PDA

View Full Version : I Canceled My Cable Yesterday!

Matt Collins
02-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes - I canceled my cable yesterday here in Nashville. Books and movies for me from now on.

It was a good feeling.

Ex Post Facto
02-09-2008, 03:44 PM
It's like Neo, unjacking from the Matrix.

Matt Collins
02-09-2008, 03:51 PM
It's like Neo, unjacking from the Matrix.I've heard that from friends of mine without cable.

TSOL
02-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Can't let go of

NBA
MLB
Discovery
History
A & E
Bravo

RonRules
02-09-2008, 04:09 PM
You IQ will be up +10 a year from now.

Read instead !

lucius
02-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Way to go, you may notice a more positive attitude after a short while.

tommyzDad
02-09-2008, 04:42 PM
The only use I have for cable is online gaming (DOD Source; Joint Operations)

dawnbt
02-09-2008, 04:43 PM
I would love to cancel cable, but my husband would take me out without blinking an eye!

Gadsden Flag
02-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Really, TV is a huge waste of time. Except maybe for the History channel (which has really gone downhill lately)and a few others, there is nothing but crap on there.

I am not a sitcom/movie person at all, of course, so maybe if you enjoy that sort of thing it's worth having.

I don't even own a TV and I can honestly say I don't miss it at all.

VIDEODROME
02-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Say hello to Netflix.

ConstitutionReinstitution
02-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Congratulations for shutting off the KoolAid. I did it about 10 years ago. Brace yourself, you will not be able to stomach watching it after being away from it now. The media bias that was revealed to many people as a result of the Ron Paul campaign will be obvious in everything you watch.

Everyone should stop paying those criminals!

Xyrus2
02-09-2008, 06:22 PM
I absolutely agree.

I've been off cable for ten years. Now when I'm over at someone's house who has it, it's damn hysterical. You can't believe people actually watch it.

Take for example, "Lost". What an appropriate title. "Tune in next week, when the survivors find a talking potato who informs them of the ancient Rhino ass key to the Margarita fairy. Then they eat him only to find out he was actually a survivor from a different plane wreck that happened...1000 years ago!".

But it does explain a lot. After that, I suppose spinning McCain into the best conservative candidate doesn't require much effort. See Idiocracy for more details.

It's amazing how much clearer you think without the TV. :)

~X~

Matt Collins
02-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Can't let go of

NBA
MLB
Discovery
History
A & E
Bravo

It's ok if McCain gets his way all of the cable stations will be forced to sell channels a la cart :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
02-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Read instead !I have a stack of books literally knee high that are about libertarianism, the Constitution, the free market etc that I haven't even touched because I've been so busy campaigning for Ron.

jsu718
02-09-2008, 06:33 PM
I had a Verizon guy come to my door today. I was happy to tell him "Yes I have FIOS already for internet. No, I have a cell phone and don't need yours. No, I don't even own a TV so I don't need cable"

Matt Collins
02-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Really, TV is a huge waste of time. Except maybe for the History channel (which has really gone downhill lately)

You do realize the same people who own Fox News (News Corp) own The History Channel, right? :rolleyes:

A rope leash
02-09-2008, 06:46 PM
You are going to feel so much better in just a few days. I ditched my satellite system about five years ago after about fifteen years of working in the business. Not worth the money! The kids' grades went up on the very next report card. Dish Network still calls me with their "deals", but I tell them I need the sewer line to run OUT of the house, not IN to the house!

Yes, Netflix! Try some of those really old movies like "They Drive by Night", or "Key Largo". It makes you long for a time when life wasn't so crazy!

Now, I get five channels, and two of them are ABC. Broadcast news is now so obviously full of spin and omissions that I can hardly stand two seconds of it. There's only a few shows that I will actually try to watch: The Simpsons, House, Boston Legal...but that's about it...the rest is almost completely intolerable.

Anyway, I salute you, and I hope you enjoy your newfound freedom. Ah...peace!

Signzit
02-09-2008, 06:51 PM
ending my cable was my plan on Friday but I couldn't get down there.

So Monday first thing, I too will end cable in my lifetime. Seems I'm really a P2P guy anyway. :D

The only thing I can stand to watch now is Adult Swim anyway so at 55 years old, all I enjoy is Cartoon Network. I swear it's the only thing fit to watch on tv

am I sad or what? Go Meatwad!

