PDA

View Full Version : Make Ron Run 3rd Party By Force If Necessary!!! EVERYONE MUST DO THIS NOW!!!!!

Oyate
02-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Folks, let's face it, Dr. Paul owes us bigtime. If he won't run 3rd party of his own accord everyone MUST march straight down to Texas, tie Dr. Paul to a board and we march him straight to the Libertarian Party HQ.

Oh wait, they already nominated a candidate. Fine, so it's off to the Constitution Party HQ. Hmmm.....they don't nominate a candidate until April.

OK so that leaves us two options: we hide Dr. Paul in somebody's basement until April or we waterboard him until he comes around. I dunno, I'm open to suggestion. Who'd have thought politics could be so complicated?

mkeller
02-09-2008, 03:13 PM
:) You are joking, right?

hueylong
02-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Nasty, disrespectful tone in this post.

That said, there is A LOT of time between now, and the latest date for making that decision.

The Consitution Party nominating convention is in April. The Libertarian nominating convention is in May. An independent candidate would need to begin gathering signatures in Texas -- in May.

PLEASE, let Dr. Paul get through his March 4th primary for Congress. THEN, we can take a fresh look at this issue.

notcarljung
02-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Haha! Nice.

But if the man doesn't wanna run, we can't force him. I sincerely hope he changes his mind. It doesn't matter though; I'll be writing in his name either way.

Also, Dr. Paul is right. If we can't get him elected on the Republican ticket, the Libertarian ticket will be that much tougher. Ballot access for 3rd parties is usually pretty tough. Especially here in AL. But anywhoo.

libertarian4321
02-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Folks, let's face it, Dr. Paul owes us bigtime. If he won't run 3rd party of his own accord everyone MUST march straight down to Texas, tie Dr. Paul to a board and we march him straight to the Libertarian Party HQ.

Oh wait, they already nominated a candidate. Fine, so it's off to the Constitution Party HQ. Hmmm.....they don't nominate a candidate until April.

OK so that leaves us two options: we hide Dr. Paul in somebody's basement until April or we waterboard him until he comes around. I dunno, I'm open to suggestion. Who'd have thought politics could be so complicated?

Two points:

1. This post is idiotic.

2. The Libertarian Party hasn't nominated anyone yet.

clowns789
02-16-2008, 05:17 PM
You know you (Oyate) can run as an independent, right? You still got 9 months!

qh4dotcom
02-16-2008, 09:28 PM
How about if someone Ron Paul endorses runs 3rd party?

FreeTraveler
02-16-2008, 09:35 PM
You were 20 years too late. Nobody recognizes satire anymore. It's been bred out by failing to teach it in government school. :D

NeoRayden
02-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Got a question for the original poster. What does it say on the back of all LP Membership cards?

"STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES

We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose."

Given this statement and your force-able tone stating the Ron owes us something (which he does not) and he should run third party or you will make him. Is hypocritical!

You obviously DO NOT understand how freedom works.

Now using your ideology I can tell you to either walk out in front of a moving semi or I will push you. After all you owe for the time I wasted posting this post for you to ignorantly read and more than likely will not comprehend.

libertytalklive
02-17-2008, 08:07 PM
I don't care how I have to vote for him, even if its Writing Ron Paul In (http://www.write-in-ron-paul.com). Even if he runs as an independent, there's ballot access issues.

bradmonteath
02-26-2008, 10:59 AM
RP's campaign was an informational campaign, not a presidential campaign. Those who thought otherwise are feeling the letdown. RP said he never expected to get this far. He never expected that a fund raiser would drop millions on his campaign & frankly, he doesn't know what to do with it.

RP wanted to change thinking in the GOP; that's all. If he really wanted to revolt against the current system, he could use the $6million to legally challenge the IRS's authority to collect taxes. Don't hold your breath.

Ron Paul is not going to do anything different than he has been doing since he started. He wants his congressional seat back--that's all.

Ron Paul is an economist. He's not a politician & he's certainly not a revolutionary. There is no revolution.

