PDA

View Full Version : SHOW THE GOP YOUR OPPOSITION TO THE NOMINATION OF JOHN McCAIN

Heather in WI
02-09-2008, 05:52 PM
The Republican National Committee needs to know that BOTH you as an individual, AND your local GOP organization, DO NOT SUPPORT JOHN McCAIN as the 2008 Presidential nominee.

Go to http://nowaymccain.com/ to download PDF files of:

1) A resolution for you as an individual to sign and mail in to the leadership of the National Republican Party, the leadership of your state Republican Party, and all of the elected Republican officials who represent whatever area you live in. Elected officials will be extremely hesitant to 'toe the party line' and endorse McCain if they think that there will be any backlash against them personally.

2) A resolution for your local GOP organization to pass. Ideally, we can send passed resolutions to the media to spread the word that McCain does NOT represent conservative principles!!!

Bruehound
02-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I'll give this a bump

Heather in WI
02-09-2008, 06:13 PM
FYI, The resolution for your local GOP party says

-----------------------------------------------------

WHEREAS the Republican Party is founded upon the conservative political philosophy derived from the principle that individuals are endowed not by the government, but by the Creator, with certain unalienable rights; and

WHEREAS the Constitution of the United States is designed to guarantee the unfettered exercise of those rights by strictly limiting the power of government, whose authority is derived only from the consent of the governed; and

WHEREAS the Principles of Conservatism promote Liberty, Prosperity, and Individual Freedom; and

WHEREAS the leading presidential candidate for the Republican Party, Senator John McCain, has consistently demonstrated a record of public service counter to the philosophy and principles of conservatism and the Republican Party as evidenced by the following facts:

1. He has a consistent pattern of shocking verbal abuse, including screaming profanities, against Senate Republican colleagues who oppose his bills in any way; and

2. He has exercised scandalously poor judgment by intervening with the federal regulators on behalf of Charles H. Keating, Jr. in the Savings and Loan Crisis of the 1980s; and

3. He has worked against the principles of the Republican Party, promoting greatly expanding federal regulatory authority in order to combat global warming in ways that would greatly burden the American economy, contrary to free market forces; and

5. He has fought the Republican Party to create the Patient’s Bill of Rights, which allowed the government to impose a set of burdensome mandates on insurance coverage; and

4. He has undermined the principles of a free market economy by voting for an amendment that would authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to implement price controls on prescription drugs under Medicare; and

6. He has worked against the Republican Party to make a mockery of the rule of law, promoting amnesty for 20 million illegal immigrants; and

7. He has voted to subvert American Sovereignty by granting consulting rights to Mexico concerning the erection of a southern border fence; and

8. He has undermined the Constitution and opposed the Constitutional duties of the Vice President to break a tie on judicial nominations; and

9. He has worked against Conservative principles, undermining the First Amendment by abridging the free speech of citizens partaking in the political process; and

10. He has consistently led efforts undermining Second Amendment rights by promoting bills which regulate all sales at gun shows; regulations which force gun-owners to purchase trigger locks, making their firearms useless for self-defense; regulations which restrict the legitimate transfer of firearms over the internet; and regulations which extend the restrictions of the Brady bill to pawn shops and gun repair shops; and

11. He has voted to use taxpayer funds to harvest stem cells from human embryos; and

12. He has refused to take immediate and direct action to protect the life of the unborn; he opposes the repeal of Roe v. Wade; and he opposes a constitutional amendment to protect all human life; and

13. He sponsored and voted for a 282% tax increase on cigarettes that would have unconstitutionally violated the First Amendment and increased the size of the federal bureaucracy exponentially by giving the FDA unrestricted control over nicotine; and

14. He supports raising Social Security taxes; and

15. He has broken with the Republican Party in strongly opposing President Bush's tax cuts in 2001 and 2003. He also joined leading liberal senators in offering and voting for amendments designed to undermine the tax cuts,

THEREFORE LET IT BE RESOLVED that the Republican Party of ________________ opposes any effort to promote, support, or endorse Senator John McCain as the Republican nominee; and

