PDA

View Full Version : Interesting media bias/blackout anecdote...

familydog
02-09-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm sure one of the few things all of us here can agree on is that the media chooses who we vote for. They choose who to report on and who not to, and they either pretend Ron Paul doesn't exist, or smear him. We have seen over this past year numerous examples of it, but it never really hit home for me until today.

I have a very good friend who is the night editor for a small town newspaper here in PA. I am not going to say who this person is or what town, but this is all true. My friend called me up on Super Tuesday to talk about what's going to happen on both sides and to talk about our predictions etc, and I started going on about how the media is making sure Ron Paul doesn't win and gave various reasons why. Well, my friend wasn't really sure what to make of all of that.

Well, today my friend gets ahold of me and we talk about the race. Then he tells me something that is definitive of what we are having to deal with in this campaign. He had to choose between running an Obama or running a Hillary front page story and put a large picture on the page of whichever my friend chose in order to grab attention. He told me he chose Obama over Hillary because he wants to see Obama get the Democratic nod. He told me, that the day after that article was in print, he began to understand what I was telling him about the media.

I'm sure this doesn't shock anyone, but it did suprise me some because this person is a great friend of mine, so it became a little personal for me. Between this and that Montana newspaper editorial apologizing for not being fair and talking about Ron Paul, it sums up how elections in the United States are pretty much run.

By the way, my friend is not sheeple or whatever because he was rooting for Paul to win the GOP race too.