A revolution is...
-getting in the face of your oppressor and saying, "No more!"
-sending in signed blank tax returns to the IRS
-legally challenging the Patriot Act
-going to court to reopen ground zero for a proper investigation
-finding those who knowing changed their routines on 9/11 and holding them legally responsible as co-conspirators
-getting access to information as to who did not send out interceptors to the planes approaching the towers and why
-marching into congress and demanding that they impeach Bush & Cheney
-going to the UN & demanding that they arrest Bush and Cheney for war crimes

THAT IS A REVOLUTION!!!!
If you want a revolution, you're going to have to leave RP behind. He has made it clear he wants no part of this. Stop giving him money and find a new leader--someone who knows the law & is willing to do what it takes to expose the truth. The foot soldiers are here, but without the right leader, the revolt ends here. The tyranny began at 9/11. Where it ends is up to you.

Flash
02-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Nasty, disrespectful tone in this post.

That said, there is A LOT of time between now, and the latest date for making that decision.

The Consitution Party nominating convention is in April. The Libertarian nominating convention is in May. An independent candidate would need to begin gathering signatures in Texas -- in May.

PLEASE, let Dr. Paul get through his March 4th primary for Congress. THEN, we can take a fresh look at this issue.

So if RP secures his congressional seat then will he be able to run as a Libertarian? I am confused.

speciallyblend
02-26-2008, 07:51 PM
the revolution will live once the republican party dies,lets help it die quicker. THE GOP IS SCUM FOR WHAT THEY DID TO RON PAUL with their actions and inactions.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-26-2008, 09:52 PM
the revolution will live once the republican party dies,lets help it die quicker. THE GOP IS SCUM FOR WHAT THEY DID TO RON PAUL with their actions and inactions.

I agree more and more each passing day. It seems so futile to continue trying to plug a sinking ship whose captain is just creating more holes. Our only purpose in the GOP at this point should be to help break it apart. Let it go the way of the Whigs. We need to break off the reasonable conservatives and libertarians who will help form a new party, and let the establishment and war-mongering retards rot.

Ron Paul would get a second wind that would be like a Hurricane if he would only run third party or independent. The curious independents would flock to him, especially after dropping the (R) hanging around his neck that's nothing but a giant, dead, reeking albatross in this election.

Tdcci
02-26-2008, 09:55 PM
We need to break off the reasonable conservatives and libertarians who will help form a new party,

Libertarians are conservatives, so Libertarian Party. If you mean religious conservatives, "social conservatives" that wish to force their morality on everyone else, you have the Constitution Party. If these were to merge into one big party, it would be exactly the GOP. The power structures, the ballot access, the name recognition is already there, so why not take it?

colecrowe
02-26-2008, 10:29 PM
the only reason Ron Paul wouldn't run indy is if he doesn't get overwhelming support for it. That is the only reason he ran in this race. If hundreds of thousands of people write him letters saying they want him to run, they will send money, and get signatures, and canvass, then he will do it. As one of those soldiers that has given to him and worked for his campaign, and knowing that so many of my buddies in Iraq and soon to go back want him to be President so bad, I feel like he will consider that and do it for us troops (and of course for everyone else)--but I mean, it has to mean something incredibly huge that the nation's troops want him as their commander in chief so badly! Please Mr. Paul, please run, please fight, and we will fight with you for a win...

independent would be the only way to win. Libertarian caps it at 5- maybe 10%., guaranteed (open borders, legalize all drugs, abolish social security, pro NAFTA--why?--90% of people could never vote for that, let alone they already don't like the name "libertarian"--it's like libertine, hedonist, or some crap--yeah, I know Reagan said "a true conservative is a libertarian"--but that's not near enough. Constitution Party believes in Constitutional amendment to outlaw abortion nationwide--like a 13th Amendment for abortion--besides the fact that you won't get any dems with that, RP disagrees vehemently. Americans are ready to declare their independence--from the parties, the lobbying and special interests, the pro-amnesty Republican and the Dems who refused to end the war. And besides--if Ron Paul is anything, he is independent--he's always voted against his party. He disagrees with a ton of the Republican agenda, and the Libertarian agenda. He officially resigned from the Republican Party at one point.