WilliamC
02-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Yes - I canceled my cable yesterday here in Nashville. Books and movies for me from now on.

It was a good feeling.

Honestly Matt, I'm proud of you.

Our house hasn't had broadcast/cable/satellite TV in years (well my wife bought some rabbit ears the other day so she could watch the super bowl but the reception is terrible and not worth watching so they aren't hooked up now) and our 37 inch LCD is used to watch DVD's

Believe me, you aren't missing anything.

WilliamC
02-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Can't let go of

NBA
MLB
Discovery
History
A & E
Bravo

They aren't worth it, honestly.

At the very least TVio them and skip the commercials.

John of Des Moines
02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Matt - I'm with you. I'm done with paying for propaganda crappola so at the end of this billing cycle for my dish network I'm chucking it.

It'll be just rabbit ears and dvds for me as well.

Crowish
02-09-2008, 08:11 PM
If I did that I would lose my only available internet access. :(

We do, however, have the secret cable TV plan that you have to ask for - just the local channels + C-SPAN.

Wells
02-09-2008, 09:15 PM
I work for the cable company in Grand Forks, ND.. please don't put me out of work lol

flahavin
02-09-2008, 09:52 PM
I would cancel.. but I can't live without SPEEDTV(especially now), ESPN and ESPN2, The Ocho(j/k), HBO for Bill Maher, and Showtime for Penn and Teller.

VoteForRonPaul
02-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Say hello to Netflix.
Or FTA (Free To Air) receiver ;) do your research right now!

BreakYourChains
02-10-2008, 01:37 PM
You do realize the same people who own Fox News (News Corp) own The History Channel, right? :rolleyes:

Yes, and they still feed you propaganda to sell you their prescription drugs on all of these channels. I am canceling cable soon, but have to find another internet source first, and do not have many options.

revolutionary8
02-10-2008, 03:00 PM
is funding your own poisoning.
Get rid of it. :D
(Cable free for 10 years and proud)
I have a TV, but I rarely turn it on. I do subscribe to NetFlix. :D

revolutionary8
02-10-2008, 03:05 PM
I would cancel.. but I can't live without SPEEDTV(especially now), ESPN and ESPN2, The Ocho(j/k), HBO for Bill Maher, and Showtime for Penn and Teller.

Bill Maher :"You have to admit that there are people who want to kill Americans"
Mos Def: "Yeah, the PO LICE".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmMG_JSLsPE
:D

piotr1
02-10-2008, 03:11 PM
I really really want to cancel cable, but my Dad would crucify me..... 8(

Matt Collins
02-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Honestly Matt, I'm proud of you.

Our house hasn't had broadcast/cable/satellite TV in years (well my wife bought some rabbit ears the other day so she could watch the super bowl but the reception is terrible and not worth watching so they aren't hooked up now) Yeah - the only sticking point for me is when the tornado comes rolling into the neighborhood at 2am I like to have the TV on.

revolutionary8
02-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah - the only sticking point for me is when the tornado comes rolling into the neighborhood at 2am I like to have the TV on.
yeah, I agree with you Matt, I keep the TV around "just in case", but watching it makes me sick to my stomach, so I don't.
A shortwave radio is a great alternative, and more trustworthy, IMO
it is more difficult to get "shock and awed" by sources you trust. :)
you can have a TV without the cable channels, and it is free.
The local public broadcasting station usually comes in. :)

John of Des Moines
02-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah - the only sticking point for me is when the tornado comes rolling into the neighborhood at 2am I like to have the TV on.

The internets with all its tubes and wires is much better then the local tv stations in watching storms approach. Yeah, if the phone lines go down then my connection is gone but that's good signal to get to the basement for a while.

awakenall
02-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I've been without tv cable since early 2001. Occasionally I watch dvds, but no tv at all, unless, I fall victim to a public venue broadcast somewhere. Good thing, 'cause I'm not sure I would have awoken for the revolution. I curse tv these days - especially the msm.

Matt Collins
02-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Occasionally I watch dvds, yeah I'm going to subscribe to NetFLIX here next week.

moostraks
02-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Love all the responses guys....When Dh and I pulled ourselves out from under Comcast the gal had the guts to ask my husband where he was going for services.He said no where. She said what do you mean, where are you going to get your television from? He said we aren't we intend on reading.She was rather perturbed with him and dumbfounded that he would want to cancel...

