PDA

View Full Version : We are taking over the GOP in Alaska! THIS IS AWESOME, READ IT NOW!

Xenophage
02-09-2008, 06:09 PM
This thread was originally about our local district conventions in Alaska, and how we showed up in force and in secret to elect ourselves as delegates to the State convention and pass some terrific platform changes. I pulled that original post after several people expressed their concern that I was offering up advance warning to GOP old-timers about the same tactics potentially being used in other states. Now that our State Convention is over, and several other people have already blogged about their district/county conventions, I feel its safe to post this new report on how our state convention went. I started a new thread with the same content after I got home from the convention... perhaps a mod can amend the replies from that thread to this one?

The Alaskan Republican Party State Convention took place in Anchorage from March 13th to 15th. I just got back home. This is my informal report.

There were somewhere in the neighborhood of 350 to 360 total delegates to the State Convention, as I recall (I don't remember the exact number and I could be significantly wrong on that).

As you may have heard, the Alaskan Ron Paulites were very organized and aggressive during our February 5th and 9th district conventions. We organized state-wide to crash the Republican convention, passed amazing platform changes and resolutions, and got a lot of us elected as delegates to the State Convention. After those successful district conventions, we kept working hard to organize and prepare for the State Convention. All told, we were able to secure 105 delegates to State, or roughly 30% of the total by my estimation. While we were not a majority, this made us a force to be reckoned with.

The convention was rife with controversy, the majority of it surrounding an attempted unseating of the chairman of the Alaska Republican Party by other forces within the party, including our governor Sarah Palin. The atmosphere was pretty intense and the news reporters were ready for big headlines. Our Ron Paul group, which according to some was the largest and most organized group of individuals at the convention, had to decide which powers we could ally ourselves with to best further our agenda, and during the course of the convention we had to craft and change strategies constantly to stay in the game. I won't go into great detail concerning everything that happened, because you could probably write a novella about this convention, but I will say that it was better drama than television. I never expected to be quite so entertained by political maneuvering or parliamentary procedure!

We had several goals going into the convention, and although we were not successful on all fronts, we were overall *very* successful.

First the good news: We passed a LOT of platform changes and resolutions. The convention broke into subcommittees for these, focusing on general topics from the Alaska Republican Party platform including Constitutional Rights, Health & Family, Education, Jobs & Economy, National Defense, and others. For the most part we had very little control over which subcommittees we ended up on (aside from indicating a preference), because each subcommittee had to have as close to even representation from each district as possible, and we were assigned by the central committee which consisted mostly of party insiders (although we got a few RP'ers on there as well). As a result, some of the subcommittees ended up with great Ron Paul representation (as was the case in the Constitutional Rights subcommittee where we apparently had over half the delegates) and some of them ended up with poor Ron Paul representation (the unfortunate case in the National Defense subcommittee that I was on).

The amendments, changes, and resolutions that we had passed at local district levels (as well as some that we had not passed) showed up for consideration by these subcommittees. What came out of the subcommittees were effectively recommendations, and eventually reached the floor of the General Assembly the following day for consideration by the entire convention. Among these were platform changes and resolutions to abolish the IRS, oppose the Patriot Act and Real ID, eliminate the Department of Education, eliminate the Certificate of Need program for health care providers, support jury nullification by allowing defendents to argue the mertis and application of laws under which they are tried, eliminate the word "hemp" from the plank "we are against the legalization of marijuana/hemp," and many others. After considerable debate and a battle on the floor over parliamentary procudures that threatened many times to kill them entirely, these platform planks and resolutions were adopted by the Alaska Republican Party. The platform plank and corresponding resolution opposing the Patriot Act, NAIS, Real ID, and Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act, and demanding their immediate repeal, both narrowly passed after many (increasingly panicky) attempts to defeat them by the anti-Paul crowd.

We were unsuccessful in attacking the party's support for the war in Iraq. We were simply unable to pull support from anyone outside of the Ron Paul delegates for this purpose and therefore unable to secure a majority.

In the Rules committee there was a heated battle to secure more national delegates for Ron Paul in the face of the Romney and Huckabee drop-outs. The essential argument was over the definition of "dropping out" of a presidential race, and our argument was that according to the state party's own rules we were entitled to 14 national delegates, and McCain was entitled to 12. Unfortunately, both the Romney and Huckabee campaigns sent letters to the convention explaining that their campaign "suspensions" were intended to reserve delegates rather than release them. In light of this, it was still possible we could move during the General Assembly to apportion those delegates to Paul and McCain, and maybe even win, but we determined it was unlikely so we took the following deal: In exchange for not bringing up the rules issue on the floor, we could pass a resolution stating the Alaska Republican Party would like Ron Paul to speak at the Republican National Convention. The deal happened and the resolution went through.

