PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary reports from Washington state

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 04:35 PM
preliminary results from one caucaus

http://www.king5.com/news/specials/politics/stories/NW_020908WAB_live_updates_caucus_KS.a6cfcdeb.html
NWCN reporter Wilson Chow sends in preliminary numbers from a straw poll conducted at Clark Co. GOP headquarters in Vancouver. The results are: Huckabee: 33 votes, Paul: 28, McCain: 23, Romney: 16, Hunter: 3.

NWCN reporter Wilson Chow sends in preliminary numbers from a straw poll conducted at Clark Co. GOP headquarters in Vancouver. The results are: Huckabee: 33 votes, Paul: 28, McCain: 23, Romney: 16, Hunter: 3.

Seattle P-I reporters have interviewed some Ron Paul supporters at Nathan Hales' caucus. And there seems to be a large support for Ron Paul in Whatcom County as well, according to Bellingham Herald politics blogger Sam Taylor. He stopped by both GOP and Democratic caucus, and writes: "On the GOP side - there was a huge Ron Paul turnout, it seemed. There was still a Romney supporter in the room handing out buttons, but I heard from a few people he may have been from California (and had Cali plates)"

And on the Democratic side, Taylor says: "Judging by the precincts I saw caucusing, Barack Obama is going to easily sweep the Whatcom County caucuses."

Offical results after 9pm EST
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/350752_caucuses09.html

Starks
02-09-2008, 04:37 PM

http://www.king5.com/news/specials/politics/stories/NW_020908WAB_live_updates_caucus_KS.a6cfcdeb.html

Epic fail.

morerocklesstalk

Romney and Hunter? :eek:

plb
paul #2 ;]

dblee
02-09-2008, 04:38 PM
first, that's a straw poll. second, we only lost by 5 votes. third, many more precincts to come!!!

I'm encouraged, thanks for the info :D Our support in Washington seems strong :)

anewvoice
02-09-2008, 04:38 PM
one caucus? title is a touch misleading, though it does seem many romney votes went to huck

4RP08inKCMO
02-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Those are really good results considering how that county has voted in the past. Here is a little from almighty Wiki:

Clark County typically votes for the Republican Party by small margins. Clark County voted for both George W. Bush and losing Republican Senate candidate George Nethercutt in 2004.

Unlike the Seattle suburbs, Vancouver's suburbs often lean conservative. Battle Ground was the only western Washington suburb to give George W. Bush more than 60 percent of the vote in 2004, besides the extremely affluent Seattle suburb of Hunts Point. Most of northern Clark County also voted heavily for Bush, offsetting some significant victories for John Kerry in Vancouver and the unincorporated communities around it.

Clark County's location in the Portland media market often results in the county voting differently on initiatives than the rest of the state. In addition, unlike the fairly socially liberal Seattle suburbs, Clark County is apt to vote for some types of socially conservative legislation (such as against legalising marijuana), which is seen as not appealing to family voters in the area.

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 04:40 PM
i know its mileading, but its the first results out so i thought id share them.

RevolutionSD
02-09-2008, 04:40 PM
first, that's a straw poll. second, we only lost by 5 votes. third, many more precincts to come!!!

I'm encouraged, thanks for the info :D Our support in Washington seems strong :)

The state of Washington electoral college voted for RONALD REAGAN in 1976, even though the nominee was Ford!

Can anyone explain how they did this?

plb
02-09-2008, 04:41 PM
If we could win just 1 state I would be a happy person =)

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 04:44 PM
mccain is
http://www.badastronomy.com/pix/bablog/2007/reallydoomed.jpg

polexi
02-09-2008, 04:48 PM

Same here, even just ONE state. I would LOVE to see the reactions on every news channel. :D

Rob
02-09-2008, 04:49 PM
The state of Washington electoral college voted for RONALD REAGAN in 1976, even though the nominee was Ford!

The electoral college can do whatever they want. They don't have to listen to the popular vote. The whole electoral college could vote for Ted Kaczynski despite him being in jail and not running for office and then Ted Kaczynski would be the next US president. It rarely does this however there have been cases where it has a occurred. There is actually a specific name for it, but I forget what. This was how the Libertarian Party received its only electoral vote ever.

kirkblitz
i think when state conventions start rolling around mcains 700 delegates will drop to 350 and ours to 600 :D

RevolutionSD
The electoral college can do whatever they want. They don't have to listen to the popular vote. The whole electoral college could vote for Ted Kaczynski despite him being in jail and not running for office and then Ted Kaczynski would be the next US president. It rarely does this however there have been cases where it has a occurred. There is actually a specific name for it, but I forget what. This was how the Libertarian Party received its only electoral vote ever.

Interesting.
Who received an electoral vote as a libertarian?

