PDA

View Full Version : Toledo Mayor tells the Marines NO to training in Toledo...

Dieseler
02-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Check out the spin on this shit.

http://news.google.com/news?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hl=en&tab=wn&ned=us&q=marines+toledo&btnG=Search+News

Why don't they do it in D.C. around the Capital?

IPSecure
02-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Say goodbye to the Mayor...

tommyzDad
02-09-2008, 07:12 PM
So what exactly were to good folk of Toledo "frightened" of?

Crickett
02-09-2008, 09:28 PM
So what exactly were to good folk of Toledo "frightened" of?

I don't know..but there is no reason to practice crap like that in an American town. We don't WANT war no more..Good for the Mayor..!

Mayflower
02-10-2008, 10:09 PM
There is very good reason to be upset. Jerome Corsi who wrote the book "The Late Great USA" was informed by the military that there is going to be "WAR GAMES" in all 50 states for the next 5 years. These are not war games, this is an introduction of the police state. We owe the Mayor of Toledo a huge debt of gratitude for stopping this treason.

hairball
02-14-2008, 12:25 PM
The Mayor is a coward and an idiot and the people of Toledo should show their satisfaction with this clown by voting him out.

How is training your tropps to fight in an environent they are embroiled in treasonous? I wonder at the thinking behind such myopia. Would you be happier, since you are obviously against the war, for more troops to die because thier fighting skills were not honed the way they should be?

You are afraid, you say? Of what? As a Constitutionalist, you should have a firearm or two in your home. You should be proficient in their use. Proficient enough to make any of your fairy tales/cum reality a harsh burden on anyone attempting to subjegate us. Even our own Govt. Have you made a pest of yourself at the local law enforcement ranges? Taken any traiing on how to defend your home from invasion?

I know I did when lived in Los Angeles. I learned from the L.A. sheriff's dept. how to enter a home, and in doing so, I learned how to repell borders. As proven everytime a citizendefends his home from some thug, knowing how to defend yourself is YOUR responcibility, so fear of your military taking you out is fairy fluff.

This mayor is making a personal stand and endangering the lives of our soldiers, some of whom are family members of mine, as they are shipped to parts elsewhere. This mayor is not noble. He is not brave. He is traitorous and insipid and hungry only for his own bit of newsprint.

Crickett
02-14-2008, 01:53 PM
The Mayor is a coward and an idiot and the people of Toledo should show their satisfaction with this clown by voting him out.

How is training your tropps to fight in an environent they are embroiled in treasonous? I wonder at the thinking behind such myopia. Would you be happier, since you are obviously against the war, for more troops to die because thier fighting skills were not honed the way they should be?

You are afraid, you say? Of what? As a Constitutionalist, you should have a firearm or two in your home. You should be proficient in their use. Proficient enough to make any of your fairy tales/cum reality a harsh burden on anyone attempting to subjegate us. Even our own Govt. Have you made a pest of yourself at the local law enforcement ranges? Taken any traiing on how to defend your home from invasion?

I know I did when lived in Los Angeles. I learned from the L.A. sheriff's dept. how to enter a home, and in doing so, I learned how to repell borders. As proven everytime a citizendefends his home from some thug, knowing how to defend yourself is YOUR responcibility, so fear of your military taking you out is fairy fluff.

This mayor is making a personal stand and endangering the lives of our soldiers, some of whom are family members of mine, as they are shipped to parts elsewhere. This mayor is not noble. He is not brave. He is traitorous and insipid and hungry only for his own bit of newsprint.

FIRST of all you do not have your Constitution straight. No troops should be "shipped" anywhere, without a declaration of war. They also do NOT need to train in OUR towns, when they can train at military bases as usual.
You are blind to what is going on. BLIND. By the way, why are our borders not secure? They want to open our borders and create a union of this continent. WE ARE a separate country that fought against this sort of thing when it was set up. If you do not believe in our Constitution then go to a country where they HAD martial law until their people stopped protesting and dying in the streets.

hairball
02-14-2008, 02:34 PM
My what tangents we take. How naive and flighty we are, dear.

