PDA

View Full Version : ronpaul2008.com - This Candidate Doesn’t Quit

Phantom
02-09-2008, 04:22 PM
http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates (http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates)

A few news sources are misreporting Ron Paul’s e-mail from last night. The presidential campaign is not ending, not being suspended, and not even drawing down. It’s slimming down and ramping up — with over twenty states having already voted, we’ve shed staff, and we’re concentrating financial and organization resources on the remaining states. We’re going to the convention, and we’re fighting for every vote and every National Delegate along the way.

Republicans do not want John McCain to be their nominee. He has only been able to become the front-runner because the field was so divided and because he’s a media darling. We can see just how unpopular McCain is in the heartland by his performance in the Kansas caucuses today. Kansans resoundingly rejected the Arizona senator (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/02/09/huckabee_wins_kansas_caucus.html), and McCain’s big wins so far have mostly been in blue states — states he won’t win in November if, heaven forbid, he’s the Republican nominee.

Republicans want and need an alternative. Some people think Mike Huckabee provides an alternative to McCain. But Huckabee, who now tries to sound like Ron Paul when he talks about abolishing the IRS, raised taxes in Arkansas and vastly expanded spending in that state when he was its governor. Huckabee is no alternative at all. Ron Paul, on the other hand, has never voted for a tax increase, never voted for an unbalanced budget or for an unconstitutional war or government program.

At stake here is not just the Republican nomination — which McCain still has not locked up — but the future of the Republican Party and, much more importantly, the future of our liberties. We have to organize in every single state, including the ones that have already voted in the primaries and caucuses, to continue the fight to take back the Republican Party and to ensure that Ron Paul’s principles, the principles of Washington and Jefferson, prevail. For the sake of that cause, Ron Paul’s campaign continues, all the way to the convention.

Thunderbolt
02-09-2008, 04:25 PM
You write:
Republicans do not want John McCain to be their nominee.

So then why are they voting for him?

Wells
02-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Fukkin' aye!

"Y'aint seen the last of me, Vince. Not by a long shot! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Phantom
02-09-2008, 04:26 PM
I didn't write anything, I just posted the article from ronpaul2008.com.

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 04:27 PM
open primarys

anewvoice
02-09-2008, 04:28 PM
It's not hard to see why the news sources leapt on this, the e-mail led people to that line of thinking, a draw back. It seems that was an unfortunate misinterpretation by many folks and it's clear the MSM will LEAP on anything they can that suts down this campaign.

For Liberty, For Life

heartless
02-09-2008, 04:29 PM
You write:

Republicans don't vote for him, its the independents that give him the edge, he can swing voters in non-closed primaries. Also people aren't informed of his real stances plus the fact he gets 500X times MSM coverage than Dr. Paul

hvac ak47
You write:

Thats from Ron Paul!

4RP08inKCMO
Hey Starks, you should go post this in the "Welcome RP supporters" thread at HucksArmy. I'd do it but they won't let me join...:(;)

gb13
02-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Thank you, Ron Paul.

BUMP!

dblee
02-09-2008, 04:31 PM
I knew it. Sheesh. They need to send this out in an email.

tpreitzel
02-09-2008, 04:34 PM
If some readers would only understand that they do NOT have to read between the lines when Ron says something, they wouldn't have misinterpreted his original e-mail so much in the first place. Seriously, the first e-mail was clear enough, but I do understand WHY the campaign felt the need to clarify.

anewvoice
02-09-2008, 04:37 PM
It's ironic though not surprising that the e-mail got coverage in:

CNN
FoxNews
AP
New York Times
Baltimore Sun
LA Times
Slashdot

All in one day! riiiiiiiiiiight

Revolutn
02-09-2008, 04:38 PM
It was the tone of the previous message.

I'm much encouraged to read today's message especially compared to last nights.

Rev

dblee
02-09-2008, 04:42 PM
keep this at the top

NoMoreApathy
02-09-2008, 04:44 PM
You write:

They aren't, resoundingly. He's winning the states that have semi-open primaries, where SOMEHOW he's appealing to Independents. Otherwise, he hasn't won a single caucus, and the Red states seem to going to Romney and Huck.

constitutional
02-09-2008, 04:44 PM
after reading this, "it makes me want to grab a gun and jump on a horse and start screaming THE NEOCONS ARE COMING THE NEOCONS ARE COMING" through my town!

miwg
02-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Bump

dima7b
02-09-2008, 04:53 PM
BUMP PEOPLE

The fight is not over and won't be for a while!