Overall, we made a lot of good inroads in the local party, made some great changes, established ourselves as a force, and got some great people in to go to national for Ron Paul. We learned a lot about parliamentary procedure, and I would recommend anyone planning on attending a convention read up on Robert's Rules of Order first, or you may find yourself and any issue you bring forth utterly defeated by the process.

I met and worked with some of the most amazing, intelligent, driven people at this convention. Its amazing what can happen when 100 Ron Paul supporters get together all at once. The camaraderie was astounding to me. Although we only controlled 30% of the delegates at the convention, I'd wager we accounted for approximately 90% of the total IQ points.

Anyway, there's TONS more to report, but I'm really tired, and I need to go to bed, and I've lost my train of thought.... I hope I can get copies of resolutions that passed.

ronpaulitician
02-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Excellent work!

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 06:11 PM
awesome work, so you think we can get a majority at the state convention?

nbhadja
02-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Looks like Alaska is by far the greatest state!

itshappening
02-09-2008, 06:12 PM
this is great, you're totally taking over :)

this is how we win!!

please continue to post any updates Xeno!

liberteebell
You have to have dreamed this--there's no way in hell any republicans would agree to this ;););)

TXcarlosTX
this is the shit i was talking about!!!! good work

RAND PAUL 2012!!!

Enzo
Sweet! Great Work.

hvac ak47
02-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Wow!! Nice Work!! :d

SteveMartin
Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious!

blakjak
and the revolution continues...

Royksopp
bloody hell :D

DirtMcGirt
02-09-2008, 06:14 PM
I love stealth projects... keep it rolling up there!!!

TruthAtLast
02-09-2008, 06:15 PM
very encouraging

Chester Copperpot
02-09-2008, 06:16 PM
That's right...

Today we held our local district conventions and selected our delegates to the State convention in Alaska. We turned out the Paulites! Not only did we get a clear majority of delegates to the state (we were very organized and completely stealthy in this - it was like a surprise attack by Ron Paul), but listen to this...

While we were there we voted on platform changes for the state GOP. You will not believe some of the stuff that passed!

The most controversial one was the one that I proposed. There was a section in the platform that said the Republican Party of Alaska opposes any sort of gaming (gambling) in the state on the basis that it is harmful to families and communities. I proposed striking that out entirely, from the standpoint of personal and economic liberty, and after huge debate and three recounts my movement PASSED by ONE VOTE! So now that its passed the local level, it'll go on to state!

Guess what else?

Another Ron Paul supporter proposed striking out and replacing a section that said something to the effect of: "The Republican Party of Alaska supports the aggressive world wide war on terror and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan." The replacement that PASSED read something like: "We will not support military intervention in a foreign country unless a constitutional, congressional declaration of war is made." How HUGE is that?

And perhaps the craziest win of the day, in my opinion, was when we passed a movement to change the party platform to read that we, as Republicans, support the legalization of industrial hemp. LOL!

Lots of other awesome platform changes passed, having to do with state's rights, educational choice, and immigration. Everything was in line with the Ron Paul platform, and pretty Libertarian sounding!

The other conventions that took place elsewhere today and earlier in the week have also reported high numbers of Ron Paul delegates to the state convention, and similar interesting successes at their local level. It really looks to me like we can go to the state convention and ENACT some extremely controversial party platform changes! It would be so great to see the neo-cons have to run independent for failing to endorse the Republican Party platform, and so great to see them squirm in terror when they realize that RON PAUL has TAKEN OVER THEIR PARTY!

Anyway... I just had to share this! :D

RIGHTEOUS!

UK4Paul
Wow... the Ron Paul Revolution storms the Bastille :)

literatim
This is a perfect example of what can be done and why everyone needs to stay in the Republican Party to work at the local levels to change it.

tpreitzel
It ain't over 'till the Fat Lady sings in Minneapolis and she's stuck in a blizzard somewhere ... but we've got a few months to locate her. ;)

TexMac
02-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Maybe we should all move to Alaska.

xCakex
02-09-2008, 06:18 PM
This is such an epic win. Thank you. Keep fighting.

Thomas Paine
This is what we all need to do in the remaining 49 states over the next four years. The fight to retake the GOP from the self annointed, overaged, overweight, former College Republicans that are currently running the GOP into the toilet has only just begun!

fedup100
OMG.....now that's what I'm talking about!!! We have the numbers to not only do this nationwide, but I don't think Paul fully realizes he can still win this thing outright.

We must put together a quick money bomb, we have to kick this pig in the ass and get it going again!!

Kotin
02-09-2008, 06:19 PM
thanks alot and great job xeno!!!!!

Elle
02-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Good work!! :D:D

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/lspen1969/partyplatform.jpg

The New Revere
02-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Way to strike a blow. Just the encouragement we need right now.

