PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Money Bomb idea from Nolan Chart...

AJ Antimony
02-09-2008, 12:06 PM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article2577.html
(http://www.nolanchart.com/article2577.html)

What's the best thing to do with your $600 stimulus check? According to this author, donate it to the Ron Paul campaign!

Come on people, we can't throw in the towel. We have eight months until the Republican convention, so let's get creative and make Ron Paul a household name!

USAF Vet Dan
02-09-2008, 12:08 PM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article2577.html
(http://www.nolanchart.com/article2577.html)

What's the best thing to do with your $600 stimulus check? According to this author, donate it to the Ron Paul campaign!

Come on people, we can't throw in the towel. We have eight months until the Republican convention, so let's get creative and make Ron Paul a household name!

Perhaps it would be a better use of the money if it were directed toward RP's congressional campaign as well as other RP-endorsed congressional and senatorial candidates?

Wyurm
02-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Perhaps it would be a better use of the money if it were directed toward RP's congressional campaign as well as other RP-endorsed congressional and senatorial candidates?

Why don't we get his congressional campaign his $400 k goal + another 100k just in case then go all out on the liberty candidates?

AJ Antimony
02-09-2008, 12:18 PM

Perhaps. I suppose it depends on how one views his current situation. If one believes his campaign is over and is surrendering to McCain, then it seems spending it toward Ron Paul Congressional candidates would be money better spent. However if one believes this Presidential fight isn't over, then the money would seem to be better spent on his 2008 campaign. After all, eight months of McCain vs. Hillary is going to make Americans sick of them.

Nobody is realizing that there may be unintended consequences of moving every single Primary/caucus up so early in the year.

And don't forget eight months is enough time for a McCain scandal to pop up and force him to drop out of the race. Stranger things have happened...

USAF Vet Dan
02-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Perhaps. I suppose it depends on how one views his current situation. If one believes his campaign is over and is surrendering to McCain, then it seems spending it toward Ron Paul Congressional candidates would be money better spent. However if one believes this Presidential fight isn't over, then the money would seem to be better spent on his 2008 campaign. After all, eight months of McCain vs. Hillary is going to make Americans sick of them.

Nobody is realizing that there may be unintended consequences of moving every single Primary/caucus up so early in the year.

And don't forget eight months is enough time for a McCain scandal to pop up and force him to drop out of the race. Stranger things have happened...

My read between the lines of Ron Paul's latest status report is that he intends to keep the campaign going just in case such a "surprise" (like a McCain meltdown) occurs. But his downsizing of his campaign staff shows a shift in gears. I think he's trying to be honest with his supporters about the need to change strategy while keeping the door open to remote possibilities. In that message, he emphasized the importance of his congressional campaign. There is also his recent endorsements of Murray Sabrin (running for the United States Senate in New Jersey) and Jim Forsythe (running for the House of Representatives in New Hampshire).

For what its worth, that's my opinion. :)

AJ Antimony
02-09-2008, 12:38 PM
My read between the lines of Ron Paul's latest status report is that he intends to keep the campaign going just in case such a "surprise" (like a McCain meltdown) occurs. But his downsizing of his campaign staff shows a shift in gears. I think he's trying to be honest with his supporters about the need to change strategy while keeping the door open to remote possibilities. In that message, he emphasized the importance of his congressional campaign. There is also his recent endorsements of Murray Sabrin (running for the United States Senate in New Jersey) and Jim Forsythe (running for the House of Representatives in New Hampshire).

For what its worth, that's my opinion. :)

So what do you think in terms of having a money bomb which uses just the $600 Washington is giving us?

USAF Vet Dan
02-09-2008, 03:02 PM
So what do you think in terms of having a money bomb which uses just the $600 Washington is giving us?

Why not do three separate money bombs: one for Ron Paul's congressional race, one for Sabrin's senate race, and one for Forsyth's congressional race?

ronpaulitician
02-09-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm gonna keep donating to Paul's presidential campaign, probably another $100 or so over the coming weeks. I'm also gonna donate to his congressional campaign, but more importantly, I'll donate to the congressional campaigns of candidates endorsed by Paul. That's gonna be my "thank you" gesture to Ron Paul.

USAF Vet Dan
02-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm gonna keep donating to Paul's presidential campaign, probably another $100 or so over the coming weeks. I'm also gonna donate to his congressional campaign, but more importantly, I'll donate to the congressional campaigns of candidates endorsed by Paul. That's gonna be my "thank you" gesture to Ron Paul.

My hat is off to you, sir. You are a true patriot!

lastnymleft
02-09-2008, 11:16 PM
My read between the lines of Ron Paul's latest status report is that he intends to keep the campaign going just in case such a "surprise" (like a McCain meltdown) occurs.

