PDA

View Full Version : Real ID question...

filmgeek
02-09-2008, 01:13 PM
I live in NJ and, unfortunately, my state is accepting the Real ID with open arms (of course, this is NJ...why should I be surprised?).

I would like to know, is the Real ID going to be replacing my driver's license? and, if so, is there a way that you can reject getting the Real ID while still keeping a driver's license?

Dieseler
02-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Thats the catch to it Film. It will be replacing your driving set. They know you can not survive in the modern world without driving.
Most can't anyway.
I don't think you will be able to retain driving privilege under their current plan if you reject their ID.
That would defeat the all encompassing purpose of it.

filmgeek
02-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Thats the catch to it Film. It will be replacing your driving set. They know you can not survive in the modern world without driving.
Most can't anyway.
I don't think you will be able to retain driving privilege under their current plan if you reject their ID.
That would defeat the all encompassing purpose of it.

Saying that I'm not happy about this would be a huge understatement.

:mad:

Thank you for the fast reply though!

I just wish I could figure out a way to get around this. :(

Roxi
02-09-2008, 01:23 PM
the real ID will replace your drivers license yes, and even if you refused to get one, you would eventually HAVE to board a plane, enter a federal building, or buy a home, and you must have a real ID to do these things EVEN IF YOUR STATE denied It.... yup sucks huh?

pdavis
02-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Yes it will replace your driver's license. Not only that but you need it to open a bank account, fly in an airplane, ride in an Amtrak, and to travel to and even from Canada and Mexico.

EDIT: From what I understand you can still travel on an airplane, train, and travel to and from Canada and Mexico using your passport and or your birth certificate

Roxi
02-09-2008, 01:26 PM
also, here you should read this.....

http://roxisjunk.blogspot.com/2007/09/save-your-country-pass-it-on-all-you.html

filmgeek
02-09-2008, 01:28 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Other than Ron Paul, are there any other people in the fed govt. who are trying to fight this?

filmgeek
02-09-2008, 01:31 PM
also, here you should read this.....

http://roxisjunk.blogspot.com/2007/09/save-your-country-pass-it-on-all-you.html

*reading it now*

I knew about some of that, but... wow. *shakes head in dismay*

paulette
02-09-2008, 02:19 PM
How realistic would it be to refuse the real ID? FEMA camp...here I come.