PDA

View Full Version : large support for Ron Paul in Whatcom County

Ayse
02-09-2008, 06:15 PM
http://www.king5.com/news/specials/politics/stories/NW_020908WAB_live_updates_caucus_KS.a6cfcdeb.html

Seattle P-I reporters have interviewed some Ron Paul supporters at Nathan Hales' caucus. And there seems to be a large support for Ron Paul in Whatcom County as well, according to Bellingham Herald politics blogger Sam Taylor. He stopped by both GOP and Democratic caucus, and writes: "On the GOP side - there was a huge Ron Paul turnout, it seemed. There was still a Romney supporter in the room handing out buttons, but I heard from a few people he may have been from California (and had Cali plates)"

Pockets of support for GOP candidate Ron Paul

P-I reporter Gregory Roberts is at the GOP caucus atNathan Hale High School in Seattle.

Fifty-five-year-old Robert Haller told him he is backing Texas Rep. Ron Paul.

"I've been a Libertarian a long time," said Haller, who was participating in a caucus for the first time.

Robin Sokolowsky, 32, a biologist and caregiver, is also a Paul supporter

"He wants to bring our troops home and focus more on gettign America back where it needs to be," she said. "I think he's the most honest candidate.

By about 2:30 p.m. the GOP caucus at Nathan Hale was winding down.

Avalon
02-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Of course they choose someone with a quote about being a Libertarian (to continue the association that RP is really not a Republican).