Ross Perot only spent 64 million on his campaign--a little over 100 million in todays dollars. NOT BILLIONS. So anybody that says so is a fing idiot!--actually they are probably dishonest. And Ron Paul's grassroots is a hundred times more devoted and ready to sacrifice and fight. And the nay-sayers will say "We can't get on the ballots--it's impossible!" Oh, but Ross Perot could? Morons. And Ross Perot was in first place by 9 points (or 8--whatever it was) before he dropped out and said he was threatened (and he still got 19% of the vote--which is great--and Ron Paul is way more amazing than Perot, with way bigger support. And the conditions are similar--there was a recession in '92--now 70% of Americans polled think the economy is bad and likely to get worse, inflation is soaring and gas is still painfully expensive. And then you have the war. The Dems have the war, but they can't get the fiscal, immigration, gun, and school conservatives. The Republicans have what they have (i would argue, not much, with their current candidate, except they would be guaranteed 90% of the pro-war vote (so 30% maybe))--but 72% of Americans want the war to end.

If Ron Paul declared an indy run (after March 4th of course) then he could raise 25 million right off the bat. Everyone I know would give twice what they already have. We could get 200,000 precinct captains and get the 38 states back that are useless to us now in the Repub race because they've already voted, and have 7 months to canvass. Run a couple nationwide amazing infomercials.

Country over party. Remember what all the founders (the good ones) said about parties? Do you think they'd agree that Ron Paul should care more about offending the GOP than fighting for the Constitution, freedom, and government of the people?

colecrowe
02-27-2008, 12:20 AM
bump

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Good post, Colecrow. The GOP is a coffin that will never be supported by the American people as any sort of force for positive change again. Even if Ron Paul doesn't win as an independent, it would be the biggest shot in the arm there could be to the movement if he continues on all the way to November.

Let's just wait until after March 4th. Once he wins his Congressional primary, there's no longer any danger on that front. If he declares an independent run in late spring or early summer, then it will be too late for the GOP to run another candidate against him in TX-14, even if they're dumb enough to expel him from the party.

acptulsa
02-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Haha! Nice.

But if the man doesn't wanna run, we can't force him. I sincerely hope he changes his mind. It doesn't matter though; I'll be writing in his name either way.

Also, Dr. Paul is right. If we can't get him elected on the Republican ticket, the Libertarian ticket will be that much tougher. Ballot access for 3rd parties is usually pretty tough. Especially here in AL. But anywhoo.

We can't force him to run but you'll write him in anyway. I'm confused.

Ron Paul ran as a service to this nation. He didn't expect to win. He wanted to help us make a statement. In short, his nation drafted him and he answered.

It's hard to get a name on the ballot here, too, but that's still how I intend to spend the summer. Then we go to the brokered G.O.P. convention and say, nominate Dr. Paul or we split your vote and the young crop of conservatives abandon you. In other words, we draft him again. We're on our way into a recession and the stock market has a way of doing it's serious tanking in late October--just in time for election day. Dr. Paul is the one candidate who understands the economy and even the most willfully ignorant voter seems to understand that much.

We need to get him set up on the ballot and keep spreading the word. Events look poised to do the rest. After all this work, why would we stop now?!

pinkmandy
02-27-2008, 11:03 AM
RP's campaign was an informational campaign, not a presidential campaign. Those who thought otherwise are feeling the letdown. RP said he never expected to get this far. He never expected that a fund raiser would drop millions on his campaign & frankly, he doesn't know what to do with it.

RP wanted to change thinking in the GOP; that's all. If he really wanted to revolt against the current system, he could use the $6million to legally challenge the IRS's authority to collect taxes. Don't hold your breath.

Ron Paul is not going to do anything different than he has been doing since he started. He wants his congressional seat back--that's all.

