PDA

View Full Version : KANSAS: 65% reporting - Ron 11%, McCain 23%, Huckabee 60%

goldstandard
02-09-2008, 02:21 PM
http://www.politico.com/

Agora
02-09-2008, 02:24 PM
M.Mead more than ever : "A small group of thoughtful people could change the world."

virginiakid
02-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Arrggh...................Well, at least it is Huckabee and not McCain.

Paulitical Correctness
02-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Go Huck go!

4RP08inKCMO
02-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm convinced that Huckabee is being used to make sure Ron Paul doesn't win any states. If Huckabee would have thrown his support to McCain like Romney did, where do you think some of those Huckabee votes would have gone? Not to McCain.

Oh well, I guess I should look at it this way: When this election is over, Ron Paul will be back to work in D.C. and Huckabee will be back in Arkansas gaining weight.

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 02:32 PM
long as mccain doesn't win here on out, I'm good

cause he can win everything here on out and still not secure the nod and gaurantee a brokered convention

fabijo
02-09-2008, 02:33 PM
whew. no McCain

JonathanR
02-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Good job, Huck.

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Mitt's drop I still feel gaurantees a borkered convention cause Huck is gonna sweep from here on out, you watch

kyleAF
02-09-2008, 02:40 PM

Yea, politico apparently has already reported on Ron Paul's letter from yesterday as a "Kucinich moment" where he will "scale back" on his campaign.

Charles Wilson
02-09-2008, 02:41 PM

cause he can win everything here on out and still not secure the nod and gaurantee a brokered convention

I watched Huck speak at CPAC via TV this morning. Unfortunately Huck is just another neocon. Neoconservatism is just another word for Fascism. There is not a whole lot of difference between McCain and Huckabee -- compare where they stand on the issues today and you will see what I mean. I suspect that Huckabee will be offered the VP position under McCain.

Gadsden Flag
02-09-2008, 02:42 PM
If RP doesn't win Washington State, I think he really ought to focus on his congress run.

The last thing we need is for him to be completely out of office.

tpreitzel
02-09-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm convinced that Huckabee is being used to make sure Ron Paul doesn't win any states.

He likely is.

Feelgood
02-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Well at least we know from here on out, we will at least place third. :D

If RP doesn't win Washington State, I think he really ought to focus on his congress run.

The last thing we need is for him to be completely out of office.

Go away!

virginiakid
02-09-2008, 02:51 PM
75% reporting and Huckabee's lead seems to be growing.

gaazn
02-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Mitt's drop I still feel gaurantees a borkered convention cause Huck is gonna sweep from here on out, you watch

i think so. he's got the social conservatives and anti-mccain votes, which are very committed to vote. mccain's supporters will turn out less because they believe the news media's coronation of him.

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I watched Huck speak at CPAC via TV this morning. Unfortunately Huck is just another neocon. Neoconservatism is just another word for Fascism. There is not a whole lot of difference between McCain and Huckabee -- compare where they stand on the issues today and you will see what I mean. I suspect that Huckabee will be offered the VP position under McCain.

I agree with you, but that'sbeside the point. The establishment has no idea how many of these delegates are Ron Paul people in disguise, all we need is Huckabee to gaurantee a brokered convention and they'll realize how many delegates they all lose.

It's a slight possibility, but it's a possibility

and yes, Paul should focus on congress on the time being, though all those who are delgates for every state should stay focused and remember what's at stake.

4RP08inKCMO
02-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Do any of you think Huckabee could still pull a Romney for "the good of the party" if they promise him VP or something?

virginiakid
02-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Do any of you think Huckabee could still pull a Romney for "the good of the party" if they promise him VP or something?

Yes. But really depends on Tuesday. But then again, he does have his eye on Texas.

margomaps
02-09-2008, 03:04 PM

He could, but why would he do that if he's starting to win primaries and catch up with McCain? He has ambition to be the president, and I'm sure he feels that he's in it to win at this point. His confidence will be rightfully bolstered if he starts dominating McCain as in Kansas today.

itshappening
02-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Huck gets the church vote in massive numbers, it's kinda organized...

JordanQ72
02-09-2008, 03:06 PM

Let's be realistic, this is Kansas. You really thought this was going to be hardcore McCain country? Did you see what happened in places like Maine? He got trounced.