LET IT BE FURTHER RESOLVED that the Republican Party of ________________ will only support candidates who promote the philosophy and principles of conservatism in government; who promote smaller government, fiscal discipline, and greater economic and personal freedoms; and whose records of public service are evidence of their principled beliefs.
------------------------------------------------------

Heather in WI
02-09-2008, 06:16 PM
The individual resolution states

---------------------------------------------------

WHEREAS the Republican Party is founded upon the conservative political philosophy derived from the principle that individuals are endowed not by the government, but by the Creator, with certain unalienable rights; and

WHEREAS the Constitution of the United States is designed to guarantee the unfettered exercise of those rights by strictly limiting the power of government, whose authority is derived only from the consent of the governed; and

WHEREAS the Principles of Conservatism promote Liberty, Prosperity, and Individual Freedom; and

WHEREAS the leading presidential candidate for the Republican Party, Senator John McCain, has consistently demonstrated a record of public service counter to the philosophy and principles of conservatism and the Republican Party as evidenced by the following facts:

1. He has a consistent pattern of shocking verbal abuse, including screaming profanities, against Senate Republican colleagues who oppose his bills in any way; and

2. He has exercised scandalously poor judgment by intervening with the federal regulators on behalf of Charles H. Keating, Jr. in the Savings and Loan Crisis of the 1980s; and

3. He has worked against the principles of the Republican Party, promoting greatly expanding federal regulatory authority in order to combat global warming in ways that would greatly burden the American economy, contrary to free market forces; and

4. He has fought the Republican Party to create the Patients Bill of Rights, which allowed the government to impose a set of burdensome mandates on insurance coverage; and

5. He has undermined the principles of a free market economy by voting for an amendment that would authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to implement price controls on prescription drugs under Medicare; and

6. He has worked against the Republican Party to make a mockery of the rule of law, promoting amnesty for 20 million illegal immigrants; and

7. He has voted to subvert American Sovereignty by granting consulting rights to Mexico concerning the erection of a southern border fence; and

8. He has undermined the Constitution and opposed the Constitutional duties of the Vice President to break a tie on judicial nominations; and

9. He has worked against Conservative principles, undermining the First Amendment by abridging the free speech of citizens partaking in the political process; and

10. He has consistently led efforts undermining Second Amendment rights by promoting bills which regulate all sales at gun shows; regulations which force gun-owners to purchase trigger locks, making their firearms useless for self-defense; regulations which restrict the legitimate transfer of firearms over the internet; and regulations which extend the restrictions of the Brady bill to pawn shops and gun repair shops; and

11. He has voted to use taxpayer funds to harvest stem cells from human embryos; and

12. He has refused to take immediate and direct action to protect the life of the unborn; he opposes the repeal of Roe v. Wade; and he opposes a constitutional amendment to protect all human life; and

13. He sponsored and voted for a 282% tax increase on cigarettes that would have unconstitutionally violated the First Amendment and increased the size of the federal bureaucracy exponentially by giving the FDA unrestricted control over nicotine; and

14. He supports raising Social Security taxes; and

15. He has broken with the Republican Party in strongly opposing President Bush's tax cuts in 2001 and 2003. He also joined leading liberal senators in offering and voting for amendments designed to undermine the tax cuts,

THEREFORE LET IT BE RESOLVED that I, _________________, as a Republican voter, oppose any effort to promote, support, or endorse Senator John McCain as the Republican nominee; and

LET IT BE FURTHER RESOLVED that I, _____________________, as a Republican voter, will only support candidates who promote the philosophy and principles of conservatism in government; who promote smaller government, fiscal discipline, and greater economic and personal freedoms; and whose records of public service are evidence of their principled beliefs.

---------------------------------------------------

Feelgood
02-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I wonder if anyone in the GOP had any idea, McCain is a polarizing to the Republicans as Hillary is to the Democrats? :D

MsDoodahs
02-09-2008, 07:17 PM
If they didn't, they will soon.