JonathanR
This is what the Revolution is all about.

jm1776
This is the ticket!! Awesome!!!

literatim
OMG.....now that's what I'm talking about!!! We have the numbers to not only do this nationwide, but I don't think Paul fully realizes he can still win this thing outright.

We must put together a quick money bomb, we have to kick this pig in the ass and get it going again!!

The only one keeping track of state delegates is the official campaign and they have never released numbers, even for Nevada.

quezkittel
Thank you so much! Best post all day :)

rodent
That's right...

Today we held our local district conventions and selected our delegates to the State convention in Alaska. We turned out the Paulites! Not only did we get a clear majority of delegates to the state (we were very organized and completely stealthy in this - it was like a surprise attack by Ron Paul), but listen to this...

So how do we achieve what you did in a place like New York? Where do I even go?

bucfish
02-09-2008, 06:21 PM
We will win

LukeNM
02-09-2008, 06:22 PM

I was going to ask, how is the economy and how is the job market in Alaska these days?

Chibioz
02-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Great work!! Best news all day!

joenaab
02-09-2008, 06:23 PM
great, great work. very inspiring. we need more of this. as much as i detest the GOP, i can see merit in the strategy of taking it over and transforming it from the inside. this is symbolized in The Matrix 1 when, at the end, Neo jumped into Smith and blew him up from the inside out.

ronpaulhawaii
02-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Wow, great work, thanks

:D

Zeeder
Very inspirational!

If only the libertarian party had been doing this for the past 30 years instead of banging their heads against a brick wall, we wouldn't need to be doing this.

kyleAF
The only one keeping track of state delegates is the official campaign and they have never released numbers, even for Nevada.

Except for: "42". Incidentally, I love that number...

Michigan11
This is a perfect example of what can be done and why everyone needs to stay in the Republican Party to work at the local levels to change it.

Exactly.

Inform your meetup, then get everybody to start going to your local Republican meetings and take them over by stealth, go after all positions, take the reigns.

AFM
02-09-2008, 06:25 PM
YES
awesome
FREEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeff43
Thank you for taking a stand against the party's anti-gambling stance. I wish more people in this country would do the same. This is what Ron Paul is talking about when he says change the party, don't leave the party. The OP of this thread is a fantastic example for all of us to follow in our own states and communities.

literatim

I am talking about state delegates. Most of the states that have finished their caucuses and such haven't voted for national delegates yet.

Thomas Paine
02-09-2008, 06:26 PM
We shall overcome!

RochesterRyan
That's freakin awesome.

goldstandard
Great news. LOLed at industrial hemp.

Xenophage
So how do we achieve what you did in a place like New York? Where do I even go?

Well, I don't know how New York works, but you need to show up at whatever Republican Party convention you can and get in on the voting, and if you can, get all the Ron Paul supporters you can possibly muster to come with you and be prepared to pay whatever fees are required to become delegates to the state convention. In Alaska we had to dish out $200 per person for this... the most willing people are the people who have already contributed money to the national campaign, so we contacted all of them first.

The national campaign paid for a couple people that couldn't afford it (coordinated with state HQ) but we mostly paid for ourselves and each other.

We were completely silent about this. This organization and planning was going on for some time, but I didn't even post on this forum because I didn't want it to get out to ANYONE, even as much as I wanted to suggest the other states do the same thing we were doing.

We showed up with no visible Ron Paul banners, stickers, pins, or anything. We didn't say a word about Ron Paul the entire convention. We acted like we didn't know each other. I think by the end of the convention, everyone had it figured out that there was a big ol' Ron Paul conspiracy in their midst, but by then it was too late.

mkeller
Yes! On to Washington!

me3
02-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Beautiful. Imagine what we will be able to accomplish over the next 4 years if we stay committed and on target? Amazing, simply amazing.

Exactly. People need to see this, and understand that they can make profound changes if they are patient, and work hard.

LEK
02-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Wow! Thank you!
Especially the changes regarding going to war. THAT'S what it's supposed to be but all we here is booing when Ron Paul stands for it. What is wrong with this picture?

kyleAF
02-09-2008, 06:28 PM
ALASKA F'IN ROCKS!!

Way to go guys. Kudos to all involved.

tpreitzel
02-09-2008, 06:29 PM
I am talking about state delegates. Most of the states that have finished their caucuses and such haven't voted for national delegates yet.

Right

kyleAF
02-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Be sure that you don't blow your cover at the state convention... they may be on to you now. Organize, mobilize.

tbrambo
02-09-2008, 06:31 PM
AWESOME! see.....everybody.....