Where, exactly, are military bases? I seem to remember Tucson being home to Davis Monthan AFB. Fallon NV, we had the NAS out there. You do not think they are remote, removed areas where they should not enjoy the comradship and companionship of the citizens, do you?

You are showing fear over something you should neither be fearful of, nor unprepared for. Stop waiting for others to take care of you. Be an individual that not only believes in the Constitution, but lives it, as well.

orafi
02-14-2008, 06:07 PM
So they're training in American urban warfare... what does that have to do with the Iraq war?

allyinoh
02-14-2008, 06:16 PM

Where, exactly, are military bases? I seem to remember Tucson being home to Davis Monthan AFB. Fallon NV, we had the NAS out there. You do not think they are remote, removed areas where they should not enjoy the comradship and companionship of the citizens, do you?

You are showing fear over something you should neither be fearful of, nor unprepared for. Stop waiting for others to take care of you. Be an individual that not only believes in the Constitution, but lives it, as well.

You're right, we have military bases in America so our troops can train, practice, etc there.

Where you are wrong is that there is no need for our troops to be doing mock gun fights, urban combat, etc in cities. There's just no need for that.

They can build what they need to on the bases, I'm okay with that as this is the purpose of a military base, for the military.

Being scared really isn't a concern, but the point is we have military bases for a reason and they are big enough to build a mock city or what not to do these type of drills.

The mayor has the right to say yes or no to the military, especially military that is from another state.

WilliamC
02-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Practicing war games during peace time in American cities is a small step from having the military practice mock occupation of said cities.

The sole rational for this type of training is to desensitize the military to the idea of operating against American civilians, and to desensitize American civilians to the idea of having the military patrolling the streets.

As far as I'm concerned, this is simply practice for real life martial law, and I want no part of it.

bj72
02-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Practicing war games during peace time in American cities is a small step from having the military practice mock occupation of said cities.

The sole rational for this type of training is to desensitize the military to the idea of operating against American civilians, and to desensitize American civilians to the idea of having the military patrolling the streets.

As far as I'm concerned, this is simply practice for real life martial law, and I want no part of it.

+1
As a military spouse of many years, I totally agree with the above.

Crickett
02-14-2008, 09:19 PM

I am not prepared to "quarter" troops. Especially when the leaders of these troops are NOT most probably on my side nor on the side of the Constitution in their motives. I see no constitutional reason troops should train in towns. They need to secure our borders. If they do a good job, maybe we would not have to defend our towns against any foreign enemy. Domestic enemies have no need to train in our towns, either. It would give them an edge.

Crickett
02-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Amendment III

That is exactly what I was trying to say, only you said it better.

minitman
02-15-2008, 03:47 AM
i live just outside of toledo, this guy is more of a dictator than stalin or hitler. with his 600,000 dollar tax payer bike path by his own house to his personal 10,000 dollar shower in the mayor office. dont forget toledo is a declining city because of taxes and corruption,this guy is at the center! those buildings are privet owned and the corps had their permission. downtown is nothing much more than boarded up buildings. its a joke of a city!

MAGICKAL
02-15-2008, 05:16 AM
The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 16, 1878 after the end of Reconstruction. The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (Army, Air Force, and State National Guard forces when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement police or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (States, their counties and municipal divisions) in the former Confederate states.

The statute generally prohibits federal military personnel and units of the United States National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Coast Guard is exempt from the Posse Comitatus Act.

The Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act substantially limit the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement.

hairball
02-15-2008, 08:31 AM
I am not prepared to "quarter" troops. Especially when the leaders of these troops are NOT most probably on my side nor on the side of the Constitution in their motives. I see no constitutional reason troops should train in towns. They need to secure our borders. If they do a good job, maybe we would not have to defend our towns against any foreign enemy. Domestic enemies have no need to train in our towns, either. It would give them an edge.