Ron Paul is an economist. He's not a politician & he's certainly not a revolutionary. There is no revolution.

A revolution is...
-getting in the face of your oppressor and saying, "No more!"
-sending in signed blank tax returns to the IRS
-legally challenging the Patriot Act
-going to court to reopen ground zero for a proper investigation
-finding those who knowing changed their routines on 9/11 and holding them legally responsible as co-conspirators
-getting access to information as to who did not send out interceptors to the planes approaching the towers and why
-marching into congress and demanding that they impeach Bush & Cheney
-going to the UN & demanding that they arrest Bush and Cheney for war crimes

THAT IS A REVOLUTION!!!!
If you want a revolution, you're going to have to leave RP behind. He has made it clear he wants no part of this. Stop giving him money and find a new leader--someone who knows the law & is willing to do what it takes to expose the truth. The foot soldiers are here, but without the right leader, the revolt ends here. The tyranny began at 9/11. Where it ends is up to you.

Wow, didn't you start THIS thread http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=124343 saying EXACTLY the same thing? I thought it looked familiar. :rolleyes:

colecrowe
02-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Thank you for the good, reasoned post. Great info. But I disagree with you saying that we will lose "substantial support". We don't have substantial support. We have like 8% support--at the VERY most (average it out--and be realistic--you will agree it's 8% at the very most--and it's way too late for a brokered convention).

I disagree and don't think we get support mainly from christian/republican types--I think that is unique to your experience--and besides, that ground obviously isn't that fertile compared to other, broader ground--just look at our results, even in Michigan, your example. But, also, I absolutely have never thought we would get our support from pot smokers, truthers, etc.

Our support comes, and will come in a HUGE way if we go iNDY, from people who are anti-war, pro-constitution, and most importantly TIRED OF BEING LIED TO, TIRED OF LOBBYISTS, AND HUNGRY FOR THE TYPE OF STATESMAN ONLY RON PAUL IS.

People will vote for Ron Paul for his record that is so amazing, and so different, even if they disagree with some of his stances. Proof: The same exact thing made me, my wife, my father-in-law, father, grandpa-in-law, and on and on (including many family members I never proselytized to!) choose Paul: HIS HONESTY--the fact that he's not a "politician" like ALL the others. Once they hear that he has never gotten lobbyist money, never changed his stances, AND ONCE THEY HEAR HIM SPEAK, they are hooked.

But not the GOP sheep--the pro Iraq war types. That is why we have to get out of the GOP.

If we go iNDY, we will also get all the anti-war GOPers. Plus, we might get more GOPers than that if McCain is the nominee--because of immigration and character (he cheated on his wife and is married to his mistress now).

Plus, we haven't got to capitalize on running anti-war ads, especially with veterans in them supporting him. We need to make a much bigger deal about the amazing amount of money he raised from military members (more than all the Republicans put together) in ads, etc.

We also haven't capitalized on his being an Obstetrician for 30 years, and so much more. His name recognition is extremely dismal--we need a fresh start with exposure in every state--not just those left in the GOP race.

I've done A LOT of work for the campaign in Michigan and have met many different supporters. I can say with certainty that in Michigan, the majority of Ron Paul supporters are Republicans or disaffected Republicans. The majority are also Christians.

These boards are NOT representative of who is voting for us.

I'd estimate (from Michigan) we have about 65% of some type of Republicans making up our voters and about 75% Christians. The number of truthers that support Ron Paul is also very low I'd estimate about 10 to 15 percent. Again this is from my experience in Michigan.

If you looked at these forums, you'd think the majority were liberal atheists, and that may well be true about these forums, but now out in the real world.

I'd also like to add there are major discrepancies between the average Ron Paul voter and the "hardcore supporters"

Atheists, marijuana activists, peace activists, and truthers make up a disproportionate part of our "hardcore" supporters.