We have ONLY to gain.....NOTHING to loose! KEEP FIGHTING

me3
02-09-2008, 06:32 PM
We showed up with no visible Ron Paul banners, stickers, pins, or anything. We didn't say a word about Ron Paul the entire convention. We acted like we didn't know each other. I think by the end of the convention, everyone had it figured out that there was a big ol' Ron Paul conspiracy in their midst, but by then it was too late.
Sounds like you guys are guilty of conspiracy to commit Liberty.

Fields
02-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Great work my friend.

Xenophage
02-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Be sure that you don't blow your cover at the state convention... they may be on to you now. Organize, mobilize.

Oh they're on to us now, but its too late... the delegates to the state convention have already been selected. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted this.

SwanMaiden
02-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Wow! I wish there was some way Ron himself could hear about this. I bet it would really lift his spirits!!:D

tonyr1988
02-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Are Alaska's delegates to the RNC bounded or not?

Thunderbolt
02-09-2008, 06:47 PM
I guess I know what state I need to move to! Excellent work! I am very very proud of you.

Tried something similar in AZ and was shot down with a few thousand very angry Republicans glaring at me for daring to bring up the tiniest change. I got two votes to all the rest of the people in the room.

So glad to see you were able to affect change where you are! Very well done sir! You may be convincing me. If the GOP are leaving, then maybe we should just walk in and take it over.
But can you get that nasty pro-life - anti liberty for women thing out of there too? Perhaps next meeting.

I am so proud of you! You have done an excellent job.

Mordan
02-09-2008, 06:48 PM
well that's what Ron Paul did in Louisiana, but they changed the rules like dictators

JeffSchulman
02-09-2008, 06:50 PM

The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything!

billyjoeallen
02-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Very encouraging. Keep us posted.

ziggrl
02-09-2008, 06:55 PM
We didn't do the platform changes in Michigan at my Oakland County convention. However, remember, your state delegate status is still up in the air until you get to the state convention. I was picked as an alternate, but once you get to the state level you may not get picked to vote.

sgrooms
02-09-2008, 06:55 PM
I guess I know what state I need to move to! Excellent work! I am very very proud of you.

Tried something similar in AZ and was shot down with a few thousand very angry Republicans glaring at me for daring to bring up the tiniest change. I got two votes to all the rest of the people in the room.

So glad to see you were able to affect change where you are! Very well done sir! You may be convincing me. If the GOP are leaving, then maybe we should just walk in and take it over.
But can you get that nasty pro-life - anti liberty for women thing out of there too? Perhaps next meeting.

I am so proud of you! You have done an excellent job.

When was this?

Blythexo
02-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Great job!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

affa
02-09-2008, 06:58 PM
i love you guys.

seeker1
02-09-2008, 07:00 PM
verrry cool. :cool:

stevedasbach
02-09-2008, 07:03 PM

I think this is exactly what Ron Paul has in mind.

freelance
02-09-2008, 07:05 PM
It ain't over 'till the Fat Lady sings in Minneapolis and she's stuck in a blizzard somewhere ... but we've got a few months to locate her. ;)

Yeah, I agree. I think the thought of McCain sliding into the nomination by default and today's e-mail are working together to create some havoc.

Congratulations Alaska. Now, the remaining 49 just need to fall in line. I am SO proud of Alaska. You're an inspiration to us all.

Hurricane Bruiser
02-09-2008, 07:11 PM
This is awesome news. Great work up in Alaska. Maybe I should move...

TexFootballMom
02-09-2008, 07:12 PM
ALASKA F'IN ROCKS!!

Way to go guys. Kudos to all involved.

Yea, what kyleAF said.

Thank You Alaska!

WilliamC
02-09-2008, 07:13 PM
That's right...

While we were there we voted on platform changes for the state GOP. You will not believe some of the stuff that passed!

The most controversial one was the one that I proposed. There was a section in the platform that said the Republican Party of Alaska opposes any sort of gaming (gambling) in the state on the basis that it is harmful to families and communities. I proposed striking that out entirely, from the standpoint of personal and economic liberty, and after huge debate and three recounts my movement PASSED by ONE VOTE! So now that its passed the local level, it'll go on to state!

Guess what else?

Another Ron Paul supporter proposed striking out and replacing a section that said something to the effect of: "The Republican Party of Alaska supports the aggressive world wide war on terror and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan." The replacement that PASSED read something like: "We will not support military intervention in a foreign country unless a constitutional, congressional declaration of war is made." How HUGE is that?

And perhaps the craziest win of the day, in my opinion, was when we passed a movement to change the party platform to read that we, as Republicans, support the legalization of industrial hemp. LOL!

Lots of other awesome platform changes passed, having to do with state's rights, educational choice, and immigration. Everything was in line with the Ron Paul platform, and pretty Libertarian sounding!