Also, this points to something interesting. People aren't that dumb. Romney's suspension is as good as a drop out, he isn't picking up any protest votes.

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Huckabee is in this for Huckabee

I don't think he even cares if he gets the nod or not, he likes this for two reasons.

- Huckabee loves a platform to talk about christianity

- Huckabee loves people loving Huckabee

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Let's be realistic, this is Kansas. You really thought this was going to be hardcore McCain country? Did you see what happened in places like Maine? He got trounced.

Also, this points to something interesting. People aren't that dumb. Romney's suspension is as good as a drop out, he isn't picking up any protest votes.

Mitt romney was in contention in Maine... I'm sure Mccai will still win a few, but I do feel Huckabee might be able to win just enough to screw Mccain over. I know a lot of people whrther they are RP or not will not vote Mccain if they are unbound.

The point is it's a possibility, not a large one, but it's the only one we got.

JordanQ72
02-09-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm convinced that Huckabee is being used to make sure Ron Paul doesn't win any states.

Sigh... :rolleyes:

This has been said about every single candidate out there. Do you have any PROOF for this assertion? Of course not. Polls don't show Ron Paul as a 2nd choice for Huckabee voters, oh, but right, all the polls are completely fabricated, right?

JordanQ72
02-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Mitt romney was in contention in Maine...

So you're claiming all those Romney votes actually had Huckabee as a secondary choice?

jillian
02-09-2008, 03:11 PM
can someone explain to me why Huckabee winning is a good thing?

Doesn't this mean he is just less inclined to bow out?

virginiakid
Is Kansas WTA?

rockandrollsouls
I'm just glad to see mccain not win another one, and who knows what will happen in Louisianna

jillian
02-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Is Kansas WTA?

what does WTA stand for?

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 03:12 PM
So you're claiming all those Romney votes actually had Huckabee as a secondary choice?

no, but I think they'd be willing to vote Huckabee if it meant Mccain isn't the nod

virginiakid
02-09-2008, 03:13 PM
what does WTA stand for?

WTA=Winner Takes All

jillian
02-09-2008, 03:13 PM
WTA=Winner Takes All

yes, it is

I totally thought you were referring to something else. I was about to rip your head off! :eek:

MrAustin
02-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Anyone know what would happen to Huck's delegates if Huckabee accepted a VP spot under McCaine? Would their delegates be combined (ruining the possibility of a brokered convention), or would they still be broken up?

By the way - everyone who hasn't already done this - MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO BECOME A DELEGATE FOR YOUR STATE! i.e. WHEN AND WEHRE TO BE. THIS IS ESSENTIAL!!! In most states it's not too late.

Carole
02-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Is Kansas a caucus state?

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 03:16 PM
can someone explain to me why Huckabee winning is a good thing?

Doesn't this mean he is just less inclined to bow out?

Why would you want him to bow, he still has enough momentum to drive enough voters to beat Mccain.

if he dropped out, while we have a dedicated core I doubt it's enough to beat mccain sadly, even with the boost from the anti-mccain vote.

we need him in for a brokered convention

coffeewithchess

See, this is what I'm not sure about...Huckabee needs like 980 delegates...there are about 1140 delegates remaining. I wish there was a breakdown of which of the remaining states are "winner take all" and which states are proportional...time to GOOGLE!

4RP08inKCMO
Sigh... :rolleyes:

This has been said about every single candidate out there. Do you have any PROOF for this assertion? Of course not. Polls don't show Ron Paul as a 2nd choice for Huckabee voters, oh, but right, all the polls are completely fabricated, right?

Who do the polls show as a 2nd choice for Huckabee voters? McCain? I didn't think so.

Carole
02-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Oops. Disregard, I just saw the WTA note. :(:

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Anyone know what would happen to Huck's delegates if Huckabee accepted a VP spot under McCaine? Would their delegates be combined (ruining the possibility of a brokered convention), or would they still be broken up?

