-09-2008, 09:44 PM

Bingo, I'm thinking with enough points for Huck & Paul, we can sway the final stats toward a brokered convention.

chelu
02-09-2008, 09:46 PM
if you're maxed out to Ron Paul, and you think donating to Huckabee would help our cause then go for it. But as for me, I couldn't in good conscience, donate to Huckabee and not donate to Ron Paul.

Rob
02-09-2008, 09:46 PM
I want to make it clear. THAT I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR hUCKABEE! I WILL NEVER vote FOR MCCAIN. I will BE WRITING IN RON PAUL.

Lets just make that clear.

I said I would donate if he won another state tonight to keep him in the race. That is all.

I hope all the others that personally attacked me got warnings as well.

For many people, strategy seems to escape them entirely. If Ron Paul doesn't win a state, we better make sure Huckleberry does.

MsDoodahs
02-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Encouraging members to donate to candidates who oppose Dr. Paul is outside the guidelines of this forum.

It is your right to donate to and vote for whomever you choose.

Advocating donating to or voting for other candidates is NOT support for Ron Paul's 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Those who continue to encourage other members of this forum to donate to, or vote for, other candidates are subject to banning while their continued membership is reviewed.

Thank you.

MsD