PDA

View Full Version : We MUST pave the streets with GREAT Educational Ads !!!

BigRedBrent
02-09-2008, 03:52 PM
We need to put most of our efforts into this.

The quicker we wake people up to what is going on, the quicker we get more support for Ron Paul and our cause.
We need to and should have always been focusing our efforts on informing others, so they can see why we are so dedicated.
It is because we know something that others do not.

Most people still don't even know what we are fighting for. Some times the only way to get people to help you is to get them to understand you. I think advertising truth would be invaluable. I think the official campaign should have been doing this kind of advertising from the beginning, and it is never to late to start educating people.

Download the PDF file to see the document that I created here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7fc7fada8c400fb07069484bded33bcdf1eb7c3b e40f9be2

To view or print this PDF file you can get the completely free installer for adobe reader if you do not have it yet from here:
http://www.adobe.com/go/EN_US-H-GET-READER

This flyer is intended to be printed double sided so that the second page is printed on the back of the flyer. "Page Scaling" should also be set to "None" when printing.

Please print it out and put it on every door in your neighborhood. Hand it out at any event that you are able. Just get this message across so people at least can not say that they had not been warned.

I give permission for anyone to use this to promote Ron Paul's views any way that they like.

If you would like to promote this by digging it then go here:
http://digg.com/politics/BigRedBrent_s_Ron_Paul_Monetary_Policy_Flyer

BigRedBrent
02-09-2008, 04:28 PM
If you knew what it would take to win this election, would you do it? If it would take exactly as much effort as you possibly could give to assure victory, would you give it if you knew we would win? We can win! If all it will take is more effort from us, then what is stopping us from our victory? No matter what we are up against, I tell you that we are our worst enemy if we do not do at least as much as we are able to. I am not saying we should not fight those that try to hinder us, I am saying we should never stop the fight. We need to do everything we can to fight as hard as we possibly can. We must get others to understand that those who desire freedom for this nation have been left with only one choice in this election. Ron Paul or Bust!

coffeewithchess
02-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Ron Paul's campaign is the one that spent $17 million...I just want to know why I haven't seen a National ad yet. Ron Paul HQ should spend some of the remaining money to run National ads to wake people up on issues like the Federal Reserve, etc., because this is what he keeps talking about and people don't understand it.

BigRedBrent
02-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Ron Paul's campaign is the one that spent $17 million...I just want to know why I haven't seen a National ad yet. Ron Paul HQ should spend some of the remaining money to run National ads to wake people up on issues like the Federal Reserve, etc., because this is what he keeps talking about and people don't understand it.

It could not hurt, that is for sure.

Rob
02-09-2008, 04:43 PM
We need to put most of our efforts into this.

The quicker we wake people up to what is going on, the quicker we get more support for Ron Paul and our cause.
We need to and should have always been focusing our efforts on informing others, so they can see why we are so dedicated.
It is because we know something that others do not.

Most people still don't even know what we are fighting for. Some times the only way to get people to vote for you is to get them to understand you. I think advertising truth would be invaluable. I think the official campaign should have been doing this kind of advertising from the beginning, and it is never to late to start educating people.

If you want to spend money on an ad have it say something like this:

I give permission for anyone to use this to promote Ron Paul any way that they like.

If the media will not report the news, lets do it for them.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113576

I think this would have helped us tremendously if we had it sooner.
But we have it now and need to promote it any way we can.
http://RonPaulNewspaper.com

I hate to break it to you, but this is actually a horrible strategy. Education as a means of converting people is an extremely inefficient tactic. What we need right now is exactly the opposite, emotional ads that appeal to people's anger over McCain or fear.

The vast majority of voters have not and WILL not take the time to do their own research. They need us to tell them who to vote for.

BigRedBrent
02-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I hate to break it to you, but this is actually a horrible strategy. Education as a means of converting people is an extremely inefficient tactic. What we need right now is exactly the opposite, emotional ads that appeal to people's anger over McCain or fear.

The vast majority of voters have not and WILL not take the time to do their own research. They need us to tell them who to vote for.

Well get some focus groups and see what works best! We desperately need to do SOMETHING that works.