The other conventions that took place elsewhere today and earlier in the week have also reported high numbers of Ron Paul delegates to the state convention, and similar interesting successes at their local level. It really looks to me like we can go to the state convention and ENACT some extremely controversial party platform changes! It would be so great to see the neo-cons have to run independent for failing to endorse the Republican Party platform, and so great to see them squirm in terror when they realize that RON PAUL has TAKEN OVER THEIR PARTY!

You have just made me so proud to be a small part of this movement.

THANK YOU!

I will attend my 1st ever County Republican Party meeting this coming Monday night.

I don't expect to achieve any such sweeping changes, but I will see if I can introduce a resolution I saw on here to not support McCain even if he does win the nomination.

And we're having a candidate for our 1st Congressional District speak, so I'll get to see what he is made of. He was mayor of Mississippi's fastest growing city for the past 8 years, has a background in engineering so at least he isn't a lawyer.

Two weeks ago I went to a meeting of the Republican Club at The University of Mississippi and heard another candidate for Congress talk, Gene McCollough. He I won't be voting for because he is a definite collectivist and kept evading the questions I would ask him.

This is what Ron Paul has done, made folks like you and I be willing to get involved in politics, but 10,000 times over.

This is how the rEVOLution grows....

Kacela
02-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Awesome! This is what we need to do!

roguepatriot
02-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Great work!

Highland
02-09-2008, 07:32 PM
A real victory for Alaska and you!

For free TV/Radio Ron Paul ads to download and play on local stations...

go to

http://www.highlandmediaworks.com/ronpaulad2
http://www.highlandmediaworks.com/ronpaulad

lucynuts
02-09-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm definitely gonna consider moving to Alaska I mean why the hell not.

ShowMeLiberty
02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
**STANDING OVATION**

I am so proud of you all, I have tears in my eyes!

<3 <3 <3

kaleidoscope eyes
02-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! Fanflippingtastic!!!!

link88
02-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Damn, this brought a tear to my eye!! Damn you!! haha
Great Job!

rmholla
02-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Way to go Alaska. I hope this message is spread far and wide to EVERY meetup group. Ron Paul can still win this.

-

Thanehand
02-09-2008, 08:54 PM
*THIS* is exactly what Ron Paul's campaign is all about - whether he gets the nominee or not. You guys are awesome.

axiomata
02-09-2008, 08:59 PM
I was watching Alaska: Big America on the History Channel earlier. Beautiful place with some brave people. The sled dog run to Nome to prevent an epidemic, prospectors risking everything for the chance to strike gold, the building of the Alaskan Highway in '41 ... more ballsy than the transcontinental railroad, and expelling the Japanese in the only real campaign on American soil during WWII.

MrHellebusch
02-09-2008, 09:16 PM
This is our hope. This is the movement. Well done.

RPfan
02-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Go Alaskans! Take the lead And rest of the nation will realize and follow!!

RPLiberty1
02-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Congratulations Alaska! Great work and exactly the way to make the change.

phoenixzorn
02-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Can I move to Alaska? Better yet, how do I get something like this started on the City Level? I'm involved in City politics, and if I could get the city to advocate for the Constitution and Individual Liberty, I'd have a bit more pull in the County meetings. =)

Bilgefisher
02-09-2008, 10:42 PM
This is frickin awesome.

fabijo
02-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Ha Ha! Awesome. Just chiseling away at the Republican platform. If we keep this up, we'll be the establishment! :D

Dave39168
02-09-2008, 10:51 PM
this is exactly how the REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!! is gonna take place. Great job!

steve005
02-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Yes!

Dianne
02-09-2008, 11:07 PM
When election over, I'll dump NC and move to Alaska. Hopefully they will seceed from the Union and make Ron Paul President... Wow, now that is an idea.

suzypotaka
02-09-2008, 11:28 PM
That's right...

Guess what else?

THIS is PRECISELY waht the R3volUTION is about!!!!

One State at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!

suzypotaka
02-09-2008, 11:30 PM
<<<If we keep this up, we'll be the establishment! >>>>

Exactly dear Watson!

axiomata
02-09-2008, 11:31 PM
<<<If we keep this up, we'll be the establishment! >>>>

Exactly dear Watson!

That's a scary thought.

gerryb
02-09-2008, 11:41 PM
I've been searching for a country to move to to get away from the insanity that may be just around the corner. I don't want to leave, but if it looks to get bad enough I would.

Looks like I've found my place! It's far enough from the mainland hopefully it won't be caught in the middle of it all.

rice_classic
02-09-2008, 11:59 PM
BLIMP!

I hope the same thing happens in Washington State. I turned out 3 RP delegates today.

This party ain't over yet

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED!

AlabamaWildMan
02-10-2008, 12:03 AM
"...We will not support military intervention in a foreign country unless a constitutional, congressional declaration of war is made..."