Molly1
02-09-2008, 04:50 PM

yeah that would be nice.

But beating Mccain is about as sweet as it gets.:)

Don't forget, Huck can be bought out, we can't.

constitutional
02-09-2008, 04:50 PM
mccain is

Huckabee wants to his, you are failing to realize this. McCain is almost dead and then Mike Huckabee gets to be president.

IPSecure
02-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Who in the hell supports Huckster, one of the 'Most Corrupt Politicians of 2007'???

Ayse
02-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Who in the hell supports Huckster, one of the 'Most Corrupt Politicians of 2007'???

The most corrupt religion for the most corrupt Politician

goldstandard
02-09-2008, 05:02 PM

Washington would be nice. So many threads with disinformation today! Seems to me that Huckabees people are infiltrating these forums.:eek:

http://www.linenoiz.com/pics/funny/its_a_conspiracy.jpg

Molly1
02-09-2008, 05:03 PM

Nobody knows this yet.

The MSM hasn't told them.

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Nobody knows this yet.

The MSM hasn't told them.

How could a religious man be corrupt? Impossible!

fedup100
02-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Paul would have won Washington if he had not sent the infamous email last night of all nights. My son was a precinct leader in the Renton area. He said the most avid Paul supporters didn't bother to even show up for the caucus because of that email. Stunning that Paul would sabatoge himself and all of us with that email.

Molly1
mccain is

EEEEEK!:eek:

neocons have lost control.

Why is nobody listening to them?

They are beating it into our heads every night.

:cool::D

kirkblitz
video update at the link i posted in first post.

OMFG HE SAID RON PAUL AND HUCKABEE ARE LEADING!

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 05:07 PM
HUCKABEE SUPPORTER SAYS PAC COMMITES DONT OWN HUCKABEE LOL
mccain says huck doesnt have international experience like mccain
didnt show the rp guy

Molly1
02-09-2008, 05:08 PM

Huck's not a Christian.

He's made that very clear.

You will know them by their fruits.

His big buddy Hagee says Jesus is not the Messiah.

What kind of man lies about having a Theology Degree? :rolleyes:

IPSecure
02-09-2008, 05:09 PM

This is how...
http://www.judicialwatch.org/judicial-watch-announces-list-washington-s-ten-most-wanted-corrupt-politicians-2007

Molly1
02-09-2008, 05:11 PM
video update at the link i posted in first post.

OMFG HE SAID RON PAUL AND HUCKABEE ARE LEADING!

Oh ye of little faith...:D

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 05:12 PM
This is how...
http://www.judicialwatch.org/judicial-watch-announces-list-washington-s-ten-most-wanted-corrupt-politicians-2007

I'm just playing devil's advocate as I imagine it is how most Americans would react.

You would really need to slam these facts into their heads for any chance of it staying in there. Most people don't research the canidates anyways.

No1ButPaul08
02-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Paul would have won Washington if he had not sent the infamous email last night of all nights. My son was a precinct leader in the Renton area. He said the most avid Paul supporters didn't bother to even show up for the caucus because of that email. Stunning that Paul would sabatoge himself and all of us with that email.

He can still win Washington, actually. Washington is rare state where the delegates are not legally bound for any ballots. Just become a delegate and support other RP delegates. A couple of us are creating a web site with all details of WA and states like it.

BTW, this will be immoral, but not illegal. The delegates are, "morally bound," which in no way means, "legally bound"

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 05:14 PM
exit polls
Early LA exit poll highlights

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Some highlights of preliminary data from exit polls conducted for The Associated Press and television networks in the Louisiana presidential primaries Saturday:

DEMOGRAPHICS

Blacks were close to half the Democratic electorate, while nine in 10 Republican primary voters were white. As is typical for presidential primaries, men predominated in the GOP electorate while more women voted in the Democratic contest. Close to one in 10 voters in both primaries were under age 30 and one in four were over age 65.

HURRICANE KATRINA IMPACT

One in seven Democratic voters and about one in 10 Republicans said Hurricane Katrina caused their families severe hardship and they have not recovered. About one in four in both parties said the storm caused severe hardship but they have recovered. Two-thirds of Republicans and a little more than a half of Democrats said Katrina did not cause their family severe hardship. There also were early indications from the exit poll that the northern part of Louisiana was a larger share of the electorate in both parties compared to past primaries, reflecting a population decline in New Orleans and other coastal areas.

ECONOMIC CONCERNS

Given three choices, nearly half of Democratic voters said the economy was the most important issue facing the country. About three in 10 said the war in Iraq and the rest said health care. Nine in 10 Democrats rated the national economy not good or poor.