This is all very important and you need to think about the big picture. If we run independent, you can expect everyone on the forums and all the hardcore supporters to still supporter Ron Paul, but we're going to lose a substantial chunk of our base. If you think that people who already vote for Ron Paul won't vote for the Republican nominee, you haven't been talking enough to our casual voters, and believe me we have MANY of them.

Wherever Ron goes, I'll vote for him, but be aware many will not. How many of you have actually worked for a 3rd party candidate that is not a billionaire?

If you think things are bad now, you haven't seen anything yet.

WilliamC
02-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Here in Mississippi it only takes 1,000 signatures to get a Presidential candidate on the ballot...

colecrowe
02-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Here in Mississippi it only takes 1,000 signatures to get a Presidential candidate on the ballot...

It's impossible -- it could never be done! And besides, Perot had to spend BILLIONS to do it ["He campaigned in 16 states and spent an estimated $65.4 million of his own money. Perot employed the innovative strategy of purchasing half-hour blocks of time on major networks for infomercial (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infomercial)-type campaign ads; these ads garnered more viewership than many sitcoms, with one Friday night program in October attracting 10.5 million viewers"--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot#1992_presidential_candidacy...."What cost $65.4 in 1991 would cost $102.53 in 2007"--http://www.westegg.com/inflation/]. And besides, it is utterly impossible for a non major party candidate to win (but it's extremely likely that we will win the nomination in a brokered convention, and besides, much more important is changing the GOP, since Ron Paul has always been a Republican (oh, except when he officially resigned via a nasty letter and then ran as a Libertarian) and besides the founders hated third parties and independents). Speaking of the founders, I would say that the American Revolution and ratifying the Constitution and running a country based on freedom seemed pretty impossible, but they did it because it was right--even if it wasn't comfortable or what the parties of the time wanted.

After March 4th, let's write Ron Paul a couple hundred thousand or more hand written letters, and have our family, friends, and associates write a little note pledging their support to send along with the letters. Then get those really amazing nationwide infomercials on the air. And get ready to fight. We have to try.

WilliamC
02-27-2008, 07:25 PM
The motivation for doing this would not necessarily be to actually force Ron Paul's hand into running as an independent but rather give him an additional bargaining chip at the Republican Convention.

Imagine him going to the Convention with his name on the ballot in all 50 States but through no effort or attempt of his own!

What kind of message do you think that would send to the Republican Party about who is actually electable in November?

colecrowe
02-27-2008, 09:32 PM
The motivation for doing this would not necessarily be to actually force Ron Paul's hand into running as an independent but rather give him an additional bargaining chip at the Republican Convention.

Imagine him going to the Convention with his name on the ballot in all 50 States but through no effort or attempt of his own!

What kind of message do you think that would send to the Republican Party about who is actually electable in November?

Umm, yeah...Ron Paul has a slightly better chance of getting the GOP nomination than Kucinich has of getting the Dem nomination. Anybody that thinks he can actually have a chance of winning is brain dead, dishonest, on crack, or just plain doesn't want Ron Paul to be president...they care more about the GOP, that's obvious. 75% of the delegates would vote for anybody but Paul. So, again, why does anyone who's not on crack or has an IQ over 70 think he can win the Nom?

Well, you guys can go ahead and not give a crap about your country, but my brother and I are going to Iraq in August, so I actually give a crap, because I'd like Ron Paul to start bringing us home quickly in January, and then he could start sending us after al-Queda and Osama, etc. So, yeah, go ahead and call me "not a real RP supporter" or say that I "don't think he can win"--because I actually think it is incredibly important that he be our president, and I absolutely think he can win as an independent, and I care much, much more about ending the Iraq war, restoring freedom, and saving our economy than I do about the GOP. And how many Americans would love to start to take down the horrible two-party system? Most. (INCLUDING Ron Paul--the stupidest, most incredible thing that people use as an argument against an indy run, is that "Ron Paul has always been a Republican--he's the true Republican--he would lose credibility with the GOP (just forget that he has almost none now because 85% of Repubs are rabidly pro-war and most his primary votes came from new registrees)--blah, blah, blah--BUT they forget, Ron Paul hates the party system, just like the founders did. And what of his undying loyalty to the wonderful GOP? BS: he resigned from the GOP--and he's a lifetime member of the Libertarian Party.

