PDA

View Full Version : Reflection

Dary
08-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Before the Iowa Straw poll is over and done with, I just wanted to take a minute to mention a few things.

It's interesting to me how far we've come.

It's like we are being baptized with fire and hardened like steel. We are being prepared for the fight ahead.

We've come from 0 name recognition (polls be damned) to having one of the most sought after candidates imitating us, studying us, even plagiarizing us with pseudo revolution slogans.

We've come from having 0 Meetup groups and grassroots support and volunteers to more than any other candidate.

We've fought off over zealous GOP state chairmen, and shown our strength in numbers.

We've made some mistakes in dealing with some people, but we are learning.

We've got the military with us.

Just in the last few days we've had some real OM air time with Andrea and Julie.

We're coming up with the best ideas in a campaign since the fireside chat.

Spamming food drives, huge DVD distributions, photoshops, radio ads, and mosaics running in newspaper ads.

I mean have you seen some of the vids out there for Ron Paul (of course you have). Such creativity and originality I've never seen in any campaign before.

Songs are being written. Grannies are on tour. DJs are forming radio stations.

There's a guy named Justin and some of his friends running around with TV cameras strapped to their heads doing everything they can in order to cover every Ron Paul event possible.

A real famous guy named Barry gave us $2300.

Sending flowers, candy, cookies and balloons to the media, who has ever done that before in a campaign?

Then there is the self deprecating humor like the recent Comedy Central caption contest. Who won that by the way?

We've taken down hit pieces from hostile web journalists.

Bloggers are inserting "Ron Paul" in their blogs and YouTube producers enter Ron Paul tags in their videos just to generate traffic.

We win every internet poll and post debate poll there is except the FOX poll, which I still believe we won, and the Cal Thomas poll which we later came to learn had been "tuned" to reflect "reality".

We've survived and are surviving some of the most brutal infighting I've ever seen in any discussion group.

Let's not forget the fredthompsonforum.com if you ever want a good laugh.

My die hard democratic union leader uncle is supporting Ron Paul. That's a miracle in itself.

Libertarians are changing their voter's registration to republican OMG!

Cats and dogs are sleeping together!

Speaking of sleeping together, when I went to SC we slept 6 to a room. Try to imagine a range of people from Anti-globalists to right wing abortion activists all snoring in unison and perfect harmony. Many of us didn't even know each other just 18 hours earlier.

We've got Neo-Cons calling us idiots, which is a compliment by the way people, one that we should be screaming at the top of our lungs. Hannity just called me an idiot! Yippee!!!

I know that I'm leaving so much out.

I know we've got so much more to do, but sometimes you just need to take a moment and reflect, and I figure that just before the Iowa Straw Poll is as good as time as any.

I'm so proud to be a part of it.