After how disgusted people are getting with the cable, best wishes to those of you in the business!!! I can't stomache some of the things on broadcast channels anymore.With 7 children the commercials are so raunchy you can't even watch what might be a decent enough program for the trash in between.After a week or so with the tv off you will be horrified at how desensitized you were when watching it. Now even PBS ticks me off!!!LOL!!!

As for the History channel...hahahahahahahaha....That is seriously misnamed!!! They should try to attempt to research something before putting it out there as historical fact!!(Of course this is a don't get me started subject.So I will go!!!)

Signzit
02-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I cast-off that media devil today!

tszpara
02-12-2008, 07:05 PM
If you really need a fix after stopping cable you could get your shows here.

http://www.sidereel.com/

Wells
02-12-2008, 07:07 PM
man... what are you guys all on dial up?

Apparition
02-13-2008, 02:57 PM
I got rid of my cable 2 months ago... though I still have the cable modem service. I'm a network admin and if there's anything I want to watch I can actively find 'alternative means'...

Cyclone177
02-13-2008, 03:32 PM
I just wrote in and cancelled my Direct TV. Anyone have good places on the web to get stuff? P2P.eu was great for MLB, but not sure if it is still up. SideReel is good too.

Mahkato
02-13-2008, 03:35 PM
I suppose now you think you're better than us. (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28694) :p

/I never watch TV either

tod evans
02-13-2008, 04:43 PM
way to go man! no television at all in my house......over 15 yrs.
i find it really interesting to visit folks who are plugged in, their opinions and views are obviously tainted.....enjoy!

Laja
02-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Glad to hear that it's spreading. Last year I paid my last $80/mo Time Warner bill. I use my big screen now only for DVD's and Apple TV. Anything else I need to see will be on YouTube. Man it feels good not to support the ultimate propaganda perpetrator (I subscribe to no newspapers either)

tsopranos
02-13-2008, 06:12 PM
I just wrote in and cancelled my Direct TV. Anyone have good places on the web to get stuff? P2P.eu was great for MLB, but not sure if it is still up. SideReel is good too.

Awesome site...nice organization. (Make sure to check out the "Israel Lobby")
http://freedocumentaries.org/

Best Free Documentaries
http://bestdocumentaries.blogspot.com/

...still more documentaries
http://powerflv.com/cache2/Documentaries.html

If you want something closer to television though, try JOOST.
http://www.joost.com/whatson/
http://www.joost.com/whatson/genres/documentary/ <---- more documentaries :D

I canceled my cable about 2 weeks ago (kept my cable internet service though). I love it! So much more free time, like a breath of fresh air. I'm back into my workout routine, reading, etc.

I got the # to Comcast's "Office of the President" and plan on calling to rail into them about their sponsorship of Fox News.

Comcast's "Office of the President"
866-279-5024

tsopranos
02-13-2008, 06:18 PM
I use my big screen now only for DVD's and Apple TV. Anything else I need to see will be on YouTube. Man it feels good not to support the ultimate propaganda perpetrator (I subscribe to no newspapers either)

What kind of TV do you have?

I'm trying to upgrade from my old Sony Rear Projection to use for movies/PS3/PC.

The Samsung 61" DLP LED has peaked my interest
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HLT6187SAX-Slim-Engine-1080p/dp/B000N53TDM

tropicangela
02-13-2008, 06:29 PM
We joined Netflix about a month ago (we used to belong years ago) and now they have an Instant Viewing category that includes a lot of History Channel Documentaries that you can watch without the DVD.

CowCat33
02-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Since I enrolled to finish my degree online a couple months ago, I have barely watched any TV and I don't miss it at all! I was never big on it in the first place. I am afraid though if I cancel it, something will come on one of these days that I really do want to watch, for example, I am a Dancing w/the Stars freak! I also occasionally catch stuff on PBS that interests me, and I like the Animal Planet channel. But it just doesn't seem worth the money for that little bit of TV *sigh*

tropicangela
02-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Since I enrolled to finish my degree online a couple months ago, I have barely watched any TV and I don't miss it at all! I was never big on it in the first place. I am afraid though if I cancel it, something will come on one of these days that I really do want to watch, for example, I am a Dancing w/the Stars freak! I also occasionally catch stuff on PBS that interests me, and I like the Animal Planet channel. But it just doesn't seem worth the money for that little bit of TV *sigh*

Netflix has a PBS category to watch shows instantly online. It's loaded. There are sites that stream tv stations online too.

