PDA

View Full Version : what will you do in November????

thexjib
02-09-2008, 01:09 PM
If Dr. Paul's name is not on the ballot?

drulay
02-09-2008, 01:14 PM
write him in. Screw the republicrats

hueylong
02-09-2008, 01:16 PM
The power of the pencil. Write him in.

r3volution
02-09-2008, 01:17 PM
this is what i am going to do in the general election if Ron is not an option .

1. SHOW UP TO VOTE ! there is more at stake than just the presidency , you will still be voting for local officials so do your homework and vote for like minded people !

2. i will vote for the Constitution party nominee ,
if there is none the Taxpayers party nominee ,
if there is none the Libertarian party nominee ,
if there is none i will leave that part BLANK and continue to vote for my local officals .

but remember , you will be voting for people that can stop McCain/Clinton from passing what ever they want for the next 4yrs .

jeff43
02-09-2008, 01:19 PM
I'll be supporting the person I think is the best out of those that actually have a chance to win. I'm not throwing my vote away on 3rd party trash or write in nonsense.

r3volution
02-09-2008, 01:23 PM
I'll be supporting the person I think is the best out of those that actually have a chance to win. I'm not throwing my vote away on 3rd party trash or write in nonsense.

people like you are 100% the reason the country is the way it is . you are the problem .
you are too stupid to vote and should just stay home .

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 01:24 PM
I'll write in Ron pAUL, a strong write in oir 3rd party shwoing may not get the white house, but it's a strong statement to the establishment

jeff43
02-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Yep, I'm to stupid because I live in a swing state and want my vote to actually mean something. I guess I'm not smart enough like you to throw it away on a meaningless 3rd party or a worthless write in. And here's yet another thread where I've been called names for speaking my mind. No wonder people call Ron Paul supporters Paultards and I now know why they're so turned off by many of them. Don't agree with someone, call them names. Brilliant strategy.

yongrel
02-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Write him in, and then make a sandwich.

speciallyblend
02-09-2008, 01:28 PM
write him in,but i will definetly not vote for mccain or huckabee 100%

vote for ron paul 2008

theprolific
02-09-2008, 01:30 PM
I'll write in Ron pAUL, a strong write in oir 3rd party shwoing may not get the white house, but it's a strong statement to the establishment

Same here I'll be writing in Ron Paul if he isn't on the ballot.

ninnarae
02-09-2008, 01:31 PM

This attitude is what's wrong with people (sheep)! If everyone thought this way we might as well just have one candidate running. People need to start standing up and vote with their convictions instead of jumping on the bandwagon. At out local caucus in Minnesota, our neighborhood precinct ended up Romney 21, Paul 13, McCain 6, and Huckabee 3. Many Romney supporters stood up and said they thought Paul was best, but thought he couldn't win so they were going to vote for Romney to stop McCain. Now Romney is out anyway. We were more organized, however, and did end up getting 6 of 7 of the delegates. Who knows where we would be in this presidential election process today if people would vote their conscience. The only wasted vote is the one not cast! I'll write in Dr Paul!

FreedomLover
02-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Vote R for all the local positions then McCain in the General.

r3volution
02-09-2008, 01:35 PM

you should change your name ..
even pro-war Conservatives call him a fascist liberal ..

jumpyg1258
02-09-2008, 01:35 PM
I will vote for Ron Paul republicans if there are any on the ballot, and write in Ron if necessary. By then I will not be republican anymore though, probably be 3rd party or Independent due to how we RPR's have been treated.

jumpyg1258
02-09-2008, 01:37 PM

Im going to guess your from New Hampshire and you voted on the ballot like this...
[ ] Live Free
[X] Die

jeff43
02-09-2008, 01:41 PM
This attitude is what's wrong with people (sheep)! If everyone thought this way we might as well just have one candidate running. People need to start standing up and vote with their convictions instead of jumping on the bandwagon. At out local caucus in Minnesota, our neighborhood precinct ended up Romney 21, Paul 13, McCain 6, and Huckabee 3. Many Romney supporters stood up and said they thought Paul was best, but thought he couldn't win so they were going to vote for Romney to stop McCain. Now Romney is out anyway. We were more organized, however, and did end up getting 6 of 7 of the delegates. Who knows where we would be in this presidential election process today if people would vote their conscience. The only wasted vote is the one not cast! I'll write in Dr Paul!

I voted for Ron Paul in my caucus. He's not even going to be on the ballot for President in November though. If I lived in his home district, I'd vote for him in his November Congressional election. But I'm going to be voting for someone else for President. Sorry, I've made my decision and that's just the way it is.

satchelmcqueen
02-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Write in Ron Paul.

