PDA

View Full Version : What should Ron Paul do next?

noztnac
02-09-2008, 05:02 PM
What should Ron Paul do next?

hvac ak47
02-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Fight for the republican nomination!

Animalm0ther3
02-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Fight for the nomination, but I think Rand Paul should run for congress too.

Paulitical Correctness
02-09-2008, 05:21 PM
God damn you people with the third party shit.

STFU!

theczar1776
02-09-2008, 05:27 PM
there is no way he will get the nom. over mccain, the Neo con base is to much in love with WAR, and besides now that Mitt is gone there will be no brokered convention. period. but mccain v. hillary, give me a break even a someone with their head in their upper rectum can see this is like voting between Stalin and Lenin. but 3rd party, YEAH, 50% JUST DONT FREAKING VOTE give them hope out side the paradigm

hvac ak47
02-09-2008, 05:31 PM
there is no way he will get the nom. over mccain, the Neo con base is to much in love with WAR, and besides now that Mitt is gone there will be no brokered convention. period. but mccain v. hillary, give me a break even a someone with their head in their upper rectum can see this is like voting between Stalin and Lenin. but 3rd party, YEAH, 50% JUST DONT FREAKING VOTE give them hope out side the paradigm

Ron said no!! http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates

Thunderbolt
02-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Get his congressional seat secured.

Animalm0ther3
02-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Well regardless of whether or not Ron runs third party, we're going to have to find a 3rd party candidate to support.

Give me liberty
02-09-2008, 05:36 PM

STFU!

Cant you open your eyes and see that McCain had own the most people:rolleyes:
If ron wants to win he should go to third party, but still he should stay GOP.

Maybe then ron paul might have a chance.

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Trollbait. Ya know two people were banned today for this bullshit. Might be nice to see you take a hike too.

Randy

yongrel
02-09-2008, 05:42 PM
He should ignore this thread.

Give me liberty
02-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Trollbait. Ya know two people were banned today for this bullshit. Might be nice to see you take a hike too.

Randy

I am not a troll

Well so much for freedom of speech on here what has became of Ron paul grassroots:mad:

LEK
02-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Fight for the republican nomination!

+1

fedup100
02-09-2008, 05:49 PM

I do not agree with that. He has a real shot to be the last man standing at that convention. I like Independent, but the way things are going down today, there could still be a brokered convention.

He can win, but it will take our efforts now. We will need to set a money bomb for as soon as possible and load him down with money so he can keep going.

I do have a ray of hope after the email debacle and now the main site saying " oh it was a mistake" or whatever. We must try to rally the grassroots to come back and give. we must try this now because if they have all scattered and are pissed they will not come back a week from now. We need for campaigne to send all an email that refutes the one last night and something with some meat and lots of hope in order for the foot soldiers to go own.

Madison
02-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Independent.

snaFU
02-09-2008, 06:32 PM
The second option is the only sensible one.

DirtMcGirt
02-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Take over the Republican platform... from the grassroots up... county levels to state to federal

Spirit of '76
02-09-2008, 06:38 PM

STFU!

Please ignore noztnac the troll. It has been sending me harrassing PMs, insulting Ron Paul by saying "he has sacrificed nothing" for us and that he owes noztnac a third-party run because "he's been flying around the country on a private jet, getting treated like a rockstar".

Nutzac here is just an ingrate. He has shown nothing but disrespect for Ron and the decisions Ron has made, and he thinks that Ron owes him something just because he's been sitting over there in Korea bitching about things on the internet while Ron has stood up in front of America and thrown down the gauntlet in the face of tyranny.

What a loser...

newnews
02-09-2008, 06:39 PM
can't you just see all the people saying "no third party" telling us to suck it up and vote McCain in Nov?

BARF

Craig_R
02-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Fight for the nomination, but I think Rand Paul should run for congress too.

+1

Spirit of '76
02-09-2008, 06:41 PM
can't you just see all the people saying "no thid party" telling us to suck it up and vote McCain in Nov?

BARF

Ron is saying "no third party", but I doubt he'll tell you to vote for McCain.

I personally don't think Ron should squander the support he's built and give up his Congressional seat for a fruitless third party run, but at the same time I will vote for him in November even if I have to write him in.

hueylong
02-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Bad options on this poll. His congressional seat will basically be decided on March 4th, when the Republican Primary is held.

newnews
02-09-2008, 06:43 PM
how is everyone so sure it will be fruitless?

TruthAtLast
I do not agree with that. He has a real shot to be the last man standing at that convention. I like Independent, but the way things are going down today, there could still be a brokered convention.

He can win, but it will take our efforts now. We will need to set a money bomb for as soon as possible and load him down with money so he can keep going.

I do have a ray of hope after the email debacle and now the main site saying " oh it was a mistake" or whatever. We must try to rally the grassroots to come back and give. we must try this now because if they have all scattered and are pissed they will not come back a week from now. We need for campaigne to send all an email that refutes the one last night and something with some meat and lots of hope in order for the foot soldiers to go own.

that would be great. people are looking for some leadership from HQ.

newnews
look who his opponents would be

Spirit of '76
02-09-2008, 07:02 PM
how is everyone so sure it will be fruitless?

Because the only reason he's gotten as far as he has is that they've been forced to allow him in the Republican debates. If you think the media has ignored him so far, you should see what they do if he tries to run third party.

No one outside the internet will even know.

Feelgood
02-09-2008, 07:11 PM
noztnac ==> added to ignore list

freelance
02-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Cant you open your eyes and see that McCain had own the most people:rolleyes:
If ron wants to win he should go to third party, but still he should stay GOP.

Maybe then ron paul might have a chance.

Could you maybe translate that into English?

FreedomRings
02-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Ron Paul should continue to fight for the Republican nomination. A LOT of things can happen in half a year that could change the situation completely, and even if he doesn't win he can keep getting the message out, preserve his congressional seat, and run again in 2012.

Meanwhile, Rand Paul (Ron's son) should run as an independent, or as the Libertarian Party nominee. So even if Ron Paul doesn't get the Republican nomination, we'll have a third party candidate to support.

RonRules
02-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Go do a campaign/vacation trip to Europe: 1 day in Munich, 1 day in Amsterdam, 1 day in London.

Meet the Paulites in Europe.

Also 1 trip to Calgary, Alberta (very Liberterian like Montana),

and one trip to South Korea (don't know why but it would be cool !)

LibertyRevolution
02-09-2008, 08:05 PM
I do not think that they will let the GOP go to convention. McCain has the nomination in the bag. When huck drops out, you think the media is going to say, oh btw, this is still 2 candidate race. Since I feel that way, and I want to see Ron Paul as President, I must choose option 1.

Spirit of '76
02-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I do not think that they will let the GOP go to convention. McCain has the nomination in the bag. When huck drops out, you think the media is going to say, oh btw, this is still 2 candidate race. Since I feel that way, and I want to see Ron Paul as President, I must choose option 1.

If the media won't even report that Ron is still in the Republican race, what makes you think they'll report it if he files for an independent run?