CowCat33
02-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Netflix has a PBS category to watch shows instantly online. It's loaded. There are sites that stream tv stations online too.

Cool, thanks. I'll have to look into it more. I have a feeling cable tv is going to start feeling a little dent in their pockets as more people get sick of the crap on the boob tube.

entwife
02-13-2008, 08:54 PM
No cable/ local tv for 5+ years here and still going! :D Long live books and the internet. ;)

rancher89
02-13-2008, 09:03 PM
I haven't watched "regular" tv in years. We dropped all but the 99 channels the other month. (Absolutley require broadband for our at home business, plus how can you get by w/o NatGeo??) ANYHOO, caught some MSM channel the other day and got really shocked. Ever hear of "Jericho"? OMG This is a show, in it's second season, BY DEMAND, that chronicles the bombing of the USA by government subversives that blame the bombing on Iran and N Korea. Last year they bombed Iran and N korea. The show the other night a guy was waxing poetic that he was going to keep his farm, just give a portion of his harvest to the "psuedo" government, i.e. the miliatary for 3 years. I couldn't watch anymore, only watched as much as I did as you watch a train wreck. I had no idea that the crap started by programs like "24" had gone this far. No wonder the sheeple vote for Mcwarhawkcain......sorry had to vent, watch whatever pablum you want, yechhh

CowCat33
02-13-2008, 09:58 PM
I haven't watched "regular" tv in years. We dropped all but the 99 channels the other month. (Absolutley require broadband for our at home business, plus how can you get by w/o NatGeo??) ANYHOO, caught some MSM channel the other day and got really shocked. Ever hear of "Jericho"? OMG This is a show, in it's second season, BY DEMAND, that chronicles the bombing of the USA by government subversives that blame the bombing on Iran and N Korea. Last year they bombed Iran and N korea. The show the other night a guy was waxing poetic that he was going to keep his farm, just give a portion of his harvest to the "psuedo" government, i.e. the miliatary for 3 years. I couldn't watch anymore, only watched as much as I did as you watch a train wreck. I had no idea that the crap started by programs like "24" had gone this far. No wonder the sheeple vote for Mcwarhawkcain......sorry had to vent, watch whatever pablum you want, yechhh

Propaganda disguised as entertainment, lovely.

tropicangela
02-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Dr. Lenny Horowitz has a video on You Tube called: In Lies We Trust: The CIA, Hollywood & Bioterrorism

jlaker
02-13-2008, 11:46 PM
I would love to cancel cable, but my husband would take me out without blinking an eye!

Mine too.

yaz
02-14-2008, 02:54 AM
Sorry, I like TV. I like Family Guy, The Colbert Report, different movies, and finding out what the mainstream media has to say.

smartguy911
02-14-2008, 03:02 AM
i still need my discovery, national geographic, science channel

TheTyke
02-14-2008, 04:44 AM
I never paid for cable TV, but I got it free for two years (even though I reported it three times). It finally got turned off last month. Appropriate timing^^

I generally stick to anime or Youtube clips. Nothing else especially interesting...

Cyclone177
02-14-2008, 08:37 AM
I sent Direct TV an email to cancel. They want me to call in with a special pin number so they can "talk" to me before I cancel. Can you believe this? I sent them a follow up email that I am Not going to call them since I already emailed them. I have been wanting to cancel for awhile now and get a PC hooked up to my TV's. That way I can surf on my TV. Also, the new Apple TV 2 has peaked my interest, but the netflix sounds good too.

HollyforRP
02-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I have direct tv. Did Murdoch ever buy out Direct TV?

I want to cancel as well. I can live without it.

HollyforRP
02-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Netflix is awesome! :)

HollyforRP
02-14-2008, 10:54 AM
I sent Direct TV an email to cancel. They want me to call in with a special pin number so they can "talk" to me before I cancel. Can you believe this? I sent them a follow up email that I am Not going to call them since I already emailed them. I have been wanting to cancel for awhile now and get a PC hooked up to my TV's. That way I can surf on my TV. Also, the new Apple TV 2 has peaked my interest, but the netflix sounds good too.

So are they going to cancel without a special pin number? Sounds like one of AOL's old tricks.

tropicangela
02-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Sorry, I like TV. I like Family Guy, The Colbert Report, different movies, and finding out what the mainstream media has to say.

