PDA

View Full Version : Just saying you're Repub

pinkmandy
02-09-2008, 01:12 PM
doesn't make you one. Can the GOP actually kick McCain out? If so, what would it take to do so?

sirachman
02-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Something high powered but i dont think thats a good option.

Kacela
02-09-2008, 01:14 PM
What would it take: Having the delegates "turn" on him at the Convention... Some delegates aren't bound by law to vote for the "preferred nominee" ;)

lol @ sirachman's solution

jeff43
02-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Ron Paul is hated by more in the Republican Party than John McCain. Polls show that conservatives hate Paul. They'd kick out Paul before McCain.

speciallyblend
02-09-2008, 01:31 PM
i heard mccain is a republican because he has a r next to his name

Sey.Naci
02-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Ron Paul is hated by more in the Republican Party than John McCain. Polls show that conservatives hate Paul. They'd kick out Paul before McCain.Have checked out every one of your 18 posts.

People, we got a troll. :D

jeff43
02-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Have checked out every one of your 18 posts.

People, we got a troll. :D

I can link you to polls that show this if you'd like. I'd have to do a little digging though. We're talking 40, 50, 60% of conservatives that say they don't like Ron Paul. I'm sure some of the people that have been here a while can verify this. A lot of it is probably due to the war issue alone. If Republicans liked Paul more than McCain, Paul would be the one with 700 delegates instead of 14. John McCain was getting nearly as many conservative votes as Romney and Huckabee were in New Hampshire and South Carolina according to exit polls. Paul was way behind among conservatives, but got a good amount of independents.

JonathanR
02-09-2008, 01:53 PM
The "troll" is correct. Ron Paul is a pariah in the Republican party. They have even actively tried to sabotage his Congressional runs. In fact in Paul's 1995 run, the party courted a Democrat to run as a Republican and got Newt Gingrich, Texas Governor George W. Bush, and the National Rifle Association to campaign for Paul's opponent. Paul still won.

jeff43
02-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Thank you Jonathan. I'm not saying I don't like Paul because he's hated by most conservatives. I love Ron Paul and that's why I'm here! I'm just telling you what I've seen in exit polls and other scientific polls. They don't like Ron Paul! That's what we have to change. We have to change their perspective of what the Republican Party is all about and how they've lost their way. They will lose in the general election and hopefully that will help them get back on track. I think one of Ron Paul's main reasons for running was to help the Republican Party get back on the right track.

jbuttell
02-09-2008, 02:02 PM
If things continue on their current course - where the perception of the Iraq war is looking all rosey to the general public, if the Markets do not continue their downward spiral... If the housing market doesn't continue to decline.... McCain will get the nod without a question. On the other hand, if reality sinks in.... If the remaining Primary/Caucus states remain STRONG and push hard for Ron Paul to make a statement (now that McCain thinks he has it in the bag) then there is still hope.

Don't give up, Ron Paul surely hasn't.

.jeremy