PDA

View Full Version : Professionally Produced DVD

JeffnDallas
08-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Since I work for one of the largest independent DVD manufacturers in the country (we did a project for the Republican Party before the last Presidential election), I've contacted the Ron Paul campaign HQ asking about a professionally-produced DVD of Ron. Sounds like they ARE working on this.

Unfortunately, most of the (great) DVD's that have been created in the field with YouTube Clips, news interviews, etc. cannot be used by a manufacturer/replicator like us due to Intellectual Property issues (many have YouTube, MSNBC, etc logos prohibiting our copying of these discs without consent).

It is my "hope" that we can get something "clean" that will be produced from HQ that can easily be mass produced, allowing us options of print and packaging to go with these (DVD's in door knockers, DVD's in cardboard mailer sleeves, etc). We can do all of this (as we produce 5 million discs per month currently), with various print, packaging and fulfillment options (including e-commerce). Just waiting for the lead from Ron Paul HQ...but it sounds like they are working on it!

ARealConservative
08-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Since I work for one of the largest independent DVD manufacturers in the country (we did a project for the Republican Party before the last Presidential election), I've contacted the Ron Paul campaign HQ asking about a professionally-produced DVD of Ron. Sounds like they ARE working on this.

Unfortunately, most of the (great) DVD's that have been created in the field with YouTube Clips, news interviews, etc. cannot be used by a manufacturer/replicator like us due to Intellectual Property issues (many have YouTube, MSNBC, etc logos prohibiting our copying of these discs without consent).

It is my "hope" that we can get something "clean" that will be produced from HQ that can easily be mass produced, allowing us options of print and packaging to go with these (DVD's in door knockers, DVD's in cardboard mailer sleeves, etc). We can do all of this (as we produce 5 million discs per month currently), with various print, packaging and fulfillment options (including e-commerce). Just waiting for the lead from Ron Paul HQ...but it sounds like they are working on it!

you would of come in handy a month ago.

One Iowa supporter started a campaign - ended up getting donations for 13,000 professional DVD's and distributed them around Ames and Des Moines.

JeffnDallas
08-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Yes, I saw that, but not when I looked at his content via a download, we actually could NOT have helped him as the DVD was full of those corporate/news logos. My guess is that he paid through the proverbial WAZOO for having them "duplicated"/burned vs. "replicated"/pressed, the latter being the more professional process we use for BlockBuster, WalMart, etc.

I spoke to Ron Paul HQ this morning and they realize they need a "clean" DVD for mass production and are working on it. They understand the Intellectual Property Rights issues and don't want to violate given Ron's stance on "Rule of Law"...lol.

LinuxUser269
09-09-2007, 05:24 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Man from La Mancha
09-09-2007, 07:34 AM
JeffnDallas, Can any digital recorded cam corder work that is better than 500 lines with a non jerking movement and good sound be used to make such a DVD? There has to be lots of people's personal recordings that might work.