Bravo !!
..CHEERS to those folks with the bandages-and-Gauze in the front three rows ! !!

Proud to know ya and Proud of Ya ! !! !! ;)

jsu718
02-10-2008, 01:41 AM
This could be the most encouraging news all week. May very well have to move to Alaska.

xCakex
02-10-2008, 02:08 AM
Alaska is pretty sweet.

stewie3128
02-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Please keep it all quiet - there are moles on our board here.

ClayTrainor
02-10-2008, 04:31 AM
No matter what happens, we win... the ball has started rolling,a nd it ain't gonna stop :D

Great work alaska!

jake
02-10-2008, 04:47 AM
congrats. this really is a revolution.

misconstrued
02-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Great work Xenophage! :)

Kingfisher
02-10-2008, 06:55 AM
GREAT!!.........This could happen in a lot more states. GET INVOLVED!!

ladyliberty
02-10-2008, 07:04 AM
Stealth in action!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mopsus
02-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Way to go "last frontier" RP Supporters. I've never met an Alaskan I've never liked. You guys rock. Love from the lower 48. Keep it up and hit 'em hard.

raystone
02-10-2008, 08:14 AM
yeah !!

limequat
02-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Good work guys, I'm so proud to "be a part of it"!

the_bee
02-10-2008, 09:52 AM
bumper

grizzums
02-10-2008, 09:53 AM
So busy yesterday. First time I have read this thread...bravo!

I see üs having the same type of firepower at our conventions down here in Washington. We'll be organized and turn out in force for change. Washington Paulites will look forward to going toe to toe with the current GOP guard...we'll wipe the floor with them.

You guys rock!

Soccrmastr
02-10-2008, 12:39 PM

+1 . Get Ron Paul's new Book The Revolution A Manifesto, get involved in local politics, and change the party from bottom up. Next time an election comes around, we WILL be the base of the party, and we WILL win the nomination for any candidate of our choosing.

thexjib
02-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Ill tell you what people.... I believe that this was the goal of HQ from the start. RP ran to win but realistically understood how slim the chances were.... this is how he is really making an impact and why we will ultimately win. I have heard of similar reports coming out of other states.

Joe3113
02-10-2008, 01:22 PM
It's efforts like this that make names like Rothschild and Rockefeller shake in their boots.

Imagine if 10,000 hardcore Ron Paul supporters made this effort!

seapilot
02-10-2008, 01:29 PM
The GOP is so fractured it wont be that hard to take them over state by state by determined supporters. We can get enough state delegates to the convention they will not be boring that is for sure. At first I was dissapointed that RP did not win Alaska so what was the point of going to the state convention to vote for Huckabum or McWar.

Then after talking to one of the RP alaska organizers realized we have a good chance to change the GOP here from the inside out. That means senators and representatives elected to state and D.C. have to follow our consitutional platform or they are out. Good fun to be able to wield power over senators.

spivey378
02-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Well, I don't know how New York works, but you need to show up at whatever Republican Party convention you can and get in on the voting, and if you can, get all the Ron Paul supporters you can possibly muster to come with you and be prepared to pay whatever fees are required to become delegates to the state convention. In Alaska we had to dish out $200 per person for this... the most willing people are the people who have already contributed money to the national campaign, so we contacted all of them first.

The national campaign paid for a couple people that couldn't afford it (coordinated with state HQ) but we mostly paid for ourselves and each other.

We were completely silent about this. This organization and planning was going on for some time, but I didn't even post on this forum because I didn't want it to get out to ANYONE, even as much as I wanted to suggest the other states do the same thing we were doing.

YES!

spivey378
02-10-2008, 01:47 PM
is it possible for me to be a crooked ron paul republican?

im not too honest

;)

Xenophage
02-10-2008, 01:54 PM
is it possible for me to be a crooked ron paul republican?

im not too honest

;)

There's nothing crooked about fighting for free markets and free minds.

Seeking power is crooked, but you can't do that and be a consistent Ron Paul Republican.

spivey378
02-10-2008, 01:57 PM
good work xeno. ive actually been looking into moving to alaska.

need lots of land to be self sufficient and what better spot to do it than alaska

BeFranklin
02-10-2008, 02:12 PM
The GOP is so fractured it wont be that hard to take them over state by state by determined supporters. We can get enough state delegates to the convention they will not be boring that is for sure. At first I was dissapointed that RP did not win Alaska so what was the point of going to the state convention to vote for Huckabum or McWar.

Then after talking to one of the RP alaska organizers realized we have a good chance to change the GOP here from the inside out. That means senators and representatives elected to state and D.C. have to follow our consitutional platform or they are out. Good fun to be able to wield power over senators.