I do however know that telling people what's up makes for more dedicated supporters. So many people who have just not been told yet, that would greatly help this cause if they only knew about the tragedy we are trying to prevent.

Rob
02-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Well get some focus groups and see what works best! We desperately need to do SOMETHING that works.

I do however know that telling people what's up makes for more dedicated supporters. So many people who have just not been told yet, that would greatly help this cause if they only knew about the tragedy we are trying to prevent.

Appeals to fear, appeals to fear. I've been in politics for some time and I've seen the research.

Use this ad, it's exactly what we need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSBQ6OEeAt8

BigRedBrent
02-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Appeals to fear, appeals to fear. I've been in politics for some time and I've seen the research.

Use this ad, it's exactly what we need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSBQ6OEeAt8

I do want to scare people shittless, since our monetary policy is a REAL danger that dwarfs the blown out of proportions danger of terrorism.

raystone
02-09-2008, 05:29 PM
//

BigRedBrent
02-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Here's more ...feel free to copy...for neighborhood flyer or ad...

I like it but I am interested in shorter documents that impact quicker. I am absolutely sure most people might not even read anything unless they have it read to them. People are stupid, plain and simple. We need to educate the stupid, so we must make the information easy to understand and short so even the stupid can understand and will not lose interest.

BigRedBrent
02-09-2008, 06:05 PM
I would like to get something fit for a radio add made out of something like this.

BigRedBrent
02-10-2008, 02:28 AM
Is it just me or do people need to know what we are up against? I think they should at least hear about it once.

BigRedBrent
02-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Anyone have anything as impactive as this to educate others with? It needs to be short so people will not lose interest when reading it.

Zippyjuan
02-17-2008, 02:20 PM
I would just like to clarify a couple of things.
Over $9 trillion in debt and $30,000 per citizen is correct.
It is not correct that 100% of your taxes goes just to pay for interest on the debt. A lot of money is spent on it- and that grows every year which is definately not a good thing, but it is not 100%.

In the proposed 2008 budget, the government is going to spend some $3 trillion. Of that amount, $261 billion is slated to go to servicing the debt or 8.7%. That is money that could either go towards paying for other programs or back to taxpayers if the debt could be eliminated. So just under nine percent of your taxes paid is going to pay interest on the debt, not 100%.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_budget%2C_2008

Who owns that debt- who is owed that money?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17424874/

So just who are these lenders? As of last June (the latest complete breakdown available), the biggest holder of Treasury debt was the U.S. government itself, with about 52 percent of the total $8.5 trillion in paper that's out there. Most of the government’s holdings are massive savings accounts for programs like Social Security and Medicare. Just as you may prefer to keep your Individual Retirement Account in the safe Treasury bonds, the folks who manage the Social Security Trust Fund are looking for a secure investment, too.

That’s leaves a little over $4 trillion in public hands. The biggest chunk (about 25 percent of the $8.5 trillion total) is held by foreign governments. Japan tops the list (with $644 billion), followed by China ($350 billion), United Kingdom ($239 billion) and oil exporting countries ($100 billion).

Other big holders of Treasury debt include state and local governments ($467 billion); individual investors, including brokers ($423 billion); public and private pension funds (319 billion); mutual funds ($243 billion); holders of US savings bonds ($206 billion); insurance companies ($166 billion) and banks and credit unions ($117 billion.)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17424874/
So not fifty percent is foreign held, but about 25%. China and oil exporting countries hold a combined $450 billion of our $8.5 trillion debt (at the time of the article above which was about a year ago) or about five percent of our total obligations. Total foreign holdings are about 25%.

If we default on that debt, we hurt mostly private investors, companies, and pension funds in this country.

The debt is massive and growing- eating an ever larger percentage of our tax dollars and we need to do something to get it reduced. Or we could get to the point where all of your tax dollars do indeed go to paying interest on the debt. Under George Bush, this country has borrowed more money than ALL the previous presidents combined.

The U.S. is spending $1 trillion per year to babysit this Iraq civil war, and to occupy 130 bases around the world.