Noone is asking you to quarter troops, are they. They are asking to train. If you are a liberty loving person, this would raise no red flags, you would merely extend your training AS YOU SHOULD. stop being a bunch of rabbits, and stop treating your military like they are the enemy. They are not. They are our sons, daughters, wives and husbands.

This kind of fear frenzy would be laughable if it weren't taken so seriously by the rabbits in this bunch.

The mayor is scum, pure and simple.

WilliamC
02-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Noone is asking you to quarter troops, are they. They are asking to train. If you are a liberty loving person, this would raise no red flags, you would merely extend your training AS YOU SHOULD. stop being a bunch of rabbits, and stop treating your military like they are the enemy. They are not. They are our sons, daughters, wives and husbands.

This kind of fear frenzy would be laughable if it weren't taken so seriously by the rabbits in this bunch.

I don't know the mayor nor his motivations, so I can't disagree with your assesment of him.

But if you think having armed combat troops practice urban warfare in US cities against the wishes of the local government is a good thing, you're naive.

The only thing that keeps our military "good" is that they swear an oath of allegiience to our Constitution and, presumably, the ideals it represents, AND that they are supposed to be commanded by civilians who themselves swear an oath to the same Constitution.

Remove the ideals that our Nation is founded upon, remove the respect for the Constitution and the ideals it enshrines, and it's only a matter of time before some politician decides to use the military to further their own power instead of protecting US citizens. It's easy to say that our soldiers and marines would never follow such unlawful orders, but if they are trained in US cities to conduct combat operations in the presence of US civilians then that's a huge step in desensitizing them to following unlawful orders.

Heck, given the dismal state of the economy of some inner cities it might be possible for the DOD to simply buy out a square mile or so of abandoned buildings and such. That way the military can train in urban combat all they want without the inconvenient fact that US civilians happen to live and work there.

tommyzDad
02-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Nvm

hairball
02-15-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't know the mayor nor his motivations, so I can't disagree with your assesment of him.

But if you think having armed combat troops practice urban warfare in US cities against the wishes of the local government is a good thing, you're naive.

The only thing that keeps our military "good" is that they swear an oath of allegiience to our Constitution and, presumably, the ideals it represents, AND that they are supposed to be commanded by civilians who themselves swear an oath to the same Constitution.

Remove the ideals that our Nation is founded upon, remove the respect for the Constitution and the ideals it enshrines, and it's only a matter of time before some politician decides to use the military to further their own power instead of protecting US citizens. It's easy to say that our soldiers and marines would never follow such unlawful orders, but if they are trained in US cities to conduct combat operations in the presence of US civilians then that's a huge step in desensitizing them to following unlawful orders.

Heck, given the dismal state of the economy of some inner cities it might be possible for the DOD to simply buy out a square mile or so of abandoned buildings and such. That way the military can train in urban combat all they want without the inconvenient fact that US civilians happen to live and work there.

Naive? Not even close. Having survived two full riots, one in this country and one down south, I am familiar with use and need of troops in times of emergency having SOME savvy in urban warfare.

Some of you are worried about training our guys, our soldiers, our family to learn to fight in an urban environ THAT THEY ARE CURRENTLY involved. Why? Some of you say it is to desensitize us to the appearance of our folks in uniform. Maybe it is as advertized. I am more wary of the local cop than I am of a U.S. soldier.

Sure, they took an oath. As an American, you are, we are, pledged to be prepared to defend ourselves. Remember, boys and girls, the Second Amendment?

Learn to defend yourselves in your homes. You are legally entitled to do so, and as an American, you are obliged to do so. Only rabbits, meek and fearful need fear these exercises. Proud americans, unfearful and proud of our soldiers, and wanting the best for our soldiers, will watch and learn and hope they do learn their training well. Remember, when they get off service, they can teach YOU how to fight, as well.