Idiots.

nate895
02-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Umm, yeah...Ron Paul has a slightly better chance of getting the GOP nomination than Kucinich has of getting the Dem nomination. Anybody that thinks he can actually have a chance of winning is brain dead, dishonest, on crack, or just plain doesn't want Ron Paul to be president...they care more about the GOP, that's obvious. 75% of the delegates would vote for anybody but Paul. So, again, why does anyone who's not on crack or has an IQ over 70 think he can win the Nom?

Well, you guys can go ahead and not give a crap about your country, but my brother and I are going to Iraq in August, so I actually give a crap, because I'd like Ron Paul to start bringing us home quickly in January, and then he could start sending us after al-Queda and Osama, etc. So, yeah, go ahead and call me "not a real RP supporter" or say that I "don't think he can win"--because I actually think it is incredibly important that he be our president, and I absolutely think he can win as an independent, and I care much, much more about ending the Iraq war, restoring freedom, and saving our economy than I do about the GOP. And how many Americans would love to start to take down the horrible two-party system? Most. (INCLUDING Ron Paul--the stupidest, most incredible thing that people use as an argument against an indy run, is that "Ron Paul has always been a Republican--he's the true Republican--he would lose credibility with the GOP (just forget that he has almost none now because 85% of Repubs are rabidly pro-war and most his primary votes came from new registrees)--blah, blah, blah--BUT they forget, Ron Paul hates the party system, just like the founders did. And what of his undying loyalty to the wonderful GOP? BS: he resigned from the GOP--and he's a lifetime member of the Libertarian Party.

Idiots.

Do you know how the GOP selects delegates? If you did you would be celebrating because you'd know we are pretty close to getting 38 delegates out of Oklahoma, 69 out of Georgia, 137 out of Texas, 37 out of Washington, and in many other states.

colecrowe
02-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Do you know how the GOP selects delegates? If you did you would be celebrating because you'd know we are pretty close to getting 38 delegates out of Oklahoma, 69 out of Georgia, 137 out of Texas, 37 out of Washington, and in many other states.

It's not enough. Conservatively, the anti-Paul, pro-war, pro-USA PATRIOT Act, delegates will have 75%. All the Huckabee and Romney delegates will vote for McCain, and if not McCain, then someone else non-Paul.

Stupid, deluded. Whatever.

colecrowe
02-27-2008, 10:57 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/op...28mike.html?hp (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/opinion/28mike.html?hp)

I believe that an independent approach to these issues is essential to governing our nation — and that an independent can win the presidency. I listened carefully to those who encouraged me to run, but I am not — and will not be — a candidate for president. I have watched this campaign unfold, and I am hopeful that the current campaigns can rise to the challenge by offering truly independent leadership. The most productive role that I can serve is to push them forward, by using the means at my disposal to promote a real and honest debate.

In the weeks and months ahead, I will continue to work to steer the national conversation away from partisanship and toward unity; away from ideology and toward common sense; away from sound bites and toward substance. And while I have always said I am not running for president, the race is too important to sit on the sidelines, and so I have changed my mind in one area. If a candidate takes an independent, nonpartisan approach — and embraces practical solutions that challenge party orthodoxy — I’ll join others in helping that candidate win the White House.

The changes needed in this country are straightforward enough, but there are always partisan reasons to take an easy way out. There are always special interests that will fight against any challenge to the status quo. And there are always those who will worry more about their next election than the health of our country.

nate895
02-27-2008, 10:58 PM
It's not enough. Conservatively, the anti-Paul, pro-war, pro-USA PATRIOT Act, delegates will have 75%. All the Huckabee and Romney delegates will vote for McCain, and if not McCain, then someone else non-Paul.

Stupid, deluded. Whatever.

No they won't, as a good 1/2-2/3 of delegates are selected in a similar matter as those states.