PDA

View Full Version : More Debate Help Requested

Shink
08-10-2007, 11:01 AM
This guy isn't arguing against me, but the thread is about the NYT editorial or whatever about 'how would you attack the US if you were a terrorist?' and there's a douchebag chickenhawk in there crowing that war is awesome, we need more terrorist attacks, etc. Anyway, the guy liked my contribution to the thread, and asked this:

"Why not tell us your viewpoint or that of your boy Ron Paul? He was one of six Republicans to vote against the Iraq war - it would be good to know why."

Anyone have links to the videos of him talking about it in the House? Any other links, points for me to make?

Shink
08-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Bump, thanks ahead of time.

For what it's worth, my post before that message:

Terrorism is NOT a good thing. That's foolish. "Boosts the economy?" No, boosts the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX, who exist only to war profiteer and perpetuate warfare in the world. This country's identity was one of FREEDOM, not warmongers. The reasons for most terrorism are NOT "they hate us for our freedom," it's called blowback. The former head of the CIA's bin Laden unit could teach you much about it. Read up on it. I fought in Iraq not long ago, and I know why they fight us. BECAUSE WE ARE THERE. Read bin Laden's reasons for attacking us, occupation, getting attacked themselves, bases built in their lands.

Unjustified war is NOT good, such as Iraq and in a few months or so, Iran. You already KNOW why Bush and Cheney are so hated, it's not just college kids. I assume you are a chicken hawk, RIP Sidney, am I correct? Have you been in combat in these recent wars? Would you not fight back if your location got occupied by a foreign military? Would you not fight back if your family got killed? Hmm, maybe not. You'd realize that their oil interests are worth submission, you'd assume their motives were more important than your own.

Bradley in DC
08-10-2007, 11:11 AM
This guy isn't arguing against me, but the thread is about the NYT editorial or whatever about 'how would you attack the US if you were a terrorist?' and there's a douchebag chickenhawk in there crowing that war is awesome, we need more terrorist attacks, etc. Anyway, the guy liked my contribution to the thread, and asked this:

"Why not tell us your viewpoint or that of your boy Ron Paul? He was one of six Republicans to vote against the Iraq war - it would be good to know why."

Anyone have links to the videos of him talking about it in the House? Any other links, points for me to make?

We know that, in part, the terrorists attacked us because of blowback from our involvement in the first Gulf War. A reasonable response would be to consider that our actions have consequences.

We were attacked on 9/11 by a non-state actor; the appropriate constitutional response, as Dr. Paul pointed out in October 2001, was to target those responsible with Letters of Marque and Reprisal.

Iraq was not a sponsor of terrorism against the US (Israel, yes) and was no threat to us. As Dr. Paul predicted, our actions there have incited hatred against us that enables terrorist recruiting and have therefore made us less safe.

Thom1776
08-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Try this:

Why are you such a coward? What are you afraid of? Being responsible for your own liberty and freedom? Ron Paul represents the courage and strength of our founding fathers. Thanks to cowards like you, we go to war unprovoked. Guess you like hiding behind big government fascists like Bush and Giuliani, clinging to there pant legs, because it's easier to have them send American soldiers to kill people YOU are afraid of rather than stand up on your own two feet as a free American. Oh wait, to stand up you'd need a spine. Iraq did nothing to us and was no threat to us. Only bullies and cowards attack a victim smaller and weaker than they are for no reason. Of course, you may have been hiding under your bed at night because YOU felt threatened by Iraq. Yes, sadly, there are many cowards like you.

jblosser
08-10-2007, 11:13 AM
If they're able to read instead of watch, there is a long interview with him at Human Events that gives about the most detailed Q&A I've seen from him on what he would have done / would do about the terrorist threat. The interviewers don't particularly agree with him but are honest about wanting to hear why he thinks what he does, which makes for a good discussion.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=21840

Shink
08-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Alright, I'll incorporate your responses, but where's the youtube of him making everyone else look like idiots when he discussed the idea of attacking Iran?

fj45lvr
08-10-2007, 12:32 PM
It is simply amazing to me how much mileage these terrorist acts get (hence they will continue)....to date we have seen what exactly?? a couple of inept bombs, a couple of plots and the unfortunate plane hijackings....These are SENSATIONAL but hardly a widespread problem worth the trillions of dollars being spent.

I am also amazed how stupid people are that they can actually believe that these guys want to do these SENSATIONAL attacks because they don't like our freedom and democracy....get real idiots and wake up....the American Indians were a few generations behind the curve or we'd see some homegrown resistance to european occupation and exploitation.