Even if you include the entire Department of Defence and the Department of State (most of who's budgets are spent domestically) do not spend $1 trillion a year. The entire Department of Defense budget is $481 billion not including about $200 billion for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the Department of State and other international programs is $35 billion.

If you want to educate people, it is important to have your facts straight or it gives them a reason to reject you.

BigRedBrent
02-18-2008, 03:08 AM
If you want to educate people, it is important to have your facts straight or it gives them a reason to reject you.

I am looking for examples that can be used that are easy for others to read and understand.

Mark
02-18-2008, 04:10 AM
I am looking for examples that can be used that are easy for others read and understand.

I've been trying to get people to do this for months dude.

I even have a mechanism in place to accept unlimited tax deductible contributions that can even accept donations from people overseas.

But no one understood, and they choose to give hundreds of thousands of dollars to a gimmick.

I agree with you, but, too many people here don't seem to have the political awareness to understand the value.

If you want to do this, I'm not stopping my efforts, but I'm not holding my breath expecting the majority of the people here to join in.

You're/we're going to have to look elsewhere other than this forum as a main support structure.

I'm going to "educate" even past this election, many RP candidates are running, the Revolution's just beginning.

BigRedBrent
02-18-2008, 04:28 AM
But, who knows,
maybe it's starting to sink in that some people here weren't interested in winning as much as they were interested in making a buck for themselves.

Well I did not want to mention it, but it does seam like a possibility. I like the Ron Paul Newspaper idea since it seams highly cost affective. Less likely that someone is doing it just to profit from it.

Mark
02-18-2008, 04:29 AM
Is it just me or do people need to know what we are up against? I think they should at least hear about it once.

Well, Brent, you see how many people have joined in the conversation about education.

Now, if you had said, a blimp, or racecar, or limo, people would be all over that.

How about a Digg, or Youtube? Expect hundreds of responses.

But, putting the issues out there and comparing the candidates? Are you kidding me?

That's too much common sense.

If you've noticed, the country has gotten the way it is because people fall for sound bites, celebrities, and gimmicks. Same here.

Mark
02-18-2008, 04:44 AM
Well I did not want to mention it, but it does seam like a possibility. I like the Ron Paul Newspaper idea since it seams highly cost affective. Less likely that someone is doing it just to profit from it.

Absolutely! I donated myself. It bypasses the MSM completely , and delivers the info directly to the people. On the cheap too.

We could have covered the country with what was spent on the big gimmick.

And there is no profit involved, just one girl who cared enough to take action.
Not to make a living, or get paid, but to help our country.

She's not working on her next big multimillion dollar project while the rest of us are still trying to win, she's one of us. Not a profiteer off the revolution.

The campaign put out a voter's guide, but, we might need to educate the public in other ways too - for example: (rough version)

---------

"John McCain had an affair with a rich girl half his age, then divorced his crippled wife to marry the young girl.

Who knew?"

Visit TrueJohn.com

Paid for by True PAC

--------

That's an education of a different sort.

BigRedBrent
02-18-2008, 04:51 AM
If you've noticed, the country has gotten the way it is because people fall for sound bites, celebrities, and gimmicks. Same here.

I am doing what I can to reach the celebrities myself. But I don't know anyone of importance. I do feel that with the sway they already have they would be invaluable if we could sway them. I produced a video about getting celebrities for Ron Paul on my youtube channel. That is all I can think to do about that right now. If I could just get more help with my efforts I know we could accomplish something very big.

Mark
02-18-2008, 04:58 AM
The Keating five was a corruption scandal in the 1980's.

Without out John McCain's help, they would be known as the Keating Four.

Who knew?

Mark
02-18-2008, 05:05 AM
I am doing what I can to reach the celebrities myself. But I don't know anyone of importance. I do feel that with the sway they already have they would be invaluable if we could sway them. I produced a video about getting celebrities for Ron Paul on my youtube channel. That is all I can think to do about that right now. If I could just get more help with my efforts I know we could accomplish something very big.

I agree, and some celebrities have endorsed or agree with Ron's message.

What ideas do you have for speading the word. Contacting Meetup groups, MySpace, FaceBook, CraigsList, other Forums?

We need to spread the world outside of this forum.