All this muck is just a bunch of hang wringing from rabbits that have no sympathy for our soldiers, and would prefer they die from lack of training than entertaining them in your hometown.

Noone has told you to open your doors to them, just to let them do as they need to do.

Crickett
02-15-2008, 01:05 PM
That's a good one of a few.

WilliamC
02-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Naive? Not even close. Having survived two full riots, one in this country and one down south, I am familiar with use and need of troops in times of emergency having SOME savvy in urban warfare.

Some of you are worried about training our guys, our soldiers, our family to learn to fight in an urban environ THAT THEY ARE CURRENTLY involved. Why? Some of you say it is to desensitize us to the appearance of our folks in uniform. Maybe it is as advertized. I am more wary of the local cop than I am of a U.S. soldier.

I don't object to the military training in urban warfare, I just don't think it should be done in American cities where there are American civilians in harms way.

What is the point of this if not to get the soldiers themselves used to conducting combat operations against Americans?

Sure, they took an oath. As an American, you are, we are, pledged to be prepared to defend ourselves. Remember, boys and girls, the Second Amendment?

Learn to defend yourselves in your homes. You are legally entitled to do so, and as an American, you are obliged to do so.

And without access to the same types of weapons that the military has this helps us defend ourselves against a military force how?

Only rabbits, meek and fearful need fear these exercises. Proud americans, unfearful and proud of our soldiers, and wanting the best for our soldiers, will watch and learn and hope they do learn their training well. Remember, when they get off service, they can teach YOU how to fight, as well.

Again, without the restraint of the Constitution on our political leaders (which is very weak these days) our military is potentially capable of being used against us instead of to defend us.

It would be nice to pretend that this is impossible, but it is possible. I said you are naive because you seem to think that under no circumstances could our military ever be used against our civilian population.

I hope you are right, but I would prefer not to get soldiers desensitized to the idea of conducting combat operations in American cities. It's not as if we are under any realistic threat of invasion.

All this muck is just a bunch of hang wringing from rabbits that have no sympathy for our soldiers, and would prefer they die from lack of training than entertaining them in your hometown.

Once more, the issue is not whether or not our soldiers need training in urban warfare.

It's whether or not this training needs be done in American cities with real live American civilians in harms way.

I think that is a step too close to practicing for martial law myself.

Noone has told you to open your doors to them, just to let them do as they need to do.

Not yet, but given the right combination of bad politicians and unforeseen events do you think this is impossible?

One more time, if we had any honest fear of an invasion from a foreign power then perhaps real-life training in our cities may be necessary.

But I don't see anyone suggesting that this training is in any way a response to the threat of an invasion of US soil.

I find it hard to believe that the DOD does not have perfectly adequate bases on which to conduct urban warfare training.

So why then, do they need to train in American cities, with American civilians in harms way?

hairball
02-15-2008, 03:28 PM
You know, Will, anything is possible. That is why I had previously, and frequently stated that if you consider yourself a good, Constitutional American you prepare yourself for the possibilites. You are still singing the Rabbit's song of fear.

You make excuses, the weapons are different, the people will get frightened, they just might turn our sons and daughters against us.

Read about this thing on the net. read the papers about it. The mayor is making an example of the Marrines because he is a congenital bully. He is filth and scum and the good people of Toledo are being ill-served by him. The local police had helped set the shindig up. It had been done before because Toledo has some run-down buildings that are unoccupied that could and should be used by our soldiers to help keep themselves alive.

As far as standing up to your Govt-cum-thuggery, well, that is why you need to train, set up a network, like we have here, and keep on your toes. Study startegy, for your troops do.

Jeez, Petes, what a bunch of sheep. Bleating, helpless sheep. The talk is big when you feel there are dark conspiracies, but when the question of your basic, righful responcibilites to yourself and your neighbors comes up, you look to a cowardly bully like this mayor for an example of 'The Struggle'.