Phantom
02-09-2008, 04:55 PM
TheAmistad :D

goldstandard
02-09-2008, 04:57 PM
They should have this on their main page.

affa
02-09-2008, 04:59 PM
ONWARD!!!!

We're taking this. The day I discovered Ron Paul (about a month and a half before the first money bomb) I turned to my love and said, 'This man will be president.'.

I meant it then and I mean it now.

Ron Paul 2008.

miwg
02-09-2008, 05:04 PM
bump

goldstandard
02-09-2008, 05:05 PM
bump

kyleAF
02-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Bump!!!

Well, that lifted my spirits a lot. I was trying to stay positive after the letter. I would have succeeded anyway, but this REALLY helps. :)

wgadget
02-09-2008, 05:07 PM
They aren't, resoundingly. He's winning the states that have semi-open primaries, where SOMEHOW he's appealing to Independents. Otherwise, he hasn't won a single caucus, and the Red states seem to going to Romney and Huck.

Could it be possible that Independents and Dems are voting for him to be the "best nominee" against the Dems?

wgadget
02-09-2008, 05:08 PM
It's ironic though not surprising that the e-mail got coverage in:

CNN
FoxNews
AP
New York Times
Baltimore Sun
LA Times
Slashdot

All in one day! riiiiiiiiiiight

Yeah, and I wonder if THIS one will get any attention whatsoever...

RonPaulCult
02-09-2008, 05:13 PM
I be confused

fedup100
02-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Ron Paul was foolish to have sent that email. If we didn't have a big enough hill to climb. I said last night the &^%#$ MSM won't even utter his name, but after this email they will be on it like stink on shit and they did. Even Paul didn't get it. He could have won this thing, every move they have made was to try and stop him. So, he stopped himself by shooting himself in the leg, running most of his support off and the funds will all but dry up now. To add insult to injury, now the main site is taking it all back. I am so pissed I could spit bullets.

I did not misinterpret his email, it was clear as glass. To do so the night before the caucus for Wa State which he could have won is stunning. My son a precinct leader said 1/2 of the most avid supporters didn't even show up because of that email.

goldstandard
02-09-2008, 05:16 PM
bump

fedup100
02-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Yeah, and I wonder if THIS one will get any attention whatsoever...

It got coverage because it was not a message to rally supporters, it was an I quit letter. Do you really think they would cover it if it said "we are winning, we have hired new people and are now ramping up for a victory in the remaining states. We need funds though and we are going all the way......

Phantom
02-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Shameless bump!

Kacela
02-09-2008, 05:32 PM
You write:

They're not.

McCain is only winning in the states with Open Primaries, not Republican only primary states. McCain can't win against a Democratic opponent in these states with Open Primaries in the General election, so he's an embarrassment to them.:rolleyes:

Sarah
02-09-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm happy to read this.

Fight on...it's not over till the end!! And this ain't the end.

miwg
02-09-2008, 05:40 PM
bump

affa
02-09-2008, 05:42 PM
It got coverage because it was not a message to rally supporters, it was an I quit letter.

No it wasn't.

goldstandard
02-09-2008, 05:43 PM
bump

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Correction: Cnservatives don't want mccain to be the nominee, sadly the current republican roster isn't all that conservative

ronpaulitician
02-09-2008, 05:47 PM
it was an I quit letter.
I didn't see the word "quit" in the letter.

Thunderbolt
02-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Ron Paul was foolish to have sent that email. If we didn't have a big enough hill to climb. I said last night the &^%#$ MSM won't even utter his name, but after this email they will be on it like stink on shit and they did. Even Paul didn't get it. He could have won this thing, every move they have made was to try and stop him. So, he stopped himself by shooting himself in the leg, running most of his support off and the funds will all but dry up now. To add insult to injury, now the main site is taking it all back. I am so pissed I could spit bullets.

I did not misinterpret his email, it was clear as glass. To do so the night before the caucus for Wa State which he could have won is stunning. My son a precinct leader said 1/2 of the most avid supporters didn't even show up because of that email.

What am I missing? I have only received the one email from Paul on 2/8/08 at 8:41pm. Is there a new one?

miwg
02-09-2008, 05:56 PM
What am I missing? I have only received the one email from Paul on 2/8/08 at 8:41pm. Is there a new one?

Yes, this is a new message from HQ, don't know if it was sent as an email. You can also read it on HQ's blog.

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates

tpreitzel
02-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I didn't see the word "quit" in the letter.

