PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report! District Leader for Ron Paul in WA State

tomveil
02-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I won't lie, I was pretty nervous about being the district leader for Ron Paul here in WA. I've never done a caucus before, and had never voted Republican before. But as we got sat down in our areas, my anxieties subsided, as I realized that I was the only one who knew what was going on.

8 people + the PCO showed up for us, although the PCO was busy helping all of the places where their PCO didn't show up. I ran my precint from start to finish. At the beginning, there was a questionaire about the top problems in the country.

I voted: Cut Government spending, cut taxes, balance the budget.

The final numbers: 6 votes for "Preserving Marriage", 6 votes for "Protecting Life", and 5 votes for "Winning the War On Terror". *sigh*

We had 5 delegate spots open. The others really had no clue what was going on, but I managed to herd them together to get 6 nominees for the 5 spots.

5 delegate spots, 6 nominees, 1 Ron Paul supporter.

Guess who ended up as the alternate? :(

But most of the people there were for Romney, and I'm sure that they won't show up for the county. At least nobody at the table was for McCain. The other precints did much better than we did. I got reports of clean sweeps through some places, and majorities in others.

/trip report

hawks4ronpaul
02-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Thank you for your efforts, your action despite anxiety, and your report.

Perhaps the Paul administration will reward you with the ambassadorship to Burkina Faso.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

itshappening
02-09-2008, 08:04 PM
thanks Tom!

robert4rp08
02-09-2008, 08:08 PM
The final numbers: 6 votes for "Preserving Marriage", 6 votes for "Protecting Life", and 5 votes for "Winning the War On Terror". *sigh*

WTF?!??! hahaha, people are so idiotic.

tomveil
02-09-2008, 08:10 PM

WTF?!??! hahaha, people are so idiotic.

That's what I was thinking.

Seriously, when I made my "Ron Paul" pitch, I had people nodding and agreeing. What it came down to was the war. They just "couldn't vote for somebody who was against the war in Iraq".