I am not afraid. Most of the folks that taught me were trained in various militaries. As a kid my dad and mom always taught us we should be prepared, for anything, the best we can. They grew up in the Depression. They not only survived, they did well. My dad taught me to box and fight with knives. I met friends who taught me how to handfle firearms. When I met my wife, I taught here all that I knew. When we raised our daughters, we taught them all we knew. My duaghters learned to handle firearms, knives and hand-to-hand. My daughters will not be victims, they will not live in fear. Now I have grandchildren. Guess what, all that my dad taught me, I will help their mom teach them. I accepted that responcibility. I took steps to be able to defend myself and not live the life of a rabbit, quivering at every snapping twig, or a sheep, bleating helplessly. I live peaceably and calmly because i took my responcibility seriously.

If you like, as a PM, I could outline a few notes of strategy on how to level the playing field. It is info that is out there, if you care to live with your enighbors free of fear.

Here is another side. What if, for the sake of argument, the fight does come here, and your soldiers are fighting and dying in your cities to protect you, will YOU be ready to assist in all the ways that you can? Some here talk passionately about the UN take-over of this country. I do not see it, but a fer-instance could put the blue-helms fighting our own sons and daughters in our own streets, and you mean to tell me you won't be able to do anything more than look just as frightened as you did when our soldiers practised in those same streets?

1000-points-of-fright
02-15-2008, 04:02 PM
OK, listen up. I live in Toledo. Our mayor is a whack job. He was a whack job the first time he was in office and somehow he managed to convince people he'd changed and they voted him in again.

Regardless, his objection over the marines training here is not some righteous statement about the constitution or concern for the citizens' well-being. It's ego. He says he didn't know about it until the last minute and he just has to know and control everything. He also likes making a big show of how in control he is.

We've had the military train downtown before and there were no problems. It was in the papers and on the news before hand... no body freaked out. As far as safety goes, they're not armed. They aren't even using simunitions or lasers. I didn't see a single weapon with a magazine inserted. Plus, they were training for patrolling, logistics, and command post set up. There was no combat or tactical training.

Downtown Toledo on the weekend is a ghost town until it's club time and even then there still aren't that many folks there. By the time it's half past beer, the military maneuvers are over for the most part.

hairball
02-15-2008, 04:09 PM
OK, listen up. I live in Toledo. Our mayor is a whack job. He was a whack job the first time he was in office and somehow he managed to convince people he'd changed and they voted him in again.

Regardless, his objection over the marines training here is not some righteous statement about the constitution or concern for the citizens' well-being. It's ego. He says he didn't know about it until the last minute and he just has to know and control everything. He also likes making a big show of how in control he is.

We've had the military train downtown before and there were no problems. It was in the papers and on the news before hand... no body freaked out. As far as safety goes, they're not armed. They aren't even using simunitions or lasers. I didn't see a single weapon with a magazine inserted. Plus, they were training for patrolling, logistics, and command post set up. There was no combat or tactical training.

Downtown Toledo on the weekend is a ghost town until it's club time and even then there still aren't that many folks there. By the time it's half past beer, the military maneuvers are over for the most part.

Just an aside, I have read a bit of the Mayor's antics. Seems he has a thing for pushing people around. I mean, literally, he shoved a Sheriff a restraunt owner... this guy does sound like a serious whack-job.

Tell me you guys have someone better in store next election cycle.

wil-c
02-16-2008, 03:45 AM
You know, Will, anything is possible. That is why I had previously, and frequently stated that if you consider yourself a good, Constitutional American you prepare yourself for the possibilites. You are still singing the Rabbit's song of fear.

You make excuses, the weapons are different, the people will get frightened, they just might turn our sons and daughters against us.

Read about this thing on the net. read the papers about it. The mayor is making an example of the Marrines because he is a congenital bully. He is filth and scum and the good people of Toledo are being ill-served by him. The local police had helped set the shindig up. It had been done before because Toledo has some run-down buildings that are unoccupied that could and should be used by our soldiers to help keep themselves alive.