Given four choices, one in three Republican voters said the economy was the top issue. Each of the other three choices - the war in Iraq, illegal immigration and terrorism - was picked by one in five GOP voters. Half of Republicans viewed the economy positively.

RACE AND GENDER

In the historic Democratic contest to nominate either the first black or first woman for president, about one in five voters said gender was an important factor in their vote and about as many said that about race.

---

From partial samples of 709 Democratic primary voters and 368 Republican primary voters conducted by Edison Media Research and Mitofsky International in 30 precincts across Louisiana on Saturday. Margin of sampling error plus or minus 5 percentage points for the Democratic primary and 6 points for the Republican.

Molly1
02-09-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm just playing devil's advocate as I imagine it is how most Americans would react.

You would really need to slam these facts into their heads for any chance of it staying in there. Most people don't research the canidates anyways.

Don't worry.

The Democrats will. :cool:

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 05:15 PM
oops

wgadget
02-09-2008, 05:16 PM

Fourth, McCain is in THIRD PLACE...LOL. Some frontrunner he turned out to be.

gerryb
02-09-2008, 05:17 PM

I didn't think Ron Paul supporters were that stupid/ignorant... Knock some sense into them!

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 05:18 PM
NEW PRECINCT

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/davidpostman/2008/02/seattle_republicans_already_done.html
The 37th District Republican caucuses are done. There were about 100 people from 140 different precincts. District Chairman Ross Marzolf apologized for initially barring student reporter Charles Cadwallader from the caucus.

Cadwallader said vote totals were not released, but that John McCain clearly had a lot of support. Others had advocates, too, though, he said, including Ron Paul and Alan Keyes.

Here's how the numbers broke down in the 37th. McCain got 37 delegates, Ron Paul, 29; Mike Hucabee 14; Mitt Romney 13; uncommitted six; Fred Thompson, two; and one each for Duncan Hunter and for Keyes.

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 05:19 PM
omg 2nd place all around so that means we might be first since mccain and huck are trading spots

kyleAF
02-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Fingers crossed. It's on you guys, WA!!

Damn, caucuses are actually starting to sound ...fun... in a masochistic sort of way. Or maybe just waiting to hear the results.

wgadget
02-09-2008, 05:27 PM
HUCKABEE SUPPORTER SAYS PAC COMMITES DONT OWN HUCKABEE LOL
mccain says huck doesnt have international experience like mccain
didnt show the rp guy

Yeah, I noticed they didn't show anyone talking about RP...But can you just imagine how INTERESTING it must be to be sitting at one of those little tables talking with your neighbors about RP?

bc2208
02-09-2008, 05:27 PM
BTW, this will be immoral, but not illegal. The delegates are, "morally bound," which in no way means, "legally bound"

Really disappointed about that reaction to the email.

A vote for McCain is immoral. In that respect, voting by choice would be the most moral thing you could do for our country.

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 05:33 PM

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Don't worry.

The Democrats will. :cool:

Yeah I have no doubt about that. I see a slam dunk for anyone against McCain.

SteveMartin
02-09-2008, 05:42 PM
WA may be good news indeed, as the MSM is not reporting results, yet!

Misesian
02-09-2008, 05:46 PM
WA may be good news indeed, as the MSM is not reporting results, yet!

Not exactly, delayed voting results could indicate voter fraud.

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 05:51 PM
i think i read they are reporting actual delegates picked and not votes, that might be whats taking so long

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 06:02 PM
interesting
3:30 p.m. KING 5 reporter Roberta Romero just spoke to first-time caucus participant Frances Spillman, who is 98 years old. Spillman said:

"Franklin Roosevelt was the first president I voted for in 1931 … And I'm here today because my neighbor brought me and I'm very happy to be here … I've always voted. I voted in every election that there's been – I've never missed one."

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Seattle P-I reporters have interviewed some Ron Paul supporters at Nathan Hales' caucus. And there seems to be a large support for Ron Paul in Whatcom County as well, according to Bellingham Herald politics blogger Sam Taylor. He stopped by both GOP and Democratic caucus, and writes: "On the GOP side - there was a huge Ron Paul turnout, it seemed. There was still a Romney supporter in the room handing out buttons, but I heard from a few people he may have been from California (and had Cali plates)"

And on the Democratic side, Taylor says: "Judging by the precincts I saw caucusing, Barack Obama is going to easily sweep the Whatcom County caucuses."

RP OWNAGE

libertythor
02-09-2008, 06:05 PM

Electoral college members can renege! Tony Nathan, the libertarian VP received an electoral vote! The first woman to do so.

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 06:06 PM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/350752_caucuses09.html

offical results after 9pm est

Truth Warrior
02-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Interesting.
Who received an electoral vote as a libertarian?

http://www.theadvocates.org/celebrities/john-hospers.html