PDA

View Full Version : Are any results reporting?

polexi
02-09-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm really anxious!!!:eek:

vericgar
02-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Caucuses don't start until 1pm PST - 4pm EST.
Election of delegates must start at 1:30pm. 10 minutes ago from the time of my post.
Don't expect results for another hour or so at least.

Nathaniele
02-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Just got off the phone with a friend who said she convinced people in our district to make her the RP delegate and that she got it!

No idea what this means overall but thats 1 rp delegate

acroso
02-09-2008, 03:50 PM
"
No idea what this means overall but thats 1 rp delegate"

State delegate though most likely?

Nathaniele
02-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Ya, I really have no idea what it means overall, she had to talk quickly and said she was filling out the paper work but that she won and she was super excited, she said she had to win a few people over but she managed to pull it off.

Dana Johnson
02-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm back from mine, only 6 people showed up. I was the lone gunman, but was the first put on the delegate sheet. The other 4, 3 for McCain and 1 Huckabee. I was all alone in my precinct, and even tried to pay off family and friends to come.. but none are interested in politics at all.

I'm a little down, but the others were much older than myself, and didn't even know how delegates were divided up by the Caucus and Primary.. so I did get to school them at that. They were VERY headset, and I swear, it seems harder to persuade the older generations.

I will see them again at the county convention, and hopefully get them to shift support. :(

Electrostatic
02-09-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm back from mine, only 6 people showed up. I was the lone gunman, but was the first put on the delegate sheet. The other 4, 3 for McCain and 1 Huckabee. I was all alone in my precinct, and even tried to pay off family and friends to come.. but none are interested in politics at all.

I'm a little down, but the others were much older than myself, and didn't even know how delegates were divided up by the Caucus and Primary.. so I did get to school them at that. They were VERY headset, and I swear, it seems harder to persuade the older generations.

I will see them again at the county convention, and hopefully get them to shift support. :(

Ya, I saw the same... Luckily my precinct was a wash.. Both open delegates and the alternate went RP, but in precincts with a lot of older people they were unquestionably for McCain. They don't want to know his platform, they really don't care.

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 04:59 PM

I had the same problem at my NV caucus. You can't really change peoples minds and I found it best to just be respectful and nice.

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 05:00 PM
They don't want to know his platform, they really don't care.

That's 100% correct.

tamor
02-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks to you who attend the caucuses and give of your time and effort --this will make a diference

Zak
02-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Some woman came in late and cast the deciding vote against me, but I'm first alternate in precinct 225 Whatcom county. The two delegate spots went to a Romney and McWar supporter. My friend was the only one who showed up for his precinct but they wouldn't give him the packet without a voter registration card and the auditor couldn't find him even though he just got his ballot in the mail.

Electrostatic
02-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Some woman came in late and cast the deciding vote against me, but I'm first alternate in precinct 225 Whatcom county. The two delegate spots went to a Romney and McWar supporter. My friend was the only one who showed up for his precinct but they wouldn't give him the packet without a voter registration card and the auditor couldn't find him even though he just got his ballot in the mail.

Wow, you got had.

Silverback
02-09-2008, 05:12 PM
In my precinct McCain got 2, Huck 2, Paul 1 and four alternates are Paul supporters.

The PCO is also a McCain supporter.

It was kind of screwed up because the PCO wasted a lot of time and then suddenly got in a hurry and the whole process was extremely rushed.

acroso
02-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Are the delegates committed or uncommitted?

Zak
02-09-2008, 05:20 PM
These are just delegates to the county convention so they are uncommitted. We voted for delegates not candidates

Dubaruba
02-09-2008, 05:21 PM
1 Paul (me)
1 McCain
1 undeclared, but clearly not for Paul

It was a pooled caucus and there was clearly a lot of Paul support in the room. I personally know of many Paul supporters who were made delegates to the County convention.

Electrostatic
02-09-2008, 05:23 PM
These are just delegates to the county convention so they are uncommitted. We voted for delegates not candidates

NO, there is a district convention FIRST, then county, then state.

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 05:23 PM

So there was no straw poll taken?

Electrostatic
02-09-2008, 05:24 PM
So there was no straw poll taken?

Nope - Although everyone who signed in was asked to write down their presidential preference next to their name.

morerocklesstalk
02-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Nope - Although everyone who signed in was asked to write down their presidential preference next to their name.

How will the media report who won? Just based on the preference next to their name?

Electrostatic
02-09-2008, 05:35 PM
How will the media report who won? Just based on the preference next to their name?

Possibly.. Bu I do not even know if that will be released.