As far as standing up to your Govt-cum-thuggery, well, that is why you need to train, set up a network, like we have here, and keep on your toes. Study startegy, for your troops do.

Jeez, Petes, what a bunch of sheep. Bleating, helpless sheep. The talk is big when you feel there are dark conspiracies, but when the question of your basic, righful responcibilites to yourself and your neighbors comes up, you look to a cowardly bully like this mayor for an example of 'The Struggle'.

I am not afraid. Most of the folks that taught me were trained in various militaries. As a kid my dad and mom always taught us we should be prepared, for anything, the best we can. They grew up in the Depression. They not only survived, they did well. My dad taught me to box and fight with knives. I met friends who taught me how to handfle firearms. When I met my wife, I taught here all that I knew. When we raised our daughters, we taught them all we knew. My duaghters learned to handle firearms, knives and hand-to-hand. My daughters will not be victims, they will not live in fear. Now I have grandchildren. Guess what, all that my dad taught me, I will help their mom teach them. I accepted that responcibility. I took steps to be able to defend myself and not live the life of a rabbit, quivering at every snapping twig, or a sheep, bleating helplessly. I live peaceably and calmly because i took my responcibility seriously.

If you like, as a PM, I could outline a few notes of strategy on how to level the playing field. It is info that is out there, if you care to live with your enighbors free of fear.

Here is another side. What if, for the sake of argument, the fight does come here, and your soldiers are fighting and dying in your cities to protect you, will YOU be ready to assist in all the ways that you can? Some here talk passionately about the UN take-over of this country. I do not see it, but a fer-instance could put the blue-helms fighting our own sons and daughters in our own streets, and you mean to tell me you won't be able to do anything more than look just as frightened as you did when our soldiers practised in those same streets?

PM me with the information and/or tips you have to offer. I'd appreciate the notes and/or wherever else you can point me to towards material to study.

Crowish
02-17-2008, 08:19 AM

So you think it is acceptable for armed Federal troops to train in a town - against the wishes of the local government? You are OK with the deployment of Federal troops like that?

Your assertion that the responses in this thread are indicative of hatred toward the armed forces is an assumption that has no merit. I suggest you go back and read some of the responses, particularly those that quote the Constitution.

That you equate agreement with the Mayor's stance on this issue and hatred of the military is offensive. Some of us have family fighting in Iraq right now in the military.

FreeTraveler
02-17-2008, 08:36 AM

Those "friendly" troops have taken a sacred oath to uphold the Constitution.

Then they have submissively followed their leaders' orders and are now killing and being killed in an unconstitional operation in Iraq, an operation that would be impossible if they took their oath to the Constition seriously. The Constitution requires a Declaration of War.

The mayor is defending his home territory from a gang of extra-legal terrorists that are currently operating in a foreign country outside the bounds of the Constitution. Do you believe that because they are on US soil they will suddenly follow the rule of law?

hairball
02-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Jilly, no sooner do you claim that the posts show to hatred toward out troops than some ding-a-ling posts after you that our troops are terrorists.

Do YOU agree with that assessment? Is that how you view our soldiers, our sons and daughters? Do you not believe that our soldiers are not human?

The assumption that the mayor is protecting his city is sanctimonious bull pucky. He is doing it for no other reason thatn to show he can swing a bigger pair. You have truly not read the background on this episode and this peice of filth mayor.

I too, have family in there, back from there and about to go there. The mayor's own words and actions are offensive. I am merely stating the obvious. No dark conspiracy that so many seem to love. This mayor cares more for his own standing and being able to swing the bigger pair than he cares about our family members surviving in enemy territory.

angelatc
02-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Y Some here talk passionately about the UN take-over of this country. I do not see it, but a fer-instance could put the blue-helms fighting our own sons and daughters in our own streets, and you mean to tell me you won't be able to do anything more than look just as frightened as you did when our soldiers practised in those same streets?