Don't forgot the later states have an even better chance to get changed, because the "nomination" is already won.. :rolleyes:

brooklyn
02-10-2008, 07:03 PM
The lower 48 salute you guys! Way to go! Just what we needed at the right time.
Stay focused. Stay strong. Continue to believe.

theczar1776
02-10-2008, 07:16 PM
this is great the smae thing is happening in hawaii, but it is under wraps, so it is not as vocal!

Sweman
02-10-2008, 08:22 PM

And now hemp will grow all over the great Alaska farmland! :D

ExpatinArgentina
02-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Excellent work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nc4rp
02-10-2008, 08:31 PM
+"42"

smtwngrl
02-10-2008, 08:49 PM
This is a fantastic thread, but I think it should be buried, not stickied. :eek:

The power in this strategy lies in not having the GOP in every state warned about it ahead of time.

This info could be shared in ways other than on a public forum.

hawks4ronpaul
02-10-2008, 08:53 PM
De-Baathification begins.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Knightskye
02-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Sweet. This is what we have to do in all 50 states. :D Great first step, though. Love the 'hemp' part.

The power in this strategy lies in not having the GOP in every state warned about it ahead of time.

I disagree. This tells them we're coming for them!

The Tao Of Bill
02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
See this people! This is how the revolution will win! Not by thinking of all the possible ways Ron Paul could pull off a miracle win. But by thinking of all the possible ways we can infiltrate the republican party and start changing the republican platform. WTG!

When the republicans get back on their feet it will be the Ron Paul Revolution in the cockpit.

JakeW
02-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Woot! The rEVOLution is taking place.

Like Ghandi said
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

V4Vendetta
02-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Looks like Alaska is by far the greatest state!

lol, wait till the Texas Primary... you guys are going to flip out!

Ball
02-11-2008, 01:27 AM
So does this mean you can change the state rules so delegates can vote for whomever THEY support?

tsetsefly
02-11-2008, 01:44 AM
this is awesome.

-lotus-
02-11-2008, 01:49 AM
alask is still the last frontier it seems. good job!

Xenophage
02-11-2008, 03:37 AM
And now hemp will grow all over the great Alaska farmland! :D

We didn't change any laws. We didn't even change the platform. We sent platform changes to be approved at the state convention.

The victory so far is symbolic, but a great sign.

Xenophage
02-11-2008, 03:40 AM
This is a fantastic thread, but I think it should be buried, not stickied. :eek:

This info could be shared in ways other than on a public forum.

You're probably right. I may have been hasty posting this stuff...

There were three reasons I did so:

#1 - I was excited
#2 - I felt the rest of the Ron Paul grassroots around the country was in desperate need of a morale boost
#3 - I thought this would be the fastest way to disseminate strategy

Xenophage
02-11-2008, 03:43 AM
So does this mean you can change the state rules so delegates can vote for whomever THEY support?

Highly, highly unlikely.

Every delegate wants to be able to vote their conscience, but nobody wants the OTHER delegates to be able to vote THEIR consciences.

Even if we could change this rule I'm not sure I'd want to. I'm more interested in proposing an instant runoff ballot system at our state primary, which would be a lot more fair to underdog candidates.

It is possible we could make it so that we're unbound after the first round of voting at the national convention, though. I'm really not sure at this point.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
02-11-2008, 05:54 AM
Alaska, it whips the llamas ass! maaa-aaaa-aa-aa-a

LandonCook
02-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Bump!

Roxi
02-11-2008, 07:38 PM
this is such good news, were having a BAD ice storm here, it sounds like the apocalypse outside and internet has been in and out, so i needed this post!

Roxi
02-11-2008, 08:00 PM
this is such good news, were having a BAD ice storm here, it sounds like the apocalypse outside and internet has been in and out, so i needed this post!

StarCrossed06
02-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Way to go Alaska!
Now, if everyone will just follow you're example we will have this thing in the bag! Don't give up people! We have not even begun to fight!

JakeW
02-11-2008, 09:39 PM
bump

Dan D.
02-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Highly, highly unlikely.

Every delegate wants to be able to vote their conscience, but nobody wants the OTHER delegates to be able to vote THEIR consciences.

Even if we could change this rule I'm not sure I'd want to. I'm more interested in proposing an instant runoff ballot system at our state primary, which would be a lot more fair to underdog candidates.

It is possible we could make it so that we're unbound after the first round of voting at the national convention, though. I'm really not sure at this point.
The Hoare method of Instant Runoff Voting is flawed. I suggest going with approval voting instead, or weighted approval voting (you have x number of votes you can divide any way you like, where x is the number of candidates for a particular race)

Xenophage
02-12-2008, 03:29 AM
The Hoare method of Instant Runoff Voting is flawed. I suggest going with approval voting instead, or weighted approval voting (you have x number of votes you can divide any way you like, where x is the number of candidates for a particular race)

I've been researching this a little bit and I think you're right...

