PDA

View Full Version : They stole the Ron Pauls signs off my SUV! <NW Indiana>

JoeH
02-09-2008, 06:39 PM
One last week (which I wrote off as possibly by wind on the interstate because of how windy it was hat night) I noticed it after getting home from meijer and wrote it off because being on the passenger side I could only narrow it to a 36 period.

But tonight while I was in the highland, IN meijer grocery store shopping (again) and they took the other one off the driver side door!

I was parked right up front and the magnetic sign was facing the entrance with no blockage to conceal anyone actions. Some people HAD to have seen it, between 4:55pm and 5:55pm. It's busier than a walmart at that time of day...

Just a heads up, I've filed a police report and we'll be looking at the surveillance video on Monday, a camera hits the spot I was parked at perfectly.

I wish I could have caught them.... owwww... I'm livid.

LEK
02-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Cowards.

Tell what they find, ok?

Thunderbolt
02-09-2008, 06:52 PM
I spent hundreds and hundreds on signs. All gone in one day. Some in less than 24 hours. Happening all over the place. If you put up any signs you might want to put up some video cameras on them as well.

Others have suggested smearing animal feces on the back so that at least they will not be pleased when they grab your signs. Or tar. After all that money, I was furious. Police cannot do anything about it. Will take report. Will let you know if signs turn up. Sorry.

romeshomey
02-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Get new signs and set up a nice booby trap for them.

This is nothing a little electical current can't handle. Ground the truck to something electical. Give em a nice zap next time they touch it. I know from experience as I had an uncle who got tired of me driving his truck at night when I was a teenager. He wired his truck to an outlet so the truck was flowing with electrical current, and since its on tires, it isn't grounded until its touched by something that is, which whatever touches it becomes the ground.

All I know is, I went to open his truck door and next thing I knew I was on my butt 3 feet away from the truck.

romeshomey
02-09-2008, 07:10 PM
On a side note, whats the word up in NW Indiana on who they are supporting?

I have family in Monticello and everytime I go up there they are all die hard PRO BUSH people up there and claim to be die hard conservatives.

Misesian
02-09-2008, 07:11 PM
For yard signs there's a simple solution.

Get some vegetable oil spray, spray the signs with them. Then sprinkle some capsaicin powder (can buy as a supplement) on the sign. They might take one sign, but only one! ;) This would probably work for the vehicle magnets too.

I read in another thread that wherever the whether is below 32F, just dump some water into the holes where the states go (probably on the sign too?) and that makes it very difficult to remove.

Remember to call your city/county's code enforcement too if signs disappear. If they're not posted in accordance to the city's ordinances than they will take them, but usually you can get them back too. If they didn't take them, police reports are the thing to do. If there's a bazillion police reports for signs the cops will at least be on the lookout for these thieves to STOP the police reports coming in for stolen political signs!

JasonCYST
02-09-2008, 07:12 PM
I leave the magnetic car signs on my car all the time and nobody touches them.
I've put up about 40-50 signs all over my town, and about a dozen on my yard, and not a single one is missing.

DDMX
02-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Someone posted a couple days ago they take the active ingredient in Poison Oak (Some oil - I forget what it is called) and spray/rub it all over their signs.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

chadhb
02-09-2008, 07:16 PM
we don't have Meijers here in socal or anything like it. Forget about 24 shopping in california.

DDMX
02-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Get new signs and set up a nice booby trap for them.

This is nothing a little electical current can't handle. Ground the truck to something electical. Give em a nice zap next time they touch it. I know from experience as I had an uncle who got tired of me driving his truck at night when I was a teenager. He wired his truck to an outlet so the truck was flowing with electrical current, and since its on tires, it isn't grounded until its touched by something that is, which whatever touches it becomes the ground.

All I know is, I went to open his truck door and next thing I knew I was on my butt 3 feet away from the truck.

Sorry, can't help but post this, some guy is fed up with his house being burglarized so he runs electricity through fence and sets up a camera:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/500526/stupid_burglar_electrocuted/

romeshomey
02-09-2008, 07:20 PM
If you want to be sure the person isn't killed in the process, get a cheap electric fence charger and connect the fence charger to the object you want to put current through.

That way there isn't constant current, they will get one hell of a zap then fall on their ass. I promise they will never touch that object again.