Several well to do individuals have endorsed Ron, business types, but they expect a well thought out plan, a business model as it were.

Not just an idea, we have to present a solution to them, and a method ect.

In what ways should we prepare and spread the word?

I agree with your concept. What's your plan?

wowabunga
02-18-2008, 11:55 PM

Fear of the "business as usual crowd" in Washington DC keeps me on my Ron Paul Revoution toes...!

Having been in advertising a long time... I'm still learning that I need to keep learning. Pull up a chair and let me share with you what I've learned ( the hard way) about this super cool medium called the internet....

I help my friends sell their classic cars on the internet mostly because most of my pals are in their 50's and 60's and just have not yet caught onto this internet craze. Orginally I would promise how the internet would quickly put money into their hands and their cars on roll backs headed out of town with new owners.

Funny sad thing is that I've sold very few cars via the web... and we've tried very hard... two of us working hard. The reality ( this is where you get free learning so don't ya leave right yet ) and so the education curve really smacks back hard... for the past several years.... my clients having seen very little fruit, they have been listing their cars via the "old school" methods of printed advertisments. I kid you not the printed ad is outselling our web efforts four to one.

So here's the kicker.... a young pup like me can take digital pics and post the nice cars on the fancy internets. But... the guys with all the cash are not web savy and still do business the old fashioned way via print media... some mags/papers are free and some charge.... either way the readership with money in the bank is what has been working. Over time the web will trounce the old school ways. BUT FOR TODAY... PRINT IS STILL KING if you want to reach people with money power and influence. More funny sad... just this week I learned that on the web... a well crafted "fart video" by golly can get thousands of views overnight.... amazing.

So back to reality, lets get some good info printed... actually like BigRedBrent says lets get some really good stuff out there into their hands.

My revolution resume....

Our best effort yet to educate our neighbors....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URTvgfnh1pM

Bill Clinton gets a face full of Ron Paul signs....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvznnt2aCjE

Rudy gets a warm Missouri welcome...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5E7Qk9Fa9c

ArrestPoliticians
02-18-2008, 11:58 PM
the campaign ads should be exposing the FED, NAU, UN, etc.

hyoomen
02-19-2008, 12:39 AM
FWIW, I've started thinking about outlines for an Idiot's Guide to the Constitution, an Idiot's Guide to the Federal Reserve, etc. Once we have some basic resources widely available, we need to consider fictional introductions to the topics (along the lines of "It Can't Happen Here;" Daniel Quinn's "Ishmael" is an excellent example of teaching an idea through literature).

I also think the revolution would benefit greatly from a specific guide on not discussing conspiracies. CFR is a think tank that can be exposed for its far-reaching involvement into all levels of the media and gov't without discussing it specifically in terms of a conspiracy. We need to do some research into how such organizations can be discussed without alluding to conspiracy theories or being accused of the same. Further, I think we could reinforce such a stance against conspiracies by acknowledging that conspiracies are only those plots which have failed -- all the rest is strategy on the way to success. We don't call the American Revolution the Great Colonial Conspiracy because it was successful. Let's not fall into the trap of damning what many people perceive as plots against American sovereignty until we are able to make them appear as such by their own admission, their failure, or triumph of our own competing ideologies.

I'd love to see Ron Paul newspaper developed into something more extensive -- a monthly magazine with recommended monthly advertising campaigns, perhaps? A "tear this out and educate 20 people with it" section, a "xerox 100 copies of this and spread them to strangers" section, a "support these candidates" section, a "start a local Freedom study group" section, etc. We need profiles on academics and agents of media who support our position(s) and we need to do all we can to bring these individuals to the forefront.

TruthAtLast
02-19-2008, 12:46 AM

I think we should do the emotional ads (anti-McCain) ads, and create a longer very professionally produced video for education (since there is no way these topics can be explained in 30-60 seconds anyway), burn the video on 50 million DVDs and send it to every household in America. I'd do a money bomb just for that. I'd throw in $2000 myself just for that.

wowabunga
02-19-2008, 12:53 AM
I'd love to see Ron Paul newspaper developed into something more extensive -- a monthly magazine with recommended monthly advertising campaigns, perhaps? A "tear this out and educate 20 people with it" section, a "xerox 100 copies of this and spread them to strangers" section

YES YES..... Oh YES....!

