PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from WA Caucus

dagnybell
02-09-2008, 05:18 PM
I was chosen as a delegate and the vote for Ron Paul was unanimous in my precinct (there were three of us - all for Ron Paul). Woo hoo!

My caucus was for the Ballard area. There was a good turn out overall and I think that Ron Paul was very well represented. They didn't do a straw poll however, so I don't know for sure. I did talk to a lot of other people there though and it seemed like every other person I spoke to (or more) were for Ron Paul! There were a lot of precincts that had no one show up, but there were many where the only person who showed up was for Ron Paul.

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 05:19 PM
I was chosen as a delegate and the vote for Ron Paul was unanimous in my precinct (there were three of us - all for Ron Paul). Woo hoo!

My caucus was for the Ballard area. There was a good turn out overall and I think that Ron Paul was very well represented. They didn't do a straw poll however, so I don't know for sure. I did talk to a lot of other people there though and it seemed like every other person I spoke to (or more) were for Ron Paul! There were a lot of precincts that had no one show up, but there were many where the only person who showed up was for Ron Paul.

No straw poll?

dagnybell
02-09-2008, 05:22 PM
No straw poll?

No - I asked if they were going to do one and they said no they were just going to caucus in each individual precinct. It seemed pretty disorganized overall.

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 05:27 PM
No - I asked if they were going to do one and they said no they were just going to caucus in each individual precinct. It seemed pretty disorganized overall.

I don't get what the media will report then. It sounds fishy.

dagnybell
02-09-2008, 05:29 PM
They said the results would be tallied and the results released to the press this evening by the district GOP. So, the results released will be actual delegates awarded instead of the results of a straw poll.

Zak
02-09-2008, 05:29 PM
When we signed in, we stated which candidate we supported, they will probably tally those.

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 05:30 PM
They said the results would be tallied and the results released to the press this evening by the district GOP. So, the results released will be actual delegates awarded instead of the results of a straw poll.

Did you write down that you were a Ron Paul supporter on your delegate form?

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 05:32 PM
When we signed in, we stated which candidate we supported, they will probably tally those.

Oh ok, thanks. It's different from my caucus experience.

I know delegates are important but a win in a preference/straw poll can really show the media that Paul is not a fringe canidate by any means.

t3rmin
02-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Just got back myself.

My wife and I filled the two delegate slots. We were the only ones to show up as well.

No straw poll with us either. I imagine they'll use those sign-in sheets with presidential preferences listed.

Poltiical_Rebel
02-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Well I went around with another Ron Paul supporter trying to get the word out to people to go with his positions and such, there were some Hucakbee supporters there too, alot of undecided voters. This was in the Bremerton area.

dagnybell
02-09-2008, 05:45 PM

I do think that this is how they will tally the vote.

There were some Romney supporters there who said they were still going to vote for Romney.

I also spoke to one Huckabee supporter who said that he thought "Ron has a lot of good point, but I'm not with him on the war". We ended up speaking for a while and it turns out that he didn't know much at all about Ron Paul and ending up saying that he wished he had talked to me before he wrote down his presidential preference on the form. I reminded him that he can vote for whomever he chooses when he gets to the convention and recommended that he go home and look into Ron Paul some more. :)

JK/SEA
02-09-2008, 05:47 PM

yep, same with my caucus in Granite Falls. I put RON PAUL, along with son and wife.

No straw poll. Not really needed..

Poll chairman said they will tally up those sign in sheets with preference's and call in to State GOP.

Sounds fair to me. There were quite a few Paul people there, and when they started counting i stayed to make sure everything was going good. No muss no fuss.

walter
02-09-2008, 06:00 PM
This is WHY the electoral college was set up! To prevent ignorant sheeple from electing bozos! We WILL win this people! We are taking over the GOP! I am in another state than WA, but we are filling ALL the delegate spots! The other candidates supporters are too lazy or just don't know how it works, I didn't know much before Paul came along! EVERYONE, no matter where you are, just keep filling delegate spots, go as high as you can, to State and National level if you can, we will all meet and nominate Ron Paul soon. We can pull off the most surprising upset in the history of this nation! Now, go become a delegate!

hueylong
02-09-2008, 06:03 PM
The electoral college? That has nothing to do with this...

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Its similar. The voters elect the Electors who then vote for the President.

bucfish
02-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Yep that is why popular vote was so dangerous for should anyone get control of the media than the government would be a propaganda machine. Hmmm.

Cascadian
02-09-2008, 06:37 PM
See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1230298#post1230298

oldjersey
02-09-2008, 07:20 PM
The sign up sheet IS the straw poll, that is why they had the presidential preference field on the sheet.