We watch Family Guy... have an HD antenna.

Peace&Freedom
02-14-2008, 12:25 PM
I think a massive switch off is in the making next year, when millions will decide NOT to upgrade to HD when the big transition happens next President's Day. It will be a great marketing opportunity for those who can offer alternatives to the tube (Netflix, etc).

Wells
02-14-2008, 12:28 PM
I think a massive switch off is in the making next year, when millions will decide NOT to upgrade to HD when the big transition happens next President's Day. It will be a great marketing opportunity for those who can offer alternatives to the tube (Netflix, etc).

Anyone who "decides not" to upgrade when the programming goes all digital next year will be not upgrading because they can't for some reason.. believe me.. one thing that will NEVER change in this country is it's addiction to TV.. count on it.

Sarah
02-14-2008, 05:40 PM
I'll never give up my cable TV...evah!

I couldn't live without seeing my RED SOX!!!!

Wells
02-14-2008, 05:47 PM
^ lol

good choice of team

Go Sox

Nicketas
02-14-2008, 06:01 PM

Wells
02-14-2008, 09:59 PM
^ How are ya gonna watch the NBA or MLB on DVD?

Godzmarine
02-15-2008, 03:16 PM
I cancelled comcast and got verizon Fios instead.

josh24601
02-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Aren't books and movies just as poisonous as television? Oh, well you say you can choose the books you read and movies you watch? But not the TV channels?

I'm glad you're happy, just sayin....

Sarah
02-16-2008, 10:59 PM
As for poisonous...it's all in your judgement of what you watch or read.

Books are no good for sports.

I have my big screen TV in HD and will never consider giving it up.

I read too...but for sports? ya have to have TV or go out to watch.

Crowish
02-17-2008, 08:31 AM

That is a great show. You can watch it online as well.

Czolgosz
02-17-2008, 11:09 AM
I got rid of cable t.v. two years ago. Still don't have a t.v. in my house. Sometimes I think I should just hook back into the Matrix, it's frightening how much stupid there is around you. Kinda like when Rowdy Roddy Piper first dawned the magic sungless in "They Live." :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M4szU19bQVE&feature=related

Ironic all the movie references, eh? ^^ :D

English Mastiff
02-17-2008, 11:40 AM
I wish we could cancel our cable to make a statement but while we hardly watch TV, we will put it on to watch Red Sox games or some mindless form of entertainment - never for the news.
I admire those of you who have cancelled your cable sub.'s.

peruvianRP
02-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Can't let go of

NBA
MLB
Discovery
History
A & E
Bravo

yes you can. Get joost and you can get most of them.

peruvianRP
02-17-2008, 01:13 PM
I did not cancel my cable completely cause otherwise they will charme more. I stay with basic cable wich now we watch less and less. My family is reading more books than before and we are doing other things. It is actually a great feeling.

kimo
02-17-2008, 01:17 PM
yes you can. Get joost and you can get most of them.

Wow..Thanks for the tip. Looks great!
Itīs still a beta version. Any chance for stable?

dementedme
02-22-2008, 06:16 PM
heh wanna break away from cable? www.tvtorrents.com oh yes... its the best! pm me for info

TOP MEMBERS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1480 users online
30133 users online daily
Tracking 9304 active torrents
with seeders/downloaders: 190151/14382.
Total site swarm speed:
447380 Kbyte/s (thats 447 megabytes per second)

jjank11
02-22-2008, 06:58 PM
I have not had cable TV in probably 2 or 3 years. I've been using HD OTA channels. They are perfectly fine for shows and local news and I get HD, quality is just as good as cable, sometimes better. When i want to watch sports i can go to some place, a bar. Plus the big sporting events are always on the main channels so its not big deal OR i use Sopcast to watch sports. That thing is awesome, i can catch international cricket, soccer, rugby or whatever else.

All you need these days is a good internet connection. Live it up and Live it free, until Big Brother steals that right!!

thehittgirl
02-22-2008, 07:10 PM
I got rid of my cable 2 months ago... though I still have the cable modem service. I'm a network admin and if there's anything I want to watch I can actively find 'alternative means'...

Ha! Same here :D

smileylovesfreedom
02-22-2008, 07:24 PM
I haven't had cable for a year or two now either. But, I've had periods of time with and without cable. If it was my choice, I would have NO TV but I'm not the only resident in this household...