By the way - everyone who hasn't already done this - MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO BECOME A DELEGATE FOR YOUR STATE! i.e. WHEN AND WEHRE TO BE. THIS IS ESSENTIAL!!! In most states it's not too late.

ummmm... if Hucka dropped out his delegates become unbound, if he stays he could use it in a brokered convention gaurantee a vP slot, but he and and mccain might lose more delegates in a brokered convention from those who are unbound... that's where we come in

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 03:19 PM
See, this is what I'm not sure about...Huckabee needs like 980 delegates...there are about 1140 delegates remaining. I wish there was a breakdown of which of the remaining states are "winner take all" and which states are proportional...time to GOOGLE!

trust me, there isn't enough, and I doubt Huckabee will have as many delegates at the end of the day

again the numbers you see are just estimates

JordanQ72
02-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Who do the polls show as a 2nd choice for Huckabee voters? McCain? I didn't think so.

Well, I see you failed to provide any proof for your assertion, how unsurprising. Look through the exit polling day yourself.

Neomatrix
02-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Huckabeast declare winner with 78% We got double digits!! Third Place! Woooo:D

wgadget
02-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Wow, those Kansans really don't like John McCain.

I'm surprised, though, at how few people voted in total.

No1ButPaul08
02-09-2008, 03:26 PM

And that would be the end of McCain's campaign. Huckabee is unelectable as VP or Pres. McCain's biggest challenge is making it to the nomination without offering Huckabee the VP. Something he really doesn't want to do.

As for the Kansas result, we couldn't have hoped for any better. The more states Huckabee wins and McCain doesn't, the better

chipvogel
02-09-2008, 03:29 PM
McCain should drop for "the good of the world"

affa
02-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Regardless of what state, this represents a major rejection of McCain despite media already having called it.

This is VERY good for us.

4RP08inKCMO
02-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Well, I see you failed to provide any proof for your assertion, how unsurprising. Look through the exit polling day yourself.

I don't have any proof. None of the exit polls I have ever looked at showed anything about voter's second choice. But you seem to know, so who is the second choice for Huckabee voters?

kickzman
02-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Yea baby Ron Paul in 3rd place.:D

noztnac
02-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Imagine if it were just Ron Paul and McCain. Now throw in Hillary.

We can win a three way race.

kickzman
02-09-2008, 03:36 PM
If Huckabee drops out we will start placin 2nd place or hire.;)

goldstandard
02-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Imagining what we could have reached without a media blackout makes me wanna puke. F$%& Huckabee and f$%& McCain.

MozoVote
02-09-2008, 03:42 PM
The media was definately spinning McCain as the favorite, last night. This is a MAJOR rejection.

I'm not too surprised though. Obama won Kansas bigtime. People in the midwest are looking for alternatives to the mainstream candidates.

TSOL
02-09-2008, 03:42 PM
The MSM blackout is sickening

CNN has 3 Faces of candiates, Romney being one of them and it says DROPPED OUT

Shills

4RP08inKCMO
02-09-2008, 03:44 PM
If Huckabee drops out we will start placin 2nd place or hire.;)

"There were 11. Now there are two."

Then we just need McCain to drop out! :)

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-09-2008, 03:46 PM

Shills

Pathetic! Phuk CNN and the rest of the MSM!

RonRules
02-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Remember that Huck had 1/3 the money Paul had (has) and 1/10th the grass roots support. Weak media coverage as well.

Why is that? One name: Ed Rollins. The best value deal in politics.

jillian
02-09-2008, 03:55 PM

Shills

seriously, this is BS. this has got to be illegal, right?

jillian
02-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Remember that Huck had 1/3 the money Paul had (has) and 1/10th the grass roots support. Weak media coverage as well.

This reminded me of something funny from the Caucus today. Huckleberry's speaker said, "join Chuck Norris and vote for Mike Huckabee.":rolleyes:

Charles Wilson
02-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Imagining what we could have reached without a media blackout makes me wanna puke. F$%& Huckabee and f$%& McCain.

Amen!

nbhadja
02-09-2008, 04:00 PM

Huck had WAYYYY more media coverage than Paul because he is not a threat to the establishment. He was not blacked out at all.

scandinaviany3
02-09-2008, 04:08 PM
http://kansas.electionmall.com/ks_results.html

Molly1
02-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Huck had WAYYYY more media coverage than Paul because he is not a threat to the establishment. He was not blacked out at all.

Huckabee is a new world order candidate.

Usurping the vote of misled Christians...

Supported by his friend Hagee who claims that Jesus is not the Messiah.

Keep voting for Armageddon, Christians, you just might get it.