BigRedBrent
02-19-2008, 06:35 AM
I'd love to see Ron Paul newspaper developed into something more extensive -- a monthly magazine with recommended monthly advertising campaigns, perhaps? A "tear this out and educate 20 people with it" section, a "xerox 100 copies of this and spread them to strangers" section, a "support these candidates" section, a "start a local Freedom study group" section, etc. We need profiles on academics and agents of media who support our position(s) and we need to do all we can to bring these individuals to the forefront.
With enough innovative thought put to good use we can do miraculous things.
I would love it if some day we had a newspaper made for this revolution that rivaled the new york times in proliferation and popularity.

I agree with your concept. What's your plan?

Step 1: Formulate a plan.

Step 2: ...

Step 3: Success!

OK, well yes we need a plan, and we also need a way to implement it, but it never hurts to have one before the other even if you don't know what you will do with it yet. I mean sometimes having resources allows a plan to formulate more naturally, and then sometimes a plan is required before resources may be procured.

But yes we absolutely need something. And I am only pointing out that a plan isn't always useful without a way to implement it. Sometimes the best plans don't seam like the best plans to others and never get implemented. Without resources some good plans may never be used.

If that is the case then we need a good plan to get some of those resources. :D
Perhaps we could invent the proverbial Blimp project to get someone interested at first but with the goal to get a more useful project funded. Well that may be a terrible idea, but just a thought.

wowabunga
02-20-2008, 12:38 AM
I would love it if some day we had a newspaper made for this revolution that rivaled the new york times in proliferation and popularity.

That has a nice sound to it yes...

Maybe I live in a rose colored world... but I've always yearned for a "good news" news cast. Good news all the time 24-7

Mark
02-20-2008, 02:03 AM
I think we should do the emotional ads (anti-McCain) ads, and create a longer very professionally produced video for education (since there is no way these topics can be explained in 30-60 seconds anyway), burn the video on 50 million DVDs and send it to every household in America. I'd do a money bomb just for that. I'd throw in $2000 myself just for that.

(Educational) Goals can be broken down into 3 parts:

1. Short term
2. Intermediate Term
3. Long Term

We can deal with long term (in depth edu) and intermediate (McCain withdraws due to public pressure) later, for now (short term)...

1. Short term: In the remaining voting States, we need to convince as many people as possible to vote for Ron. (duh)

I believe that to counter all of the hindrances against this goal (take your pick),
"short/sweet" emotional ads that push "damning truths" about McCain and Huck are our best bet.

We need to "shock" people like all good hard hitting "truth" ads do.

e.g. McCain left a crippled wife, that stuck by him for years, for a hot, very young, rich girl. That's GOLD that can be used.

McCain has a rep for being a "player" from his younger years, and using that rep can be to our advantage.

TrueJohn.com is ready to be built.

1. Scenario: McCain Cheats, Leaves, Marries, visit TrueJohn.com (more info)

That type of ad can be done in 15 seconds on TV and Radio. (cheap-multiple repeats-ingrains the disgust)

2. Scenario: McCain connections to The Keating Five, would have been The Keating Four without McCain, a past player in scandal still supports McCain now.

Again - a short hard hitting ad can be done.

3. Amnesty - another "emotional" issue that can be touched on quickly.

Results - With short-cheap "emotional" ads we can drive the discussion towards McCain's checkered past.

We can have people saying ABM, "anyone but McCain", in no time.

My vote: Anti-Ballistic McCain ads for the short term.

Closely followed up (to give voters a new choice) by Ron's: 51 years of marriage, honesty reputation, and anti-amnesty record, ads.

Include a few Huck "truth ads" as well - Free/reduced tuition for illegals, destroyed Rep party in Arkansas, ect.

These type of short ads can be produced and done in three mediums fairly quickly. A lot quicker than 60 second ads.

