PDA

View Full Version : Should Dr. Paul's last email effect Maryland's Vote?

pathis
02-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Well, after the latest announcement I've been thinking. Since Maryland is Winner take all should we still vote for RP to show our support, even tho he wont get any delegates or should we try to block McCaine by voting for Huck?

I will still be voting for the Ron Paul Congressman for my district to try and make a change in the Republican Party.

My Hope was that by voting for RP it would show how much national support he had so he would run as 3rd party. That doesnt appear to be an option and now he is just going to focus on his Congressional campaign.

Thoughts?

jblosser
02-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Ron Paul is not out. Don't waste your vote on more of the same crap.

tommyzDad
02-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Make sure you tell your meetUp Group that Ron's not out! Let's not have a repeat of New York, eh?

noztnac
02-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Vote for Ron Paul in the republican primary. Then vote third party in the general election.

Xyrus2
02-09-2008, 06:42 PM
PAUL IS NOT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Vote Ron Paul in both. Write him in.

Whatever you do, do not vote for McCain. You need to make a statement to the GOP.

I did what I could for my precinct. I seemed to have a high concentration of sheeple in my area. They see "Out of Iraq" and they're like "Go away". I thought the military was supposed to support Paul the most. :P

Anyway, this fight isn't over. This is more than just one election.

~X~

nate895
02-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Well, after the latest announcement I've been thinking. Since Maryland is Winner take all should we still vote for RP to show our support, even tho he wont get any delegates or should we try to block McCaine by voting for Huck?

I will still be voting for the Ron Paul Congressman for my district to try and make a change in the Republican Party.

My Hope was that by voting for RP it would show how much national support he had so he would run as 3rd party. That doesnt appear to be an option and now he is just going to focus on his Congressional campaign.

Thoughts?

This is an OK example of strategic voting. If Ron Paul will not win a state, try to not let McCain win it either.

stevedasbach
02-09-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm voting for Ron Paul in Virginia -- period. "Strategic" voting (i.e. for the lesser of evils) is what got us into this mess.

nate895
02-09-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm voting for Ron Paul in Virginia -- period. "Strategic" voting (i.e. for the lesser of evils) is what got us into this mess.

Not in this case because Huckabee will have to win something like 90% of the remaining delegates to lock this thing up, and that isn't possible. If you vote Huckabee in Virginia, consider it a vote for Paul.

pathis
02-09-2008, 09:54 PM
DUde fuck off.

How about this, go fuck yourself, DUde. If you have an opinion then say it. Otherwise STFU.

tekkierich
02-09-2008, 10:22 PM

Thoughts?

Maryland is not a winner take all state. You get three delegates if you win a congressional district. We have high hopes to gain delegates in a few districts. Be sure to vote for all three of your delegates and all three of your alternates.
I recommend printing this (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/maryland/list-of-delegates-alternates/) and taking it to the polls with you.

JK/SEA
02-09-2008, 11:43 PM
If Ron Paul isn't going to win a State, then i suggest if we all vote for Ron then maybe he will.

simple..dontcha think?

--DELEGATE. Precinct: Sleepy Hollow, Snohomish county Washington

Brian in Maryland
02-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Who said he was out?!

My wife, my mother and I, and our neighbors are voting for Dr. Paul.

If he doesn't get the nomination, we will be renouncing our membership in the Republican party, after nearly 30 years. Then we will be writing him in, in the general election!

Political parties should be outlawed.:mad:

Poltiical_Rebel
02-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Goodness sakes, with your primary locations, get the news out about Ron Paul and his stance on the issues! Ask people if they have heard about him! A few minutes separates a vote for McCain from a vote for Paul! Get undecided voters and open minded people! Get other Ron Paul supporters too to do the same!

Paul Revered
02-10-2008, 01:21 AM
I live in Maryland; and I will be voting for Ron Paul on Tuesday. Years ago I made a mistake. I wanted Ross Perot; but was convinced that he couldn't win. If everyone who wanted Perot had voted for him; he would have won. I will never make this mistake again. I will vote with my conscience. It's a vote that I can live with.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Ron Paul has not dropped out. I do not know if Ron Paul can win Maryland but he has more support here than you may think. I know that I will be voting first thing in the morning and will be passing out literature at the polls all day. Not only does he have my vote but he has the vote of my Wife, Mother, Mother in law, two sisters in law, nephew, two brothers in law, one sister and my Wife's Uncle. That is just the family I have brought on board. There will be many many others who I have converted who will be voting. We still have a few days left to go so talk to your family and go after your friends and neighbors and even total strangers. If we all do our part every single day than we can shock the word on Tuesday!

Brodown
02-10-2008, 08:10 AM

Thoughts?

PLEASE GO KILL YOURSELF

Brodown
02-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Ron Is Not Out!!! He Is Going All The Way To The Convention Did You Not Get The Fucking Memo!!! Than The Second One From The Hq After The Bad Media Reporting, Youre For Huck So Get The Fuck....out

acroso
02-10-2008, 08:35 AM
I say vote Huck if it's winner take all..

zadrock
02-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Ron is NOT out and

MD is NOT winner take all

Please delete this thread

Vote Ron Paul

Z

Brodown
02-10-2008, 09:33 AM

Thoughts?

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!! DR. PAUL DID NOT QUIT AND MD IS NOT A WINNER TAKE ALL STATE SO PLEASE GO KILL YOURSELF!!!

pathis
02-10-2008, 01:51 PM
GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!! DR. PAUL DID NOT QUIT AND MD IS NOT A WINNER TAKE ALL STATE SO PLEASE GO KILL YOURSELF!!!

Haha, damn this forum really has tome real tools posting now.

Anyway, the rules are a little confusing. I will still be voting for RP, my OP was to stimulate discussion and not the rantings of idiots. Heres the info from the state GOP site. Ill have to admit Im still a little confused on how its supposed to work:

(a) Each of the delegates to the 2008 Republican National Convention
representing a Congressional District shall be bound to vote for the candidate
for the office of President of the United States who receives the highest
number of votes within the delegate’s Congressional District in the 2008
Maryland Republican Primary Election.

(b) All of the remaining delegates to the 2008 Republican National Convention
shall be bound to vote for the candidate for the office of President of the
United State who receives the highest number of votes in the State of
Maryland in the 2008 Maryland Republican Primary Election.

Sounds like a contradiction to me. Anyone wanna clarify?

tekkierich
02-10-2008, 01:54 PM
24 delegates are bound to vote as their districts vote. 10 delegates are picked at the Maryland State Convention and are bound to vote as the entire State votes

Crickett
02-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Not in this case because Huckabee will have to win something like 90% of the remaining delegates to lock this thing up, and that isn't possible. If you vote Huckabee in Virginia, consider it a vote for Paul.

A vote for Huckabee would not translate into a vote for paul with any translation program you might be using. No matter how you spin it.

Crickett
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I say vote Huck if it's winner take all..

I say vote Huck if it is LOSER take all..