When the UN takeover happens, the US troops will be fighting on behalf of the UN.

Sorry, but I do not want them to train in the streets.

They're not my friends, they're soldiers, and the government is training them to defend the government, not the citizens.

Crowish
02-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Jilly, no sooner do you claim that the posts show to hatred toward out troops than some ding-a-ling posts after you that our troops are terrorists.

Do YOU agree with that assessment? Is that how you view our soldiers, our sons and daughters? Do you not believe that our soldiers are not human?

The assumption that the mayor is protecting his city is sanctimonious bull pucky. He is doing it for no other reason thatn to show he can swing a bigger pair. You have truly not read the background on this episode and this peice of filth mayor.

I too, have family in there, back from there and about to go there. The mayor's own words and actions are offensive. I am merely stating the obvious. No dark conspiracy that so many seem to love. This mayor cares more for his own standing and being able to swing the bigger pair than he cares about our family members surviving in enemy territory.

I don't agree that our troops are terrorists.

I really don't care what the Mayor's motivation is and I think that his motivation is beside the point.

He has the right to prohibit the Federal troops. Period.

hairball
02-18-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't agree that our troops are terrorists.

I really don't care what the Mayor's motivation is and I think that his motivation is beside the point.

He has the right to prohibit the Federal troops. Period.

You know, I think his motivation is improtant enough to care about. He has the right, if he is protecting his people from something. For his attitude to be one of brinkmanship is not only childish, but treasonous on the shallowest of surfaces.

Motivation is everything.

1000-points-of-fright
02-18-2008, 06:21 PM
For those who insist on defending Toledo's wonderful mayor, here's a link to a local website documenting many of the Mayor's accomplishments. The mod is also an RP supporter, so we know he's smart :)

http://www.politicalwhore.com/?cat=11

hairball
02-19-2008, 08:35 AM
For those who insist on defending Toledo's wonderful mayor, here's a link to a local website documenting many of the Mayor's accomplishments. The mod is also an RP supporter, so we know he's smart :)

http://www.politicalwhore.com/?cat=11

I have come to observe that the mayor's supporters aren't so much supporters of a slimy piece of filth, and much as they have a knee-jerk reaction to any kind of humiliation the military can receive, even from a tin-pot tyrant like Mayor Fink.

That is why motivation IS so important.

Carole
02-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Kudos to the Mayor and ride the council out of town on a rail. :)

Carole
02-20-2008, 09:11 PM
I agree with the mayor--whacko or not.

Carole
02-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Nothing unless you are training for urban warfare against Amercans.
This really angers me,. :mad:

Carole
02-20-2008, 09:14 PM
I do not want American troops doing urban warfare training against Americans.

They have military bases for training. Do you really want them practicing policing American citizens???????????????????????/

I think it is against the law anyway. :eek:

Carole
02-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Nevertheless, he is right about this one thing.

hairball
02-21-2008, 09:13 AM

This filth, he has no rights. What he does have is powerr, and that is conditional. I have a cousin, a nephew, a brother and two nieces in the military. Unlike you, I do NOT consider them to be The Enemy. If the training helps my nephew stay alive, since it was probably part of the plan from a committee my cousin, I see no problem when a city's planners invite them to come over. It is insulting a traitorous for a slimy mayor to deny something that has been pre-arranged only because he felt slighted.

1000-points-of-fright
02-21-2008, 05:06 PM

No, he's not. If he were doing it as a protest of encroaching military power and martial law, then he would be right. Instead, he is doing it because he is a egotistical power-mad douchebag that wants to show how tough he is.

Abuse of power, even in the public good, is still abuse of power and wrong.

familydog
02-27-2008, 01:54 PM
The mayor of Toledo is a nut. Even nuts make a good decision once in a while, but this seems to be for the wrong reasons.