TruthAtLast
02-20-2008, 02:35 AM
(Educational) Goals can be broken down into 3 parts:

1. Short term
2. Intermediate Term
3. Long Term

We can deal with long term (in depth edu) and intermediate (McCain withdraws due to public pressure) later, for now (short term)...

1. Short term: In the remaining voting States, we need to convince as many people as possible to vote for Ron. (duh)

I believe that to counter all of the hindrances against this goal (take your pick),
"short/sweet" emotional ads that push "damning truths" about McCain and Huck are our best bet.

We need to "shock" people like all good hard hitting "truth" ads do.

e.g. McCain left a crippled wife, that stuck by him for years, for a hot, very young, rich girl. That's GOLD that can be used.

McCain has a rep for being a "player" from his younger years, and using that rep can be to our advantage.

TrueJohn.com is ready to be built.

1. Scenario: McCain Cheats, Leaves, Marries, visit TrueJohn.com (more info)

That type of ad can be done in 15 seconds on TV and Radio. (cheap-multiple repeats-ingrains the disgust)

2. Scenario: McCain connections to The Keating Five, would have been The Keating Four without McCain, a past player in scandal still supports McCain now.

Again - a short hard hitting ad can be done.

3. Amnesty - another "emotional" issue that can be touched on quickly.

Results - With short-cheap "emotional" ads we can drive the discussion towards McCain's checkered past.

We can have people saying ABM, "anyone but McCain", in no time.

My vote: Anti-Ballistic McCain ads for the short term.

Closely followed up (to give voters a new choice) by Ron's: 51 years of marriage, honesty reputation, and anti-amnesty record, ads.

Include a few Huck "truth ads" as well - Free/reduced tuition for illegals, destroyed Rep party in Arkansas, ect.

These type of short ads can be produced and done in three mediums fairly quickly. A lot quicker than 60 second ads.

sounds like a good idea. BTW - with so much dirt on McCain out there, why didn't Romney ever use it? He had the funds, the motive, and the opportunity to do so. Plus we know that he is not afraid to go the "attack" route. Why wasn't he plastering these types of ads on every radio station and TV in every Super Tuesday state?

Mark
02-20-2008, 02:56 AM
sounds like a good idea. BTW - with so much dirt on McCain out there, why didn't Romney ever use it? He had the funds, the motive, and the opportunity to do so. Plus we know that he is not afraid to go the "attack" route. Why wasn't he plastering these types of ads on every radio station and TV in every Super Tuesday state?

Romney is still "young", he's got a GOP "future" to look out for.

Maybe he factored in that, going that "hard-hitting", would damage his future.

By dropping out, now Romney has the "cred" within the party for the future, also,
he may be looking at the V.P. slot this year, or future Cabinet/Senate ect.

It wasn't looking like a "slam dunk" for him this year, and he may have decided to avoid the negativity of attacking a perceived "war hero".

And/or - for this year, it will be next to impossible for the Reps to win with Bush's approval rating.

He may have just been "testing the waters", gaining experience, base and info for the future.

And/or - the upper echelon of power - over both Reps and Dems - may have plans in place for a Clinton victory. And he knows it.

So why go that route, with the accompanying potential negative feedback, when he could never beat the Dems this year anyway.

Many think Clinton is the "chosen one", but Obama will play along as well, it really doesn't matter which one wins.

Obama has connections with Brzezinski, so Obama may be a tool for the "bring down Russia" crowd,
( along with the Clinton "Socialist" types), which focus on Europe and Russia.

While McCain is part of the GOP neo-con "control the middle east" crowd.

McCain plays to the war hawks, Huck the Evangelicals, Romney the social conservatives.

All of which focus on controlling the Middle East.

Bottom line- The Congress will be controlled by the Dems even more after this year,
and a Dem President will concentrate the policy making power in one Party, just like it was early on for the Reps under Bush's first term.

The Upper Echelon don't care who's in power, but they need lopsided Branch power to "quick push" agendas through the system.

A Dem Congress and Dem President is the most opportune scenario for them this go-round.

There's been a "ABR, "anyone but Ron" plan ever since he gained traction.

Only Ron can beat the Dems, and that would ruin the "quick push" policy agenda.

