PDA

View Full Version : How many people could we get at the convention

matthylland
02-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Think of it as the "Grand Finale"

Win or lose....chance or no chance, brokered or not. How many people could we get to Minneapolis at the convention?

Personally, I'm there. We have time to plan this out, and I think we should do it.

Our chance to show that we still support Ron Paul's ideas, and want our voices heard.

100,000 in Minneapolis for Ron Paul! Imagine that many (or more, or less) standing outside the convention. It would not go unnoticed.

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 05:54 PM
I would be down, I wonder how many of those delegates will be our people, cause they will shape the republican party at this convention.

mannycp
02-09-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm in. Like you said, we still have plenty on time to plan this out. We should really do this!!

smileylovesfreedom
02-09-2008, 06:24 PM
I live here. I'll be there. Inside or out.

Keep us in Minnesota in the loop so we can help out with logistics, lodging, helping people get around, etc...

bj72
02-09-2008, 06:27 PM
I've had the same thought. My husband's mom, sister, and lots of extended family are there...we haven't been there in 8 yrs (his mom and sister come to see us...too hard to travel with kids). I discussed it the other night with him, and he was open to it if people decided to march near the convention. We'd have to be certain a lot of people planned on doing it first, as it is expensive to fly out 5 people and get a rental car these days....

I wouldn't call it the "Grand Finale" though....but the start of "Act II" maybe...

gaazn
02-10-2008, 12:08 AM
national meetup in minnesota

RSLudlum
02-10-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm down with that but there might have to be ALOT of carpooling going on if the REAL ID gets pushed through. :(

mannycp
02-11-2008, 08:34 PM
bump

UnitedWeStand
02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
I am planning on going to support him outside or inside.

If we were to win the nomination through a brokered convention, it would really help to have 10,000 visible supporters there to legitimize the nomination and would show that he does indeed have real support and they couldn't paint him as an evil genius that loopholed the nomination.

I even think that the freedom rally should be in St. Paul.

BlueCalico
02-22-2008, 10:47 PM
IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THERE IS A BROKERED CONVENTION! According to GOP Rules, we can overturn the whole thing and DO ANYTHING WE WANT AT THE STATE CONVENTIONS! Then, when we get to the National Convention, we'll have our voices actually HEARD!

Robert's Rules of Order, page 600...

Paul4Prez
05-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Does anyone have an accurate, confirmed count of how many delegates we've already secured, and how many more are likely?

Here are the numbers I've seen, from CNN, the GreenPapers.com, and other sources:

Alaska: 5
Idaho: 5 to 6
Iowa: 2 to 4
Louisiana: 0 to 3
Maine: 0 to 1
Minnesota: 0 to 7
Nevada: 4
North Carolina: 5
North Dakota: 5
Oklahoma: 0 to 1
Oregon: 4
Washington: 0 to 5
West Virginia: 0 to 3

Assuming the high end of all of these, that's 53. Have I missed or overstated any?

libertythor
05-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Assuming the high end of all of these, that's 53. Have I missed or overstated any?

Pennsylvania: 3
Nevada: at least 4, probably 7-8, could end up more

Paul4Prez
06-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Here's a post from my blog showing the best estimates I have seen:

http://paul4prez.blogspot.com/2008/06/ron-paul-primary-season-ends-with-bang.html

Pledged Ron Paul Delegates (33):

Alaska -- 5
Idaho -- 6 (CNN incorrectly has 5 -- any fraction is rounded up by state law.)
Iowa -- 2 (CNN has these but the Green Papers has 4 as unpledged.)
North Carolina -- 5
North Dakota -- 5
Oklahoma -- 1
Oregon -- 4
Washington -- 5 (CNN has these but The Green Papers does not.)

Unpledged Ron Paul Delegates (14):

Iowa -- 2
Maine -- 1
Minnesota -- 7
Nevada -- 4

Other Rumored, Potential, or Stealth Delegates (14):

Louisiana -- 3 (rumored, from January 22nd caucuses)
Missouri -- 3 (rumored, pledged to McCain on 1st ballot)
Pennsylvania -- 5 (rumored, officially unpledged)
West Virginia -- 3 (rumored, deal with Huckabee)

armstrong
06-07-2008, 05:20 PM
I am in from oregon