PDA

View Full Version : Just got home... We completely pwned our precinct.

rwl4
02-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Hey everybody,

Just got back from our precinct caucus. It was held at a high school along with a number of other precincts.

I went into it thinking we could have a real battle on our hands. Instead, it was like this:

1 PCO (Ron Paul supporters)
1 Huckabee supporter
1 McCain supporter
4 Ron Paul supporters

I got voted delegate, along with my pro-RP friend, and my wife and another friend are alternates. The PCO is a RP supporter, so 3 delegates in our precinct.

The even better news is that I walked up to a few random people and asked who won in their precincts, and everybody answered that RP supporters did.

From what I can tell, the whole downtown area of Seattle will have nearly (if not all) RP delegates!

polexi
02-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeahhhh!!!

Electrostatic
Woot! Both open and the alt in my precinct went RP as well....:o:D:p

nate895
This is great news. Ron Paul is gonna win WA, we got 5/7 at least for Ron Paul, and the other two delegates didn't indicate to me who they supported.

Agent CSL
02-09-2008, 06:18 PM
WOOT! I was elected a delegate. This is looking pretty good. :)

Lisa S
02-09-2008, 06:21 PM
I bet if he wins the state they will try to spin it as a protest vote or ignore it.

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 06:24 PM
I am delegate from NV and I have a question for you guys. In the county convention, do you know how all this goes down? Do we vote for canidates or do we have to choose delegates to go to the state convention?

polexi
02-09-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm thinking they'll give minimum coverage if any. You know, a brief "oh and a surprise win for long-shot Ron Paul in Washington....'" then go to something else.

dreamsinc
02-09-2008, 06:25 PM
I was there and I'm one of the delegates!!

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm thinking they'll give minimum coverage if any. You know, a brief "oh and a surprise win for long-shot Ron Paul in Washington....'" then go to something else.

It would be better than the coverage we get now. A win today could lead to more wins in the future.

bucfish
02-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Are first president was Washington and OUR first win is in Washington. I will have to say How proud I am of Washington!!!

Dubaruba
02-09-2008, 06:29 PM
I am delegate from NV and I have a question for you guys. In the county convention, do you know how all this goes down? Do we vote for canidates or do we have to choose delegates to go to the state convention?

We go to the county convention and select delegates to the State convention, which selects delegates to the National convention. If we win a majority of delegates at the precinct lever, we will be able to dominate the county and state conventions as well.

There was no straw poll, only sign in sheets on which each person wrote their preference. In my precinct we had 5 people and 3 RP supporters (so they said) but they elected 1 RP delegate and 1 McCain supporter. Also, the PCO, an automatic delegate was undeclared, but is going to go for McCain.

It was a pooled caucus and the room was packed with RP supporters. We won many delegates!!!

tonyr1988
02-09-2008, 06:31 PM
I bet if he wins the state they will try to spin it as a protest vote or ignore it.

If they mean "protest against McCain" vote, that could be the best thing to happen to us right now.

If we can get the anti-McCain support (especially from delegates), that'll propel us the same way it did for Romney.

Stardreamer
02-09-2008, 06:32 PM
You guys are awesome !!!!!!!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RPR

Strike-Fighter
02-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Good news!

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 06:34 PM
If they mean "protest against McCain" vote, that could be the best thing to happen to us right now.

If we can get the anti-McCain support (especially from delegates), that'll propel us the same way it did for Romney.

Any support would help.

The media can spin it any way but they will each have to report that Ron Paul won.

tbrambo
02-09-2008, 06:42 PM
sweet