:D:D

Stacey S
02-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Just got done preparing 10 letters to the local GOP in New Jersey. My own district is all Democrat. I will post this website on my meet up message board, and send more letters out tomorrow to the National GOP HQ. Thanks for this information.

fFWDiBNm
02-09-2008, 10:07 PM

LiveFreeorDie
02-09-2008, 10:24 PM
He lost my vote with his AMNESTY bill

I would never ever vote for him

Publius Freeman
02-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Checkout http://gopteaparty.com

"Republican Tea Party
PLEDGE

I __________________________________, do solemnly pledge that I will NOT EVER vote for John McCain. He is a deceiver masquerading as a "principled" conservative. His consistent readiness to "reach across the aisle" to the Democrats is because he's more comfortable on the Left...

McCain has sided with the Left on most key issues: His immigration position is further left than many Liberals. He joined with Ted Kennedy to sponsor an amnesty bill for illegal aliens. He voted to give social security dollars to illegal aliens. His Hispanic Outreach Director, Juan Hernandez, is a former Mexican government official who holds dual American-Mexican citizenship. Hernandez is widely known for his "Mexico First" declarations.

McCain opposed a federal gay-marriage ban in 2005. He has flip-flopped several times on abortion, and is a strong advocate of federally funding research on aborted fetuses. In the San Francisco Chronicle (8/20/99) McCain sided with pro-abortionist, suggesting that overturning Roe v. Wade would lead to illegal abortions.

On campaign-finance reform, the McCain-Feingold Campaign Reform Act was one of the more left-wing acts of Congress in the past twenty years. The act, which placed blatant restrictions on political speech, passed with overwhelming Democrat support.

On religion, McCain has been no lover of Christians. In 2000, he called key religious leaders "agents of intolerance." Later he defended his vilification of Christians when he said, "I must not and will not retract anything that I said in that speech." McCain added that his statement was "carefully crafted, it was carefully thought out."

McCain voted in favor affirmative action and a bill setting up quotas for women and minorities and joined with the Left on some gun control issues.

In 1992, McCain joined with his leftist democrat friend Sen. John Kerry to sell out the American servicemen known to have been alive in hands of the communist Vietnamese during the Vietnam War (they were never returned or accounted for) by providing political cover for President Bill Clinton to normalized trade and diplomatic relations with Vietnam.

In 2001, McCain considered abandoning the Republican Party to join the democrats. In 2004, he attacked the Swift Boat Vets, claiming their criticism of presidential candidate John Kerry was "dishonest and dishonorable." That same year, McCain considered an offer to join Kerry as his Vice President nominee.

By signing this pledge I, do hereby, refuse to buy into the ridiculous argument that conservatives must unite behind the liberal McCain to keep liberals out of the White House"

RP2008!

MsDoodahs
02-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Bump!

Lord Xar
02-10-2008, 12:46 AM
CONTACT

REPUBLICAN MEETUPS AND GET THEM ON BOARD WITH THIS TOO!!!

There are a TON of these meetups. In every town, there are Republican/townhall meetups.

Airborn
02-10-2008, 12:46 AM
sign the petition in my sig

gerryb
02-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Sticky This Already!

MsDoodahs
02-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Okay! :)

JWZguy
02-10-2008, 02:13 AM
I wonder if anyone in the GOP had any idea, McCain is a polarizing to the Republicans as Hillary is to the Democrats? :D

Well, the democrats voting for McCain in the open primaries definitely had an idea.

gerryb
02-10-2008, 05:43 AM
Well, the democrats voting for McCain in the open primaries definitely had an idea.

QFT

kigol
02-11-2008, 12:05 AM
amen.

TheMadCow
02-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Submitted and mailed to local and state headquarters in California by the wife and myself. We deleted line items #11 #12 & #13.

CelestialRender
02-11-2008, 04:25 AM
Awesome idea.

