PDA

View Full Version : Will the results be for the delegates or straw poll?

bc2208
02-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Don't want to be disappointed if it's just the straw poll, sounds like we're winning lots of delegates.

Electrostatic
02-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Don't want to be disappointed if it's just the straw poll, sounds like we're winning lots of delegates.

It's the same thing in WA... Presidential preference is written on the sign in sheet to vote for delegates.

The delegates all have there pres pref marked on the sign in to vote and those are the only 2 sheets

grizzums
02-09-2008, 06:51 PM
What straw poll? We never had any straw poll.

surf
02-09-2008, 06:51 PM
delegates i can verify. i didn't fill in candidate preference because our line was so long. i didn't think there was to be any validity to this other than to potentially weed out RP people. so, if there is a straw poll result somewhere along the line, don't give it much weight. as far as i know, our pooled-precinct location had about 70 precincts (50 too many), and there were no straw poll results or even a straw poll taken.

rtil
02-09-2008, 06:54 PM
What straw poll? We never had any straw poll.

the "straw poll" he's talking about is the "presidential preference" that you put on the attendance sheet for caucuses. they use that to gauge support and those ARE the results we will hear tonight.

reason being is that the true delegate counts are sent by mail and they won't have solid numbers until probably the 16th ( or possibly later.)

grizzums
02-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Oh okay...lol

For the media to even report that is completely misleading as I saw many people not even fill that part in...

...but then again misleading the public has never stopped them before, so why should it now.

bc2208
02-09-2008, 07:02 PM
When is your state convention?

rtil
02-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Official papers at the caucus said April 16th, but on the same paper, other side it said anytime between May 11th and April 15th. So i'm not sure.