I like weighted approval voting. I feel the strongest opposition will come from people leery of anything that adds extra complexity to the voting system, making the system more prone to confusion and requiring extra work by vote counters.

Magicman
02-14-2008, 02:25 PM
BIG NEWS:

Ron Paul Republicans taking over Maryland!

"RON PAUL REPUBLICANS TAKING OVER MARYLAND. Yesterday, Marylanders nominated 4 Ron Paul Republicans for Congress in an unprecedented Republican primary race. Maryland has a total of 8 congressional districts. In Maryland's Second Congressional District, Richard Pryce Matthews won the Republican nomination unopposed, with 100% of the vote. In Maryland's Fourth Congressional District, Peter James won in a 4-man race with 38.7% of the vote. In Maryland's Fifth Congressional District, Collins Bailey won in a 3-man race with 45.7% of the vote. And in Maryland's Seventh Congressional District, Michael Hargadon stomped out his primary opponent with 73.5% of the vote."

captainelectron
02-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Is really a certificate of monopoly system. Where I live, the only hospital enjoys a monopoly and jacks prices while reducing quality. About 12 years ago, a hospital organization tried to build in a location that was more central to the population and transportation systems, but unfortunately, the CON program was used to stop them so that we would remain captive to the existing monopolists.

Now, we are winning the battle for health care freedom. A new wind is blowing! Thanks Ron Paul!

Alaska Certificate of Need Program Anchorage Article (http://www.adn.com/legislature/story/314759.html)
Alaska Certificate of Need Program -- Juneau Article (http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/012408/sta_239774424.shtml)

hrdman2luv
02-14-2008, 04:35 PM

I have often thought of that. But I don't know what kind of work I could do. I'm a trucker, who is used to driving on dry "NON-ICY" roads. I'd probably kill someone.
LOL...........

But wait, If NAFTA isn't repealed, then the Mexicans will be driving up there for about half of what I would do it for.
I guess they do jobs that americans wont do after all. LMAO.

captainelectron
02-14-2008, 04:36 PM
I wish I could share everything here, but we are making many inroads into the old, corrupt, business as usual politics in Alaska. Some of our stuff will remain quiet for now, but just so you know, we started working our hardest after the Presidential primary.

In the districts I worked, we decided to get off of our asses and do something on Thursday for the district elections on Saturday. In two days, we were only able to contact a fraction of our potential support, but we still made a huge difference.

Cowlesy
03-09-2008, 12:47 PM
bump

AFM
03-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Did you just bump a stickied thread?

Flash
03-09-2008, 02:22 PM
bump

Cowlesy
03-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Did you just bump a stickied thread?

Bumping it gets it back in the New Posts queue.

Maybe I should have wrote "Bump back into new posts queue"

captainelectron
03-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Is really a certificate of monopoly system. Where I live, the only hospital enjoys a monopoly and jacks prices while reducing quality. About 12 years ago, a hospital organization tried to build in a location that was more central to the population and transportation systems, but unfortunately, the CON program was used to stop them so that we would remain captive to the existing monopolists.

Now, we are winning the battle for health care freedom. A new wind is blowing! Thanks Ron Paul!

Alaska Certificate of Need Program Anchorage Article (http://www.adn.com/legislature/story/314759.html)
Alaska Certificate of Need Program -- Juneau Article (http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/012408/sta_239774424.shtml)

With the Republican state convention over, I should note that we passed a resolution against the Certificate of Need program.

seapilot
03-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Also passed was this resolution:

We resolve to support the abolishment of the IRS and the repeal of the 16th Amendment to the US constitution, and the elimination of the personal income tax, inheritance tax, gift tax and capital gains tax.

Opulen
03-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Keep up the spirit guys!!

seapilot
03-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Also changed: Oppose legalization of Marijuana/Hemp. The word "Hemp" was sucessfully removed so it now says: We oppose legalization of Marijuana.

There was some heated discussion at the convention over this change but it was adopted.

Also adopted was to Support the dismantaling of the Department of Education. There was little resistance to this resolution.

Also adopted was the new plank to oppose the Patriot Act, Real ID act, HOme grown terrorism Act.

Last but not least passed was a resolution for the Alaska GOP to support Ron Paul speaking at the national convention.

None of these would have passed had the RP revolutionaries not become delegates and attended the state convention.

rvl
03-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Very interesting!

Gadsden Flag
03-29-2008, 02:49 PM
This is how to really make changed in the party! Get involved. It's way more than just voting!

Do you realize that you guys managed to really improve the Alaskan GOP charter by participating? Good job!

kirkblitz
04-04-2008, 06:36 AM
i bet they wont put that on the site