MikeSmith
02-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Someone post this at hucksarmy.com if it hasn't been done already

paul386
02-11-2008, 01:49 PM
How do I find my local GOP information to send this to them. I am in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Heather in WI
02-11-2008, 02:28 PM
How do I find my local GOP information to send this to them. I am in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Hi! You can try here:

Republican Party of Florida
http://www.rpof.org/local.php

paul386
02-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi! You can try here:

Republican Party of Florida
http://www.rpof.org/local.php

I figured that was correct. Should I send it to the RPOF or my county GOP or both?

Heather in WI
02-11-2008, 03:03 PM
I figured that was correct. Should I send it to the RPOF or my county GOP or both?

LOL, I sent it to everyone elected Republican that I could think of!!! Even President Bush! :D:):D

{grin} Whitehouse fax: 202-456-2461

roguepatriot
02-12-2008, 12:28 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five

mysticgeek
02-12-2008, 02:23 PM
BUMP! Because I dig this idea! Much more effective than email imho...

BillyDkid
02-21-2008, 11:15 AM
In truth, I don't care who the GOP nominates since I will support no one except Dr. Paul. My question is this, if, magically, we eliminate McCain, does Huckabee automatically become the nominee? I will gladly join in defeating McCain so long as it opens the door for Dr. Paul and doesn't just make Huckabee the presumptive nominee. There is only one person I could possibly support for President and that is my hero Dr. Paul.

BillyDkid
02-21-2008, 11:17 AM
I realize many didn't see it, but why didn't anyone jump on my idea of a petition to the GOP saying we would support no one except Dr. Paul? It got the cold shoulder in here and I just don't understand it. It seems to me we could have gotten 10's of thousands of signatures which certainly would have gotten someone's attention. This was just after super tuesday so maybe everybody was just too bummed.

Tidewise
02-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Uhhh ... how does one "repeal" Roe v. Wade? If by this you mean he has refused to support the nominations of judges that are strict constitutionalists, then ... oh.

My point being that when we say things like "repeal Roe v. Wade" we demonstrate our ignorance.

joeu
02-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Help crimp McCain's campaign in Ohio - www.stop-mccain-in-ohio.com

Time is short Donate TODAY.

contact jureneck@comcast.net for more info.

gerryb
02-27-2008, 11:58 PM
This resolution is going over well on a Huckabee Meetup. Surprisingly I haven't seen a purely negative thread on McCain from them until this past week. Once I saw it, I sent a new message with this resolution =)

There is some opposition to some lines, but it has started a debate.

Here is a quote:
"Wait a minute Jed; I happen to agree with the resolution. While Mike Huckabee can't bolt the party, we can, and frankly, I think we should! A man like John McCain does not represent my views any more than Barak Obama, and if Obama is elected, at least we'll get our party back. And I am fed up with liberal Republicans who walk all over us, and then raise the specter of the liberal "boogeyman." Concededly, they had a perfect "boogeyperson" this year, but anybody who beats Hillary can't be all bad in my book.
My vote does NOT belong to John McCain; and for my dollar's worth, I wish Pat Buchanan had waited until 2008 to run as an independent!"

Laja
02-28-2008, 12:16 AM

Of course they know. They're throwing the race to the Dems. There's some kind of bargain or blackmail or promise or....

They're not stupid. They know McCain is a loser. We need to realize that they're doing this for a reason.

SteveMartin
03-01-2008, 12:56 PM
I just got back from our monthly Aroostook County Republican meeting, and I brought up a resolution calling on the State GOP to not support McCain as the nominee for the State of Maine under any circumstances.

The text of the resolution as presented was taken right from these forums:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=117164

There was a great deal of resistance from our county chairman (a college senior appointed by the state party) and a former gubernatorial candidate. They agreed that McCain was a horrible choice but cited Ronald Reagan's "11th Commandment": "Thou shalt speak no ill of they fellow 'Republican.'"

After spirited debate, and a few amendments, the meat of the resolution passed 8-1 with 3 abstentions. Voting with us in the end was the former gubernatorial candidate who is on the state committee and who helped draft the final version.

