PDA

View Full Version : don't forget- Write to your newspaper!

tnvoter
05-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Just reinviting the idea of writing your newspaper via Snail Mail- this is a great way to get support.

And remember to show restraint in emailing the mass media requesting more coverage- this only upsets them. Save that for only if there is an occasion of slander.

surf
05-24-2007, 01:53 PM
i'd recommend email. it's far more timely, and my experience shows it to be more effective (and obviously easier for the paper).

i had an RP (bashing Rudy) letter in the Seattle paper Monday that i wrote the day after the last debate. they verified that i was the author via email. i'd be very surprised if most newspapers do not prefer email.

i think i've had at least a dozen published over the past few years that specifically cite and/or quote Ron Paul, often times merely copying quotes and adding a somewhat plagiarized version of the Dr.'s conclusion. All submitted via email.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-24-2007, 01:57 PM
How about creating a template? Then we can all go around sending it to every media outlet out there? Individually.

surf
05-24-2007, 02:11 PM
i've found they prefer unique letters, i.e. mass similar mailings are very likely to be dismissed for what they are. If you can respond to specifically to an article in the particular paper, it seems more likely to be printed.

example: two weeks ago i wrote about the AP coverage (Liz Sidoti calling all candiates pro war following first debate) that was printed in the other Seattle paper, taking quotes from her article and contrasting those to Paul quotes. i basically let them write it for me.