But, forget about being raptured. You will stay here and enjoy Hell on earth with everybody else.

SteveMartin
02-09-2008, 04:20 PM
The results in KS were at 82% of precincts reporting and RP had 2182 votes. Now CNN is reporting 100% of precincts reporting and RP still has the same 2182 votes.

fuzzybekool
02-09-2008, 04:24 PM
At least McCain lost.

nightlight
02-09-2008, 04:25 PM
The results in KS were at 82% of precincts reporting and RP had 2182 votes. Now CNN is reporting 100% of precincts reporting and RP still has the same 2182 votes.

How do the reported counts mesh with the impressions from the field?

Carole
02-09-2008, 04:29 PM
The letter Ron put out to us yesterday has been hijacked and is now being used in various news stories suggesting that Ron Paul has suspended his Presidential campaign to conduct his run for Congress. This cannot help us.

Redstate has used it.

The Battle in TX-14
h ttp://www.redstate.com/

Conservative Pulse
Ron Paul Suspends Campaign (Sorta)
Posted on 02.09.08 by Austin Cassidy @ 3:06 pm

h ttp://www.conservativepulse.com/home/2008/02/09/ron-paul-suspends-campaign-sorta/

BrettCates
02-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Huck won with 60%......I thought it was a winner take all? How did MCCancer Boy get 2 delegates???

JordanQ72
02-09-2008, 04:46 PM
I don't have any proof.

What's your basis for believing this then?

None of the exit polls I have ever looked at showed anything about voter's second choice. But you seem to know, so who is the second choice for Huckabee voters?

You know, that's interesting. I've never went through what the news media release to the public from the exit polls. It's odd that they decide to self censor themselves in their releases, and different outlets release different things from the exit poll. I don't have a license from Edison Media that allows me to freely redistribute their polls, so I can't post that, but I managed to find one instance of them posting that part of the poll. This is from Florida that was publicly released by CNN, ABC, and CBS but not AP or FOX.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9760/x107721zm8.png

Now, I know you'll say this is Florida only, but I can say it doesn't look much different in other regions. It seems I won't be able to publicly post anything that proves that though.

tommyzDad
02-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Huckabee is a new world order candidate.

Usurping the vote of misled Christians...

Supported by his friend Hagee who claims that Jesus is not the Messiah.

Keep voting for Armageddon, Christians, you just might get it.

But, forget about being raptured. You will stay here and enjoy Hell on earth with everybody else.

QFT.

Molly1
The letter Ron put out to us yesterday has been hijacked and is now being used in various news stories suggesting that Ron Paul has suspended his Presidential campaign to conduct his run for Congress. This cannot help us.

Redstate has used it.

The Battle in TX-14
h ttp://www.redstate.com/

Conservative Pulse
Ron Paul Suspends Campaign (Sorta)
Posted on 02.09.08 by Austin Cassidy @ 3:06 pm

h ttp://www.conservativepulse.com/home/2008/02/09/ron-paul-suspends-campaign-sorta/

well let's face it, it was a totally stupid letter to send out.

However, what's done is done, and at least we finally got some news coverage.:rolleyes:

tommyzDad
Huck won with 60%......I thought it was a winner take all? How did MCCancer Boy get 2 delegates???

Every state's got a war-monger or 2 I guess. :p

4RP08inKCMO
02-09-2008, 04:55 PM
What's your basis for believing this then?

I don't know bro. It was a stupid thing to say but I forgot everything posted on this forum had to be literal. Anyway I guess I'm just still a little confused about Romney calling it quits and not Huckabee. Huckabee has always kissed McCain's ass while Romney always seemed like the candidate that would want to screw McCain over by leading to a brokered convention. Now Romney is done and Huckabee is standing strong against McCain. :confused:

Feelgood
02-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Huckabeast declare winner with 78% We got double digits!! Third Place! Woooo:D

Im so glad to see we beat "Other" this time. Candidate Other has been doing quite well up until now. :rolleyes:

HollyforRP
02-09-2008, 05:21 PM

yeah it appears so :(

He's such a phony too

4RP08inKCMO
02-09-2008, 05:24 PM
yeah it appears so :(

He's such a phony too

Smile! :) A Huckabee sweep from here on out and a brokered convention would be good for us.