The HD reception here is okay. It works fine for a few channels. If someone wants to watch TV, there is usually a few choices - I found with cable that I spent most of my time flipping through the 100 channels only to end up watching Family Guy :). Otherwise, its Netflix or DVDs.

Caravello
02-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Way to go, you may notice a more positive attitude after a short while.

You definitely will. I quit watching TV for the most part, and my life and attitude are a lot better.

buffalokid777
02-24-2008, 03:08 AM
Glad to hear that it's spreading. Last year I paid my last $80/mo Time Warner bill. I use my big screen now only for DVD's and Apple TV. Anything else I need to see will be on YouTube. Man it feels good not to support the ultimate propaganda perpetrator (I subscribe to no newspapers either)

Time Warner is the absolute WORST!!!

I cancelled my cable a while ago......

Adelphia used to be our cable company in Buffalo.

When the whole financial scandal hit adelphia, they eventually sold to Time Warner....

The first thing they did was kill NFL network...my favorite channel....which upset me....

Then they started raising rates.....I had enuf....cancelled them and went back to Rabbit ears, reception in the city is decent.

GunnyFreedom
02-24-2008, 04:39 AM

umm, Jericho is on CBS (broadcast, not cable), and the nuclear attack in the storyline was a false flag op (inside job) perpetrated by forces within our own govt. to seize power. Jericho is actually a pretty good show, one of the only shows...ok pretty much THE only show I make an effort to catch.

Actually, the only reason I still have cable is for SciFi channel. Tho, I have been less of a fan since they cancelled Farscape.

I don't watch any kind of 'news' at all anymore. In fact, with very few exceptions, I detest television and cable in general.

But I just had to state (as someone who watches Jericho) that your analysis of the show was pretty much wrong on all points. Though I can understand how you came to your conclusions after a brief viewing of a part of one show.

If anything, Jericho is ANTI-establishment, and the talk of misplaced retribution against North Korea was an indictment against a corrupt US govt who would be willing to kill millions for sake of appearances.

Again, if you have not followed the storyline, and only caught part of a single episode, I can see why you think about it as you do. But the reality is that the show makes the exact opposite statements that you say it makes.

Seriously, the plotline is anti-establishment, non-interventionist, anti govt corruption...I'm really not trying to defend a stupid television show, but anytime I see someone stating as fact things that are 180 degrees out from the reality of a situation, it annoys me. This is the same thing people are doing to Ron Paul.

Hate Jericho all you want, but be a little cautious with your conclusions. As a strict constitutionalist, libertarian, Ron Paul republican having held this philosophy now for 20 years, Jericho is one of the only non Sci Fi shows that I not only tolerate, but enjoy.

Wow. The show is about the US govt attacking her own citizens, and you say it is pro-neocon propaganda? The show lambastes the stupidity of nuking random foreign countries for the sake of appearances (outright labels such a thing as pure evil) and you state as though it were fact it is prepping people for attacking another nation?

Is this how people in general seem to think Ron Paul is anti defense, pro illegal immigration, weak America etc? Take a brief snippet and draw every opposite conclusion as facts?

I could not care less about a TV show, it's the principle I am trying to hilight here. Every conclusion you drew is precisely opposite of the conclusions the show is pushing, yet you state you conclusions as facts. This is the very disease we are fighting int trying to spread the word about Ron Paul.

I guess even we in the Ron Paul movement are not immune...

Alex Libman
02-24-2008, 05:13 AM
Way to go! I've been without TV for a while now, and I hardly miss it. I even stopped watching the few shows I used to pirate over bittorrent. Life is too short to waste it on mainstream pop culture...

H Roark
02-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Never had cable, never will.

Sarah
02-24-2008, 11:52 PM
I like my sports live not video streams or watching it 24 hrs after the fact.

A cold beer...big screen HDTV... it's 2nd best to watching a game in person.
It's my guilty pleasure you could say. So I'll pay for my cable.

Matt Collins
04-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Almost 2 months with no cable and I love my Netflix!

Roxi
04-08-2008, 05:52 PM
also recently TV free

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Didn't have it for a long time, hooked it up in the Fall just so we could watch debates & interviews live. Turn it on about once every 2 weeks now. Should just disconnect it again.

HollyforRP
04-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Almost 2 months with no cable and I love my Netflix!

rock on! I cancelled too