PDA

View Full Version : Just caucused in Kansas! & Got interviewed for an NPR special tomorrow!!

sirachman
02-09-2008, 12:54 PM
I just caucused for Ron Paul here in Kansas, there was a pretty big turnout but I saw quite a few other Ron Paul supporters. I went to the location on Marty street in Johnson County at the Matt Ross Community Center. There were approximately 600-800 people there with a capacity of 200 so everyone couldnt get in to sit and listen to the speeches. I hear it was worse at the Westglen theatres with 6 different theatre rooms occupied but only enough speakers for a couple of the rooms. Anyways our speaker was great!

Also after the speeches I was interviewed by NPR radio for a special they are supposedly airing tomorrow at 5:00pm (thats central time). My name is Adam Hugo, so listen in and see if they run what they recorded from me. Hopefully I did an alright job I did my best!

Thanks SO much to all the people who came out to caucus for Ron Paul today in Kansas and elsewhere, I tried to shake the hand of almost everyone at my location and thank them but there were so many! Anyways thank you all so much for supporting Ron Paul, and I hope to see everyone continue to stand behind the message and the platform that this campaign has brought so much attention to. We can use this to elect state leaders and future presidents, but only if you keep pushing the message and stay involved.

At my location we had simple pieces of paper with a red sticker for ballots, REAL professional. The planners also only planned for 200 when there were over 600 that showed up, now thats real professionalism and organization. What I mean by this is not a complaint but instead I mean to point out that with work we can not only improve local party conditions, but also retake the Republican party. Now this wont be easy, however the Republican party as it is isnt exactly a well oiled professionally planned team. Enough drabble on my part, but what I want to say is to please keep working on spreading the message Ron Paul has worked so long to, keep spreading it after the election, vote for cantidates which support this message, run yourself, and stay involved. Noone else is very involved in campaiging throughout the year, but if we maintain our participation in this REVOLUTION we can truly make a difference, and we are we just need to keep going keep gaining momentum. Afterall, its America and the future that will pay the price of our apathy.

Aldanga
02-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Sweet! Down at BVNW there were a couple thousand people with multiple sessions. There's a big turnout this year.

RP 247
02-09-2008, 01:00 PM
the West Glenn theaters were packed. the front and back parking lots were full. they had to open up several theaters.

sirachman
02-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Sweet! Down at BVNW there were a couple thousand people with multiple sessions. There's a big turnout this year.

hopefully they are all rp latecomers :D

Apauled
02-09-2008, 01:02 PM
what are your thoughts on who may have had an advantage?

sirachman
02-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Not completely sure since 60+% of people couldnt fit in to the sit down area for the caucus. I really cant judge it well..
If you go by signs there are literally hundreds of signs all over the county for Ron Paul and literally zero for any other republican cantidate. There was one huckabee sign a block away, and 2 mccain signs at the caucus enterance, but other than that TONS of ron paul ones but as for that transferring to people actually voting individually i really dont know. I do know that the speakers for the other two cantidates literally were terrible and ours was great but thats obviously biased. So yes im really of no help in your question:P

tremor_tj
02-09-2008, 01:12 PM
I went to BVNW, and can confirm that there were in fact several thousand, and multiple sessions (the auditorium could hold 800, was full, and I was standing).

The Huckabee people were probably the most vocal, and the least vocal at the same time. Some young supporters were standing next to the entrance with Huckabee stickers on their shirts, and tape over their mouths with the word "Vote" written on it. Nobody got it. Good for us.

There was a lot of Huckabee talk up and down the line that I heard. I also unfortunately heard the older lady next to me say something like "Ron Paul....I don't know much about him". Thanks, MSM.

On the drive to BVNW though, Ron Paul signs at every major intersection. I was amazed. Somebody REALLY went to town, and I thank you/them for it. I saw one Huckabee sign, one McCain sign, and probably 30 RP signs on my way (about 4 miles).

All that said, I'll admit I was evil and peeked over a few shoulders. I saw several votes for RP, and only one for McCain. I wasn't actively trying to look at people's votes though...these were honestly incedental.

Barry Goldwater Jr. got some good laughs out of the crowd during his speech. He OBVIOUSLY was prepared for the 10 minutes each representative was supposed to get, not the two minutes they DID get. He didn't really get much of a chance to tell a lot about RP, and I blame that directly on the large turnout.

Oh, and one Huckabee sign in the auditorium, 2 RP signs, no McCain.

So overall, I'd say we done good in Johnson county.

sirachman
02-09-2008, 01:25 PM
good job! Glad to hear it!