PDA

View Full Version : ***My Awesome Day!!!***

pinkmandy
02-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks to those who donated to help me mail letters in my precinct for Tuesday's primaries. I think you'll enjoy my story!!!

Went to the post office w/my oldest son (10) to mail 365 letters in a big box. Everyone is line was asking about RP so I was happily going on and on and on...I get up to the counter and the lady says I need to buy stamps, no machine there and no discount for a one time mailing. Then she tries to give me a bunch of flower stamps...um, no! I need LIBERTY BELL stamps! :) The line behind me giggles. Then I got sit at a table by the door so everyone coming in/out sees me and my 10 yo and I start stamping all the envelopes.

THEN...a guy I don't know comes up and offers to help. That's cool.

THEN...a well dressed businessman comes up and says "Will you sign this petition..." and stops. He asks what we are mailing when he sees my RP button on my jacket. I tell him and he gets excited. His petition is for a RP Repub, endorsed by RP, to go on our ballot and compete against our incumbent neocon in our district. I sign and take a few to get signatures myself. He gives me his business card...he's a ballot access coordinator for ronpaul2008.com and a national delegate contender!

It was all just awesome! I'm in a very RURAL area and for the post office of all places to get so much exposure and excitment was super cool.

In all my excitement I decided to go buy some Absolut to celebrate last night and I backed over an old lady in the parking lot. She's okay, just bumped her out of the way...she said she was fine anyway so that was my day...

So that's why I wasn't on yesterday! Had quite a day!!!! And the REVOLUTION LIVES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Kacela
02-09-2008, 01:12 PM
lol - most of it was good; We need a post from the "old lady" to see how HER day went :p

Agora
02-09-2008, 01:13 PM
a w e s o m e!!!

jrich4rpaul
02-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Good job! Thanks for the post!

fabijo
02-09-2008, 01:16 PM
In all my excitement I decided to go buy some Absolut to celebrate last night and I backed over an old lady in the parking lot. She's okay, just bumped her out of the way...she said she was fine anyway so that was my day...

I loved your story, and this part made me crack up. Within the past 24 hours I've read on these forums about:

Ron Paul Supporter drinks beer, then converts 23 people at McDonald's
Ron Paul supporter angers people at caucus by knocking them over with his shark costume
Ron Paul supporter runs over old lady after being so excited, she needed some absolut

We're all nuts! :D

Molly1
wow what a great idea!

Let's all go sit in the post office and put liberty bell stamps on letters for Ron Paul.

Your story shows that we are everywhere....

I also have had my share of Ron Paul experiences in the post office.

But that's for another day...

dawnbt
You bought vodka and the ran over an old lady! LMAO! Nice finish! Great job at the PO by the way!!

pinkmandy
02-09-2008, 01:26 PM
I loved your story, and this part made me crack up. Within the past 24 hours I've read on these forums about:

Ron Paul Supporter drinks beer, then converts 23 people at McDonald's
Ron Paul supporter angers people at caucus by knocking them over with his shark costume
Ron Paul supporter runs over old lady after being so excited, she needed some absolut

We're all nuts! :D

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally missed the shark guy and the McDonald's guy! I love our supporters!!!!

tamor
02-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Thank you, pinkmandy, for your time, energy and dedication to freedom -- that was a day you will never forget! Thanks for sharing

virginiakid
02-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks to those who donated to help me mail letters in my precinct for Tuesday's primaries. I think you'll enjoy my story!!!

Went to the post office w/my oldest son (10) to mail 365 letters in a big box. Everyone is line was asking about RP so I was happily going on and on and on...I get up to the counter and the lady says I need to buy stamps, no machine there and no discount for a one time mailing. Then she tries to give me a bunch of flower stamps...um, no! I need LIBERTY BELL stamps! :) The line behind me giggles. Then I got sit at a table by the door so everyone coming in/out sees me and my 10 yo and I start stamping all the envelopes.

THEN...a guy I don't know comes up and offers to help. That's cool.

THEN...a well dressed businessman comes up and says "Will you sign this petition..." and stops. He asks what we are mailing when he sees my RP button on my jacket. I tell him and he gets excited. His petition is for a RP Repub, endorsed by RP, to go on our ballot and compete against our incumbent neocon in our district. I sign and take a few to get signatures myself. He gives me his business card...he's a ballot access coordinator for ronpaul2008.com and a national delegate contender!

It was all just awesome! I'm in a very RURAL area and for the post office of all places to get so much exposure and excitment was super cool.

So that's why I wasn't on yesterday! Had quite a day!!!! And the REVOLUTION LIVES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Awesome, What part of Virginia do you live in? I live in the 6th District.

Joseph Hart
02-09-2008, 03:39 PM
WOOTSAUCE worthy story! The Revolution virus spreads in waiting lines. When you are waiting in line, hold your head high and wear your Ron Paul TShirt, Pins, and hat. Get the word out when wasting time in lines! Oh and go canvass. :P

goldstandard
02-09-2008, 05:10 PM
bump

acstichter
02-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Taking liberty into our own hands all across America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!