The Good Doctor
02-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Write in Ron Paul. There is no other option for me.

Then I can wear my "Don't Blame Me I Voted For Ron Paul" shirt. (Only if he doesn't win of course!!!!!!)

The Good Doctor
02-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Tee Hee!

Im going to guess your from New Hampshire and you voted on the ballot like this...
[ ] Live Free
[X] Die

OferNave
02-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Vote for Ron Paul if he's on the ballot, otherwise, whoever the Libertarian candidate is. Writing in Ron Paul won't accomplish anything, while continuing support to the only decent third party out there is worthwhile.

4RP08inKCMO
02-09-2008, 01:49 PM
I voted for Ron Paul in my caucus. He's not even going to be on the ballot for President in November though. If I lived in his home district, I'd vote for him in his November Congressional election. But I'm going to be voting for someone else for President. Sorry, I've made my decision and that's just the way it is.

I understand your decision. So are you leaning more towards Turd Sandwich or Giant Douche?

satchelmcqueen

Right you are! This type of thinking is the reason Paul is having such a hard time. I call this "The Atlanta Braves Syndrom". What I mean is (i live in georgia) in the 80s when the Braves sucked and lost 4 games out of 5 every week for years and years, i liked them anyway just because i did. i liked how they played hard no matter what...but almost everyone else in Georgia hated them because they lost all the time. Then in 91 when they started winning and finally made it to the top, everyone proclaimed how great they were, and how they always liked them! what a lie i thought. People here in Ga loved them for the next 14 years or so, until they didnt make it awhile back. now they hate them again. So,...

If you support Paul now,then SUPPORT HIM IN NOVEMBER!!!

bj72
Voting for McCain is really not much different then voting for Hillary. It is all an illusion and the whole thing has been steered by the media to make us think we have a choice. Unforunately too many Republicans have bought off on it.

If we don't wake them up by the convention, and RP does not jump off for an independent run last minute (with many Republicans from the convention behind him), I'll write in Ron Paul. The media is just too gleefully they have "locked" Democrats on either side of the ticket now. I'm sorry, but McCain is not a real Republican. Anyone who worked on the hill the past decade or two knows that. Anyone who looks at his record knows that. He might be worse than Hillary/Obama is some respects...as he'll pull some Republicans behind him on votes, that would stand firmly against Hillary or Obama....and on many issues that affect our civil liberties, this would not be a good thing. It would be better to be deadlocked. The Democrats will crush him on his flip-flopping record anyway.

However, last I checked, McCain still doesn't have the votes needed yet. Let's just get to convention and see what happens before we keep speculating on what will be on the ticket in November. And, GET BACK TO WORK! Keep canvassing, even if your state's primary is over. Get the message out to people. Explain the issues, sharpen your own rhetoric on the topics, show them that the candidate was there all along...but the media stole the election. Get them angry, and ready to go to convention.

zmyrick19
02-09-2008, 02:15 PM
"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."

-Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

I'm writing in Dr. Paul.

KevinR
02-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Write him in, and then make a sandwich.
+1

anewvoice
02-09-2008, 02:31 PM
write him in. Screw the republicrats

+1

emilysdad
02-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Yep, I'm to stupid because I live in a swing state and want my vote to actually mean something. I guess I'm not smart enough like you to throw it away on a meaningless 3rd party or a worthless write in. And here's yet another thread where I've been called names for speaking my mind. No wonder people call Ron Paul supporters Paultards and I now know why they're so turned off by many of them. Don't agree with someone, call them names. Brilliant strategy.

If you haven't figure out by now your vote means nothing, then you are the problem. On the positive note, I too will not waste my vote on a third party or a write in. A write in of Ron Paul is just symbolic and a statement, but in reality, it is a wasted vote. I will vote for the democrat nominee for one reason and only one.....to destroy the GOP so it can be rebuilt. That is the statement. But as another poster noted, it still ain't over!!!

Flash
02-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Why vote for mccain? We want dems to win so we can support another Ron Paul in 2012.

GodOfThunder
02-09-2008, 02:44 PM

Your vote doesn't mean anything if you are compromising your principles.

I'm writing in "Ron Paul".

thexjib
02-09-2008, 07:11 PM
ill prolly vote LP

Swmorgan77
02-09-2008, 07:29 PM

Use the die-bold machine to vote for the Constitution party candidate, unless I can somehow write in Ron Paul.

nike
02-09-2008, 07:30 PM
The only option this fall is write in Ron Paul :)

billyjoeallen
02-09-2008, 07:31 PM
It's great to have a write-in candidate with a short name. Makes it a lot easier.

