PDA

View Full Version : Deep breath, marching FOWARD!

jbuttell
02-09-2008, 02:24 PM
The general perception from reading Ron Paul's latest mesage to us seems somewhat negative.

It was an unquestionable blow to our campaign. But the message from him is just him being honest with us, as usual. Don't let HONESTY get you down. With this entire race though, consider that no one has known the answers. Ron Paul never claimed to know how well he'd do anywhere.

Ron wouldn't be wasting our time if he honestly thought there wasn't a chance.

This is the time to continue marching on! Don't let the "news" break us. Don't let the voter irregularities (which are HIGHLY suspect!) get you down. They WANT us to back down to ensure McCain doesn't have to go through a brokered convention.

This is the time to take as many delegates away from McCain as possible in the remaining states. If we lay down without giving them a fight, the chances of McCain getting the nod are that much more likely.

Lets do EVERYTHING we can to ensure a brokered convention - I believe that should be our primary objective at this point! Do not back down, Ron Paul surely isn't!

.jeremy

Teflon Master
02-09-2008, 02:28 PM
"blow to the campaign"? that he isn't running a third party? he did the best thing he possibly could have. Him risking losing the election running as an independent and thus LOSING his congressional seat would be the real "blow". If you are a supporter of Ron, you will support him and his congressional seat.

Other than that, I will continue to push Ron Paul in this election. Even if he doesn't get it, I will not cry that isn't running as a 3rd party- I will congratulate him.

There is no end, it is just the beginning. Just we will probably have to work to change the system from the bottom up instead of the top down.

jbuttell
02-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Lets just be clear here - I didn't specifically mention 3rd party in my post above - you're bringing that up. My post was primarily in references to his statement about the probability of a Brokered convention with regards to Romney's recent departure from the race.

.jeremy