PDA

View Full Version : Just got back..... Didn't look good

Agent CSL
02-09-2008, 05:50 PM
I just got back from the Snohomish Masonic precincts. Our chairperson looked and sounded just like McCain. Seriously. It was like twilight zone.

Anyway. Wasn't a big turnout. Maybe 40 people at the most. I was elected a delegate. We also filled out a questionaire where one of the issues was "Should the republicans fight the North American Union?" -- CONSPIRACY THEORY WHAT?.... I will post a picture I took of it. Anyways. There was huge support for Huckabee and Romney. I was the only vocal Ron Paul supporter, but I feel that I converted some people. There might have been some silent RP delegates, I'm not sure. The important thing - I am a delegate.

I decided to leave before the final count because I've been going since yesterday without sleep and food and I'm amazed I haven't passed out yet, but I felt like I was going to near the end there...

There was a lady who was breaking down in tears because she was voted a delegate and didn't know what to do. I felt bad for her but I was like "wtf why did you nominate yourself?"

Edit: I didn't actually say that.

libertythor
02-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Reach out to that lady.

I just got back from the Snohomish Masonic precincts. Our chairperson looked and sounded just like McCain. Seriously. It was like twilight zone.

Anyway. Wasn't a big turnout. Maybe 40 people at the most. I was elected a delegate. We also filled out a questionaire where one of the issues was "Should the republicans fight the North American Union?" -- CONSPIRACY THEORY WHAT?.... I will post a picture I took of it. Anyways. There was huge support for Huckabee and Romney. I was the only vocal Ron Paul supporter, but I feel that I converted some people. There might have been some silent RP delegates, I'm not sure. The important thing - I am a delegate.

I decided to leave before the final count because I've been going since yesterday without sleep and food and I'm amazed I haven't passed out yet, but I felt like I was going to near the end there...

There was a lady who was breaking down in tears because she was voted a delegate and didn't know what to do. I felt bad for her but I was like "wtf why did you nominate yourself?"

Electrostatic
02-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Reach out to that lady.

I second that.

Agent CSL
02-09-2008, 05:56 PM
I will at the county event if I can find her. :)

fabijo
02-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Good deal. It's great to hear all these stories of RP supporters becoming delegates.

fabijo
02-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Washington delegates are "morally bound", not legally bound.

vvolf27
02-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I hear ya on the no sleep issue. I have been up for 28 hours. I worked last night and work gain tonight. But my Pool of precincts won 4 delegates of which I am one of them. The other 3 were RP supports. Fight the good fight!!!

Staupostek
02-09-2008, 05:59 PM
It may not be the candidates that gets her in the end. It may be you helping her out in her moment of need. People tend to remember those kindnesses.

RlxdN10sity
02-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Good job man!

Doktor_Jeep
02-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Hey CSL
I was at a Snoho Caucus today representing for High Rock.
There were 5 of us, and 4 were Paul supporters.
The one McCain supporter with us claimed to be a lawyer - had a Harvard ring on his finger. Conspiracy? Who knows.

We had a large stack of slim jims out and a ton of donuts.

RWill
02-10-2008, 04:08 AM
... We also filled out a questionaire where one of the issues was "Should the republicans fight the North American Union?" ...

It is good to see what was once considered a conspiracy theory during an early Ron Paul debate become a public issue. The wackos in Texas who had their land taken from them aren't cooks after all.

I mention the privately owned FR and the NAU to everyone.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

tomveil
02-10-2008, 05:21 AM

Edit: I didn't actually say that.

Great job today :)