9:00 - 9:20 am - Precinct Meetings

9:30 - County Convention

11:00 am - Gubernatorial Debate

UNC - Charlotte
McKnight Hall in Cone University Center
on University Road

MozoVote
02-10-2008, 11:27 AM
I just bought a house this week in a new precint. I've already turned in my change of address form to the Meck BOE... hopefully this doesn't create a problem when I attend for my new precint. (I will hang on to my original registration card from my old one, in case I'm challenged on not "registering Republican" early enough.)

Cooter
02-12-2008, 06:48 PM
i live in meck county precinct 202. there were already two precinct leaders so i signed up for 208 cause it didnt have any and its also in my town.

only problem is i changed my registration last year from rep to unifiliated. i just changed it back to help ron paul, but it was too late.

can i even go to the convention?

rancher89
02-13-2008, 09:27 AM
you can probably go--not sure, but you won't be able to be a delegate or vote on delgates

rancher89
02-13-2008, 09:27 AM
BUT District 12 still has not be scheduled!!

Meck GOP Pct Meetings, County Convention and Debate
March 8 @ 8:00 AM — March 8 @ 12:00 PM
(Upcoming Events)

Mecklenburg Republican Party

Precinct Meetings
County Convention and
Gubernatorial Debate

Saturday, March 8, 2008

8:00 - 8:45 am - Registration
Registration will close promptly at 8:45 am

9:00 - 9:20 am - Precinct Meetings

9:30 - County Convention

11:00 am - Gubernatorial Debate

UNC - Charlotte
McKnight Hall in Cone University Center
on University Road

rancher89
02-13-2008, 08:48 PM
District 12 is on April 12th, no other information available......

Penners
02-17-2008, 01:08 PM
MECKLENBURG COUNTY ABSENTEE FORM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR DELEGATE POSITION!

http://www.meckgop.com/uploads/2008%20Pct%20Form%20Ltr.pdf

MozoVote
03-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Well it wasn't too hard to be a delegate in Mecklenburg county. Just go to the table for precints X through Y, find the folder for your precint, and add your name. It was basically first come first served, and halfway through the registration I was still the only delegate for my precinct, before I went mingling.

The (non-binding) vote for national presidential delegates was pretty much a given - since it was Lee Teague the county chairman, being nominated plus another party long-timer.

Still, it was interesting to see that he got around 100 votes in a county of a million. A bowling league could register Republican, and have won the county convention for someone! :-P

In any case, I'm a delegate ... so I can go to the district 9 convention April 12 and see what that is like.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
03-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Well it wasn't too hard to be a delegate in Mecklenburg county. Just go to the table for precints X through Y, find the folder for your precint, and add your name. It was basically first come first served, and halfway through the registration I was still the only delegate for my precinct, before I went mingling.

The (non-binding) vote for national presidential delegates was pretty much a given - since it was Lee Teague the county chairman, being nominated plus another party long-timer.

Still, it was interesting to see that he got around 100 votes in a county of a million. A bowling league could register Republican, and have won the county convention for someone! :-P

In any case, I'm a delegate ... so I can go to the district 9 convention April 12 and see what that is like.

The "non-binding" vote was actually closer than Lee anticipated.

Lee Teague - County Chair - 91
John Anarella - 9th District Chair - 86
Kristina Love - Ron Paul Delegate - 30
Ken Nelson - Precinct 65 Chair - Ron Paul Delegate - 29
Idiot voters (voted for 3 people) - 1

As Mozo said, a bowling league or such could have controlled this convention. There were enough people in meet-ups that would have clinched this. We had a nice turnout, but it could have, and SHOULD HAVE, been a lot better.

Cowlesy
03-08-2008, 04:00 PM
The "non-binding" vote was actually closer than Lee anticipated.

Lee Teague - County Chair - 91
John Anarella - 9th District Chair - 86
Kristina Love - Ron Paul Delegate - 30
Ken Nelson - Precinct 65 Chair - Ron Paul Delegate - 29
Idiot voters (voted for 3 people) - 1

As Mozo said, a bowling league or such could have controlled this convention. There were enough people in meet-ups that would have clinched this. We had a nice turnout, but it could have, and SHOULD HAVE, been a lot better.

I wouldn't ever speak for the lot of true Ron Paul supporters on this board, but thank you for all the hard work you guys are doing!!!!

Never, ever, ever, ever give up! This is great work and a perfect example of why people can't get all frustrated and sit on their hands. People calling it quits right now is simply absurd --- we can make a difference in our party.

Go N.C.!!!!

Penners
03-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Just a quick comment about the Mecklenburg County Convention. I recognized about 15 people from the meetup groups and was pleased to meet a couple of folks from the forums. Since Congresswoman Sue Myrick nominated Lee Teague and John Annarella I was actually pleased that Ken and Kristina got as many votes as they did. Hopefully all of us delegates will be able to go to Greensboro and vote to get Ken and Kristina to the National Convention.

Also, another supporter commented to me that if we had ONE person from every presinct in Meck. Co., we would have OWNED that convention. Oh well, upward and onward!

A late added thought... It was interesting to hear Sue Myrick talk about national sovereignty and the Chinese owning 40% of the national debt. She also recommended the book "Infiltration" by Paul Sperry. (There for a couple of minutes she actually sounded like she might be a RP supporter).

luke-gr
03-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Keep it up, Mecklenburgers! ;)

Melissa
03-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Love these stories we still have our convention to go and use these stories to show why it is so importantto keep fighting with the delegate slots

MozoVote
03-09-2008, 01:34 PM
The convention had about 20 elected GOP party members and active candidates in attendance. Those were untouchable votes. In a sense it was a 70 to 30 vote loss (among the regular people).

The district convention is in Mecklenburg county too, so I would think a good turnout of Paulites could be there. Greensboro {state} will be tougher, but then - it may not be the most compelling situation for the party regulars.

It will be interesting to see how Wake county goes. That sounds like a pretty active Paul Meetup, and they have BJ to rally around.