If we can marginalize Huck, and especially McCain,
and force a move to nominate Ron, it will at least facilitate our overall "educate" the people agenda.

Mark
02-20-2008, 03:16 AM
That's why my reasoning leads to a "drive McCain (and Huck) out" plan.

If we can hit hard emotionally, we can force both of them to withdraw, and leave Ron as the lone survivor.

McCain has personal issues that are "slam dunk", Huck has family (son tortured dog) and policy "slam dunks".

We don't have to lie or make things up, we just have to get the truth out there in an emotion driving manner.

We need to "turn people off" of both of them, to guide people's emotions to where the voters reject them both.

BigRedBrent
02-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Yes I am a fan of the NoWayMcCain.com movement. If we can sink his battleship we will have much more of a chance to win this. I just wish Huckabee would drop out right before that ship sinks.

I know we need Huckabee as long as McCain is a strong contender and Paul is ignored.

raystone
02-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Zippyjuan - thanks for the corrections.

I'm convinced the only reason McCain is the frontrunner is that he is perceived by millions of Americans as a American War Hero. Possibly the most effective political attack strategy is to go after a candidate's strength. That's why I'm supporting www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com

For long term education efforts, the following concept could be gold ! orginally seen on www.ronpaul2008.com

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080217/UPDATES01/80217032/1002/

Locals inspired by Paul's small-government message
By AMY PICARD
Advocate Reporter

NEWARK — More than 20 people crowded into the small room at 2 N. Park Place on Sunday to hear and support a message most of them believed has been lost.

“It is about getting the American people to come together to hold our congressmen accountable,” said Jody Jooss. “We are hoping this can be an area in the community where people can go for resources and education and to try to take our country back.”

And for the next two weeks that means one thing to the supporters of Liberty Central — supporting U.S. Rep. Ron Paul in the bid for the presidential nomination.

“The only person (running for president) who defended the Constitution was Ron Paul,” Jooss said.

What started out as a group of four people huddled around a table became Liberty Central, an education center committed to supporting Paul, which had its grand opening Sunday.

“(Liberty Central hopes to) educate people about our (constitutional) rights and how they are being violated,” Jooss said. “There is a chart in the back showing very few congressmen take the oath seriously and vote to uphold the Constitution.”

Jooss said nothing is more important than for Congress to uphold the Constitution because it serves as the cornerstone of the United States.

Owen Brand, another Paul supporter, said he was inspired by Paul’s support of smaller government.

“His voting record stood for something I didn’t think existed in politics anymore,” Brand said.

Already several members of the meet-up group have canvassed throughout Licking County, and four phones are being set up at the headquarters to contact even more people.

Liberty Central members agreed Sunday that voters should not only vote for Paul in the primary but should also write his name in during the general election. By casting a write-in vote for him, they hope to send a message to Washington that change is needed.

Liberty Central members said they will not disband after the March 4 primary. Instead, supporters hope to keep spreading his message.

David Ryon, who is running for the 12th District seat, said he was inspired by Paul’s message.

“I was thinking about leaving the Republican Party last year. I thought it was me; I thought I had drifted away,” Ryon said.

However, after listening to Paul, Ryon said he realized that wasn’t true.

“I realized the party had drifted away. The Republican Party believes in small government, lower taxes, less spending, but they don’t. They have been spending; they have been taxing.”

Margie Snidelar was one of the newcomers to the group Sunday.

“My brother in Michigan got me excited about Ron Paul. He kept sending me YouTube clips,” Snidelar said.

Snidelar said she thought Paul understood the unconstitutionality of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion and was inspired to not only come out Sunday but bring her whole family.

“I’m happy something was going to be done in Licking County.”

Mark
02-20-2008, 11:37 PM
That's why I'm supporting www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com (http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com)

A shorter/easier URL to remember is: - AgainstMcCain.com (http://AgainstMcCain.com)

Highland
03-06-2008, 03:38 PM

we just did these ads for the Vietnam Vets against MCCAIN

http://www.highlandmediaworks.com/mccainnationalad

http://www.highlandmediaworks.com/mccainad

;)

wgadget
03-06-2008, 03:44 PM

Didn't Dr. Paul himself, after Super Tuesday, tell us that he had big EDUCATION PLANS?