Exactly! The readers simply assumed the e-mail was saying, "quit", and you know the standard line about assumptions: they make an ... out of you and me! I do agree, however, that the original e-mail could have been worded differently to mitigate such misinterpretation.

fedup100
02-09-2008, 05:59 PM
No it wasn't.

Then why is HQ trying to dispute it?

Thunderbolt
02-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the link. Now I see what everyone is talking about.

Could they be any more wishy washy? So what is it? Is he quitting or not? Or is he just going to keep taking money for a losing cause and not try to win?

Excuse me, but those two commentaries are completely at odds with each other.

I agree with the earlier poster - why send out the I quit letter the night before several primaries? That doesn't make any sense at all.

The I quit letter says he will stay in the race to fight for ideas, but clearly not to win. It also says he has decided to turn his focus to his congressional seat, also implying that he is turning his focus away from his presidential bid.

Wow, they are good at shooting themselves in the foot.

Thunderbolt
02-09-2008, 06:33 PM

I will chew the glass along side of you.

Craig_R
02-09-2008, 06:54 PM
bump

affa
02-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Then why is HQ trying to dispute it?

Ummm.... because it didn't say 'quit', and people like you are misreading it.

So they clarified.

Feelgood
02-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Now THIS is what I want to see! :D Ok, its gonna hurt, but Im gonna go donate another $100 for his campaign now. Who needs to eat...right? :)

TwiLeXia
02-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I don't like to cuss but FUCK YEA this is what I wanna hear!!!!

Phantom
02-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Bump for the late comers.

lastnymleft
02-10-2008, 01:00 AM
Could they be any more wishy washy? So what is it? Is he quitting or not? Or is he just going to keep taking money for a losing cause and not try to win?

Excuse me, but those two commentaries are completely at odds with each other.

Only if you are misinterpreting one of them. The first one was being misinterpreted as an "I quit" letter, by the likes of yourself, so they sent the second one, to clarify the situation. The second one is more clear that he is very much fighting on.

And I stand with him!

Carole
02-10-2008, 01:25 AM
So it makes one wonder. As brilliant as Dr. Paul is, he would have known that the media would see this on his website.

If he had wanted it to remain private, they could have simply emailed us.

I am too tired to read his mind just now. I shall sleep on it. :)

jrich4rpaul
02-10-2008, 01:44 AM
http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates (http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates)

A few news sources are misreporting Ron Paul’s e-mail from last night. The presidential campaign is not ending, not being suspended, and not even drawing down. It’s slimming down and ramping up — with over twenty states having already voted, we’ve shed staff, and we’re concentrating financial and organization resources on the remaining states. We’re going to the convention, and we’re fighting for every vote and every National Delegate along the way.

Republicans do not want John McCain to be their nominee. He has only been able to become the front-runner because the field was so divided and because he’s a media darling. We can see just how unpopular McCain is in the heartland by his performance in the Kansas caucuses today. Kansans resoundingly rejected the Arizona senator (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/02/09/huckabee_wins_kansas_caucus.html), and McCain’s big wins so far have mostly been in blue states — states he won’t win in November if, heaven forbid, he’s the Republican nominee.

Republicans want and need an alternative. Some people think Mike Huckabee provides an alternative to McCain. But Huckabee, who now tries to sound like Ron Paul when he talks about abolishing the IRS, raised taxes in Arkansas and vastly expanded spending in that state when he was its governor. Huckabee is no alternative at all. Ron Paul, on the other hand, has never voted for a tax increase, never voted for an unbalanced budget or for an unconstitutional war or government program.

At stake here is not just the Republican nomination — which McCain still has not locked up — but the future of the Republican Party and, much more importantly, the future of our liberties. We have to organize in every single state, including the ones that have already voted in the primaries and caucuses, to continue the fight to take back the Republican Party and to ensure that Ron Paul’s principles, the principles of Washington and Jefferson, prevail. For the sake of that cause, Ron Paul’s campaign continues, all the way to the convention.

Thanks!

jrich4rpaul
02-10-2008, 03:56 AM
bump

humanic
02-10-2008, 04:18 AM
Now THIS is what I want to see! :D Ok, its gonna hurt, but Im gonna go donate another $100 for his campaign now. Who needs to eat...right? :)

Right on!

lastnymleft
02-10-2008, 10:56 AM

What's the big deal? I heard you ate last week.

Give till it hurts, then give some more.

syborius
02-10-2008, 03:41 PM
As I has thought he didn't even write that damn Email. Whoever wrote it should be fired immediately.