I'm expecting such. Before November 4, the following will likely happen:

* The body bags will start flowing again from Iraq. Everybody is told that the "surge" is working but it's only a result of (1) The British basically surrendered the south to the Shiites, and (2) Moqtadr Al Sadr put his "Sadr Army" into 6-month cease-fire to (a) weed out "foreign elements" that had infiltrated his group, and (b) to spend the time furthering his religious studies. That last bit sounds odd, but right now he is subordinate to the Mullahs in Iran. If he studies, he can get himself to a level where he doesn't have to listen to them. That six month cease-fire was declared late August 2007, and is therefore due to expire at the end of this month, and he will emerge stronger than ever.

* Subprime mortgage crisis will continue, with the Fed's easing of rates unable to stop the meltdown. This will trigger many BAD things.

* Vietnam Veterans Against McCain stories will become prominent, and McCains popular support will plummet.

* McCain in the spotlight for 8 months is a long time to go without blowing his top. I don't think he'll make it, and it would be prudent for us to apply a bit of pressure:
"If your opponent is quick to anger, seek to irritate him"--Sun Tzu

Once someone has the majority of delgates, is the national GOP absolutely bound to declare him their official nominee? I can see McCain's popularity being much lower than it is, and opposition to the war being higher, by convention time, and it will be undeniably obvious to the GOP that he will not win against any "anti-war" Democrat.

But his downsizing of his campaign staff shows a shift in gears. I think he's trying to be honest with his supporters about the need to change strategy while keeping the door open to remote possibilities.

Sadly, I think we are to blame. Dr Paul gave us a target to shoot for by Feb 5 ($8.4M), and we stopped a full $3M short, and funding has basically dried up. Having seen the previous fundraising efforts, they were led to believe that it would continue, and increased staffing accordingly. Using random numbers, you'll probaby find that the campaign has a "burn rate" of $1M/month just to keep alive. That is, NOT counting advertising. They probably looked at the cash in the bank, and the cash coming in, and decided that they couldn't justify a burn rate that high, because he would run out of money early. By slashing overheads and downsizing, to, say, $500k/month, he is ensuring that he has the money to get right through. If we had given him the money, he would have continued apace. He said as much several times. Do you think he wants to scale back delivery of the message? No, it was us. We let him down.

USAF Vet Dan
02-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Sadly, I think we are to blame. Dr Paul gave us a target to shoot for by Feb 5 ($8.4M), and we stopped a full $3M short, and funding has basically dried up. Having seen the previous fundraising efforts, they were led to believe that it would continue, and increased staffing accordingly. Using random numbers, you'll probaby find that the campaign has a "burn rate" of $1M/month just to keep alive. That is, NOT counting advertising. They probably looked at the cash in the bank, and the cash coming in, and decided that they couldn't justify a burn rate that high, because he would run out of money early. By slashing overheads and downsizing, to, say, $500k/month, he is ensuring that he has the money to get right through. If we had given him the money, he would have continued apace. He said as much several times. Do you think he wants to scale back delivery of the message? No, it was us. We let him down.

With all due respect to you, I disagree with the "we let him down" statement. First of all, RP changed gears in response to Romney dropping out of the race because that made a "brokered" convention all but impossible. Without a brokered convention there is almost no hope of a nomination victory. To his credit, RP was honest with us about that. The price for that honesty is an almost complete cessation of donations. Furthermore, many (most?) of us have given well beyond our means. Families went without Christmas presents, credit card debt has increased, children have donated their allowances, etc. No, on the issue of financial support, it is inaccurate to say we didn't properly support Ron Paul. Financial support is where we shined.

If "we let him down" in any fashion it is that we allowed the elite-controlled MSM to lie, vilify, slander, sequester and ignore our candidate. We should have shut down Fox and other propagandists by using peaceful civil disobedience (sit-ins, chaining ourselves to their front door, blocking access to their buildings, tying up their phone lines, etc.). "NO!" many said, "The MSM will use that to make us look bad!" Like they didn't make us look bad anyway?????????????

If "we let him down" it was because we allowed the Republican Party to play dirty tricks like they did in Louisiana. We choose to be a victim or a victor. So long as we continue to play the victim, we will be treated as such.

The price for victory is like a delinquent payment to the IRS. The longer one waits to pay it, the higher it will be. We've played their game within the parameters they have set for us... parameters that were created to ensure our defeat. Now it is time that we make the parameters. Here (http://www.nolanchart.com/article2619.html) are a few suggestions I have made to do just that.