I think the OP speaks truth.

tpreitzel
04-03-2008, 11:26 AM
OP -

I agree. A new tool for educating the masses is arriving on the scene, the pico projector (DLP). Use with caution, however. ;) If the masses don't want to voluntarily assume their constitutional responsibility to protect freedom by informing themselves first, then we should use every available tool to motivate them by informing them ourselves whether they like it or not. I can see great uses for a very small tool which will project messages in still and video formats on nearly any appropriate surface. Sure, every legal obstacle will be used to silence such usage, but authorities won't succeed in the long run because the devices are ultra portable. This year, Microvision will be one of the first to offer a pico, portable projector. The revolution will be televised, i.e. broadcast, and the streets literally paved with great educational ads. :)

tpreitzel
04-03-2008, 12:00 PM
In fact, it's entirely possible to airlift these projectors with remote controlled blimps, planes, helicopters etc. DIY Drones, http://www.diydrones.com , is a fascinating place to explore the possibilities of reaching the lost and keeping tabs on government. ;)

BigRedBrent
04-03-2008, 09:59 PM
OP -

I agree. A new tool for educating the masses is arriving on the scene, the pico projector (DLP). Use with caution, however. ;) If the masses don't want to voluntarily assume their constitutional responsibility to protect freedom by informing themselves first, then we should use every available tool to motivate them by informing them ourselves whether they like it or not. I can see great uses for a very small tool which will project messages in still and video formats on nearly any appropriate surface. Sure, every legal obstacle will be used to silence such usage, but authorities won't succeed in the long run because the devices are ultra portable. This year, Microvision will be one of the first to offer a pico, portable projector. The revolution will be televised, i.e. broadcast, and the streets literally paved with great educational ads. :)

Interesting.

Mckarnin
04-03-2008, 10:18 PM
I am looking for examples that can be used that are easy for others to read and understand.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that we at Freedom's Ground have already been in touch with several celebrities or their agents, have contacted folks like Peter Schiff and Walter Williams, and are working to get them on board, Bary Goldwater Jr. already signed up to help us and we are going to build simple, appealing educational campaigns to get the core of the supporting information for our movement into America's hands. Now, we are not the place for anything super short-term (1-3 months) or conspiracy/partisan laden but we will soon play a very important role in getting the hearts and minds we need for the future of freedom.

This is the About page of our website and will provide a good intro...

http://www.freedomsground.com/tAboutUs.htm

tpreitzel
04-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Oops, I forgot the website that demonstrates the possibilities of this new form factor for the projector. This initial design is simply the beginning of a whole range of small, powerful projectors.

http://www.microvision.com/

BigRedBrent
04-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Oops, I forgot the website that demonstrates the possibilities of this new form factor for the projector. This initial design is simply the beginning of a whole range of small, powerful projectors.

http://www.microvision.com/

Thank you for the link, I am always interested in learning about new technology.

wowabunga
04-10-2008, 08:21 AM

Main stream media gagged Jessie Ventura thru his contract for close to 4 years. Main stream media had the most popular talk show on TV in the the Phil Donahue show... but he too was against the war and his show was canceled.

Why would main stream media air anything we produced that held a light up to all the darkness ? ? ?

We have to become the media. Hard work yes... but it will work.

BigRedBrent
05-08-2008, 10:00 PM
I have updated my first post some to correct a few mistakes. I will release a PDF version when I am able to find a suitable host for it.

I am not completely sure about the title (Save our dollar, save our nation!), I want it to be as catchy as possible. I would appreciate any suggestions.

BigRedBrent
05-26-2008, 10:25 PM
I converted my document into a pdf file. The link to the file is included in the first post of this thread.

BigRedBrent
06-06-2008, 03:23 AM
I have updated my flyer that I have linked in the first post to include graphics!

BigRedBrent
06-15-2008, 07:43 AM
I have updated the flyer linked in the first post to reflect the withdraw of candidacy for president. Please print it out and put it on every door in your neighborhood. Hand it out at any event that you are able. Just get this message across so people at least can not say that they had not been warned.