I also presented resolutions calling on Senator Susan Collins (our senator) to withdraw her horrendous bill, S.1959, and also suggested changes to the state party platform to put it more in line with the founders' vision, especially v.v. foreign policy.

Unfortunately, those two had to be tabled because we spent so much time on the McCain Resolution, but I thought I'd share that with you all.

peters
03-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Is there anywhere a counter, or something, that shows how many people have signed one of those non-McCain-voting declarations? A live counter of donations has been a substantial bonus to the campaign; similarly, showing that tens of thousands of Republicans, hundreds of local groups, etc., may prove to all doubters that this is a serious effort, and make it easier for others to support it.

(Apologies in advance if secrecy is a part of the plan. It's just to see here a couple of websites and personal reports, but no indication how it works on the large scale.)

SteveMartin
03-03-2008, 08:06 PM
We need something, Peters. I agree.

Knightskye
05-01-2008, 01:28 PM
So, we print it out, sign it, and mail it to the RNC?

LittleLightShining
05-01-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm printing mine now and bringing it with me to my town committee meeting Saturday. I'm also forwarding it to my meetup, however many of the participants in my group aren't Republicans.

Nena
05-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Guys,

If we face reality then we're dealing with the possibility of any one of these three big-government presidential candidates come next year... Who will it be?

I will tell you that the one thing that Paul and McCain agree on is judges. Please remember that whoever is voted into office will have the opportunity to nominate many federal judges for a lifetime appointment in federal court. The alternative to the kinds of judges that Paul and McCain would AGREE on are the kinds of judges that gave us affirmative action, unconstitutionally decided Roe v. Wade, hate crimes, and more. We need conservative judges who do not legislate from the bench, but instead read the constitution and examine the laws and the cases not from a moral standpoint, but from a neutral judicial standpoint of defending the laws put into place by Congress. It is not up to judges to make the laws, period! The judicial branch is crucial to the functions of the federal government and maintaining the republic, and if you realize the importance of the president in the role of judicial appointments, you can support Ron Paul yet vote for John McCain as the better of two evils in the general election!

georgiaboy
05-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Guys,

If we face reality then we're dealing with the possibility of any one of these three big-government presidential candidates come next year... Who will it be?

I will tell you that the one thing that Paul and McCain agree on is judges. Please remember that whoever is voted into office will have the opportunity to nominate many federal judges for a lifetime appointment in federal court. The alternative to the kinds of judges that Paul and McCain would AGREE on are the kinds of judges that gave us affirmative action, unconstitutionally decided Roe v. Wade, hate crimes, and more. We need conservative judges who do not legislate from the bench, but instead read the constitution and examine the laws and the cases not from a moral standpoint, but from a neutral judicial standpoint of defending the laws put into place by Congress. It is not up to judges to make the laws, period! The judicial branch is crucial to the functions of the federal government and maintaining the republic, and if you realize the importance of the president in the role of judicial appointments, you can support Ron Paul yet vote for John McCain as the better of two evils in the general election!

There is no reason in hell to believe that John McCain's judicial appointments would be any different than Clinton's or Obama's, based on his unwavering desire to 'reach across the aisle'.

He doesn't look for conservative in anything else he supports - why would he do so with judicial appointments?

Absurd.

SteveMartin
05-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Agreed, GeorgiaBoy. He will stab us in the back in every conceivable way, venue, and opportunity.

MMolloy
05-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Guys,

This will be the ludicrous line they will try and sell from now until November

There is no reason in hell to believe that John McCain's judicial appointments would be any different than Clinton's or Obama's, based on his unwavering desire to 'reach across the aisle'.

He doesn't look for conservative in anything else he supports - why would he do so with judicial appointments?

Absurd.

I actually think you understate it Georgiaboy, I think he has the potential to put worse justices on the bench than either Hillary or Obama... at least the Republicans in the Senate would oppose their "legislating from the bench" appointments

RonPaulFever
05-09-2008, 11:07 PM
LOL.....is this NenaBartlett actually shilling for McCain at RON PAUL FORUMS?