Karsten
02-09-2008, 07:31 PM

Yikes!!!! Is there really a choice between a Mccain or a Hillary/Obama????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????? :confused:

rightobeleftalone
02-09-2008, 08:51 PM
If Ron is not on the ballot, I will vote Constitution Party. They will nominate a Ron Paul like candidate in Kansas City this April. It is important that Ron remain in Congress if he does not get the nomination.

TSOL
02-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Write him in.

hvac ak47
02-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Vote Ron Paul!

Spirit of '76
02-09-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm voting for Ron Paul come hell or high water.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
02-09-2008, 09:04 PM
nt

wowronpaul
02-09-2008, 09:04 PM
write ron paul, we took the red pill.

gracebkr
02-09-2008, 09:05 PM

I will write in Ron Paul or vote for the candidate of the Constitution Party as Chuck Baldwin suggested. I will NOT vote for the lesser of two evils. If I did, I would vote dem.

dealerjim
02-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I am a republican and the only way to vote republican is to write in Ron Paul. McCain is more liberal than either of the democrats running therefore I don't consider it a waste of a vote to write him in. McCain is a disaster waiting to happen.

rmholla
02-09-2008, 09:30 PM
I'll be writing in Ron Paul. It may only be symbolic but I think it is my duty to vote and I cannot bring myself to vote for any of the other candidates. A large number of write ins will be noticed by the GOP. And then they cannot claim that Ron Paul supporters threw the election to the Democrats (even if they do win because we didn't back the GOP nominee).

-

Madsci30
02-09-2008, 09:31 PM
write in

nbhadja
02-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Write him in!!!!
We will set another record, the write in record!

VRP08
02-09-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm writing Dr. Paul in. Nobody else is getting my vote!

Bold As Love
02-09-2008, 10:06 PM
probably Libertarian, with a write-in for Ron Paul.

Might have to write-in with a Marks-A-Lot on the DieBold voting machine.;)

JWZguy
02-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Vote libertarian - those results will be announced. Write-ins won't.

Thunderbolt
02-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Vote libertarian - those results will be announced. Write-ins won't.

Yes. Me too. Same reason. Write-ins - all of them get lumped together and the best you will get is there were 1212 write ins but no one will even read them. They don't get read at all. Just thrown in a box. They could all say Mickey Mouse for all anyone knows.

I intend to make a statement. I am voting Libertarian!

thoughtbombing
02-10-2008, 04:23 AM

This is what all votes should be.

tomveil
02-10-2008, 04:33 AM
I will write him in and be able to sleep at night.

I'll hope Obama wins, but I'm not voting for him.

affa
02-10-2008, 04:46 AM

you suck in every thread.
you are a nothing but a feeble thought striving to be something it is not and can never be, cursed forever to be both unimportant and impotent.

Richandler
02-10-2008, 04:47 AM
The only way to waste your vote is to vote.

I'm sorry but writing in and votes for third party are completely useless. They have never affected anything. Either vote for the guy you want or don't vote at all is what I say.

thegr8drronpaul
02-10-2008, 04:57 AM

Jeff, you need to just go already. I've read too many shady posts from you within the last few hours. I hate to even respond to you and keep this thread going, but haven't you realized you're not going to convince any of us to abandon what we have been fighting for? This is a rheutorical question - please don't respond and just stop posting. You think you can come on our forums and call us Paultards and that this is really going to go over well? Really, you must know you're wasting your time. Why don't you get out and just go to a movie or something.

Drknows
02-10-2008, 05:06 AM
Well if i end up voting ill write him in but more than likely I will be drunk that day.

tomveil
02-10-2008, 05:07 AM
Well if i end up voting ill write him in but more than likely I will be drunk that day.

+1776

DeanToPaulIn4Years
02-10-2008, 09:07 AM

if your vote isn't the single vote that swings the election, how does it 'mean' any more than a write-in for Paul? say what you want about Paul supporters and how they've hurt your feelings, the reality is that you're a fucking moron. good day.

DeanToPaulIn4Years
02-10-2008, 09:07 AM
The only way to waste your vote is to vote.

I'm sorry but writing in and votes for third party are completely useless. They have never affected anything. Either vote for the guy you want or don't vote at all is what I say.

idiotic, nonsensical rambling.

Sematary
02-10-2008, 09:12 AM

Write him in

Natalie
02-10-2008, 09:39 AM
I'll vote Libertarian

nc4rp
02-10-2008, 10:10 AM
write off the US election system as a fraud? spend the time doing something with some meaning?